• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

[COMMUNITY] Proposed rule change in MED - thoughts?

Do you support this rule change?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Yes with modification

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MagickalKat777

Bluelight Crew
Because of the fact that things are getting out of hand with slang, I need to remind people of one of this forum's guidelines.

5 - No slang
If you are talking about a drug, please use a name all of us can understand. Ecstasy or MDMA. No "yayo", "billie", "china", "roc" or other things which are not immediately obvious terms for a drug. Think "If I said this word to my parents, would they understand?" If no, then don't use it here.

Therefore, I am proposing a rule change. Under this proposed change, we would begin enforcing this and also adding a requirement that there is a specification of tested or untested. If you use the term "Molly" currently, please stop. The reason for this is because "Molly" can be many things these days. When posting, you should either use the term "tested" or "untested" followed by the type be it a pill, powder, capsule, or crystal. Every post regarding a comedown, side effects, or anything else other than in a general social context, needs to specify whether or not you tested your product. If you have not tested your product, never assume that it is MDMA.

Molly used to refer to nothing else but MDMA (and occasionally MDA) crystal/powder, generally high quality product that was minimally cut with inactive agents. These days, the term Molly has become ubiquitous with users as being the same as MDMA and the fact is that when you ask for Molly, you have a very high chance of getting something other than MDMA.

It goes without saying but I'm going to repeat it here, under no circumstances should you be taking any pill, crystal, or powder, without running a marquis reagent test on it at a minimum and that taking product that you haven't personally tested is taking your life into your own hands. It used to be that you would get a bad batch of "Molly" running the rounds that was cut with caffeine or a bit of meth. Now you have a whole cocktail of potentially dangerous chemicals as well as direct analogs of MDA and MDMA to contend with.

At the end of the day, this is a harm reduction forum. We have new users all the time coming in and posting questions and when they see something like "Molly is the bomb" they go and ask someone to get them some "Molly" and then they end up with a bag of nastiness. We can avoid all of that if we start calling the drug what it is. The drug is called MDMA, not Molly, not ecstasy.

Under the proposed rule change, when there is a reference to Molly or any other slang that is used to refer to MDMA, the post would be edited and changed to say untested. It just makes sense to eliminate the confusion. In addition, any posts that don't specifically say that they tested the product would also be edited to say untested and a post would be left regarding the change.

There would be an exception to the rule and that is that in general conversation in a social context, you wouldn't need to specify that you tested or did not test the product but the use of slang as a descriptor would continue to be disallowed.

Please leave your comments and take the poll regarding this change. Thanks everyone and happy new year!

Last edited:
Good post! Just in time actually, as I picked up some untested ecstasy bangin disco biscuits for NYE which apparently contain a high amount of molly moonrock and a bit of yayo! It's gonna' have me fucked up for days.......

Last edited:
^ facepalm...

Well now there's an example of what a post is going to look like after I've gone in and moderated it...

I really don't see how the term ecstasy is different from using the term molly, both are technically slang.

"Molly used to refer to nothing else but MDMA (and occasionally MDA) crystal/powder, generally high quality product that was minimally cut with inactive agents. These days, the term Molly has become ubiquitous with users as being the same as MDMA and the fact is that when you ask for Molly, you have a very high chance of getting something other than MDMA."

You can say basically the same exact thing about "ecstasy".

I can see if you wanted to just clarify with "untested" but really I see no difference at all rather you use the term molly or ecstasy.

Molly is slang and these days is pretty much universally methylone. I want to cut down on the usage of the term. I don't like the term ecstasy much either but I don't want to over-complicate things by telling people to say they have untested powder that is supposed to be ______ which is really the only other way to do it.

Since ecstasy has been the acceptable term for so many years here, that is the one that I chose to use.

I'm open to suggestions if you have any. I think we need a universal format for making posts about these things and I think that this format is a step in the right direction.

The original term used by the psychotherapy community was empathy but that got turned into ecstasy by the media in the 80's. Thank you Magickalkat777 for doing this. To many youngsters these days think whatever god awful random drug combo is MDMA or even that methylone is MDMA. In my part of the world there are so many that believe their dealers word even if someone else tells them the pills look like they were pressed with a pipe stem and a pen. Almost 0 test MDMA or pills or even know what test kits are. There are exceptions (BL members) but in RL most I've met are just naive, idiots or both.

Yeah, this is why ED was renamed from Ecstasy Discussion. Keep up the good work brody.

Personally I agree that there is little difference between "ecstasy" and "molly". If you go around buying pills here you're practically guaranteed to get piperazines/meth. With "molly" it's more of a crapshoot. Sometimes it's good quality "sass", sometimes it's methylone and other times it's God only knows what. Test, test... TEST!!!!

Well at the very least we might be able to send people to their dealers to ask for "MDMA" instead of "Molly"

It also serves a dual purpose of emphasizing testing as well.

Its just a creative solution, we'll see how it works. As long as everyone specifies whether it was tested or not, it won't be a big deal. I didn't want to implement a change that was going to be a serious inconvenience so I know this is a compromise of sorts but its a step in the right direction I think.

Sorry, I keep on getting the busy server message so I'm only sporadically able to be on here at the moment.

Like I said, if any of you have any ideas on how we can refine this idea, by all means post about it. This is a community. Input is encouraged! :)

(Case in point on the server... I lost count how many times I just tried to post this)

This is a pretty kewl move that is gonna dilute a lot of the funny stuff in the water :)

Mkat sticky this and put some glitter on it, surely, lots of colours BIG IN SIZE WITH LOTS OF FONT CHANGES!

ROFL!!!

I'll sticky it after a week or so as we see how it goes.

I decided that I'm not going to promote the term ecstasy either. Instead, we should encourage either tested or untested MDMA pills, MDMA powder or MDMA crystal.

So an example post would be like

"Hi, I hope someone can help me. I took an untested MDMA pill this weekend and now I am afraid that I fried my brain and the walls are trying to eat me and omg save me!!!"

or

"I got so fucked off of this great (tested) MDMA crystal this weekend that my eyes were in the back of my head and I had the grin of the Chesire cat plastered on my face!"

How's that sound to everyone? Minus my sarcastic flair of course ;)

Of course this means a bit more work on any new posts for us mods but I don't mind taking the burden of doing it. I've got my strike and color tags ready to go =D

If this ends up being implemented universally, this post will be removed and a new one will go up as a sticky that will be completely concise. I want to get feedback from anyone who wishes and I'm also going to ask the other moderators about their opinion on this idea. I added a poll to the top as well.

Last edited:
I think untested presses or untested pills / untested powder or untested crystals would work better to be honest. Untested MDMA sounds like you're sure that it's MDMA you just don't know how much or you have not taken it yet.
But don't let my opinion get in your way, you're seeming quite passionate about this change.

I think untested presses or untested pills / untested powder or untested crystals would work better to be honest. Untested MDMA sounds like you're sure that it's MDMA you just don't know how much or you have not taken it yet.
But don't let my opinion get in your way, you're seeming quite passionate about this change.

Actually I agree with you.

And like I said, this is an open discussion so all suggestions are welcome. I'm not trying to step on any toes or anything, it just seems like something that would be a logical change and a beneficial one.

I hadn't thought about doing it that way and that does indeed make more sense.

Bronson had the idea that we could actually have prefixes for tested or untested as well and I think that would be the easiest route all the way around, what do you think about that?

Yeah I saw the mention of prefixes. I agree it's a wonderful idea. It would bring a lot of organization to MED.

As long as we're proposing rule changes, you guys should take a look at the Cuddle Puddle rules. They've been pretty much ignored anyways, they could really use some updating.

Specifically, the no drug questions and the no event names. Since there is now no Event Discussion, people will still want to be able to be able to discuss upcoming shows without worry of an infraction. AFAIK the event rule was really mainly to keep Promoters from spamming mED, I don't think that will be a problem in the future and if LEO is going to go through the hassle of tracking you down in a sea of 5,000 people.... well, you're fucked anyways.

As far as the drug questions go, that makes no sense as to why they aren't allowed. An entire thread is hardly necessary for every question, sometimes all you need is a simple yes or no.

Go ask ten different people off the street of all ages if they know what ecstasy is then proceed to ask what molly is. I rest my case. (Incase you are unaware 9/10 people will know what you mean by ecstasy, 4/10 at best will know what molly is).

Clueless people will see the MDMA & Empathogenic Drugs forum and go where the hell is the ecstasy forum and pass by it... the forum should be renamed to MDMA/Ecstasy & Emphathogenic Drugs.

Ecstasy is most always and orginally refered to true MDMA/MDA tablets/crystals. Molly was, but it is not as known as Ecstasy=MDMA and can mean anything.

When people tell me they took ecstasy or molly I assume they have no idea what chemical they took lol.