• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Thread] LSD & Mushrooms

LSD has a higher affinity for HT2a than psilocin. LSD actually has affinity with 8 different serotonin receptor subtypes. It also has affinity for dopamine 1 and 2 subtypes as well as a couple other receptor types (forget which).

I presume (maybe incorrectly, HT2 correct me if I'm wrong?) that some of the psilocin would remain at the HT2a (and 2c) sites. Both chemicals also affect a slightly different profile of receptors, probably in slightly different areas of the brain (although this type of data is just now coming in for drugs like LSD).

Synergism can also occur when one chemical is a monoamine releaser or reuptake inhibitor or if one chemical has MAOI properties or other antagonist properties.

Yes I realize that, but I'm referring to the potentiation of the psychedelic effects which are exclusively associated with 5HT2a receptor subtype.

I was also thinking about [the drugs] affecting receptors in different areas of the brain, perhaps that has something to do with it.

Ive done cid and shrooms together once and it was a mind blowing experience. I was at a concert too watching the sickest light show! Good times (and good music!)

Acid And Mushrooms

Alright i've been told a few storys of people doing acid and shrooms i did this once kinda acid one day and shrooms next day was crazy acid was still kinda in effect but just coming down when u see patterns but they don't move. I've also am a big fan of candyflipping which i always take the acid 2-3 hours before the E if i can, So i was wondering if taking acid then waiting 2-3hours when you just start feeling it OR before you feel it about 1 hour after OR after acid peak 3-4hours??

I wouldn't think you'd feel anything from the mushrooms. The acid would block all the same receptors the mushrooms use.

I've done it. I didnt notice a huge difference. I did my regular dose of both 1/8 of shrooms and 4 hits of acid. Tripped like i would off of 4 hits but it did have a slight twist. I never have energy on shrooms and like to relax that quality came through. I wouldnt call it a waste since its a different trip, but its not like 1+1=2.

I heard it's a safe combo, they combine well but most people say LSD overpowers mushrooms.

I wouldn't take a godly amount of mushrooms....who knows if you take 5-6 grams of decent shrooms you might be in for quite a ride during a peak of LSD lol.

I wouldn't think you'd feel anything from the mushrooms. The acid would block all the same receptors the mushrooms use.

I am not sure about the science of it, but I would agree with this. No point in doing them at the same time, IMO. Just save one or the other for another time. :)

shrooms + acid combo

I have quite a big night planned for next week, It envolves going to some kind of dubstep night and i bought some shrooms the other night (two wraps) I had the first one that night and they took two hours to kick in and once they did I had a really good time everything seemed hilarious and then eventually I had some mild effects similar to acid, things changing colour and moving etc which I always enjoy. Im not sure what strain it was though I bought them directly from the guy who picked them and i've tested the water so I know they're good.

i've also bought about twelve tabs of acid which I've tried before and isn't amazingly strong, I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to to have the second wrap of these shrooms and maybe two or three tabs of this mild acid aswell? keeping in mind that I will be going out, I've never combined the two before though I guess i'd say I have quite a good mental tolorence for these drug sas I've been in some pretty odd situations out and about while on acid and never had a bad trip. Though I've never gone into great excess when not in a nice comfortable room in a house, so i guess it could still happen.

so - you have tripped in party situations before? because it can get frantic with lots of people swirling around - you know.. but, i don't know of any reason not to combine the two knowing that they are each not extremely potent.. i would even try it with strong doses of each, but i have never had both in my possession at once...
LSD and shrooms are such similar drugs that they will both add to each other from what i know.. you will get the same psychedelic reaction from both at the same time, but i am guessing you will feel some funny body stuff from the shrooms - as usual... (right BL?)

stoked that you have never had a bad trip! :) me neither - i've had bad feelings, but never through the whole trip..

so - you have tripped in party situations before? because it can get frantic with lots of people swirling around - you know.. but, i don't know of any reason not to combine the two knowing that they are each not extremely potent.. i would even try it with strong doses of each, but i have never had both in my possession at once...
LSD and shrooms are such similar drugs that they will both add to each other from what i know.. you will get the same psychedelic reaction from both at the same time, but i am guessing you will feel some funny body stuff from the shrooms - as usual... (right BL?)

stoked that you have never had a bad trip! :) me neither - i've had bad feelings, but never through the whole trip..

yeah I am often in quite social situations when I trip. Most of the people im friends with don't know that I take acid as much as i do though I've really reduced the amount im drinking in favour of acid over the past few months, for my health mostly (I had a case of alcohol induced nephritis a while ago) though I only really have a couple of hits and it doesn't really have a massive effect as the acid I buy is usually quite weak and cheap, enough to put me in a good mood and to enjoy the effects, but not to the point where the effects overwelm me. I'll give it a go anyway, I'll keep the acid on standby and take it if I feel the need. thanks!

one night at a music festival some friends and I ate a hit of acid with questionable potency, we waited an hour or so and could tell it was pretty weak so we munched on some shrooms we had on hand. while this did kick things up another notch, I found it very disorienting, and I was unable to speak until the peak was over. It just felt like my thoughts were all over the place, it was pretty confusing. not something I plan to do again.

I've done it at festivals. and it was a hard trip. But seems like lucy takes a higher trip on the brain

Taking two tryptamines at once tends to cancel out the effects of one.

has anyone done a low dose lsd/ low dose mushroom combo before? it will be a questionable one hit with a questionable 1.5g of shrooms with the lemon juice extraction method. if you have done a combo like this how did you do it? did you enjoy it?

I took 3 1/2 hits of lucy and ~12.5g of shrooms over the course of 10 hours. I seemed to get perfect synergy between the 2, but I had taken vyvanse at the beginning to see if it would make a difference. So I can't speak for the mundfuck of the 2 mixed, but I can tell you that the visuals and body high were a perfect mix of both.

Shroom patterns seemed to replace surfaces like fractals do on acid, making for natural looking, deeply colored patterns. Instead of the normal shroom visuals that seem to be floating on top of surfaces. And CEVs looked like they do on acid, except in a more "natural" way.

The perception changes of both mixed together PERFECTLY creating the best brightly colored cartoon world. On shrooms I usually can tell when rooms begin to shrink and objects change size because they kind of morph. But with the acid mixed in, It was impossible to tell what size objects really were because it made the sloppy morphing look of shrooms really crisp. The closest thing I could say the world looked like was a Steam Boat Willy Micky Mouse cartoon that had bright colors. My perception was so skewed but also very convincing. I didn't think I was even getting perception changes until I saw a stop sign that looked 3 in big spelled SOPT on a normal sized pole and another one that looked 5 feet tall on a normal pole.

The body high made me feel very relaxed, even though I also felt insane amounts of energy, kind of like electricity flowing through me. It was like I had an endless amount of energy that I could use when I wanted to. Felt less shroom like and more acid like though.

I would agree that there is noticeable synergy with LSD and Mushrooms combined. I have tried this combo twice and was smitten joyously each time! There seems to be an impish fun nature about it like on my mushrooms trips but the PERSPECTIVE and control of LSD (lucidity like-control as compared to mushrooms "take you" style nature).

It is incredibly intoxicating and powerfully altering though, I still didn't hallucinate much but the intensity of my actual perception was unrivaled, There would be a massive tunnel in front of my perception at all times and all the nature movement like leaves and grass which I was watching would all move according to the power of the tunnel I was watching through.

I was walking with a relative and noticed he was not accustomed to tripping like I am, not having realized that when I gave him mushrooms earlier I was now left to deal with his loopyness which I understood and capacitated well and even empathized for in my high state.

I may have taken 2 tabs of lsd and 3 grams of mushrooms? not much but I agree with others when they say whilst doing psychedelic combos to keep the dosing fairly low.

*hopefully* get to try this combo again tonight!!!