• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Opiates

Being (formerly) addicted to opiates, the opiate/psychedelic combination was inevitable.

I have consumed the following mixtures (keep in mind, I had no choice but to take opiates with these, because the last thing I want to do is trip out while withdrawaling):

MDA/MDMA + methadone
MDA/MDMA + heroin
mushrooms + heroin
LSD + heroin
LSD + suboxone

Although I much prefer heroin to methadone, because its wayyyyyyyyyyyy more euphoric, I'd say that the MDA/methadone mixture was the best I've ever experienced, but thats probably due to the pills being really good; I'd bet that if I had those same pills with heroin it would be even better (I'd like to note that was also my buddy Tyler's favorite combo as well, we both agreed it was pure heaven, RIP man, you know I miss you).

Taking opiates certainly does decrease the trip, but I've always been way more into downers than psychedelics, and saw psychs as an interesting way to enhance my day/heroin nod rather than an experience on its own. My use would vary. Sometimes I'd only do whatever amount of heroin I had to do to keep well. One time I used a lot heroin to calm myself down during a mushroom trip. The environment I was in scared the shit out of me, and heroin was my safety blanket [Halloween, Isla Vista (super-mega party town for those who don't know it)]. Most of the time I'd take a lot, because nodding hard on heroin while tripping on a few hits of acid is a ridiculous high that cannot be compared to anything.

So if you're opiate dependent, thats one thing, if not, I'd say leave the opiates for the tail end of the trip. As this is the psychedelic forum, I'd assume you're taking them to get the full on experience, which you wouldn't want to dampen with opiates. Although there is something incredible about taking a big shot of heroin while peaking on acid 8o.

I'd recommend that you just trust your instinct, and take the opiates whenever it feels right. I'd have no problem taking them concurrently, but YMMV. Oh yeah one last thing, don't take your psychs on the opiate comedown. Thats totally ass backwards, you would get no benefit from dosing them in that order.

^ Just me, but I feel dirty banging dope on LSD. Not to mention it can be a little challenging, too, when your veins are shifting around. You try to close your eyes and do it by feel and then your trippin out way too hard CEV's, I mean, fuck ...

and yeah i'd agree don't do psychs on the opiate comedown especially if you are gonna be REMOTELY sick/craving opiates

i know someone who took acid whilst dope sick and basically he wasn't dope sick any more but it wasn't any kind of fun

I had some opium on the tail end of a LSD trip at a festival this summer, and I'd say it was nice and relaxing. Sometimes ill take about 15-20mg of codeine at the end to relieve a bit of a headache (doesn't always happen), but this time I had opium.

For those wishing to reduce anxiety during a trip, benzos are the way to go. Though, I guess if you don't want to totally kill the trip, then opiates might be the thing to go with.

I have never taken opiates during the peak of an experience, but I could see how they might make it less profound and possibly reduce the visuals. The body high must be nice though, but the body high on LSD + weed is already pretty nice.

I mixed 25mg iprocin (4-Ho-Dipt) and ~25mg oxycodone. It felt really good and the insight was still as strong. I just got into a peaceful meditation and it was so peacefull and the body buzz euphoria was amazing. And I didn't felt itchy! I still had a powerfull psychedelic, more than I would have imagined! The visuals got really deep... I noticed an alien world just like I had before. Somehow, being on a psychedelic 'revealed' the characteristics and the whole character of the drug oxycodone which I just get to try out lately. Good introduction :)

Last edited:
It's all about TUNING in RIGHT

out of any class of drug users, I would naively expect psychonaughts to understand that every single drug can be integrated into "the psychedelic experience".

IMO...again...IN MY OWN OPINION...mkay??..if one is decent enough experienced with opiates AND decent enough exerienced with psychedelics, the combo is nothing but absolutely fucking amazing. Through my adventures and misadventures, I have found that a good strong dose (at least for me) of my opiate of choice during a psychedelic trip takes the edge off of your ego....your ego is hence less burdened. Essentially the opiate gives your ego the courage to dive deeper into the psychedelic and experience a ++++ instead of a +++. Then again, i'm a douche bag.

Mysterious said:
The body high must be nice though, but the body high on LSD + weed is already pretty nice.

Smoke some REALLY DANK hash and you don't even need to worry about putting an opiate into the equation. :) Although a hit of some H along with the hash, would be one massive mother fucking cherry on top. :|

Really really REALLY good hash, alone...with no psychedelic, already makes me trip balls and feels like a low to medium dose LSD trip minus the crystal clear visuals, and then add the "fogginess" of THC.

I've only ever taken opiates on the come down, and yes, it's lovely...
The reason I would never want to mix them though is because with opiates, all I want to do is lay around (especially because I get really nauseated on higher amounts) whereas after awhile, with pretty much any psychedelic, I get a bit of wanderlust in me and just HAVE to get off the couch. I don't particularly relish the idea of how much more nauseated I would become from all the moving around.

nikol said:
The reason I would never want to mix them though is because with opiates, all I want to do is lay around (especially because I get really nauseated on higher amounts) whereas after awhile, with pretty much any psychedelic, I get a bit of wanderlust in me and just HAVE to get off the couch.

On combining iprocin and oxyocodone, I layed down and did meditation for 2-3 hours and then I felt like moving and went outside and it was fun and did something with a friend later and it was great. It gave me energy and curiosity and made me relax at the same time. Perfect.

DemonSeed said:
On combining iprocin and oxyocodone, I layed down and did meditation for 2-3 hours and then I felt like moving and went outside and it was fun and did something with a friend later and it was great. It gave me energy and curiosity and made me relax at the same time. Perfect.

Really? That's very reassuring. It makes sense too- I usually don't want to roam until right before or after I've peaked, which would be around the same time with whatever opiate I took, right (as long as I ingested it orally)? I usually don't feel so much like puking if I've peaked already.

Oxycodone is one of the less sedating (almost stimulating in some) opiates, so it might mix better with psychedelics than the others. I hadn't considered that.

I snorted a l'il dope on the comedown of a 2-day acid trip lately. It was lovely. But as I said above, not particularly deep. What struck me as odd this time is that it brought out more open-eyed visuals, geometrics and such -- something that I had not experienced before. Interesing.

^^oh dont worry, ive done the really good hash

but in regards to ego, why would i need to take the edge off my ego if the LSD already caused my ego to die?

DeshRocket said:
oxycodone + lsd = biggest body high

that is personally my favorite combo. it sets in a nice relaxing tone to your trip and adds a HUGE element to your body.

i usually like to redose my oc throughtout my trip. maybe 80 mg at the start. 40 mg at the peak, another 40 for the comedown. but i have heavy opiate tolerance.
Man, that's one thing I got to try opiates and some sort of halluegene. ^^^^^ to the post directly above me, ever started to have a trip go back and felt panicy,anxious if when your at this point if you take a benzo and/or a opiate(can't say form first hand but it would make sense it would) make the trip a lot better because you calm down a lot.

I think kratom would be perfect opioid for this use, as it's organic and gives you sort of lucid feeling (not that other opioids don't, but particularly this feels more like going with psys).

Mushrooms and opiates

Would taking 3.5 grams of regular psilocybe cubensis and 2 pills of codiene with cold water extraction be a good or bad idea mind you i will be at a concert.

Have you taken mushrooms before at a concert, it can often be extra intense. Why would you want to add codeine - are they like 8-10 mg per pill? Do you just want to get extra high or take them as a mental cushion? In general people have taken opiates with psychedelics with enough success although I don't think they are particularly synergistic. It can make it more comfortable but I find codeine a bit too weak and dirty for that to be true here. I take one or two of such pills for general minor aches, to help out with a whole number of things... but in your case I think it depends on what your reasoning is. For example I don't think it will make the fact that doing mushrooms at a concert can often be intense go away just like that.

Exactly. G is where it's at (for a cushion), but I'm not going to reckommend that to a dude that doesn't know jack about narcotics. Seriously, he'd probably OD.