View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Thread] Dissociatives & Cannabis

mirrorlake

Greenlighter
I am starting this thread with the interest of discussing anything related to dissociatives combined with cannabis. In my experience, smoking or vaporizing pot when already high on dissociatives... Ketamine, DXM, methoxetamine.. results in something beyond what I would call potentiation or even synergy.

It's like a 10-fold increase on hyperdrive.

For example, one time I was coming down off some bumps of Ketamine throughout the day. I was probably near baseline and ready to sleep. So I smoked some pot. Probably not much, even. Within a minute I'm transported through the matrix on some kind of cellular level to an alternate dimension where Terrapin Station represents purgatory.

Fully immersed in this experience, out of body, heart racing, brain feels like its frying. Hearing the "clickedy-clicks" inside my head on overdrive. Red and green building blocks, chewing away at time like Langoliers.

Know what I mean? I've done most drugs there are, and combined them any way I could, but never understood this particularly extreme case of... synergy?

Once on one of my 2 experiences with DXM I was hours into the trip when I began to come down, the effects waned and I eventually sat down to smoke a victory bowl. after the weed the trip intensified to a level beyond the original peak. Certainly a lot more hallucinations after that bowl!

weed made k far more uncomfortable for me- like it does with mushrooms, made thingas to much and to real feeling.

part of the joy of shrooms and ket is the feeling of being outside reality, pot and ket made me overly self concious of how fucked i was

Weed after taking DXM (usually 2 hours into the experience) does create a much stronger experience for me. I have tried taking DXM both with and without Mj, the experiences with Mj seem alot nicer, more intense but nicer. Mellower/relaxed i guess is a better way to put it.

DXM isnt a drug i like doing and it should always be taken while smoking abit of green at some point in the experience. I find it gives the experience more of an earthy feel? feels more natural? instead of my body just feeling like it has a dirty chemical running through it.

In my experiences, pot before dissociatives is always a good time.

Pot smoked during dissociatives, even towards the end of the experience, often leads to too much intensity. Gives me anxiety and a kind of dissociation that I just don't enjoy, even though a K-Hole or 3rd plateau DXM experience on it's own has never been difficult for me.

I personally love dissociatives, in my experience pot does greatly enhance it, everytime i do a dissociative (mostly Dxm) I drink a half gallon of white grapefruit juice. I have hit sigma, and I use Dxm for shamanic purposes. So yes in my experiences, MJ does enhance it.

have you tried pychedelics with weed? I dont think its specific to dissociatives, weed goes well with almost everything

have you tried pychedelics with weed? I dont think its specific to dissociatives, weed goes well with almost everything

nah- with mdma it can make the experience dull and disappear way too quickly, with lsd and mushrooms it spun me out in a bad way, but with 2ci and amt it was really what i needed (both of those were hash not skunk-maybe hash is the key in tiny doses)

its not always needed and is best if you are having a dodgy stomach

I agree. With MDMA it mostly goes for the comedown, when the roll sometimes becomes slightly psychedelics. I have also found that I am able to do huge rips without coughing. It's a nice way to go to sleep after a night of good rolling.

I personally love dissociatives, in my experience pot does greatly enhance it, everytime i do a dissociative (mostly Dxm) I drink a half gallon of white grapefruit juice. I have hit sigma, and I use Dxm for shamanic purposes. So yes in my experiences, MJ does enhance it.

Would white grapefruit juice enhance the effects of Ketamine?

Surprised we don't already have combo thread for this. Maybe tomorrow/today after my nap after class I'll whip something official up.

Anywho, I'm a huge fan of dissociatives and weed. I'd easily go as far as to say that there really isn't a better combination with weed (unless you are polydrug comboing with it [3+ drugs].) Though, I have with ketamine for example, found it can induce short periods of anxiety during the initial stages of the experience(1), with this appearing only during higher dose trips or during levels of unexplored intensity (combos involving drugs ketamine falls under these two categories, and in my case, it is the sol reason in this context). Even with the induced anxiety, I find ketamines anxiolytic effects to be far more prominent than the induced anxiogenic effects. Also whether this is just another reason for ketamines anxiolytic effects I don't know, but the depersonalization seen with ketamine (and other dissociatives) greatly contributes to minimizing downward spiral type thought patterns. I really find that the experienced anxious feelings manifest themselves self primarily as a peripheral experience as well, as in I'll have spasms/uncontrollable vibrations or shakes. Even with experience those peripheral anxious effects, which are a bit annoying even with little to no emotional mind fuck, I've had some of the most amazing experiences come out of them. My one ketamine + dxm + weed experience, brought out a bit of anxiety as I snorted 100mg and ripped a bong 15 minutes past the 1.75 hour mark of the DXM comeup where I snorted 60-80 mg of ketamine. My body wasn't completely digging it at first, but by god, ketamine + dxm + weed, ended up producing the most fantastic orgasmic feelings I've ever had physically(2) and mentally, after the peaks all settled in.

Of course not everyone is going to have ketamines effect profile be so inviting and enjoyable, as dissociatives are not everyones cup of tea, so your shit for luck if this is the case. Same goes with weed as cannabinoids, like delta-9-THC, and a number of the RC cannabinoids/cannabinoid receptor agonists. So if one of those drugs are an issue in terms of anxiety, I'd be carefully with combining (though, I'd feel sad if regular dissociative user didn't take the chance to try and see if the dissociative prevents/greatly diminishes the anxiety seen with cannabis alone).

Anyway, I really wont take dissociatives with out the combination of weed (not that I if given the option to take dissociatives alone or not take dissociatives at all, I'd choose to avoid dissociatves). Weed adds a touch to the visual experience, melds nice with either negatives body feelings from DXM or just makes the body that extra bit comfy, and adds some extra dissociation to the experience. I haven't had any reason to not to, and only find it to be more beneficial, with some memory loss of the experience being the biggest issue. Though, the memory of the experience can be diminish or non existent with dissociatives alone, as we are talking about NMDAr antagonists (there are large populations of NMDAr's in the hippocampus), so I say meh.

My favorite dissociative + weed combo, was with 4-MeO-PCP. I never felt such a wonderful combination with weed. Gotta get me another one of those experiences.

(1) - (over +10 minutes from nasal ingestion till probably +25 minutes [never taken k any other way, so sorry no other time contexts, and once your zonked enough time doesn't become thing of interest])

(2) - (probably more like pseudo physically for the most part)

I smoked a bowl of really amazing weed once when I was coming down from a DXM trip. I was hurtled far past the original experience. I was catatonic in my bed watching the craziest hallucinations I have ever seen, like an actual lady sitting at a desk beside my bed watching me the whole time. There defiantly were vivid hallucinations and colors swarming everywhere I could see. Seriously fucked up in every which way My external world (bedroom) was almost completely replaced with hallucinations, when during the peak of just the DXM I didn't have any noticeable hallucinations. Couldn't walk, talk, think... Got up the next morning still feeling like my head was a damn hot air balloon and it was bobbling about 2 feet about the ground. It was insane and I was in high school at the time and I couldn't go back to school for like 2 or 3 days afterwards. During that time I couldn't comprehend what was coming out of peoples mouth. I am pretty sure I am hypersensitive to DXM, even a recommended dose with cough medicine makes me trip and feel weird for a week after. .

Surprised we don't already have combo thread for this. Maybe tomorrow/today after my nap after class I'll whip something official up.

I appreciate the enthousiasm but this thread is kind of like
[Combo Subthread] DXM & Weed plus...
and I was gonna say, the Ketamine & Weed/Cannabis combo subthread but there isn't one!!!
THAT is what I find incredible, I can't even scrape anything together for one searching for it.

Sorry. Does anyone have a size 10 for the foot in my mouth?

Anyway continue guys, having a collective dissociatives + cannabis thread is for me just as good as having separate ones. :) <3

I quit smoking weed because the clouded headspace really started to annoy me and it held me back. When I did smoke, yes the combo with ketamine was always amazing, the synergy is great, but isn't there a special synergy with psychedelics as well? Can be quite unique with many other drugs, doesn't make it any less true though. What I definitely have to add is while I never liked DXM, cannabis always made the experience 300% better for me, the only actual positive time I spent on DXM was when I also smoked weed, though it has mostly been a sort of blackout episode for me. I get extremely tired and dreamy, and have to lie somewhere then afterwards I can only remember a little bit of it and it is really foggy. Hardly what I call fun.

I'd agree there is some wonderful synergy with psychedelics, but I find the potential for problems to be a lot greater. Anxiety induced from weed doesn't seem to be taken under control by psychedelics, quite the contrary imo. Of course mass of consumption contributes to just how far the weed takes the experience in it's influential direction, and I'd admit I have trouble gauging just how much I am smoking sometimes, or well a good percentage of times on high dose psychedelics. I'll start hitting the bong and not realize that I just inhaled enough to nail me to the couch and then some. Weed certainly isn't always the nicest way to induce ego-loss or partial ego-loss, bit harsh on the psyche sometimes. Though, an indica never hurts if THC occasionally causes anxiety (especially seen in sativa dominate strains, ala smaller concentrations of other cannabinoids). A nice strong full blooded indica would put the body in its place with a wonderful body buzz.

With that said, nothing like weed and DMT, the dissociative qualities of both certainly work well with one another, and really only cause slight anxiety during the comeup if the set and setting is right (as in the anxiety goes away after the initial push). Beautiful combo. I definitely have some love for it.

Whats even better than a dissociative + weed, or psychedelic + weed combo, is a dissociativex2 (say dxm and ketamine) + weed or psychedelic + dissociative + weed combo. (though this certainly isn't the most harm reductive consumption of drugs, its sure beautiful. Take caution with combining multiple drugs, especially with no experience before hand. Synergy of drugs can be overwhelming if taking to much of either one in combo)

Yeah with the minimal amount of individual drug + weed posts, a collection of dissociatives + weed experiences would work well imo, especially with smaller population of users of dissociative drugs in comparison to the traditional psychedelics.

Last edited:
i started smoking pot and doing dxm around the same time 4 years ago. however at the time i had no knowledge of plateaus or even the term 'dissociative'. 2 years ago i became interested in psychedelics and to my surprise found dxm mentioned as a potentially psychedelic compound. after that i started 3rd plateau doses and really enjoyed myself. one day im halfway through a dxm trip when a buddy wants to smoke weed, i was blown away! my dxm trips up until then were pretty bland, and this experience rivals my first LSD trip. nowadays i cant even stomach any amount of dxm without at least a bowl or two of kine to ease the nausea, but i cant enjoy high doses without smoking weed until i cant even recognize my own hand holding the pipe ;) now i wont recommend 3rd/4th plateau doses without there being cannabis involved.

idk if its just me or maybe because i smoke so much but i feel like weed doesnt intensify anything. if it has any effect at all while on another drug especially a dissasociative it helps bring me back to reality or does nothing at all

I love smoking weed on all dissociatives. I have noticed though that smoking jwh on dxm especially intensifies it even more than weed does.

I won't take a dissociative without cannabis or a JWH on hand, whilst it's more about potential nausea control than anything, it can greatly intensify the experience.

My favorite dissociative + weed combo, was with 4-MeO-PCP. I never felt such a wonderful combination with weed. Gotta get me another one of those experiences.

That's a great one, try throwing in some GHB/GBL on top of it, doing so produced some of the most amazing experiences I've had to date.

i just dont know about G man. it really feels odd taking something i know people use to rape people