• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Thread] LSD & Mushrooms

I might be trying a low-dose combo like this soon, I will report back what I think about it

2 tabs n 3 grams low dose? Unless both are low potency, I'd say these are both average sized doses...besides the acid maybe sense a lot of tabs goin around are pretty weak.

Oh the combination is wonderful. I took 100 micrograms before class at about 10AM and tested 2 grams from batch of mushrooms I got at around 3 or 4pm. I saw some visions I haven't seen since. Absolutely grand orange fractals blooming around my friend. He almost looked like an Alex Grey painting. The walls kept collapsing into beautiful white light. Highly recommend.

Mixing LSD and mushrooms

Anyone experienced with this combo? Does it even work? How did you space out each dose? I've tried taking mushrooms and ayahuasca 4 or 5 hours into an LSD trip and that had no effect whatsoever so presumably you have to take the mushrooms very early into the LSD trip. Seeing as LSD puts such a ferocious grip on your receptors are you better off taking the mushrooms first?

Thanking you.

I've done it a few times, not a great combination IMO. The two trips kind of fight each other.. the mushrooms cloud LSD's clarity and the gentle, warm experience that comes from a good acid trip seems to round out the dark and intense aspect from mushrooms.

Leaves you pretty fucking retarded.. I like LSD and 2C-B a LOT more when I did that last night.

Also, I've dropped LSD and ate mushrooms at the same time a few times, as well as eating mushrooms 7+ hours into a candy flip twice. It still seemed to work fine late into the trip.

Last edited:
I'd take the acid and then wait an hour, then take the shrooms, take a full dose of acid and half a dose of shrooms.

Yes I realize that, but I'm referring to the potentiation of the psychedelic effects which are exclusively associated with 5HT2a receptor subtype.

i clicked quote before i read the rest of the thread, so maybe i'm repeating someone...

but i would think that unless you do a MONSTER sized dose of a psychedelic, that you are not even close to saturating the 5ht2a/c receptors. with 100 ug of LSD, only nanogram amounts i believe, make it to your brain.
and those molecules probably occupy a small fraction of the total receptors.

psilocin molecules may occupy an even smaller fraction of the receptors.

but with a combination, if LSD outcompeted psilocin...couldn't the psilocin go to some of the unoccupied receptors? i dunno, i hit the bong in the middle of this post and am having a hard time thinking about this now haha

i've never tried mushrooms + LSD. seems like it would be intense. i find the two trips pretty different, so maybe i would rather focus on one or the other. i still have a lot to learn from shrooms i think. that's my new way of saying that my last two shroom trips were rough or scary. i realized just now that i've been reinforcing that idea in my head and it might lead to another bad shroom trip. but not if i do them in a better environment i think/hope.

/ramble

i clicked quote before i read the rest of the thread, so maybe i'm repeating someone...

but i would think that unless you do a MONSTER sized dose of a psychedelic, that you are not even close to saturating the 5ht2a/c receptors. with 100 ug of LSD, only nanogram amounts i believe, make it to your brain.
and those molecules probably occupy a small fraction of the total receptors.

psilocin molecules may occupy an even smaller fraction of the receptors.

but with a combination, if LSD outcompeted psilocin...couldn't the psilocin go to some of the unoccupied receptors? i dunno, i hit the bong in the middle of this post and am having a hard time thinking about this now haha

i've never tried mushrooms + LSD. seems like it would be intense. i find the two trips pretty different, so maybe i would rather focus on one or the other. i still have a lot to learn from shrooms i think. that's my new way of saying that my last two shroom trips were rough or scary. i realized just now that i've been reinforcing that idea in my head and it might lead to another bad shroom trip. but not if i do them in a better environment i think/hope.

/ramble

This has really been on my mind, as I was planning on doing this combo. Figured I would take 2.5 hits of half way decent blotter and 1.5g decent mushrooms about 30 minutes in as the come-up begins. I'd have to imagine they would synergize, and as quoted above if one out-competes the other for a receptor there would be plenty o' other receptors willing to take it up.

I recall reading somewhere that lsd and psilocin work via different mechanisms of action. If this were the case then they should definitely synergize as well I'd think.

I can't imagine them competing to the point that they cancel each other out or ruining the flow of the trip. A couple weeks back I took a hit of blotter to try it out, and got that irresistable urge to take more. I ended up eating a few more slivers of paper and munching almost a gram of shrooms, but I think it was too late, didn't seem to get much of a boost in effects. I guess with this kinda stuff you gotta dose all at once...

So let's get some more ideas going here, I'd like to hear some more subjective accounts form experienced folks, as well as some solid information as to why this combination might be ineffective by any of the naysayers...

Combining lsd and mushrooms

Okay so here's the dealio, me and some friends plan on going to Darien lake next week (amusement park for those who are unfamiliar with the name) and I got a hit of acid that I will be doing there while my friends do mushrooms. I plan on taking the one hit of acid and half an eighth of shrooms to get a feel for what's going on an maybe taking the other half late on if I'm up for it. I have tripped at an amusement park before on lsd (roller coasters and all) but the park was about half the size (tons of people nonetheless) what's it like combining these too drugs? I've tripped on acid a twice and mushrooms around 4 times (one time 5.5 grams) so I'd definitely consider myself experienced with hallucinogens. Also what should the timing be for taking them? Lsd first followed by boomers 30 minutes later?

Have you read this combo subthread on LSD & Mushrooms?
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=339690

I would say that it is a rather unpredictable plan:
- experience with these two psychedelics spread over 6 trips is not nothing but it is not really that substantial a body of experience for the amount of "unknown factors" that you are bringing together here. Which to be sure are:
- The combination that you have never done
- The variance in potency of mushrooms since they are natural products
- The uncontrollable setting that is an amusement park
- Do you know the potency of the LSD?

Now don't understand me wrong: I did not say it is absolutely a bad idea with bad consequences, I just think you should realise that there is probably a limit to the amount of unpredictability you want to tolerate.

Can you tell us the reason you would like to try this combination during this occasion instead of trying it in a controllable environment? Or more specifically: why sticking to only 1 of the psychedelics would not be enough? Maybe this will help us understand what you are trying to achieve. Because if you are looking for chaos, the unpredictability is of course suddenly a good thing. :D

If you insist on this I suggest that you don't time like you mention, but first allow one of the drugs to peak fully before deciding if you want to enhance it. Taking the mushrooms first seems more solidary with your friends but taking the LSD later might make for a long total duration of the trip. Up to you.

I have taken psychedelics at amusement parks and I really think that LSD is relatively easier to handle because unless you dose very high things aren't always extremely weird like I find them with mushrooms. I am also much more socially awkward, paranoid and intoxicated on mushrooms and the fairytale or dream like state is IMO definitely not conductive to being in a crowd with no practical escape.
Plus: rides can be very thrilling but the intensification can make it overwhelming. While that can be true for LSD as well, IMO it is easier to process the thoughts and feelings without delay (because it has more potential for rationality in me). Again, if you dose quite high with LSD all bets are off and it can easily be just as paranoid and messed up.

Tripping in such a park can be a lot of fun but I recommend that you reconsider the details of your plan. :)

There's already a few threads on this.. you should probably go back and read through those.

I've done this a few times, in a few different ways. IMO, it's not a good combination. The two trips don't really seem to synergize, and while it's a "crazy" experience you seem to get less out of it overall because your head is so crowded with thoughts. Still though, may be worth a shot.

Thanks for the reply, the potency of the lsd is unknown unfortunately, my buddy got 2 hits at bisco and only did one; from what he says he tripped but couldn't tell how hard because of the environment. The reason I'm taking both is because
1. Lsd is hard to come across right now and sense I only have the one hit I don't want to have less fun than my friends
2. I enjoy tripping extremely hard and being uncomfortable as weird as that sounds.

The mushrooms will be good (haven't been disappointed with my friends connections yet) and the trips that I've had have been nothing short of amazing. The 5.5 gram trip that I previously stated made me lose all reality and completely forgot who I was

Id also like to add that I won't be going into the park tripping balls I will most likely eat my stuff 3/4 way through the car ride and getting adjusted to my environment, I don't want anything to come as a surprise or start freaking out because of the mandatory bag check when you walk in lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It's up to you and I know the "enjoyment of tripping hard and being uncomfortable", I used to call that activity 'to Fear and Loathe'.

But I still would allow for more time to adjust. Wait until you arrive at the park before you dose and wait until you get a bearing before redosing (you can hide a hit of blotter can't you? lol).
I've had successes and fails with the more adventurous and heavy trips and after a while I learned that even though I liked a challenge, that didn't mean that there isn't a more ideal way to approach this, or better said: some discomfort is not worth it, and you don't get any kick out of it, just discomfort.

If you want to know more about the effects of simply combining these, use the link I provided and see how others fared. I believe that part of the folks talk of interesting weirdness and strong visuals but there are also plenty of people who find mixing archetypal psychs redundant and to potentially have unfavorable synergy.

Also be sure to check out our thread on tripping in an amusement park. Find the link to that thread in our Psychedelic Index (link in my signature), the link is way down in the Index, I think under the category "set & setting" of the Big & Dandy's list.

And use the edit button if you have something to add. And edit or delete a thread before posting a new one on the same topic. Thank you. ;)

Gonna be trying this tomorrow - been thinking take the mushrooms first as LSD puts such a ferocious grip on your receptors.

My trip lasted nearly 12 hours strong, starting with the acid and shrooms about half way in. I've done this several times w shrooms and acid (that acid I now suspect may have been some nbom). The acid alone was quite an inebriated body high, and it was actually very difficult for me to speak from the mind, forcing me in a mellow space that was very quiet, pleasant and private however. I do remember doing a lot to feel with my hands, it was quite sensual. But it was definately NOT the anxious awake and horny physical frenzy like E.

So take that body buzzer acid and slip out into open consciousness with shrooms, then you tend to gain back your philosophical mind and can start to interact on wider levels again.

It is definately not for faint first timers. You have to be willing to float and feel if your too clingy and anxious.

In my personal opinion there is a deliberate sense of movement. It was like waking from a deep relaxed sleep, felling refreshed with Purposefulness and a desire to interact into the universe.
This would most likely be suited to a period of activity and development - A bender - with lots of little projects. It seemed like eons of happieness until the next day.

Never have I laughed so hard, cried and buzzed in one night. Oh yeah good old MJ kept the buzzed mellowed out even.

Just go in with a good mind set and it will amplify that. Wait till you're in good head space.

In my experience, this combination is utterly useless and a waste of materials and time. There's a big difference between the feeling of a synergistic subjective effect produced by a combination and simply the feeling of "more drugs stacked on," which just feels hedonistic and ridiculous. This combination has always produced the latter for me. Nothing even remotely new occuring, high levels of confusion and disorientation, notable hypertension which I never got on either alone, etc. I'd much sooner just dose higher on either one than combine them again. It's possible that I haven't gotten the dosing schedule right, of course, but I'm far from convinced.

For me, the best thing that good combinations offer is that you go can go further out wihtout having to dose ridiculously high on any single compound. I've found this to be able to produce highly lucid mystical states with strong memory retention and less bodyload. To obtain the same caliber of mystical state on a single substance, I have to dose high and I get higher levels of confusion and less lucidity, more amnesia, etc. With the LSD+Mushrooms combo, all of these advantages of combos are negated. I experience increased confusion, increased amnesia, stronger body load.

Sometimes an intense, crazy trip from a mix of un-synergistic phycadelics can be VERY insightful, you just gotta be able to handle the experience. I recommend having a benzo on hand if it gets too dysforic though.

Love this combo

Some of the most intense visuals I've ever experienced...we were out on te lake cruising very slowly on a pontoon boat at night in the dark...full moon

Ended up letting someone else drive the boat because I couldn't really see the surrounding anymore...every trip around the lake was like a new world

Possibly the best trip of my life

Agter we got done boating we built a fire and I made pitchers of strawberry daiquiri with captain Morgans spiced rum

Tim would get a brain freeze and just start laughing saying that brain freezes are awesome.....we ended up rolling around on the ground laughing are asses off

Love this combo

Some of the most intense visuals I've ever experienced...we were out on te lake cruising very slowly on a pontoon boat at night in the dark...full moon

Ended up letting someone else drive the boat because I couldn't really see the surrounding anymore...every trip around the lake was like a new world

Possibly the best trip of my life

Agter we got done boating we built a fire and I made pitchers of strawberry daiquiri with captain Morgans spiced rum

Tim would get a brain freeze and just start laughing saying that brain freezes are awesome.....we ended up rolling around on the ground laughing are asses off

wow that sounds like an amazing night, even without psychedelics!

this combination is usually a waste IME, but if i am at a festival or party, tripping on L and someone hands me some caps and stems, i will gladly oblige them. things get extra visual, extra confusing, extra hilarious. personally i prefer the lucidity of a straight acid trip or the earthy grooviness of mushrooms by themselves, but thats just me.

^ I agree wholeheartedly.. LSD and shrooms Rock... My dose where 150 ug and 1/8 2 hr after LSD dosing... it has been many years since i did those trips... I defiantly want to try it again this time i want to add DMT... Wasnt around when i was doing these combos