Mental Health COMMUNITY TREATMENT ORDER ~ GOING OVERSEAS…

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you leave the country what happens? Will they track you down & bring you home!
People that are under a Court order to take psychiatric medication aren't criminals......so no.........they will not hunt you down and extradite you. What probably happened is you refused to orally take your meds so the Court granted permission to force you to take them. The order didn't come from the Criminal courts....it came from the Civil courts. So by leaving the Country you no longer reside in whatever State ordered the forced meds will have no control over you anymore. They do not care enough about you to hunt you down. As long as you aren't on parole/probation and haven't broken the law they won't come looking for you. BUT.....your family is another matter. If they aren't onboard with what you are doing they will make it VERY difficult for you to relocate.

You do however need to get your mental health squared away one way or another or you will find yourself in the same position wherever you go. If you have episodes and will be noticed in your new area the authorities will do the same thing there. If you are stable on meds.......take them willingly. Get a Dr. when you land. Abide by his recommendations. Stay under the radar. You should be fine.

Hey. I was on a community treatment order in ontario canada. I didnt get an injection yet and i didnt want to. So i went and bought a plane ticket to poland and i was planning to live there. The police came to the airport. Put handcuffs on me and took me to the hospital. They then said my going to the hospital has expired and then they drove me to my parents house. I wasted 2 grand on a plane ticket to poland.

I
People that are under a Court order to take psychiatric medication aren't criminals......so no.........they will not hunt you down and extradite you. What probably happened is you refused to orally take your meds so the Court granted permission to force you to take them. The order didn't come from the Criminal courts....it came from the Civil courts. So by leaving the Country you no longer reside in whatever State ordered the forced meds will have no control over you anymore. They do not care enough about you to hunt you down. As long as you aren't on parole/probation and haven't broken the law they won't come looking for you. BUT.....your family is another matter. If they aren't onboard with what you are doing they will make it VERY difficult for you to relocate.

You do however need to get your mental health squared away one way or another or you will find yourself in the same position wherever you go. If you have episodes and will be noticed in your new area the authorities will do the same thing there. If you are stable on meds.......take them willingly. Get a Dr. when you land. Abide by his recommendations. Stay under the radar. You should be fine.
I am from Australia ~ not sure if rules are the same here…

Wow, I really don't get how this is possible in the 1st world...in latinamerica there's no such thing as court ordered medication treatment. They can't send you to a psychiatric hospital but I've never met anyone who takes medication forced by the law, weird >.<. It's quite fkd up imo.

Wow, I really don't get how this is possible in the 1st world...in latinamerica there's no such thing as court ordered medication treatment. They can't send you to a psychiatric hospital but I've never met anyone who takes medication forced by the law, weird >.<. It's quite fkd up imo.
Neither here.Nor exist mandatory treatment.No beds free in madhouses too,so not violent people just sit in psychiatry for a while and goin' home.....often even violent ones

Hey. I was on a community treatment order in ontario canada. I didnt get an injection yet and i didnt want to. So i went and bought a plane ticket to poland and i was planning to live there. The police came to the airport. Put handcuffs on me and took me to the hospital. They then said my going to the hospital has expired and then they drove me to my parents house. I wasted 2 grand on a plane ticket to poland.
That's because your MOM and DAD ratted you out. That's how they knew where to find you. The cops only came because your parents sent them.

Had your parents been okay with what you were doing you would be in Poland as we speak.

If you leave the country what happens? Will they track you down & bring you home!
I'm not sure what shows up about your current legal status when you have your passport scanned, but apparently Australian passports say a lot. I wouldn't want to spend money on a plane ticket just to be taken into that little room at the airport and denied your flight.

Why are you on this community order though? Your plan to leave the country sounds kind of unrealistic in terms of long-term living.

So I've had a bit of a read up on it, and from what I can gather, the short answer to your question is no, they will not track you down and bring you home. However regardless of whether you have a current CTO or not, leaving the country without a return ticket will make the authorities question your agenda. So you'd have to be prepared for that.

So I've had a bit of a read up on it, and from what I can gather, the short answer to your question is no, they will not track you down and bring you home. However regardless of whether you have a current CTO or not, leaving the country without a return ticket will make the authorities question your agenda. So you'd have to be prepared for that.
@emotionalnumb, I agree with @n3ophy7e and @Kaden_Nite and will take it a few steps further. How much money do you have saved up? Where are you going to go once you get there? Wherever you go, can you live on the money you've saved until you find a job? Are you even able to work in your current mental state? Where would you work without a permanent address since most jobs ask for one? Have you considered that you could very well end up homeless, living on the streets somewhere?

A huge percentage of people living with mental illness here in the US end up homeless for various reasons. I've been homeless while off meds, manic, and teetering in and out of psychosis. It's not fun or glamorous at all. I don't know if you are male or female but are you physically able to defend yourself ie., fight? If you end up homeless, other people out there will smell fresh meat and try to take advantage of you. When I was homeless I was forced to defend myself once and had to defend my friend on a separate occasion. He was attacked by another guy who hit him on the head with a 2x4 (long wooden board). While I didn't fight the assailant per se, I was able to wrestle the 2x4 away from him long enough for my friend to push him out the front door of the abandoned house we were in so we could lock the guy out. My friend's head was gushing blood so I wrapped a t-shirt on it and we walked down the street and waved down a car and asked them to call the cops, who were useless.

I'm not trying to scare you. Just want to make you aware of the reality of venturing out on you own with no support network.

I

I am from Australia ~ not sure if rules are the same here…

I'm from Sydney Australia and I wish I knew the answer to this for you, but I dont, sorry. I'll see if I can find out.
About 12 years ago in Sydney I became psychotic after a 6 month IV coke binge. I had literally not a cent left, no job, and about $400, 000 in debts. My girlfriend was 8 months pregnant. After getting robbed at knifepoint of my clothes (!) a kind stranger gave me a tracksuit, some thongs, and a t-shirt. Fortunately I had held on to my passport and I went straight to the airport and used my frequent flier points to buy a one-way ticket to Singapore (fuck knows why Singapore except I used to live there and had some friends who might look after me).

My girlfriend turned up at the airport with the Federal Police. She had called my father, who had called in a favour from the Minister. Long story short there was nothing they could do to prevent me leaving as I had committed no crime over which they had jurisdiction. However, they did slowly talk me down and managed to get me out of the airport and into the hands of the NSW police who could do something and had me sectioned in a Mental Hospital (the devious fucks). Thereafter I had me passport taken and a judicial order made that I may not leave the state until a further order was made. The Federal Police were then able to enforce that order.

After 6 weeks I had recovered and had a lawyer obtain an order releasing my from all orders. However, I did not leave the state for several years after that as I was simultaneously made bankrupt and had to surrender my passport again.

About 12 years ago in Sydney I became psychotic after a 6 month IV coke binge. I had literally not a cent left, no job, and about $400, 000 in debts. My girlfriend was 8 months pregnant. After getting robbed at knifepoint of my clothes (!) a kind stranger gave me a tracksuit, some thongs, and a t-shirt. Fortunately I had held on to my passport and I went straight to the airport and used my frequent flier points to buy a one-way ticket to Singapore (fuck knows why Singapore except I used to live there and had some friends who might look after me).

My girlfriend turned up at the airport with the Federal Police. She had called my father, who had called in a favour from the Minister. Long story short there was nothing they could do to prevent me leaving as I had committed no crime over which they had jurisdiction. However, they did slowly talk me down and managed to get me out of the airport and into the hands of the NSW police who could do something and had me sectioned in a Mental Hospital (the devious fucks). Thereafter I had me passport taken and a judicial order made that I may not leave the state until a further order was made. The Federal Police were then able to enforce that order.

After 6 weeks I had recovered and had a lawyer obtain an order releasing my from all orders. However, I did not leave the state for several years after that as I was simultaneously made bankrupt and had to surrender my passport again.
Holy fuck man that is quite a story 😲 So sorry to hear that happened to you, how awful!

Holy fuck man that is quite a story 😲 So sorry to hear that happened to you, how awful!
Thank you. That was probably my absolute all time rock bottom. It was extremely traumatic but ultimately also very character building - it took several years of work but I ultimately came out the other side a far far better man and much more psychologically well adjusted.

Thank you. That was probably my absolute all time rock bottom. It was extremely traumatic but ultimately also very character building - it took several years of work but I ultimately came out the other side a far far better man and much more psychologically well adjusted.
Funny how our roughest, most traumatic times can sometimes have that effect on us. Some of my lowest points definitely have too!

THXXX for looking into it! So I spoke with the treating team & you are right. They won’t track me down, the community order would just lapse. But if I was hospitalised in future ~ the file would say I was non compliant with meds which would make it easier for them to slap another CTO on…Assuming this would not happen if I kept an eye on symptoms. But if I go oseas & withdraw from the drugs might risk relapse while away (trying to be sensible here). @ some point I wish to come off the meds anyway. Not sure what to do. The have reduced the dose of Invega down to 50ML then it would be orals so it’s 2 more mths of hell. The other alternative would be an injection of Abilify Maintaina 400/300 ML which worries me bcause a new med means knew SideFX & unknown territory. Maybe it’s better the devil u know as hard as it is. What are your thoughts on all this?

I'm not sure what shows up about your current legal status when you have your passport scanned, but apparently Australian passports say a lot. I wouldn't want to spend money on a plane ticket just to be taken into that little room at the airport and denied your flight.

Why are you on this community order though? Your plan to leave the country sounds kind of unrealistic in terms of long

You are allowed to leave the country ( I asked the treating team yesterday)! It must’ve been for other reasons. If you had of got on that plane there’s nothing they could do? If you aren’t @ risk to yourself or others the CTO would just lapse while oseas. But then this means they would see you as ‘non compliant’ & could slap another CTO on you if hospitalised in future. Sorry this happened to you. I hate the AFP after my experiences ~ whenever I see a police car freak out now...

Status
Not open for further replies.