• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Concerning Mylan Klonopin and how it has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read the the subject of this thread I immediately grabbed my bottle. I recently (a few months ago) switched pharms and noticed a change in brand. Shortly thereafter I noticed what I thought was a rapid build up in tolerance. I went from 1mg a night to 1.5 to 1.75 and am now taking a full 2 mg per night and STILL thinking, man this just isn't cutting it. Sure enough, it's generic Mylan.

My Dr. was getting worried too, saying I shouldn't need such a high dose etc, and was very hesitant in prescribing 2mgs. I have no recent experience with other benzos or other brands but this definitely as my attention now.

Whats the best option here? I just got a fresh refill, so I'm stuck for another month, but should I change pharms? Ask my Dr. to mark the no substitutes box? What do you guys think? Id hate to think I'm gettin ripped off over here.

When I read the the subject of this thread I immediately grabbed my bottle. I recently (a few months ago) switched pharms and noticed a change in brand. Shortly thereafter I noticed what I thought was a rapid build up in tolerance. I went from 1mg a night to 1.5 to 1.75 and am now taking a full 2 mg per night and STILL thinking, man this just isn't cutting it. Sure enough, it's generic Mylan.

My Dr. was getting worried too, saying I shouldn't need such a high dose etc, and was very hesitant in prescribing 2mgs. I have no recent experience with other benzos or other brands but this definitely as my attention now.

Whats the best option here? I just got a fresh refill, so I'm stuck for another month, but should I change pharms? Ask my Dr. to mark the no substitutes box? What do you guys think? Id hate to think I'm gettin ripped off over here.

Just wait out this month and next month when filling your script try CVS and ask the pharmacist what manufaturers they keep in stock and which they can order. That way you can request Teva brand next time.

That's what I'm going to do, wonder how much it's going to be off insurance. Printout says 48 bucks, which I can do, but who knows what to expect when I refill it next month.

Peace and love

Etherbunny

I've noticed a huge diff as well...

I started on the namebrand Klonopins, and at a much weaker dosage... those worked awesome. The Tevas which were 1 mgs worked well, and now the Mylans are garbage. Even though I get 90 instead of 60 now...

I have read somewhere (could be BL) that generic versions are required to have at least 80% of the active substance so there is a possibility that they try to make more money by shaving off 20% (which would net them an extra pill for every four produced, or 10.000 for every 40.000 which means huge profits... imagine your weed/coke/dope dealer giving you a gram for free every time you buy five grams, instead of adding 20% cheap cuts to every gram of coke or 20% crushed up leaves to a pound of weed LOL! =D).

I sometimes get generic Methylphenidate instead of Novartis brand Ritalin and they don't even compare, same for generic Oxycodone compared to Mundipharma OxyContins. I always get Teva group Diazepam / Temazepam or Roche Rivotril (the minty 0.5 mg Clonazepam tablets) as we don't have such a pharmaceutical market compared to the US it seems. Although the market for antidepressants / antipsychotics is very shady with advertising and doctors seem to love prescribing the newest 'miracle cures' on the market.

At one point I had created a collection (I have this weird hobby of collecting all sorts of pharms, I have even the most useless kinds like Ibuprofen or Caffeine tablets) of all my prescriptions from the past few years including Venlafaxine (Effexor), Mianserin, Trazodone, Quetiapine (Seroquel), Dipiperone, Amitriptyline (Elavil), Mirtazapine (Remeron), Moclobemide (Aurorix), Olanzapine (Zyprexa), Aripiprazole (Abilify), Dutch doctors are pill-crazy quacks TBH... last time I asked for a mild sleeping aid one prescribed me Temazepam (Restoril) while I was hoping for something like Zopiclone or Zolpidem. 8) I am not complaining though... ;)

FWIW: I got all of that stuff for a simple depression but none actually helped and some of them made me feel like a zombie. One (Effexor, horrible stuff) actually gave me a major manic episode followed by a seizure like those Grand Mal seizures epileptic people get, scary stuff. :\

Sorry for the Amphetamine induced ramble BTW ;)

23.gif
-- Peace o/

^ Do you have the white 2mg Roche Rivotril in the Netherlands?

At one point I had created a collection (I have this weird hobby of collecting all sorts of pharms, I have even the most useless kinds like Ibuprofen or Caffeine tablets) of all my prescriptions from the past few years including Venlafaxine (Effexor), Mianserin, Trazodone, Quetiapine (Seroquel), Dipiperone, Amitriptyline (Elavil), Mirtazapine (Remeron), Moclobemide (Aurorix), Olanzapine (Zyprexa), Aripiprazole (Abilify), Dutch doctors are pill-crazy quacks TBH... last time I asked for a mild sleeping aid one prescribed me Temazepam (Restoril) while I was hoping for something like Zopiclone or Zolpidem. 8) I am not complaining though... ;)

FWIW: I got all of that stuff for a simple depression but none actually helped and some of them made me feel like a zombie. One (Effexor, horrible stuff) actually gave me a major manic episode followed by a seizure like those Grand Mal seizures epileptic people get, scary stuff. :\

23.gif
-- Peace o/

I have the same habbit, I have a nice collection of old script bottles, most of which have a fresh 30 day supply in them. Things like Zoloft, Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil, Cymbalta, Effexor, Wellbutrin, just going through the medical cabinet and looking around the computer desk, Vivactil, Remeron, Buspar, Tegretol, Lamictal, and Depakote. Pretty much everything but MAOIs and Lithium.

That doesn't even include the 'take homes' I got from a last year EM visit. I got haloperidol, Thorazine, Haldol and all the atypical anti-psychotics, except Invega. My insurance wouldn't pick it up and I wasn't paying 600 a bottle.

"Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

Hunter S Thompson

Just like when I was manic I would collect 'tokens' from my conquests at parties and with women, I now have my true collection; and not a single law broken.

Peace and love

Etherbunny

I have read somewhere (could be BL) that generic versions are required to have at least 80% of the active substance so there is a possibility that they try to make more money by shaving off 20% (which would net them an extra pill for every four produced, or 10.000 for every 40.000 which means huge profits... imagine your weed/coke/dope dealer giving you a gram for free every time you buy five grams, instead of adding 20% cheap cuts to every gram of coke or 20% crushed up leaves to a pound of weed LOL! =D).

No, No, No, No, NO!

johanneschimpo said:
No, its not like that. If its a 100mg morphine pill, it has 100mg of morphine, always. The key word in my previous post is "bioequivalence." So the 100mg of morphine, along with whatever other filler it has, must be be in the 80%-125% range in effects, not actual dosage. The types of things they measure are Cmax (peak plasma concetration), AUC (area under the curve), etc. Those key numbers for the new generic formulation must yield ("bioequivalency") results in between 80%-125% of those for the brand name. But it always has the exact dosage it says it does (unless there is some freak accident factory fuckup, but that doesn't count). Does that make sense?

I took this from a Name Brand vs. Generics thread from a few monrhs bacj, Believe me, he is correct.

Last edited:
Just wait out this month and next month when filling your script try CVS and ask the pharmacist what manufaturers they keep in stock and which they can order. That way you can request Teva brand next time.

That's what I'm going to do, wonder how much it's going to be off insurance. Printout says 48 bucks, which I can do, but who knows what to expect when I refill it next month.

Peace and love

Etherbunny

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it and will take try your suggestion. I guess Tevas are the best of the generics? Is this a pretty commonly shared belief or you humble opinion or what?

Also, does anyone know if pharms carry more than 1 type of generic on hand? or do certain pharms only go for certain brands? I never really thought about this before, but now im curious.:)

Funny I noticed a difference when I was switched from Teva to Mylan but just attributed the difference to my tolerance. Do you guys ever snort the klonipin?

I sometimes get generic Methylphenidate instead of Novartis brand Ritalin and they don't even compare, same for generic Oxycodone compared to Mundipharma OxyContins. I always get Teva group Diazepam / Temazepam or Roche Rivotril (the minty 0.5 mg Clonazepam tablets) as we don't have such a pharmaceutical market compared to the US it seems. Although the market for antidepressants / antipsychotics is very shady with advertising and doctors seem to love prescribing the newest 'miracle cures' on the market.

23.gif
-- Peace o/

I think the generic medicines actually have to show that it achieves a relatively equal plasma concentration after so much time compared to the original pill, not relatively equal actual amounts of drug... I don't remember too well, so if someone wants to dig up the specifics, that's be great....

Funny I noticed a difference when I was switched from Teva to Mylan but just attributed the difference to my tolerance. Do you guys ever snort the klonipin?

I have, but unless you have the 2mg and only snort like 0.5 - 1mg at a time, then the amount of powder is really a put-off for me. But they do definitely have interestingly different effects when snorted compared with when eaten...

I never have, but if like he V says it's worth it, then depending on the effects I might try.

I have, but unless you have the 2mg and only snort like 0.5 - 1mg at a time, then the amount of powder is really a put-off for me. But they do definitely have interestingly different effects when snorted compared with when eaten...

So, BW, you say the effects are interestingly different, how so? I sometimes wish I could enjoy the effects for longer before just falling asleep. Would that ROA help me achieve that by any chance? If not, what kind of differences could I expect? I do have the 2mgs btw, and I notice that they really don't taste bad, I can chew em up no problem, they're almost a little sweet. So I'm guessing that railing em wouldn't be so bad?

^Yeah, give it a shot, just do maybe 0.5 - 1mg depending on your tolerance and it will hit you really fast and fairly hard... IME, anyways...

^ Maybe like sublingual administration... I have some 2mg tabs, I can give it a try too... 0.5 for a start.

I just spent my whole night, from about midnight to 0330 doing the following;

Swallowing 1mg every 15 min
Sublingaly 1mg every 30 min
Snorting 1mg every 30 min

Needless to say I blacked out on the couch w/ a half eaten hot pocket on the table and a bite in my mouth. But prior to that I was on a 76 hour mania induced insomnia episode. I also took 200mg of seroquel to battle the insomnia.

I DO NOT recommend this to ANYONE who doesn't possess an in depth knowledge of benzos. I've been taking xanax, klonopin, valium and terazapam for about 2-3 years on and off. This however was my first 'recreational' use of klonopin. I must admit it was entertaining. I was making myself something that had to do w/ lunch meat, bread, tuna and spices; no clue what the goal was, and when I dropped down to get the lunch meat from the bottom shelf I tumbled and fell over, I had 0 sense of balance and not even seroquel could stop the euphoria 'high' I felt last night. But I'm prescribed these for a reason and won't be doing that again for the next 6 months or so. God bless a 2 mnth supply of 120 1mg pills x 2 + the xanax And serquel. Among other goodies.

But to be more direct in answering your question: Yes snorting klonopin works, it's even enjoyable, especially when u're also snorting Walgreen brand generic ritalin. The mintyness translates to nasal administration.

I'm starting a new thread in the basic drug discussion; as the topic doesn't fit here if anyone's interested in reading it.

Peace and love

Etherbunny

Mylan Clonazepam

I have definitely noticed something weird going on with Mylan clonazepam in the last year. Have taken it for a couple of years with no problem but in the last couple of months, I take before sleep and wake up in two hours with shakes and panic attack. Has never happened before. I had a few mgs of an older Mylan clonazepam prescription so tried it just for comparison. No problem. Worked fine so not something going on with me. I have switched back to the outrageously expensive Klonopin as no other options here and no problems either. Something going on with Mylan clonazepam.

IME, the Mylan clonazepam pales in comparison to the generic Teva clonazepam.

I think that 3mg Mylan = 1mg clonazepam.

And still, it's not even as good in subjective effects for me. Everything I preferred / enjoyed about clonazepam seems to be gone; it's like I know i'm on a benzo, but the soul of the clonazepam (easily my favorite benzo - in Teva form) has somehow vanished.

which ones are the Mylan oens, because i have noticed that a lot of them seem very week. I wont feel anything unless i take about 4. I dont think mine are mylan either - Also does anyone know if Klonopin is a lot stronger than clonzepam?

I just got my klonapin script filled last week and noticed the pills was different than what I would normally get and bigger so I took it and noticed it was infact weaker!! I thought maybe it was tolerence but than I looked it up and it was the mylan ones this time and normally I get the Teva brand. which I personally think are much better than the Mylan brand. Or sometimes I get the Actavis brand and they are good too. no difference between those two but this mylan one is noticably not as strong. I have to use double what I normally use to get the same effect. Im not going to say Mylan is bad for all generics bc their roxys are good!! But their klonapins suck! Boo mylan! U didnt do so well with this drug. Two thumbs down on this formula!

which ones are the Mylan oens, because i have noticed that a lot of them seem very week. I wont feel anything unless i take about 4. I dont think mine are mylan either - Also does anyone know if Klonopin is a lot stronger than clonzepam?

Yes, I think the potency of Mylan is considerably less.

I still think, now nine hours later to note the effects again, that 3 1mg Mylan clonazepam pills are basically equal in strength to a single 1mg Teva clonazapam pill (I haven't had the Roche brand-name yet). =D:p:X

Status
Not open for further replies.