• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [Combo Subthread] LSD & Alcohol

Why not try other "healthier combinations?"

Mixing alcohol with drugs is not really a good idea. But, drinking water or eating in between rounds of beer or alcohol can lessen your alcohol consumption.

alcohol, has many side effects and so with LSD. I think it will be wise to look for healthier drinks and new helpful habits that will improve a person's lifestyle, status and perspective.

Last time I combined just one beer with a good dose of acid, I stopped making any legible sense for the rest of the night but was having a lot of fun.
It was weird though, I noticed I would say things out loud almost as I was thinking them. I would just say words, and babbled a lot of silly shit.

Also yeah referring to what AppleCore was saying, I was getting super stoned all night as well. Perhaps the three don't mix as nice?

I smoke pot to take the sharp edge off of an LSD peak, but alcohol and LSD sound like a bad mix to me. I'm already glued to the floor from LSD when I take it, the idea of adding a depressant sounds awful. But... that's just my take on it.

Can't seem to get drunk while on LSD. Also the afterglow seems to negate any hangover I should by rights be suffering.

Alcohol + LSD?

I've googled it a fair bit, and many people advise against it, saying it weakens the trip.

What though if you've just had a small beer and glass of red wine? Then what if you took 300ug of LSD a little while after?

I'm tempted to try it, but worried that even a sort of low dose of alcohol will ruin the effects of the LSD.

Is it that you like alcohol so much or do you want to 'take the edge off' or something to that effect, anxiety related?

Personally when on LSD, I am much more sensitive to the fermented icky-ness of wine and beer, gives me a bloated stomache feeling and the idea that it keeps on fermenting or something like that. Of course if you first take the alcohol that is a little different.

As for the alcohol itself, I would not say it ruins the effect of LSD but compared to alcohol on its own I feel like there is much more emphasis on the dirty quality of being intoxicated by a poison. It is more messy and it is IMO a slap in the face of the beautiful and brilliant prismatic diamond clear-headedness qualities of LSD on the mind.
But 1 glass is not a lot, and 300 ug of LSD is a lot.

And an acid trip can not only be clear-headed but also chaotic and fucked up. Alcohol does not necessarily weaken the trip but significant quantities can steer the trip more in that chaotic direction which is not surprising if you think about it.

The physical feeling of the combo does not necessarily feel less spiritual, it can be very floaty... but it can be less meaningful and pure.
What alcohol does is reduce the resolution of your thoughts and amplify the power of the thoughts you do have. So a lot gets blocked and inhibited and some things that get through can get amplified. The total sum is therefore much less coherent.

I will merge your thread into our dedicated LSD & Alcohol combo subthread. :)

Last edited:
Is it that you like alcohol so much or do you want to 'take the edge off' or something to that effect, anxiety related?

Personally when on LSD, I am much more sensitive to the fermented icky-ness of wine and beer, gives me a bloated stomache feeling and the idea that it keeps on fermenting or something like that. Of course if you first take the alcohol that is a little different.

As for the alcohol itself, I would not say it ruins the effect of LSD but compared to alcohol on its own I feel like there is much more emphasis on the dirty quality of being intoxicated by a poison. It is more messy and it is IMO a slap in the face of the beautiful and brilliant prismatic diamond clear-headedness qualities of LSD on the mind.
But 1 glass is not a lot, and 300 ug of LSD is a lot.

And an acid trip can not only be clear-headed but also chaotic and fucked up. Alcohol does not necessarily weaken the trip but significant quantities can steer the trip more in that chaotic direction which is not surprising if you think about it.

The physical feeling of the combo does not necessarily feel less spiritual, it can be very floaty... but it can be less meaningful and pure.
What alcohol does is reduce the resolution of your thoughts and amplify the power of the thoughts you do have. So a lot gets blocked and inhibited and some things that get through can get amplified. The total sum is therefore much less coherent.

I will merge your thread into our dedicated LSD & Alcohol combo subthread. :)

Thanks so much! I decided to leave it in the end. I think I might get a similar "icky" feeling if I mixed it.

The reason I was thinking of mixing it was because I often get anxiety, which can lead to ruining the trip.

I think next time though I'll just do what I did last time and take some valium beforehand. Didn't really dull the trip, and the diminished anxiety made the whole experience MUCH better.