• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Benzo's

^ 5-10 mg range, depending on severity of anxiety / palpitations -- of Propranolol, that is.

Last time I had a mushroom trip, I was already feeling very uneasy. I took a single 10 mg valium (I have no benzo tolerance), and it certainly didn't stop my trip. At the very most it took a slight edge off the thoughts that were racing through my head. The visuals were still very strong.

There is absolutely no way of knowing what effect the valium had on your trip. Mushroom trips are particularly variable, even as far as psychedelics go, considering that you're eating an unknown dosage of an unknown handful of tryptamines.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the psychedelic effects of LSD thought to be caused by activation of the 5ht2a receptor exciting the CNS with glutamate?

Wouldn't activation of GABA through xanax inhibit lots of things that LSD started?

^ 5-10 mg range, depending on severity of anxiety / palpitations -- of Propranolol, that is.

Ahhh... I think they gave me like 20 or something...

Oh and to add to the report...

Klonopin - NO affect on stimulation or trip of AMT. Up to 3mg produced no noticeable change in anxiety, conceived or real heart rate, or dulling of the trip.

honestly i have no idea why it does that. Its not anxiety cause ive tripped on very high doses many many times. Its weird after i railed like 20 mgs of 2ce from then on whenever i smoked pot or did L my heart rate goes crazy. But its not anxiety i feel good at the beginning but as soon as it starts beating really hard thats when i get worried. And its not like im even tripping hard ive tripped way way harder it just randomly starts going off, it gets so bad my legs and arms become numb because blood is pumping so fast it doesnt reach them, i have cold sweats and my fingers are freezing. They sometimes even turn blue and i literally feel so bad the thought of death comes into my mind. Ive tripped at least 50+ times on all sorts of psy so i dont know why its happening

After taking 7 doses of 2C-I over 5 months 16-20mg. I have felt a left over Stimulant feeling that comes on when I smoke cannabis. Much more than I ever realized before, it's like my fight or flight just takes off and acts like I'm on ritalin.

Is this similar to what you are experiencing? I wrote a thread here about this @ http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=524441

Sounds pretty similar. Are your ADHD by chance?

Any known risk factors combining Propranolol with psychedelics? (or related to Propranolol in general?)

Palpitation sounds similar to what I was experiencing; awareness of stimulation would lead to panic. Never to any extent of blue limbs, but certainly enough to make for a difficult trip.

I'm hoping that my better understanding of this phenomena will alone help prevent it from happening again in the first place, rather than having to rely on other chemicals. I'm kind of tempted to try 2C-E again, starting at 5mg and building up slowly this time and see if things go better. Also interested in trying something like shrooms, which are said to be sedating.

My stimulation got REALLY bad after 2C-I for a long time too... Interesting.

MagickalKat777, how long did the stimulation effect last for, or do you still have it? Its interesting this can happen after the 2c's. Especially 2c-i.

It doesn't happen to me as much on regular headie weed, but if it's like 707 Headband or some good GDP, it can get a little much. I recently heard back some of the Grand Daddy Purple hash i was smoking was like 40%+ thc, which could also been part of what I experienced.

But seriously there is a left over stimulation feeling for me, from 2c-i. I can see it in my writing and other tasks, it's like I no longer need to take Ritalin, and the body load isn't as strong as Ritalin, but there is still a stimulant body load at times..

MagickalKat777 can you elaborate more on your symptoms after 2c-i?

After taking 7 doses of 2C-I over 5 months 16-20mg. I have felt a left over Stimulant feeling that comes on when I smoke cannabis. Much more than I ever realized before, it's like my fight or flight just takes off and acts like I'm on ritalin.

Is this similar to what you are experiencing? I wrote a thread here about this @ http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=524441

Sounds pretty similar. Are your ADHD by chance?

idk i never checked or anything i come from a strict russian family so ADHD doesnt exist lol. You get discipline and you have no problems or disorders. But maybe lol

Well ADHD does exist, but stimulants should calm you down as well i find benzos do the same. I have anxiety issues too however. But I agree, after a big trip, you can smoke a bong a day later and get a way different high than normal.

but i use benzos to start a trip, the worst for me is the come up anxiety, doesn't affect the trip visually for me but i do lose the anxious sort of weirdness that comes with the 2c-x drugs.

now benzos plus dxm is a differernt story, i've found divine bliss with this combo, because dxm does give me a lot of anxiety. I take benadryl with it as well for the nausea. They come up isn't bad, sometimes i just transition into the trip and it is still always intense as the trip should be for the dose i am taking. (anyone else find dxm gets you higher than almost anything out there???)

Well ADHD does exist, but stimulants should calm you down as well i find benzos do the same. I have anxiety issues too however. But I agree, after a big trip, you can smoke a bong a day later and get a way different high than normal.

but i use benzos to start a trip, the worst for me is the come up anxiety, doesn't affect the trip visually for me but i do lose the anxious sort of weirdness that comes with the 2c-x drugs.

now benzos plus dxm is a differernt story, i've found divine bliss with this combo, because dxm does give me a lot of anxiety. I take benadryl with it as well for the nausea. They come up isn't bad, sometimes i just transition into the trip and it is still always intense as the trip should be for the dose i am taking. (anyone else find dxm gets you higher than almost anything out there???)

i don't know if you even read what I've been saying, but i get a crazy high even 3 months after a big trip in which i mentioned after taking 2ce. But mainly we haven't even been discussing 2c-x with benzo but LSD instead. Also IMO ADHD is a made up mental disorder for children without certain discipline from their parents. This 'disorder' is used to make money for pharmaceutical companies that produce adderal aka (meth amphetamine salts)

Imanuel2012,

Hey, I found someone else who was having similar symptoms as you from 2C-I, but first... ADHD is a real neurologically detectable Physiological condition. However, it is true that there are many mis-diagnosis of it due to it's nature as well as for the sale of stimulants. However, people with ADHD (not ADD) have a much higher amount of dopamine transporters than others. This means they have lots of thoughts going on at once, which makes it easier to multitask or jump to something else before you finish something. It generally creates a lack of available dopamine, since the extra dopamine transporters use up more dopamine than other brains, leaving a small amount of left over dopamine for new mental processes. Ritalin flood synapses with extra dopamine, and traps them in the synapses (closes the doors) so they can't leave but keep increasing. This is a somewhat effective solution to provide new dopamine to handle all the transporters and new mental tasks.

However, it is overload and had many side effects. Cannabis also creates extra dopamine that can be sent to the synapses related to ADHD, however it allows for Dopamine Modulation instead of "closing the doors" like ritalin. The dopamine modulation allows for forward and backward feedback so each area can choose how much it needs, rather than getting flooded with unregulated dopamine. Cannabis also has so many fewer side effects than Ritalin, so I've been using it for a safer treatment.

This is why, the left over after effects of 2C-I bringing back a stimulant, fast heart rate, muscle spasm / muscle shaking bodyload with strong enough weeds. Something that was not present anywhere like this before.

User: (otown78)
2ci and high blood pressure????
ever since i took 2ci my blood pressure has shot off the charts especially for someone my age. i haven’t taken it for about a month but my heart hurts a lot and i went to one of those blood pressure things in Eckerd’s and it was over all the high marks. i have always had low blood pressure until now. anyone ever heard of this?? or had it happen to them?? did it get better?? thanx alot

Last edited:
Alprazolam + Psilocybin mushrooms?

Hey everyone, so mushroom season is almost here... well nearly almost. I have tripped a few times, mushrooms and LSD. I like the mushrooms better because they are free for one and they don't last as long. I usually get really anxious while tripping mainly because I talk myself into getting anxious because its so easy to turn from heaven to hell. I have some Xanax on its way. I should have some 1mg bars. Has anyone taken Xanax before a mushroom trip? If so, how long before the mushrooms re consumed should the xanax be consumed, how much xanax should be taken for the naive and what are the effects like?

take 0.5mg as you eat the mushrooms, then take another 0.5mg ~30 minutes after they hit you if you're worried about being anxious.

Just knowing you have zannies will take away enormous pressure. The security of feeling like you can pull yourself back in if you NEED to makes you just so much more like NOT to need to.

I don't like to take them before. I get a sloppy feeling with the shrooms coming on at the same time the zannie is coming on. I take the shrooms first. Since I started making sure to benzo down any harshness, I don't have harsh journeys. The effect of the pill being in my wallet is on my sense of wellness. When I feel genuinely well and safe, I have a really wonderful time.

I'm not trying to say it's "all in your head" so please don't think I'm disrespecting you. I only want to offer my experience to be helpful.

Ya xanax is a great emergancy pill for mushrooms. To bad I can't get any to keep in my wallet in case of bad trip

Gonna shift this over to PD as it is really a question about tripping on mushrooms.

Nope my people are Benzo free. Last time I tried buying a benzo I got a solid pink pill which turned out to be benadryl :X

Last edited:
Just knowing you have zannies will take away enormous pressure. The security of feeling like you can pull yourself back in if you NEED to makes you just so much more like NOT to need to.

I don't like to take them before. I get a sloppy feeling with the shrooms coming on at the same time the zannie is coming on. I take the shrooms first. Since I started making sure to benzo down any harshness, I don't have harsh journeys. The effect of the pill being in my wallet is on my sense of wellness. When I feel genuinely well and safe, I have a really wonderful time.

I'm not trying to say it's "all in your head" so please don't think I'm disrespecting you. I only want to offer my experience to be helpful.

this has been my experience as well. Knowing you can take an anti-anxiety med if your trip starts to turn bad is usually enough to keep it from turning that way. Plus if you take them beforehand you'll really dull the trip.