• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Opiates

Phenibut is more safe regarding overdosing although going over appropriate doses can be very uncomfortable in an unexplainable way. You would have to learn how to use it responsibly and dose correctly just like with other things, many of which don't have a foolproof therapeutic index (margin of safety).
Like G, phenibut is not something that necessarily dulls the trip as hard as it cushions.

Benzo's are excellent cushions but they do tend to dull trips. I would definitely take a few with me if I were to trip at a large social gathering or event! But to avoid blacking out and getting a bout of drug-induced psychosis (I have had one of those from LSD + Xanax), please select a benzo that is not hypnotic like alprazolam (Xanax), flunitrazepam (Rohypnol), etizolam, or phenazepam (I'd avoid that one either way). And check the right doses for you before employing benzo's this way, by doing trial runs with them at a random moment prior.

Be careful, very careful, with alcohol. It can be way disinhibiting, confusing, sensitive to inappropriate behavior and blackouts and other messed up shit. These things can be true for alcohol alone if you drink enough, but with mushrooms or acid the combo is more unpredictable and I would never do this without a lot of general tripping experience under your belt before doing it at a big event.

We don't even know if the reason is to cushion - it might just be for getting a bit extra high in a comfortable way. I'm interested in the TS's elaboration on that. For those purposes I think two pretty low dosed codeine pills are a bit of a random combo. Not quite sure I follow that rationale.

"We don't know the reason for the cushion". Ya, but I'm still putting my money on cushion. :D He is taking them at a show after all.
Phenibut is too hit and miss for the larger population of trippers imo. Don't get me wrong though, because I have found A LOT of uses for it.

I agree about the alcohol. It's bad enough by itself as it is.

There each 20mg of codiene with acetaminophen and caffeine i was gonna cold water extract them as i thought the cloudy feeling and tripping would be great but i would like to avoid drug induced psychosis.

Did you read anything we wrote for you?

Perhaps you should leave THE SHROOMS at home?

What is the point of doing a CWE on 2 codiene pills btw?

Yes the gram of APAP and the caffeine less than a cup of coffee are harmless with 2 pills unless you plan on bombarding your liver with lots of other shit there which is really not recommended at all.
The way you formed that sentence makes it seem like you think a CWE avoids drug induced psychosis. I believe it was just an unfortunate way of formulating but in any case a CWE does not remove the caffeine anyway.

If you feel like getting a shroomy vibe at a concert maybe you wanna stick to half a dose max, i.e. 1.5 grams. If they turn out potent you are still in for a treat. Otherwise it is just a nice sensation but not as disorienting and alienating as doing a full trip at a concert.
I have tripped on acid at techno parties and done fine but that was with lots of experience, besides there is significantly less mindfuck for me with LSD than with mushrooms. I personally would not take mushrooms to one.

2 pills of codeine don't sound like a very bad idea but not a very good one either. I'm not sure what you mean by the drug induced psychosis but if you mean that this is the reason not to take benzo's with you and choose a weak opiate, I don't agree with the logic. What happened to me was from taking a shitload of acid and not paying enough attention to my Xanax dosing. Like I said, just to be sure I would take a less hypnotic one with me - the common diazepam (Valium) would be fine. Honestly, if shit hits the fan I would be more worried about going loopy from the mushrooms in an inappropriate setting than from adding the benzo's that cushion the trip if things are going too hard.
Some prefer to take the benzo right away together with the psychedelic, I think if you feel that is necessary you may be making a mistake to begin with using psychedelics the way you are.

So, the codeine can make a slight difference but I would not rely on them to keep you in the clear. Codeine and benzo's should not be used together because it tends to depress breathing and on mushrooms you are likely to freak out about something like that.

I've had mini seizures while 'nodding off' on the mixture. Which I've never had before or since.
Exactly like someone applied a jolt of electricity to my brain just as I was slipping off to sleep.
Pretty horrible.
:(

I know that's not exactly what you mentioned with the concert and all.
But, just in case you stay home or something. That phenomenon (brain shocks)
is probably mentioned elsewhere in these threads.

That has never happened to me on the combination.

Everyone's different.

-It's also a terrible waste of opiods.

What the user with the unpronouncable name is talking about are brain zaps and we have a thread running on it. There is no reason to believe that opiates potentiate this effect as far as I am aware of, it just sometimes happens to some people and not everyone is as susceptable to it.

Im planning on doing a 4-HO-MET and Morphine combo soon, I know its not strictly mushrooms but this should be pretty good right?

If we're gonna make this an open for all psychedelics & opiates discussion, let me make it official.

Combo-threadified and merged. :)

edit: Somebody just bumped the brain zap thread, did you see? :D

Last edited:
its a catch 22 for the opiate addicted. Avoiding the combo and tripping while wd'ing would likely produce an experience borne out of the opiate cravings i.e increased negativity. Compromise would be to dose wait until the nod is at its close then trip.

AFAIK using opioids kinda blocks the psychedelic receptors for a while so you're weakening the psychs.

Isn't that the case?

I haven't seen anything to suggest that, but pretty much any "downers"/sedatives tend to bring the trip down a notch - still can be a great experience if you're looking for pure recreation and fun though, as it mostly tends to kill some of the confusion, headfuck and introspection, but not the visuals or high. :) Never tried opiates + psychedelics myself though.

Could opiates be used to counter vasoconstriction, caused by psychedelics?

Has anyone tried insufflating heroin and 2C-B?

What about mixing a little 2C-B into a speedball to add a touch of mild psychedelia?

Exactly. G is where it's at (for a cushion), but I'm not going to reckommend that to a dude that doesn't know jack about narcotics. Seriously, he'd probably OD.

Yeah I fully agree. G works wonders to remove the anxiety or edginess. G + acid was so fun for me. But for me anyway, when i take G on acid, I almost feel like I can't OD. Which I know is wrong, totally, so I dose as if I normally would. The acid is just so damn stimulating, I can't get any sort of G sleep or anything with my normal doses until well after the peak of the acid has dissipated.

^I think that would detract from it. IV psych comeups tend to be unpleasant IME.

I was thinking insufflated. I don't IV / IM, I feel the comeup would be too fast everytime. I just imagine "DMT-like".

I don't know whether to take the 2C-B first and wait for the comeup to end and then hit the speedball or whether to insufflate the speedball and the 2C-B at the same time.