• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Amphetamines

DXM and amphetamines

You can't relate what happens with DXM and amphetamine with any of the 5-HT hallucinogens, as DXM is an NMDA antagonist (dissociative), and a weird one at that. The best analogy I can think of for amphetamines and "classic" psychedelics is that amphetamine is like adding nitrous injection to a car engine: faster, more intense, but not for everyone.

ive only had one experience with mixing amphtimine with lsd, and both were in low doses. i took one microdot, (the microdots i had were low dosage lsd), and one 20mg adderall xr. i ingested the adderal around one hour prior to dropping the 'cid, and then i went out to a music event with a few friends. we smoked a small bowl prior to entering the event, and everything seemed alright. i had mild trippy feelings, some clv's and limited amounts of oev's. however, i felt more focused and talkative throughout the entire trip. i ussually, become more introverted than ussual on psychedelics. overall, i would say it was an ok trip, but i would think that on larger dosages of 'cid i would become panicy. adderall occasionally makes me feel like im on the verge of a panic attack, so clearly mixing a decent amount of amphetimine and lsd would not work out well for me.

peace.

2c-c + amphetamines...

I know that some substances (2ct2) are reported to drastically increase the effects of stimulants.

I plan on doing 2c-c about 6-8 hours after ingesting 15mg Dexedrine + 15mg Adderall (not quite into 'tweak' range, just into energetic/mood lift range, slightly above a therapeutic dose for me, just to get through work). They are XR formulations, but even crushing/fucking around with bases and acids and whatnot, I can NEVER get them equal to an IR formulation, so I will be feeling aftereffects, not quite even into comedown zone yet.

Is there any danger in this, is 2cc similar to 2ct2 in messing with stimulants?

2C-C has such a wonderfully gentle, relaxing, bodyfeeling. I can't imagine amphetamine making it any better, I personally think it will result in unpleasant feelings. Why not skip the adderall that day, and get the most pleasure possible from 2C-C? It sure is one of my favorites.

I've tried quite a few 2C's with amphetamine, but unlike quite a few 2C's, 2C-C does not mix that well with amphetamine. The laid-back nature is removed , and in doing that, the rest of the psychedelic nature suffers. I thought that the combo might be MDA like, but was a bit disappointed.

Amphetamine tends to mix best with the 2C's that have more of a stimulant quality about them (like 2C-D).

I've never seen anything about 2C-T-2 increasing the effects of stimulants; where did you read that, as I'm very curious now?

2C-E the day after taking Amphetamines

I'll start off by saying that I am prescribed 15mg Adderall XR's for ADD. I only normally take them when I really need them for studying and such. I hate the XR's, so I normally crush up the beads into a very fine powder, and I put the powder back into the capsule to swallow it, or I just swallow the powder itself. For study, I normally only take half (7.5mgs) and then another half around an hour and a half later. However, sometimes I tend to get a little out of hand, as I really love speed.

So, maybe about once a month I end up either starting with my normal study dose, and then I just won't quit throughout the day, or I'll just start using them recreationally from the beginning. It seems like the more I take in the beginning, the more I want. If I take 7.5mgs initially and 7.5mgs later, I'll be fine, but if I take 15-30mgs initially, I can't get enough. Yesterday I ended up taking 90mgs in a matter of 7-8 hours (not an abnormal dose for me). I ended up taking .75mgs of Alprazolam (Xanax), 15mgs of Clorazepate (Tranxene), and 10mgs of Oxycodone (Percocet) spaced out over a few hours to get to sleep.

Anyhow, I was planning on using 2C-E today at 20mgs (I have prior experience at 6mgs, 12mgs, and 16mgs), but I am slightly nervous, partly because of the dose of 2C-E, and partly because I feel the normal "pressure" in my chest that you get after taking alot of Amphetamines, and I can tell that my heart is still under a bit of stress. Does anyone think this is a bad day for me to use 2C-E under these conditions? I used 2C-B a couple weeks ago after doing the same thing, though I didn't take quite as much Amphetamines the day before. I think I might have had 45-60mgs at the most.

I am planning on eating well this morning, taking vitamins, and relaxing before I go on my journey planned for around 3:30PM. I got a reasonable night sleep, but I am planning on taking an hour nap before I trip today. Basically the reason for my post is to ask if anyone has any experience with this or something similar or if anyone thinks that it is not a wise idea. I don't see too much of a problem with it, but I want to be sure that it isn't going to cause too much stress on my cardiovascular system.

I've taken 30 mg of amphetamine and 15mg of 2C-E at the same time, it was a really fast anf furious come up, but I never got any hint that I was getting rapid heart beat (well no more than 15mg of 2C-E on its own), and although I'm not prescribed amphetamines, I do really like it, so it's not as if I'm not accustomed to the effects.

I'm noy you though, and if in the past, you've felt uncomfortable, I'd listen to what your body is telling you

you know Piper methysticum
if you have only taken 16mg of 2c-e; 20mg is going to be twice a strong or stronger then your 16mg experience! Be prepared for a strong ride indeed. Make sure you had good sleep before you take it.

Sleep deprivation from speed use may/would not make for a good 2c-e trip
cheers

I am fully aware of the intensity of the 2C-E experience. 16mgs was twice as strong as 12mgs, though I still felt as if I could go higher and still gain more. I am a very experienced psychedelic user. I can guarantee that 2C-E would never provide as much spiritual fear as my high dose mushroom voyages.

I don't take 2C-E lightly. It is a very powerful psychedelic that isn't exactly "fun." It is a tool for me. It is definitely a psychedelic as powerful, as unique, and has as much quality as my other favorite semi-synthetics (LSD, MDA, and 4-HO-MiPT).

I feel a little worn at the moment, so I'm probably going to try to get some sleep. I guess I'll just see how I feel when this afternoon rolls along. I definitely want to get the most out of the experience, and I don't want to cause any physical distress on my body due to lack of sleep, nutrition, and residual Amphetamine effects.

Well, I ended up taking 18mgs. ..All I have to say is wow! 2C-E is not a game. LOL. I scared myself shitless tonight, but man did I gain a respect for that drug. I am going to write a trip report for it entitled "Walking in the Footsteps of My Own Delusions."

beta-hydroxy phenethylamines/amphetamines

This is a family I am interested in, being the ephedrine geek I am. Has there ever been any decent psychedelics spawning from it? Shulgin seems to have little interest in these compounds (I guess because of the vascular effects and reduced potency caused by lack of lipid solubility..), but shouldn't the DOX analogues be fairly potent?

I believe the problem with these phenethylamines is that they do not cross the BBB easily, and that is why much of their effects are peripheral.

I could be wrong.

Yeah, that's a problem with 2c-x analogues because of the lack of potency (the doses for a beta-hydroxy 2c-b would probably be over 100 mg...), but with something like a DOB analogue, my guess is that the dose should be more reasonable.

I'm just mostly going by the reasoning that ephedrine is fairly potent (to me) at 25 milligrams, and it's the beta-hydroxy version of methamphetamine, which usually has a dose orally of 5 mg.

The beta hydroxy group, along with the 2,5-dimethoxy ring substituents mean that it has serious effects on blood pressure (see the entry for BODH in PIHKAL). There is a ring substituted, beta hydroxyamphetamine used in medicine called methoxamine (if I remember correctly, it's 2,5-dimethoxy-beta-hydroxyamphetamine), but it's also used as a pressor (blood pressure) agent.

The beta methoxy derivatives of DOx compounds are well with the investigation though, as they are at least equipotent.

yeah, the beta-methoxy analogues seemed interesting too...

edit: does ephedrine cause similar negative pressor effects? is it more dangerous than methamphetamine?
The way shulgin steers away from beta-hydroxy amphetamines makes me a little uneasy about ephedrine use..

2nd edit: also, anyone know anything about activity of beta-ethoxy PEA/A's? If they are even stable compounds...

Last edited:
There's a recent article by Glennon on such compounds:

J Med Chem. 2004 Nov 18;47(24):6034-41.

Beta-oxygenated analogues of the 5-HT2A serotonin receptor agonist 1-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane.

Glennon RA, Bondarev ML, Khorana N, Young R, May JA, Hellberg MR, McLaughlin MA, Sharif NA.

Department of Medicinal Chemistry, Box 980540, School of Pharmacy, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA.

Activation of 5-HT(2A) serotonin receptors represents a novel approach to lowering intraocular pressure. Because 5-HT(2A) serotonin receptor agonists might also produce undesirable central effects should sufficient quantities enter the brain, attempts were made to identify 5-HT(2) serotonin receptor agonists with reduced propensity to penetrate the blood-brain barrier. 1-(4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropan-1-ol (6), an analogue of the 5-HT(2) serotonin receptor agonist 1-(4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane (DOB; 1a) bearing a benzylic hydroxyl group, was identified as a candidate structure. Of the four optical isomers of 6, the 1R,2R-isomer (6d; K(i) = 0.5 nM) was found to bind at 5-HT(2A) receptors with an affinity similar to that of R(-)DOB (K(i) = 0.2 nM). Like R(-)DOB, 6d behaved as a partial agonist (efficacy ca. 50%) in a 5-HT(2)-mediated calcium mobilization assay. However, in an in vivo test of central action (i.e., stimulus generalization with rats as subjects), 6d was >15 times less potent than R(-)DOB. O-Methylation of 6d (i.e., 7d; 5-HT(2A) K(i) = 0.3 nM) resulted in an agent that behaved as a full (93% efficacy) agonist. Intraocular administration of 300 microg of 6d and 7d to ocular hypertensive monkeys was shown to reduce intraocular pressure by 20-27%. Given the route of administration (i.e., topical), and concentrations necessary to reduce intraocular pressure, compounds such as 6d should demonstrate minimal central effects at potentially useful therapeutic doses and offer useful leads for further development.

PMID: 15537358

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15537358

Last edited: