Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@inv33 Paliperidone has antagonist effect at α1 and α2 adrenergic receptors and at H1 histamine receptors.[16] It does not bind to muscarinic acetylcholine receptors. In addition, it blocks dopamine and serotonin receptors. (Got from wiki)

Don?t be too alarmed unless your dying to do drugs you?ll be fine. In time everything will go back to normal, I?m already there. Got my emotions back, energy, memory, etc. Yes irreversible is scary, those receptors are permanently dead. But your brain will make new ones and if it comes down to it use other parts of the brain to compensate. Your receptors will stop taking damage when your off it, and when the meds are out of your system. But you start feeling better after you get off the meds because receptors are being unblocked and new ones are being made.
And yes this shouldn?t be legal, permanently damaging the brain even short term should be illegal. But doctors don?t know enough about the brain to actually solve the problem, so they just do whatever they think will fix the problem no matter what the damage it may cause. And then say it?s medicine, but medicine helps people, this does the exact opposite. For extreme schizophrenia and bipolar the lowest dose of Invega available I might deem medicine. Like for a shot I would say no more than 18mg. But long term these drugs do not help, people who aren?t on antipsychotics actually have a much higher success rate in the future.
Lastly I feel your pain, no one deserves to be on this, I wouldn?t wish this drug on anyone, it?s torture and insanity at its finest.

And for some reason it?s adding question marks and tm?s to my messages. Weird

Also thank you copperdome im glad to hear some good news, and glad you?re doing better. And I agree time is the only thing that will heal us. Patience is key.

This might be too much but does anyone have a problem using the bathroom? Like their stool isn?t solid no matter how healthy you eat

I would wish so much, that new receptors could really grow.

From all the research Ive done theres no dought that we can grow new neurotransmitters, all the stuff that was blocked. But not all of them are irreversible. The question is how many and how much time, but it does take place. I also visited a psychologist and he said the brain is the most resilient part of the body, also for repairing as well. As long as you dont have chunks literally missing, it cant grow something thats not there only repair the existing structure. Also the brain adapts with neuroplasticity. Using other parts of the brain to complete a connection so everything functions normally.

This might be too much but does anyone have a problem using the bathroom? Like their stool isn?t solid no matter how healthy you eat

I had no issues with stool not being solid but I did have very bad gas. I was just a little constipated.
And if your coming off the med it could just be a side effect. If your stool isnt solid I would try mixing in a small portion of real butter into some hot coffee. Make sure its real butter, preferably Kerry gold butter, and get unsalted cuz salty coffee is gross. Its available at Walmart. This should solidify your stool it does for me if I have the runs, but dont over do it or you could become constipated. Might sound unhealthy but Kerry gold is natural from grass fed cows, and butter is actually considered a super food its very good for you in doses. Also makes coffee delicious, like a latte taste.

Hiya jm Moore how many shots did you get and how long to recover for you can you enjoy alcohol and a smoke again thanx hope we all heal

Hiya jm Moore how many shots did you get and how long to recover for you can you enjoy alcohol and a smoke again thanx hope we all heal

I was on pills for a year and had a little over 24 shots of 117mg. Im recovered in the fact that I have my energy back, memory, all that. That took about 8 months. Im at 11 months off now and being able to smoke weed and drink is also my main question. Most people I hear say theyve recovered but you only know for sure if you can do drugs without negative side effects. So far thats the only question Ive never been able to answer cuz Im not there yet. But if I have to take a guess I bet its when I hit my year and a half to 2 year mark. When I know I will let you guys know.
If your referring to cigarettes only like 3 months off Invega doesnt interfere with nicotonic acytlcholine.

Last edited:
No I'm at 14 months off the poison and 6 shots still no effect from weed or alchol emotions not right yet but better than they were at 6 months hope we all well by 18 months fingers crossed

No I'm at 14 months off the poison and 6 shots still no effect from weed or alchol emotions not right yet but better than they were at 6 months hope we all well by 18 months fingers crossed

Yeah its difficult to asses because everyone is different. Your immune system, metabolic rate, current weight, and dosage and time on the meds all come to play. As well as how you reacted to the medication. Im just hoping one day I will be able to smoke is my only concern, like this better not be permanent. I highly dought thats the case, but the amount of time it takes for us to return to normal is discouraging.

@copperdome @Jmoore52 did your sexual function return back to normal? I still can get an erection just orgasms not as good or watery discharge not as much comes out. Did these things go back to normal?

@copperdome @Jmoore52 did your sexual function return back to normal? I still can get an erection just orgasms not as good or watery discharge not as much comes out. Did these things go back to normal?

Yeah everything is functioning normal again. I could still get erect on the meds but yeah it wasnt very pleasurable during or of climax. Some people couldnt even get erect so I guess we should consider ourselves lucky. The sexual dysfunction is caused by the dopamine antagonist. Which in term also increases prolactin levels because of such low levels of dopamine in the brain. All sexual functions will return when your dopamine levels increase over time. For me it was 4 months better, 8 months greatly improved, and at 11 months Im back to normal.

Is it possible to return back to normal after being injected Invega Sustenna?

Hi,

I was force injected 234mg and 156mg of Invega Sustenna in late November 17'. I am not psychotic or symptomatic due to psychosis. My only problem is the Sustenna. The first three weeks were really intense, however, although it is tapering off, the shot can take 300+ days to be fully eliminated. I've even heard that a huge percentage never come back around and some commit suicide. I will see posts that have been inactive for years after reading the horror some of these individuals have been going through.
I really want my life back and was just hoping someone might be able to relate through their experience with Invega Sustenna. Please give me hope.

Thank You,
Josiah Wright

New here been reading all the comments as a guest for the past 2 months since I was Injected with the poison. I got 3 injections total. 2 first injections back to back the loading dose 234mg then 154mg then another 154mg a month later. I had a psychotic episode then ended up in a psych ward for two weeks and my only way out was to get this bullshit injection so i did. The first month was hell I didnt even want to get a follow up injection but my ?psychiatrist? said I needed it for my ?schizophrenia?. Anyways Its been 7 weeks since my last injection and the only side effects im having now is restlessness, constipation, weight gain, and I cant get solid sleep. I?ll go to bed at 7-8 wake up at 12 and cant go back to sleep then rinse wash repeat. The worst part is feeling empty. I feel emotionless. I hope this isn?t permanent. I?m willing to wait this 2 year sentence out and see how im feeling but this is starting to feel like a living hell. I?m doing better than I was 3 weeks ago so hopefully I can continue to keep improving.

Any tips on how to speed up the recovery process? I wish the people that replied years ago were still here to give an update on how theyre doing and a summary of what they went through. Im feeling hopeless right now and really dumbed down since I got the shot. I just wanna go back to my normal self :(

@tgrizzly47 you start to slightly improve around month 7/8. Just be patient, take one month at a time and get over with. That?s wut I have been doing I?m close to 10 months off
Time will go by, you just try and not panic.

Make sure your being hydrated and eating well. Set up alarms on your phone to remind you to do things that needs to be done. You will get through it. If you need support just write on the thread. Good luck. And taking meds will not improve anything but make recovery worse, try small doses of naicin if you have symptoms of the illness.

Take melatonin for sleep. Sleep gets better around month 6

thanks for the support i?ll give melatonin a try for sleep

I had a bad reaction to melatonin, if that doesnt work you can try valerian root. The best thing to use because of our meds that work is CBD oil. Its a little pricey for the stuff that works but I guarantee it will work for sleep, I fall alseep immediately after using it, cant sleep without it now. Itll also help with side effects from the meds. Id get the tincture. Its legal in all states. And make sure its high cbd level normal hemp oil wont do anything.

Hello Invega poisoned family. It has been about 4 and a half months since I posted on this thread and 5 months being off this shit. I am feeling a lot better compared to month one, however I still feel like shit. I still cannot workout and it is still difficult to wake up in the morning (sleep for 9-12 hours) and have difficulty maintaing a conversation and beginning one. When I try to workout, my body just stops out of no where, never experienced anything like it in my entire life. I have been working out since I was 14 and am now 21 so it is extremely depressing. Motivation is slowly coming back and I am forcing myself to go back to school for senior year to get my BA. Adderall, cigs, alcohol, and all drugs that once were pleasurable to me and gave me a way to escape reality momentarily, still offer no benefit whatsoever, except for increased side effects.... :) (sarcasm) That being said, I started taking wellbutrin again after stopping it a month ago and continually take my adderall hoping it will work sometime soon especially bc of school. Anyway, I hope everyone has been good and is healing up as the months pass. Happy to of read that @copperdome is now feeling himself again!! Congratulations man, I cant wait to be back to my old self.

Any tips on how to speed up the recovery process? I wish the people that replied years ago were still here to give an update on how theyre doing and a summary of what they went through. Im feeling hopeless right now and really dumbed down since I got the shot. I just wanna go back to my normal self :(

If you read copperdomes last reply up top he said that he tried everything and nothing worked. I can recommend CBD oil to use to help with side effects because all other drugs that could help us dont work because of the poison. Besides that time is the key. Yeah its hard waiting but at least your not getting any more poison pumped into you. 2 years on the shot and I wanted to die everyday I was on it. But you will feel better in time just try to take each day at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.