• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & Alcohol

yeah a few beers on the comedown & nice pipe maybe - just leave off the booze till you're definitely levelled out - or it can become confusing & muddled

This would completely fuck up my stomach 8( mushrooms fuck with my stomach enough by themselves. I just smoke :)

Changed said:
oh... how about smoking a bit of green on the comedown then having sex?

frankly, I'm a virgin, but somehow I've snagged the most beautiful girl and she is a sex maniac. should be a religious experience =D

Watch out for shrinkage! ;) Sounds like a hulluva time though.

Also, shrooms and alcohol work well together for me at least. They work especially well together on the comedown.

Last edited:
holy shit!

so we got there a little late, around 3. Setup the tent and got situated (this place was basically a giant maze of trails through the woods, leading to a large clearing surrounded by more woods).

Sat down with this dude, he looks just like Jerry Garcia. And, his first fucking name is Jerry! Dude has a gallon jug of orange juice, and with no particular measurements to speak off, starts filling an 8.oz cup full of juice for each person. He tells us "it is a strong batch," so my girlfriend is sort of anxious. I down it, and sit back to enjoy some rhythmic djembe drumming and some crazy ass story telling. After only 10 or 15 minutes my friend was feeling it, and I began to sense it too.

The sun was beating down on us with great ferocity, and we started to get some weird vibes from these people that meandered over to the drumming, so we went to chill at our tent. She is tripping balls at this point; later she told me she couldn't look at me because my face was melting. She laid down, kind of trying to calm herself, while I examined the swaying trees, the beautiful blue sky, and the neon blue and green moss underfoot. I decided to explore in the woods, and it was absolutely beautiful. The colors were outrageous.

She finally calmed down, so we headed to the clearing to relax in the sun with maybe 30 other people. I situated myself in a camping chair, just about as comfortable as could be. I simply closed my eyes and let the sun beat down on me; as this happened, there were innumerable geometric shapes and patterns forming in my mind. I didn't really know anybody there, so I simply closed my eyes and listened in on people's conversations. I had the ability to comprehend everything about each persons life, just based on a few sentences they said. I felt like I was Sigmund fucking Freud. The girl I've been hanging out with started to reveal a bit about her past and how she had a fucked up childhood. Great! I though. Another girl with a fucked up past, trying to find an outlet for her sorrow.

This ability to examine people was sort of getting on my nerves. I kind of gave that up, and just started talking to my friend. We had an intense conversation, making a connection on a higher level that just verbally. I'm normally not a great conversationalist, but I was spitting game better than the Wu Tang Clan. That went on for a bit, and then we just chilled by the fire and listened to some amazing live music. We fooled around for a bit in the tent, but didn't have sex. We did, however, connect on a deeper level than awkward sex could have offered. Tonight we'll be returning for more mayhem; perhaps I'll be fortunate enough to be given the magical orange mushrooms juice.

(All the while I was drinking beer. I had 2 before drinking the juice, and maybe 6 during the course of the trip. I can't say whether the beer helped or hurt, but it was defiantly an amazing experience. Coming down was almost instantaneous; when the sun dipped below the horizon, the trip was finished. This morning, I have no hangover to speak of, despite having only eaten a quesadilla from noon until bedtime.)

sorry for the essay/trip report. Just figured I'd post it here instead of there.

Thanks for the feedback, glad everything went well for you. Next time try shrooming without drinking any alcohol, it tends to decrease/kill the mind expanding properties and shits on the afterglow.

theWorldWithin said:
Thanks for the feedback, glad everything went well for you. Next time try shrooming without drinking any alcohol, it tends to decrease/kill the mind expanding properties and shits on the afterglow.

Yeah, the first time I dide shrooms was only 1.5 grams dry, and I didn't trip much at all, but the next day I was a completely different (more positive) person. This time, on a much larger dose, I don't feel quite the same spiritual insight as before (though it is still here, somewhat).

i used to drink em to calm me down for the come up. i would tell myself the sick feeling was from the beer and not the shrooms. then it would go away

Changed said:
alright, thats basically what I just read on the shroomery. I'll probably drink a brew or two and then chomp chomp`

Good thinking....I would advocate using usmall amounts of ethanol as opposed to a benzo or the like to ease the particualrly hard mushroom come-up. I had quite a battle this Friday gone; after ingesting 2dry grams of P. sub, within fiften minutes was SHOOOOOOOOTING to plus/minus 400000, accompanied by severe anxiety. A beer, drunk rather fast, soothed most of the kittering, and I nursed another beer for a short while as I began tripping. After that, its all fine though....

I wish I could consume larger doses of mushrooms without feeling like I'm falling ff a rollercoaster on the comeupp....I find if I make a tea of grind into caps and spread the dosing out, that I don't trip half as intensely even off a large amount of material. Then again, my stomach is always completely empty.

swilow said:
I wish I could consume larger doses of mushrooms without feeling like I'm falling ff a rollercoaster on the comeupp....I find if I make a tea of grind into caps and spread the dosing out, that I don't trip half as intensely even off a large amount of material. Then again, my stomach is always completely empty.

Thats one thing that we failed to remember: we drank the 8.oz juice down in about 2 gulps. I have a feeling if we even took 5 minutes to drink it, she wouldn't have had such a sudden come-up. I thoroughly enjoyed the intensity, and hope that I can again score some of the orange juice tonight as we return to the woods. <3

^Maybe get yur girl to space her doses out over an hour or two; I've enjoyed mushroom tea that way many times when I want a more gentle transition and milder effects of sorts....thats if she drinks of the Divine Orangefungii Juice again...have fun :)

Changed said:
Thats one thing that we failed to remember: we drank the 8.oz juice down in about 2 gulps. I have a feeling if we even took 5 minutes to drink it, she wouldn't have had such a sudden come-up. I thoroughly enjoyed the intensity, and hope that I can again score some of the orange juice tonight as we return to the woods. <3

did you dose yesterday or the day before? if so your orange mushroomjuice wont work. you need to space doses about a week apart. i ate 1g of potent mushrooms and had a strong trip, 2 dayslater ate 2g and felt nothing at all. tried again 4 days after the 2nd try and ate another 2g, felt barely anything. tollerance is quick and fast with mushrooms, and you gotta space it out at least 7 days at a time.

Avoid thinking that you can analyse and interpret people while you're tripping. While it may make you more perceptive and empathatic to feelings, you can often draw wrong conclusions.

Also, it sounded like you were annoyed at this girl who obviously wanted to get something off her chest. Fair enough, you might have wanted to enjoy your own trip, but if she's a friend....why the annoyance?

Last edited:
delta_9 said:
This would completely fuck up my stomach 8( mushrooms fuck with my stomach enough by themselves. I just smoke :)

what is it about mushrooms that fucks up your stomach? (this question is to everyone).

and does anyone here know whether it is safe to take mushrooms if you have gastritis or ulcers? i have asked this before but never got a satisfactory answer. i have done both mushrooms and alcohol (not together though) since developing my stomach problems and mushrooms actually made my stomach hurt worse than alcohol (which i no longer drink). so any more thoughts on whether it would be ok for me to take mushrooms or could they cause gi bleeding in someone who already had ulcers?

the only bad mushroom trip i ever had involved a large amount of alcohol. let me start by saying that mushrooms are by far my favorite psychedelic, in the last year i've eaten at least a pound of mushrooms. i've also been a somewhat of a heavy drinker. a couple of beers while your waiting to come up is usually really helpful, less anxiety, easier to relax, etc. just remember to keep hydrated. alcohol makes you dehydrated.

my bad experience involved chasing a quarter ounce of cyanescens with a fifth of jagermeister. i could not walk, became very depressed, and had a very hard time socializing. i came to the realize that life is just a dark comedy that has everyone laughing so hard that no one can pry themselves off the couch to get the gun that would end it all.

excessive alcohol doesn't go well with anything really.

psycosynthesis said:
Avoid thinking that you can analyse and interpret people while you're tripping. While it may make you more perceptive and empathatic to feelings, you can often draw wrong conclusions.

Also, it sounded like you were annoyed at this girl who obviously wanted to get something off her chest. Fair enough, you might have wanted to enjoy your own trip, but if she's a friend....why the annoyance?

all good points. I've definitely gotta learn to be... more accepting?

burn out said:
what is it about mushrooms that fucks up your stomach? (this question is to everyone).

and does anyone here know whether it is safe to take mushrooms if you have gastritis or ulcers? i have asked this before but never got a satisfactory answer. i have done both mushrooms and alcohol (not together though) since developing my stomach problems and mushrooms actually made my stomach hurt worse than alcohol (which i no longer drink). so any more thoughts on whether it would be ok for me to take mushrooms or could they cause gi bleeding in someone who already had ulcers?

Alcohol will directly irritate the stomach lining, mushrooms won't do any direct damage, but they might increase the production of stomach acid, which may irritate the stomach lining in turn.

Changed: psychedelics in general very commonly precipitate feelings of empathy and closeness, people revealing their deep secrets is par for the course, and something you might have to come to terms with if you're going to take them. :)

Changed said:
all good points. I've definitely gotta learn to be... more accepting?

Yeah, being accepting and compassionate are good qualities to have :). Also, remember to take any "insights" into others situations with a grain of salt. Insights into your own psyche are another mattter...

Peace.

burn out said:

I hypothesize that the undigestible structural material of mushrooms (e.g. chitin) plays a large role in mushroom nausea, though of course the alkaloid content is at least as important.

burn out said:

I would guess that mushrooms are contraindicated for gastritis/ulcers, but I don't know for sure. I think it's wise to listen to your body: if the mushrooms are making your stomach hurt more than booze, then it's probably not a good idea to do them. If you insist on doing mushrooms despite your gastrointestinal dysfunction, I would recommend making tea, because then you can extract most of the psychoactive constituents while filtering out the 99+% of the fungus that isn't what you want.

In my experience, mixing any above-threshold amount of alcohol with mushrooms will proportionally decrease the clarity of the trip. Thus, If you are looking for a truly mind-expanding experience, stay away from the booze.

burn out said:
They just upset my stomach a little I dont mean they completely fuck up my stomach. Maybe I shouldn't have worded it that way.
They just make me a bit nauseas but I've never puked form mushrooms.