View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Esoteric Communicating with plant spirits

telepathetic

Bluelighter
Anyone ever communicate with plant spirits? Not just telepathically after consuming them, but say in your environment? For example one time i was making a dmt extract, i had taken a sheet of paper and drawn a heart on it, with a sigil (and a bit of blood) drawn in the middle. I dipped it in the boiling mimosa and vinegar and shit, and it all dissolved, on the other side of the sheet of paper the mimosa had left a layer of bark making a perfect heart. I wrote it off as coincidence, a few days later in the process, I spilled some solvent and it evaporated, leaving a perfect crystalline dmt heart, I shit you not, I took a picture of it even.

The most communicative and magickal of the bunch is mescaline cactus in my opinion, which seems to be more of a singular entity than the ones I encounter on mushrooms.

This is tough topic in that a lot of what goes on I believe are metaphors for bigger things. I have lived my life with no real beliefs in either materialism or spirituality as even those two views can be metaphors for each other to create more confusion. But read as much knowledge as I can and of course have my own ideas and totally lean towards everything is spirit. That consiousness creates the physical and not the physical creates consciousness. Like Terrence McKenna said it is easier to believe a drunken diety pissed us out as opposed to that we came from nothing.

@schizoinfective I like your Odometer 111111 at 11:11 was a cool synchronicity with cactus. I think you posted that somewhere and I do think sychronicity is a metaphor for some bigger piece of the puzzle. But my small mind cannot comprehend. It filters too much.

Plant spirits if I had to choose the experience that most involves this it would be Salvia. I feel like I contact a bunch of beings wanting to show me something. I took a year off of a Salvia session and when I rerturned she seemed to be waiting for me and delighted to see me and gave me a real treat. Mushrooms feel teacherly and I for sure think I could discern brain effects from spirit (sort of not serious as this stuff is too hard to pin point). I have felt like a student. Yet when I take something like LSD and feel like I am being taught is seems from my Higher Self instead of a plant spirit. So even synthetics can be teacherly.

Cactus itself is amazing in that aspect. More than just teacherly the cactus took 3 separate events of my past and combined the lessons and taught me something even deeper. I have to wonder how that happens. It is either my Higher Self or a "separate entity"?

I love the topic but get squeamish talking about plant spirits. Even though I feel something is there. Same as maybe a topic of Jesus. While I believe in things like the Golden Rule I would not bring up Jesus to someone who would completely close their ears to it. So I revert back to talking about Nature. And Nature is a good place to start talking about plant spirits.

Last edited:
I have a friend who did her anthropology PhD on the relationship between indigenous people and plant spirits. It led her to be a campaigner for plant rights and for improving our relationship with them.

when i threw on mushrooms over myself for my first shroom trip it left a stained imprint over my white hoodie of a perfect looking mushroom looked sick as tbh till i had to clean to it.

I never felt alone while tripping in the desert next to majestic Saguaro Cactus 🌵🌵. The desert is a VERY spiritual place.
I guess you do not even need a substance for a reality glitch or synchronicity. Just moments before I read this post I read an article on Saguaro's and how they are flowering more due to more heat. Then I read the wiki page on them. Then I came here to read on plant spririts a few seconds later as I sit here and have coffee. Too cool. A minor synchronicity.

I remember reading that synchronicities that include dolphins are called dolphinicities. I wonder if there is a name for a plant.

@TripSitterNZ when it comes to veganism the health benefits are documented at least on a physical level. But I agree plants have consciousness. They know where the sun is without eyes. Not eating meat on a moral level doesn't work for me because I include plants. So my best practice is to not eat a lot of meat and when I do thank the animal like the American Indians did. That is as moral as I can get with eating and I think the native people's (North America) got it right. Although this is somehwat on topic it really belongs in another thread. But since we are talking about plant spirits it may be relevent.

I remember reading that synchronicities that include dolphins are called dolphinicities.
Sounds like something a dude who snorted PCP and tried to telepathically communicate with dolphins would say, lol. (Is that where it's actually from? That Lilly guy?)

Psychedelics really changed the way I think about plants.
Big trees are particularly special to me, it's amazing to be around them even while sober, but tripping and observing a tree is a very profound experience.
It makes me feel as if I was communicating with my distant ancestors in some way, the relationship between us sophisticated primates and trees is a very ancient one, we wouldn't be there without them.
It think those kinds of experiences say more about ourselves than about them.

To address the main question of the thread, I don't know how a plant spirit would feel if we could communicate directly, knowing that I killed it just to consume a particular molecule it took the time to produce (molecules which are often used to deter predators).
Obviously they're very different beings from us, but if we try to humanize them I guess it would be somewhat similar to killing a person just to consume his fingers (or any random body part) and throwing away the rest (not always but often).

We do have a very strange and almost unique relationship with some plants though, we have domesticated many of them incluiding cannabis, opium, tobacco, coca, etc... Or have they domesticated us?

I used to on shrooms in the early days - but it means laid down eyes closed - id rather be walking in nature.

Sounds like something a dude who snorted PCP and tried to telepathically communicate with dolphins would say, lol. (Is that where it's actually from? That Lilly guy?)
Can't quite remember now, maybe the Divine Dolphin Web Site from 20 years ago. Not sure Lilly used the word Dolphinicity at all, at least flipping through The Scientist. The Scientist has the CCC Coincidence Control Center.

I think the dolphins on pcp was just some random old guy vice interviewed. Hilarious. Id love to meet that guy

Psychedelics really changed the way I think about plants.
Big trees are particularly special to me, it's amazing to be around them even while sober, but tripping and observing a tree is a very profound experience.
It makes me feel as if I was communicating with my distant ancestors in some way, the relationship between us sophisticated primates and trees is a very ancient one, we wouldn't be there without them.
It think those kinds of experiences say more about ourselves than about them.

To address the main question of the thread, I don't know how a plant spirit would feel if we could communicate directly, knowing that I killed it just to consume a particular molecule it took the time to produce (molecules which are often used to deter predators).
Obviously they're very different beings from us, but if we try to humanize them I guess it would be somewhat similar to killing a person just to consume his fingers (or any random body part) and throwing away the rest (not always but often).

We do have a very strange and almost unique relationship with some plants though, we have domesticated many of them incluiding cannabis, opium, tobacco, coca, etc... Or have they domesticated us?
I dont know, you dont always have to kill it, cactus can be harvested sustainably. Mushrooms too, your not killing the mycelium.

Personally, ive heard indigenous people make claims that processing/extracting would anger the spirit, but as long as there is no profit motive they always seemed cool with it.

Now, one thing I have seen "anger" them is abuse of it like a traditional drug, even had gentle old mescalito get rather harsh on me once or twice.

As for plants domesticating us, yes, i do believe so. While the alkaloids may grow as a defense mechanism from predators, nothing is to say they don't provide a dual action of enticing humans to grow them and ensure their survival. Psychedelic plants seem less selfish in that regard, they want to teach us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never felt alone while tripping in the desert next to majestic Saguaro Cactus 🌵🌵. The desert is a VERY spiritual place.
Yeah if only it weren't so fucking hot.

Has anyone else who tried synthetic mescaline notice the "teacher" missing?

Also, how the hell did they discover ayahuasca with the maoi in multiple disconnected regions with different sets of plants? :/ little suspicious

I think the dolphins on pcp was just some random old guy vice interviewed. Hilarious. Id love to meet that guy
Timothy Wylie who also said he was wading in the ocean on PCP and understood that Cetaceans communicate with each other by reading the patterns imprinted on star fish or sand dollars I believe. You never know some of these people may be on to something! It would be a good while before we know.

Edit: I have to say the most fascinating communication I read about plant spirits was DM Turner when he said he smoked (either Salvia or DMT) next to some Giant Redwoods and understood their age and what the were communicating.

All of this stuff are just ideas to me. Very important ideas but nothing we can write in stone (or starfish :D) as we are now. Yet.

Last edited:
Theres a logical fallacy in "the plants showed me how" claim - if ayahuasca is showing you how to make it, how come if you have already taken it?. Or is it some other plant? Did they get the word from a potato? You feel me?

Going on some of the boring cunts ive met in my life - there were probably no end of dismal bastards who would wake up and think "lets mix a few more plants today" - you do that every day for 3000 years you find ayahuasca. Its not like theyve anything better to do.