• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Cannabis

I quite like this chart: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:TheJamerson#Psychoactive_drug_chart

Cannabis has such a large variety of effects, which is why it's hard to classify it. It's the depressant effects that make it synergise well with benzos/alcohol/opiates/etc - you'll notice though when combining it with depressants that the strange thought trains and such are likely to cease or lesson. The same is true when combining benzos with psychedelics - you generally need quite a high dose to completely kill a trip, but they usually lessen the mindfuck before anything else.

That is a very helpful chart. And now that you mention the cessation of the thought trains when mixed with depressants, I see what you mean. Thanks for the explanation sir.

Merged two threads, I'm still astonished there are not more pre-existing threads on this.

Yes it is, but I don't buy that psychedelics are halfway in between hallucinogens and stimulants, it doesn't make sense IMO. There are plenty of psychedelics that are more sedating that stimulating. MDMA falls into the anti-psychotic category?
I think the effort is absolutely great and there are a lot of things right and intriguing about it but some of them are bullshit if you ask me.

Anyway yes cannabis belongs in the middle. Well put. Again I have my doubts about that working as an anti-psychotic though.

The chart is most appropriate for the relatively uninitiated perhaps?

Not the topic though.

^ Definitely agreed. Quite a few things on that chart don't seem right to me, but I mostly use it when people ask what class Cannabis belongs under, as it's really such a unique plant in having so many different effects, and very hard to classify.

I've actually only ever smoked synthetic cannabinoids while tripping - and even that was only a couple of times. JWH-081 felt like a typical indica to me so I imagine the combination with a real indica would be similar, it helped relieve some of the anxiety - and didn't actually make the trip any more intense. I have smoked weed on the comedown of 6-APB but I wouldn't really count that, and it mostly just brought back the stimulation that had almost faded, which is unusual for weed, but not too surprising since it was a sativa that I was smoking.

I think a sativa would synergise with 4-AcO-DMT or another 4-sub tryptamine though very well as I find the headspace quite similar, just more comparable to smoking way too much rather than your usual amount.

Uhm sorry for digging up this ancient thread, it was the only one I found on the topic and felt like my question didn't really warrant a new thread.

Does anybody have experience with combining oral cannabis and psychedelics? I have been thinking about that lately, I think my most likely choice would be 2C-E.

I loved using cannabis while on LSD.

I did not enjoy it while on mushrooms, as it made everything confusing and just very strange.

Uhm sorry for digging up this ancient thread, it was the only one I found on the topic and felt like my question didn't really warrant a new thread.

Does anybody have experience with combining oral cannabis and psychedelics? I have been thinking about that lately, I think my most likely choice would be 2C-E.
I ate a buncha pot cookies on my last 2c-b trip, only thing I would worry about was the gut feel. I ate the coomies onfe I made ot past the come up in order to avoid extra nausea. I enjoyed but I was also smoking periodically too. It really mellowed out the trip because the cookies were super stoney. We put 36gs of half nug half shake of some sweettooth. The strain taste came through really strong, but it worked well as it was really sweet obviously!

So not really potentiating each other that much? I mean compared to just smoking weed?

Because oral cannabis (hash cacao) tends to be pretty psychedelic for me on it's own. Depending on dose obviously, but when I dose orally it tends to be rather high.

A couple months ago I had an edible along with some LSD and 4-AcO-DMT. The edible was too damn strong, though, and it made the trip a bit unpleasant. It's harder to control exactly how high you get with edibles than it is with smoking or vaping.

Smoking cannabis with psychedelics permanently ruined it for me. But I look at that as a good thing as I probably wouldn't be where I am today without losing the weed habit. Although my acid trip from hell after smoking a joint wasn't a good thing, but a learning thing I suppose.

15mg of 2C-E with a 8th of green maybe be the best way to spend a summers afternoon, bottle of whiskey optional. The cannabis sends the headspace into the stratosphere and it easily makes one of the most visual combos.

I've pretty much smoked cannabis for the majority of my psychedelic experiences. Usually i like to wait until right after the peak and it brings the intensity back up a notch.

I'm a pretty heavy daily weed smoker so i never really have issues with anxiety personally if mix it with LSD or Mushrooms. I find that it adds a certain character to the trip that i would miss without it, also it helps with nausea.