• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
would roughly 42 days off zuclopenthixol be enough to feel a roll. the half life is 21 days and 48 days is 2 months. I know the rule is 5 half lifes but i'm clinging on to hope. I cant go out sober :(

Zack : I'm happy 4 u really!! Just a question, u have normal erections now? Without masturbation only normal erections in the morning or during the day..?

Empty: la penso come te sul fatto che il paliperidone sia uscito dal corpo, solo che i recettori ormai sono bloccati, con il mio medico per un breve periodo voglio provare la cabergolina, spero l'effetto non sia solo dosedipendente, spero possa aiutare a riprestinare i recettori dopaminergici e renderli funzionanti di nuovo

@cj: it is good you are trying to understand what we are going through. I appreciate it.

I think what makes it mostly different is that the injection dosage is 234 and 156 mg for the two first loading doses. Which was personnally 40 days worth of pills in two injections. The other thing is that the drug is stored directly in the muscles or fat tissue. The pills take 1 month to quit the body in general. Here it takes a year in average and we have some negative exceptions who took 2+ years.
The withdrawal from the injection is for many an absolute agony until the end (or almost).
Depression, anxiety, irritability, impaired cognitive functions, impaired memory just to name a few.
This crap is given in a much higher dose than needed imo.

Best regards.

The dosage aspect makes sense. I've honestly never considered that an anti-phychotic would have withdrawal symptoms. Do people experience a rebound of the initial phychosis that presumably led to needing the medicine in the first place? Or is the withdrawal just a continuation of the drugs side effects? Have you considered a taper with risperidone or another atypical anti-phychotic? That may be a shot in the dark but if it's withdrawal it stands to reason that would be of benefit. Slowly let your receptors up-regulate.

How is this stuff prescribed? I reason the responsible way would be to try a patient on the pills first to check for tolerabilty and efficiency before you give a long lasting injection but uh having been in a phych ward I know responsible prescribing is not guaranteed. I just hope it's not being used as a first line therapy.

Depot injections scare me.

@cj: on your post about not advertising here. haha, funny and so true. understood and thank you. we try to share info on personal experiences in this thread per the BLUA's and the MH forum guidelines in the hopes of trying to find something that will alleviate our situation or make this suffering come to an end in the matter of a few weeks or quicker. we refer to it as "the antidote".

as you have noted this thread has taken on a particular gravity and life of it's own in comparison to threads in other forums.

forgive me first off, i'm a lil red in the face for not noticing your previous post asking this question earlier. my apologies.

those are not ignorant questions but are basic and good ones. thank you for your interest and curiosity in trying to better understand what those here go through and again, congratulations on becoming the new mod of MH.

risperdal/ripseridone came out on the market before invega/xeplion did. the main active ingredient in risperdal is paliperidone. paliperidone palmitate is the sciency word for invega sustenna/xeplion. it is in essence the more pure form of risperdal and why it affects less people in a negative way than invega no one knows, i believe it has to do with the added binders, fillers and what not. also invega is more pure, the closer something is to being %100 pure the stronger the effect it has on you.

the invega pills are much better than the invega injections but the pills still pack a punch more than most psych meds in pill form do. similar to haldol pills from the days of old.

in addition to what zack365 has stated the half life of invega sustenna (as know in the USA) or xeplion (as it's known in europe, australia and other countries) is that it is longer than typical psychiatric medications are. 25-49 days as opposed to a couple days or even 12 days. zoloft (sertraline) for instance has a half life of 26 hours, seroquel (quetiapine) 6 hours and zyprexa (olanzapine) 21-54 hours. as i'm sure you know this is how long the body takes to break down the substance and excrete it, it is also relevant to the therapeutic level of said medication.

the half life of the invega pills is only 23 hours in comparison to the long lasting delayed release of the injection. the injection is designed to be planted in the muscle/fat of the body in order to aid the slow release of the med to a stabilized therapeutic level where it is slowly broken down and released into the blood stream which then carries it to the brain where it can do it's magic.

every substance one puts in their body has side effects, withdrawal symptoms and even the possibility of long term consequences, it just depends on how you see it and to what degree. a lil bit of sugar gets your blood up just a tiny bit and a few hours later it's obviously not in your system anymore but the happy effect from it coming and going was barely noticeable. in comparison to say 2 cups of sugar in under 20 minutes getting you pretty hyperactive and a major sugar crash (comedown) within a few hours after that. side effects of sugar rushes are hyperactivity, etc. and the long term consequences of downing 2 cups of sugar every few hours every day is diabetes 2 (diabetes 1 being the one you are born with).

some AP's and even psych meds in general can be addictive or habit forming. much like some A.D.D./A.D.H.D. meds are popularly known to be.

we have a saying in this thread (i know it can be applied to much in this world) but in this thread it is a truth that is more so than just a saying. a person really doesn't understand what it's like unless they have taken invega/xeplion. we have another saying as well, we are all different. this latter is relevant to your question on does one experience a rebound of psychosis. yes and no. not everyone here (presently and in the past) has had a mental illness but one of the most common reasons why people are prescribed this med is due to having a psychotic episode (mostly from drug usage), this does happen but to a much lesser extent when one is fully healed or recovered from this med. the psychosis or mental illness and the symptoms that come with it do return typically when fully healed and they are more welcomed by most as opposed to living while suffering from a negative experience from invega/xeplion.

the side effects are the negative aspects that appear in each person shortly upon first taking invega/xeplion, the withdrawal symptoms come after one has stopped receiving the injections; they tend to have the longer lasting hold on those unfortunate enough to suffer from invega/xeplion. some side effects and withdrawal symptoms are similar, a very few, the rest are a big difference. not being able to communicate properly or at all is a side effect and gradually gets better after stopping the medication. the anhedonia is part of the withdrawal symptoms and makes up the bulk of the healing process. it lasts for 8 months on average. it is described as an inability to feel pleasure. the paliperidone palmitate (invega/xeplion injection) targets 4 crucial receptors and it is believed that of these 4 the 5HT2A receptor once overloaded is the cause of the anhedonia and loss of hope.

it is best to taper off of the injections due to invega/xeplion (the poison as we refer to it as here) being so experimental (only been out about 10 years) and very potent. though quitting cold turkey doesn't carry too many risks with it. the disabaling of the receptor is due to the potency and not doseage or tapering. you are correct, the best way to be introduced imo to any psych med is the pill first and if that takes then trying the injection out. the pills were prescribed before the injection at first. as time moved forward and more cases of people having psychotic episodes or experiences related to their diagnosis that required more immediate attention i.e. hospital, then the injection was utilized before the pills. it has almost become a standard practice today.

Last edited:
Rosy : how are you Rosi?
I hope that the pacitan could help me. But it would be like a wonder. My receptors are not working and I rally dont know if they can heal, if they didnot 2 years. Some are working, it is not like a year ago, but many, the really vivid - are not working. I am liing here the most time because I am tired and have no motivation. I cannot beliefe until today why they did this to me and my little son.

@Empty1128:
Empty1128 said:
@Neuroleptique33 speak using Google translate so we can answer you please?
ftfy (fixed that for you)

and your welcome. i'll check in with you all from time to time. about once every week or two. especially to hear of some full recovery posts. pins and needles.

that bit about liposuction... HAHAHA! XD XD too funny.

@Yeshuah: negative, my f**ked up sleep lasted for years, some who healed quicker than me had sleep problems for longer than you did; good sign for you in healing i would say. yes, the knowledge is still there, it's just greyed out. i never could come up with a way of explaining it that would be relatable. it's like one of those time lapse in movies where water flowing over scorched earth and the plants and trees start to regrow, the land becomes lush again before your very eyes. but it's the landscape of the mind (body, soul and heart too), that's what happens when that receptor fires back up again. windows are proof of this, a week to a month after being fully healed and you couldn't really tell anything was different to begin with.

you got some good people here, good support, lots of good info; hang around for awhile.

@Johnnypupuke: why are you asking about liposuction, are you calling me fat?!?!

@zack365: your welcome. glad you got a second window. enjoy it and feel free to post some details about it if you want, your not rubbing it in, it would be bringing hope and good practice for when your fully healed. (nice avatar)

@Specified: dunno shades, haven't taken it before. let us know.

@Rosi71: i miss nybryx, i tried contacting him but no answer, i will try harder next time. also zack365 is right rosi, we need to stay on topic here and keep the right information flowing. when Sharvansara is ready and collected himself he might come back. hopefully he will be more mindful of what you all are going through. please try to gauge your healing on the different levels not only over all in general but also to degrees of each effect/symptom. you say some things are better but not all things and you are a lil better than a year ago in some ways, that is very good thing. i'm still working out the details of what's your situation. i will get back to you when i figure something out, until then keep making progress.

@germanbackyard: weight gain while on zxyprexa is common, i even had a lil bit extra, 15 lbs (6.8 kg). i agree with you on the receptor and how it is functioning now as well as the levels of dopamine.

@awesom31311: not the pacitane. cabgolin with mixed results between the people, not sure about the sinemet and wellbutrin a couple people said it helped, some others said it did not.

@Healed: it's true, the brain recycles the receptors. it also recycles itself once every ten years but this is a slow process cause it does it cell by cell and is a very complicated and sensitive piece of equipment... err i mean organ. you have the question that has been on my mind for years. still looking for the answer. good question.

@Neorleptique33: i think you will be just fine. i don't think you took enough to have anything to worry about when it comes to withdrawals. you seem to be within the average healing range so far. keep coming back here, keep trying to heal everyday and don't forget the most important thing. you are going to heal because you can. you wont let the poison win. hang in there.

@SkavrsXeplion: I am an exception in term of sexual drive. I could masturbate and easily get an erection at day 30 off the poison.

To the room

My second window started 12 hours ago. I hope it will last as long as possible. Of course, my strength has not come back, but I have a peaceful mind. No overthinking, depressive thoughts or anxiety. :) hang in there everyone!

@Neuroleptique33: une fenetre c est lorsque pendant 24 a 48 heures tu as peu de symptomes de sevrage, tu te sens presque dans ton etat normal. Ca fait du bien! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.