• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] 2C-E + Medications/Supplements/Nootropics

Ok so hows this sound, i love piracetam, and combining it with psychedelics. But I feel 2c-e would be way too intense.

But piracetam, 2c-e, and xanax?

The piracetam would make the trip so much harder and counter act the benzo but would i still have the oh shit im gunna die mindset? I think it ill work.

might try it soon ill let you know, im hoping to trip balls with visuals but my mind is at peace, worry free

Although I don't particularly see this being answered directly with much accuracy, I must ask.

Does anyone have any experience with promethazine and 2c-e... or can anyone else elaborate on Diphenhydramine and 2c-e? My first hundred or so trips with 2c-e all from the same vendor never caused me but mild stomach discomfort... this newer batch that I have received has caused pretty intense nausea all 8 times so far... leading to vomiting once and nearly several times. I'm not sure if it is an inconsistency with this batch as I have read that many experience these symptoms from 2c-e... and the doses almost seem slightly more potent than prior.

Anyone have anything on this?

When I combined 2C-E and piracetam, it was potentiated wildly. It was the most intense experience of my life, and I am thankful for it, but it was so terrifying I don't know if I could repeat it if I were able to go back in time with the knowledge I have.

Here is the experience.

Between this and what people are saying about diph blocking the bodyload of 2C-E, would it be reasonable to presume that this drug is doing .. something(!).. with acetylcholine or inhibiting acetylcholinesterase??

(WILD GUESSES.)

I read in multiple sources that SSRIs weaken a 2ce trip.
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how badly it may have reduced their experience. With my wife it significantly reduced her experience compared to mine.

Suck on a 8mg dil or 2mg xan and smoke some WEED!

The dillies prefered but i find anything that might revitalize you or repair your brain might keep you up longer than you want.

Last edited:
anyone know how gabitril and gabapentin would interact with 2c-e. could they be used to decrease some of the bad body load or would they kill the trip?

Try an anti-histamine to decrease the body load. I suggest diphenhydramine (Benadryl) as it won't make you too drowsy. Though, if you can handle the sedative effects, promethazine almost completely eliminates nausea for the people I know...

Also, Diphenhydramine is OTC... promethazine is prescription only (U.S.)

Ssri decreasing 2C-E depends on the dose of your ssri, and how your body reacts of it. Ssri doesent block 2C-E effects, but can cause headache, dont know is it a mild effect of serotonin syndrome.

Try an anti-histamine to decrease the body load. I suggest diphenhydramine (Benadryl) as it won't make you too drowsy.

FYI, Benadryl makes me (and a lot of people) pretty drowsy (have never tried in conjunction with a psychedelic; I just mean in general).

Any ideas why an anti-histamine would lower the body load of a psychedelic? Doesn't seem intuitive to me. Can other people confirm that this works for them as well? Does it lessen the trip in any other way?

benadryl is efffexctive in reducing nausea, which is the main bodyload i experience with 2c-e.
maybe thats why its effective at reducing bodyload.

The thought behind this is that both anti-histamines act as antagonists at the 5HT3 sites which are the receptors upon agonism that lead to anxiety and nausea through excessive stimulation of the GI tract. I may be mistaken as to this being the true reason it works... but I do know it works... and I believe this is what led me to believe it may work.

YMMV, of course..

Also, I do note that Benadryl may make a lot of people drowsy... but generally not at a dose of 25mg... only at 50mg or higher. Personally, I have pretty bad insomnia, and to try to sleep on benadryl I need at least 125mg... and even then I still only have a 15 minute window of opportunity. If you feel any anti-histamines are going to make you too drowsy, perhaps you should try finding other 5HT3 antagonists... They should work effectively as well if I am not mistaken.

I sometimes take hydroxyzine, another antihistamine before trips to quell my stomach. (Weed is also incredibly helpful). Piracetam definitely increases the effects, so go for a lower dose if you combine the two. I also like having clonazepam on hand to take the edge off if it gets to be too much, but too much will kill the trip entirely.

What would be able to help with nausea? and also, can people try to explain where the nausea comes from and why?

There are 5HT-3 (serotonin type 3) receptors in your gut that are responsible for nausea and vomiting. Various psychedelic drugs are supposedly selective for the 5HT-2A receptor that is implicated in mind-alteration, but there is usually some amount of overlap in receptor affinity. By stimulating the 5HT-3 receptors, the drugs cause a feeling of nausea and can cause vomiting.

Also note that the RoA does not seem to affect this-- IV, nasal, and rectal administration of 2C-E can show similar or increased nausea as oral ingestion of an equipotent (corrected for increase in potency by RoA) dose. Once the drug is in your bloodstream, it is stimulating all the receptors it possibly can, all over your entire body. Speed of onset also seems to affect nausea, with faster RoAs (IV, nasal) giving more chance of puking.

Some people are able to meditate or do chakra exercises to "channel the energy" that may also be somewhat psychosomatic in nature. In general, if you have nothing to do but sit on a couch and think about how much your tummy hurts, your highly enhanced psychedelic mind may go off on a bad trip about that gut pain. Distraction by way of positive activities (shower, dance, play, etc) can have a tremendous effect on the physical side-effects noted.

YMMV, but for me personally, 25mg diphenhydramine (benadryl, unisom) taken concurrently with oral 2C-E decreases the nausea substantially. The sedative effects of the antihistamine are not noticed through the stimulation of the 2C-E.

Herbal tea (peppermint, ginger, lemon, chamomile, honey, etc) also does wonders for relaxing the mind and body.

Anyone have info/insight on lamotrigine (Lamictal) and 2C-E? My searching has come up inconclusive. There is suspicion it might potentate the 2C-E.

Anyone have factual information about this?? I'm on 200mg Lamictal daily and am planning to drop ~15mg 2C-E tomorrow night.

what about saint john's wort and 2c-E? would it being on SJW affect the 2ce experience?

Just ordered mine and by the time it gets here my girlfriend will be off of her Effexor (hopefully!!).

She says she wants to be weened off but from what I've read online doctors prefer to cut it off completely and replace with moderate-to-high doses of Prozac to combat withdrawal. I'm guessing I know the answer to this question but I'll field it anyways...What kind of issues can she expect for the three scenarios she may be in?

She's on the effexor (75mg daily).
She's off the effexor but on Prozac.
She's off effexor cold turkey and dealing with withdrawal.

I'm guessing the common answer will be that it's just generally not a good time to be using psychedelics but for posterity if anyone knows what kind of contradictions can be found between 2C-E and Effexor and Prozac that's still be much welcomed information :)

fuuuuuuck venlafaxine discontinuation!

all i can say is your gf might want to pick a different time to become acquainted with 2c-e

i take 50 mg pristiq a day and have taken 2c-e numerous times without adverse reaction (unless twitching counts) but the withdrawal.... ooooooo it is so bad. i would hate to be tripping during that.e\

so... in answer to your question... best case is to take it during her usual regimen of effexor. ime this makes 2c-e slightly less potent but it could easily be the opposite for her so be careful