• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [Combo Subthread] LSD & Alcohol

I once took a hit of acid totally drunk and I hardly remember anything. The moments that stuck in my mind are very pleasant though. Very sexual.
Other than that, I don't drink on LSD. No need imo.

i just can't comprehend why people drink ethanol at any time or place

Booze can definitely help make a trip trend toward the light-hearted and giggly, especially in a social environment. Other than that, sometimes I'll have a lil' when I ingest whatever pysch I'm taking, to mitigate any troublesome come up anxiety, and I might drink some while coming down as well.

i just can't comprehend why people drink ethanol at any time or place

what other drug has calories and nutritional properties? You are getting a 2 for 1 deal when you buy beer or wine; it is liquid sustenance, tastes delicious, and you can literally live on it since it's just bread in a can with a little kick. And most importantly, it's cheap and it gets you fucked up.

If you can't understand this, you will never understand alcohol.

Beer tastes nice, but wine sucks. Perhaps I need to try good wine.
Alcohol is far from being my favourite substance, and I enjoy it only in high doses, otherwise its effects just plain sucks.

So, my question is, how high doses of alchohol does combine with psychedelics?

it's hardly "nutritious" though you don't want to be creating your body out of that disgusting stuff. It makes you gain flab around your core, not to mention putting strain on every organ. It's also carcinogenic and has a horribly detrimental effect on society as a whole for many reasons. It also leaves you feeling like you're on your deathbed, if it doesn't yet then just wait, cause the more you abuse the worse hangovers become. Having any more than a couple drinks is so blatantly abusive to the mind and body that I have no idea how people drink all the time either. It takes me days to recover from depression, anxiety, a body in pain, and a general feeling of retardation now. I think the avg drinking person might just have lower self awareness than someone like myself who consumes awareness increasing drugs like weed and acid. So maybe they can get through it without noticing all the negative aspects? Another annoying aspect of the whole thing is these people tend to be egotistical; they will see themselves as superior to you if they hear you're a drug user, but really, they abuse booze without even taking notice of it.

LSD leaves me feeling so wonderful and refreshed, like a new man... this is one of the main reasons for taking it, why would you want to wake up the next day a hungover fuck?

find that because of the tendency for LSD to "win out" you can drink pretty much all you want without feeling "drunk".

you can pretty much...

all you want

haha

i find alcohol to be quite depressing and unexciting on it's own; but with a *bit* of LSD it can become very funny socially

Acid + beer

Im a pretty big beer fan to begin with but a 6 pack of some good microbrews when im on acid tastes absolutely amazing. Ive also noticed I can drink a hell of alot more than I normally can so sometimes I take a low dose when im going out drinking for the night.

Anyone else like to drink beer on lsd?

Having any more than a couple drinks is so blatantly abusive to the mind and body that I have no idea how people drink all the time either. It takes me days to recover from depression, anxiety, a body in pain, and a general feeling of retardation now.

I know this was posted ages ago but its so true.

IMO alcohol is only good on psychedelics when you need to combat anxiety. If I'm feeling anxious/overwhelmed on acid then alcohol chills me out nicely. However, I much prefer to avoid it because it dulls the trip very significantly

Edit: and why is being able to drink more a good thing? You damage your body more and have a worse hangover and spend more money on alcohol

Next time I trip im definatley going to have a few drinks. Had 1 and a half pints of cider on my first trip ever and loved the alcohol feeling from it, kidna felt shit and depressing once it was 'coming down' though.

It may be because LSD and alcohol don't blend well together. The mixture causes chemical reactions that may produce nausea and vomiting and other discomforts.

thats strange i can drink like 35 beers probly on lsd or in other words a lot like the whole trip i can drink and it doesnt seem to affect me really at all

One of my worst trip experiences happened when I was tripping with my brother and he went to the fridge and cracked a beer... I don't drink and am not really cool with it (it confuses some people and I don't like being around confused people), so seeing my brother who was already trippping, needing to grab a beer, well it just sent me into a "oh god, no, my brother's an alcoholic" spiral and kinda ruined my trip.

One of my worst trip experiences happened when I was tripping with my brother and he went to the fridge and cracked a beer... I don't drink and am not really cool with it (it confuses some people and I don't like being around confused people), so seeing my brother who was already trippping, needing to grab a beer, well it just sent me into a "oh god, no, my brother's an alcoholic" spiral and kinda ruined my trip.

We want what we want when we're on a trip lol Nothin wrong with wanting a cold beer. That doesn't make him an alchy, even if he is.

It's still better not to mix alcohol with other drugs because there are really chemical reactions. And some may not be good.

I love having at least a couple beers when I'm waiting for it to kick in, but if you go overboard and turn it into party mode, coming down off of lsd and alcohol is a sure fire way to have a headache, upset stomach, and generally shitty ass hangover.

It's actually a double edged sword, cause the booze makes the comeup anxiety almost nonexistent, but 3 hours after youve finished drinking, you already kinda feel shitty even if its just a couple drinks.

Well, since I made my first post in this thread, I had a trip that began while I was already pretty well buzzed some drinks. Was actually a lovely experience, and paradoxically in some certain ways "deeper" than it otherwise would have been. The feelings of empathy and love toward other human beings were highly amplified, even moreso than on straight LSD. Also, I never really ended up having an uncomfortable comedown for that trip, whereas traditionally acid comedowns have been really unpleasant for me.

The only bad point in the trip was when I decided to smoke a bit of weed -- for a good half hour I was in a really unstable and confusing state of mind, and it was one of the only times I've ever truly feared for my sanity on psychedelics. To sum it up -- LSD + alcohol = win, LSD + alcohol + cannabis = lose.

when i take lsd at large music festivals i like to drink beer when i take acid, i only drink because everyone else is drinking

I had a strange reaction involving LSD and alcohol a little over a year ago. At the time I was taking acid weekly or bi-weekly. One weekend after dropping, I was overcome with a literal craving for vodka. It was like some weird rewiring in my brain. It just started tasting like water with this subtle, amazing flavor. I was literally chugging out of a fifth (this was on a college campus so I blended in nicely). I've never had a reaction like that since. I've always attributed it to the LSD, but I suppose it could have been something else.