• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Benzo's

i made the mistake of taking .5mg of xanax an hour before taking 300mg of DXM
i felt a minor vibration in my body and very very very slight alteration in vision, but realized i fucked up and killed my trip before it even began

Benzo's if anything help abort trips or at least really calm them down to the point where there nothing special (dose dependant of course)

In the interest of harm reduction, if you are really experiencing a drastic increase in heart rate from LSD I would either take a smaller dose or not take it at all. Do you have any problems with your heart otherwise? When was the last time you went to the doctor for a check-up?

LSD is a stimulant. Some "edge" or minor anxiety is a normal aspect of the drug's primary effects, and if you are taking other drugs to mitigate that then I don't see much point in taking it in the first place.

no i really dont. I have an extremely healthy heart and i have a very healthy diet i mean i run 5 miles 3 times a week and work out. The only thing i can think of is maybe my body had some sort of reaction after i snorted 20-25 mgs of 2ce idk probably not but for some reason after that experience shit started happening. Im gonna dose with xanax and see how it goes if this thread is still alive by than ill post what happens:\

No hurt in trying it. But something makes me doubt that it's really possible to get anything out of the psychedelic experience if it has to compete with the (literal) neural slowdown of a depressant like Xanax.

Have you measured it with a monitor? Tripping out of your mind and trying to gauge your heart rate with your fingers on your neck isn't the most reliable method of measurement. ;)

No hurt in trying it. But something makes me doubt that it's really possible to get anything out of the psychedelic experience if it has to compete with the (literal) neural slowdown of a depressant like Xanax.

Have you measured it with a monitor? Tripping out of your mind and trying to gauge your heart rate with your fingers on your neck isn't the most reliable method of measurement. ;)

i totally understand where you're coming from but it was definitely above 160 no doubt. I go to the gym and feel my heart all the time when its at 160,170,180 and its all very similar if not slower than the LSD trip. I mean i love tripping and im not gonna take so much that it dumbs down my trip i totally want a spiritual deep thinking LSD mindfuck lol

Personally i dont think you should be dropping L or any psychedelic in that case if you have to take a xanax. The psychedelic experience is pure.

The rush/edge of it is half of the experience. The ego loss and everything included is to make you appreciate your life in the normal state of mind. Taking a xanax only addicts you furthur into drugs. Its pointless to do such a thing.

Its true. I remember hearing about that lithium shit that stops your trip right away. Its like cheating your self out of the knowledgeable learning experience brought on by a psychedelic.

The problem is some of us HAVE to take these - they're daily prescriptions and have been for a long period of time... I'm going on 5 years on benzos...

i totally understand where you're coming from but it was definitely above 160 no doubt. I go to the gym and feel my heart all the time when its at 160,170,180 and its all very similar if not slower than the LSD trip.

Understood. If you're having problems with a racing heart, but you don't want to take a downer like Xanax (which, believe me, you don't), you need to get a prescription for a betablocker like Propranolol. Ten milligrams or so will calm your palpitations right down, leaving very little to no trace of psychological (nor physiological, for that matter) side-effect. Your doctor probably won't have any issues giving you the prescription, as betablockers have zero potential for recreational abuse.

Seriously? How much were you taking? At low dosages, it calms down physiological responses to anxiety attacks really effectively with absolutely no discernible side effect IME.

I don't know what the dose was - they gave it to me at the psych hospital - but it clouded my head and gave me palps.

Hmm. Must've been quite a bit, to lower your BP enough to cloud your head.

I'd still recommend it for the aforementioned purposes, however, since negative side effects at anxiolytic dosages seem quite rare.

no i really dont. I have an extremely healthy heart and i have a very healthy diet i mean i run 5 miles 3 times a week and work out. The only thing i can think of is maybe my body had some sort of reaction after i snorted 20-25 mgs of 2ce idk probably not but for some reason after that experience shit started happening. Im gonna dose with xanax and see how it goes if this thread is still alive by than ill post what happens:\

I'm interested to hear if you find any solutions to your situation. I have had a couple difficult heart-racing experiences with the more stimulating chems as well. First 2C-E (17 mg oral), as well as a 5-MeO-DALT +2C-C combination. Interestingly, on the later, I managed to reverse the anxiety by breathing differently. Here's the TR:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=523679

I'm still a little bit concerned about this in future trips though. It seemed to occur for no apparent reason. Definitely want to have xanax on hand just in case in the future, though I'd rather not have to rely on it. I also noticed that for the past week since that trip, I became slightly more prone to brief jolts of anxiety, (like a sudden wave of heat that you feel in your chest). I'm a very chill person and I've never felt that before, except on those 2 trips. I haven't felt it as much the past couple days at least. I'm still taking a break from psychs for a bit though.

So maybe it's just as simple as adjusting your breathing? (thru your nose, and not excessively) Curious to hear your thoughts on this.

Its true. I remember hearing about that lithium shit that stops your trip right away. Its like cheating your self out of the knowledgeable learning experience brought on by a psychedelic.

Very wrong and dangerous information.

Lithium drastically potentiates LSD, not stops it, and it can cause fugue states and seizures, among other nasties. It's an extremely dangerous combo.

You are probably thinking of the use of an anti-psychotic like chlorpromazine (Thorazine) or haloperidol (Haldol), which will likely abort the "behavioral toxicity" of the trip but by no means would lead to a pleasant comedown.

Benzos are the best bet to stop an overly intense or bad experience

That being said, dosing with benzos does take something away from the trip. Sometimes, that something is something you could do without, like a great deal of anxiety or manic grandiosity; sometimes, it is the someting that you seek. YMMV.

I'm interested to hear if you find any solutions to your situation. I have had a couple difficult heart-racing experiences with the more stimulating chems as well. First 2C-E (17 mg oral), as well as a 5-MeO-DALT +2C-C combination. Interestingly, on the later, I managed to reverse the anxiety by breathing differently. Here's the TR:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=523679

I'm still a little bit concerned about this in future trips though. It seemed to occur for no apparent reason. Definitely want to have xanax on hand just in case in the future, though I'd rather not have to rely on it. I also noticed that for the past week since that trip, I became slightly more prone to brief jolts of anxiety, (like a sudden wave of heat that you feel in your chest). I'm a very chill person and I've never felt that before, except on those 2 trips. I haven't felt it as much the past couple days at least. I'm still taking a break from psychs for a bit though.

So maybe it's just as simple as adjusting your breathing? (thru your nose, and not excessively) Curious to hear your thoughts on this.
you know i have no idea man i try that its helpful but only for a bit. I understand people saying that i shouldnt take it for the ego loss bla bla bla but seriously its not a matter of ego loss its my heart lol. And im sure just calming my anxiety wont abort the trip completely or not give me a good experience

^ Calming your anxiety won't have any effect on the trip, IF you use beta-blockers rather than benzodiazepines.

Last time I had a mushroom trip, I was already feeling very uneasy. I took a single 10 mg valium (I have no benzo tolerance), and it certainly didn't stop my trip. At the very most it took a slight edge off the thoughts that were racing through my head. The visuals were still very strong.