• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & Alcohol

Yeah I used to drink a lot, and I've stopped pretty much completely for almost a year. Not waking up in the morning feeling like shit is worth SO much to me now. Hangovers are pretty stiff punishment for having a good time honestly..:\

Quitting drinking is like hitting a magical "make life ten times easier button." I haven't gotten in any trouble since I quit drinking, I've felt 10x better, I think faster, I'm calmer and more centered. Feels good man. %)

I hope to stop someday too , Ive slowed down a lot

I dont have more than 6 drinks most days :\

I drink far too much. Feels bad, man. As I believe da yoots are prone to say :\

On mushies I find alcohol is similar to ciggies for me - I'll either be mad for it or repulsed by it. Can go either way so sometimes I'll drink like a fish with an alcohol problem and other times the whole thought of alcohol disgusts me.

PS: I'll change the title of your thread to make it more descriptive :)

Drinking on psychedelics is my preferred method...
I'm a sucker for the booze though.

I'm one of those people that will take a bump of coke just so I can drink a few more beers.

I have done acid a few times. Only once with booze (around about a 6 pack) and that was my best experience of all.

wine really washes out the taste. Plus, you can cook some of the shrooms with some garlic, especially if they're fresh. Spare me your crap about heat and dilution... we've all heard it before :)

first time i ever took shrooms, i was drinking beers 45 minutes in as i began to feel them kick in. compared to my second experience, my first one was much more mental and very little visual. the second experience i was tripping balls and the breathing and moving of everything was incredible.

both times i took an 8th

tldr - shrooms + beer = calm mental trip
shrooms alone = highly visual tripping balls experience

i had anywhere from 3-6 beers my first time on shrooms, i can't remember if me and my friend split a six pack or if we each got one, i'm leaning on that we each got one

In regard to this question, I will try to give you a concise answer. Tonight I went out with friends, and had a few drinks. I had four beers and two shots to be precise. I stopped drinking about 2 hours ago, but I know that the alcohol isn't out of my system 100%. As of right now, I am reading this article, and I am taking the mushrooms as we speak. Not tea, or any alcohol solution with them, just eating them, while the alcohol is still in my bloodstream. The article is here: http://voices.yahoo.com/what-happens-mix-mushrooms-alcohol-10560135.html And despite the warnings, I am going to go for it. More to follow---

-Ian

Drinking then doing shrooms

I'm not very experienced with shrooms. I've only done it twice, once just 4 grams. The other time I drank a mickey then on the way to the club my friend tossed me a shroom cap. So I took it and wow I came up at the club and it was almost as intense as the first few times I tried mdma. This was obviously more potent than the other shrooms I tried but I'm wondering what the alcohol had as an effect. I had an amazing time, body high was outta this world and was happy as ever.

Reason I'm asking is because when i researched this 90% of people said they didn't enjoy it or advised against it. Now I plan on drinking a little over a quarter of a 2/6 then taking some shrooms. Was wondering what a good amount would be from some of the more experienced people here. The last two times I tried them I was surprised at the stimulation I got from them and I was dancing like crazy at the club. Cause I hear the higher you go the less stimulating and more trippy it gets, so what would be a good amount to take to get a nice buzz going? I got 12 grams but just split the stems from the caps cause I never got much out of the stems other times.

from your account I doubt that you had psychedelic mushrooms even once: "just 4 grams" is enough to send most people to hyperspace whereas "a shroom cap" of whatever specimen won't get you far.
plz see this from the harm reduction point of view before you chose to get drunk and eat 6 grams of semilanceata caps. ;)

Do you know what strain of mushrooms you have? Usually with cubensis, 1 - 2 grams will give me a 'less than tripping' experience.

So i took a little amount and got literally nothing. I was doing this as a test cause I want to get fucked up saturday but was upset with the results. I've come to the conclusion that these are wack and I'll probably end up eating the rest of the ten grams and see if it even does anything.

I'm not sure if taking mushrooms and drinking would be a good idea, they sound like a bad combo for the stomach, but lately I've enjoyed drinking a bit before tripping, smoking dmt in my case. The way I see it there really isn't a way you can be prepared for that state, but a few drinks can really take care of the anxiety I and others can sometimes get when about to go to hyperspace.

If your mushrooms are as inconsistent as you say then you should throw them straight into the bin. You do not want to find that the first time was just an anomaly and that the rest are of normal potency.