View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] 2C-E + Medications/Supplements/Nootropics

Krowsnose

Bluelighter
This is the sub-thread in which to discuss the combination of 2C-E and any sort of medication, suppements, or nootropic substance. Please direct all of your questions about 2C-E + medications/supplements/nootropics to this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if things do turn out for the worst, would taking valium or another benzodiazepine be a safe solution? or is it too dangerous to be mixing with RCs?

Last edited by a moderator:
should be fine, but i can't imagine you needing them.

some valium or xanax would work better than drinking beer for comedowns.
I always have plenty of valium on hand if i ever need to take a nap after trippin.

jketiynu said:
Today I took 10mg 2c-e orally in a capsule. I'd never done 2c-e before and was under the impression that it was a low dose
Well, it definitely wasn't for me ;)
I had realy fascinating and intense visuals both open eye and closed. There were waves of color moving through everything I looked at. I looked at a painting in my livingroom of a waterfall and I could see the water flowing down and hear the splashes it was making as it hit the rocks below.
The experience felt very "physically" as well as emotionaly intense. At one point I was becoming worried that I might be running a high temperature and whenever another wave of the experience hit it was so intense that I felt like I was going to have a heart attack.
I ened up taking a handful of 0.5mg Lorazepam tabs to kill some of the intensity of the trip. I wasn't afraid of the trip, I was just overly concerned on what that those intense jolts of energy were doing to my heart. After taking the Lorazepam I ended up feeling a lot calmer, only it seemed to kick the hallucinations in to higher gear. I've never gotten nasesous before just off of visuals before but they were so intense that I got very sick to my stomach.
Before long the Lorazepam changed the experience from a trip into a state of delerium. I couldn't tell what I was doing most of the time, my thoughts were a complete jumble and I couldn't make sense out of anything. I ended up riding out the trip on my bed having "visions" underneath my sheets.
Unfortunately I feel the Lorazepam had to have been the culprit in inducing all the cofusion I was experiencing. If I hadn't been so confused the whole time I would have been able to learn something through the experience, but I wasn't able to formulate any logical conclusions.

I just wanted my post to be a warning. MEASURE YOUR STUFF OUT ACCURATELY! I'd also like to suggest against ever using Lorazepam to calm you down in a trip. Lorazepam tends to make things really confusing and when you're already tripping hard, being put into a state of confusion has the potential for some very nasty results. In the future if I choose to take a benzo to ease trip anxiety I will use something like Xanax or Valium instead. Lorazepam just doesn't mix well with Psychedelics.

When I take Ativan during any seratogenic experience, I also note a significant increase in visual intensity. This synergy is most notable with 4-ho-mipt and 4-aco-mipt though.

Is is it possible to trip on 2C-E without skipping your anti-psychotic, if your anti-psychotic happens to be Invega/Risperdal, which IME, let more recreational drugs through than the other anti-psychotics?

Last edited by a moderator:
will temazepam take you out of a 2c-e high , if so what is the preferred mg dosage

I just pulled a bunch of posts discussing sourcing from here. It was indirectly, to be sure, but nevertheless discussion of sources is not allowed here.

Benzodiazepines like temazepam will reduce the intensity of trips but they will not really totally kill them. They're better used as a way to calm down and reduce anxiety, which can turn a difficult trip around. Antipsychotics will totally kill a trip.

Oh, I didn't notice that you were both on SSRIs... some say that SSRIs do not impact the trip much, while others say it's about impossible to trip on them. So it is likely that the SSRI has a big part in this. It may be a combination of poor 2C-E and SSRIs.

For body load i took 50mg of DPH while taking 8mg of 2c-e it did eliminate all nausea and body discomfort but also put me to sleep and when i woke later i had the altered thought somewhat but i couldnt enjoy it because of how disconnected the DPH made me feel. But DPH will help with body load and at higher doses of 2ce i would think it wouldnt be hard to stay awake. I think some of the body load in those novice psychonauts (myself include) is mental cuz i noticed my 2nd 2ce trip which i took 4 or 5mg more than my first, i felt the body load was much more tollerable

When I combined 2C-E and piracetam, it was potentiated wildly. It was the most intense experience of my life, and I am thankful for it, but it was so terrifying I don't know if I could repeat it if I were able to go back in time with the knowledge I have.

Here is the experience.

Would a user of 2CE need to be worried if they were taking an SNRI? (Seratonin Non-Reuptake Inhibitor)?

SNRI stands for Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor. I can't tell you anything certain, but I've experienced 2C-E on 100 mg and 50 mg regimens of nortriptyline which inhibits both (serotonin only to a minor degree, which is why I can't really speculate about your case), as well as not having any in my system at all, and I've noticed absolutely no change in effects.

Oh, I didn't notice that you were both on SSRIs... some say that SSRIs do not impact the trip much, while others say it's about impossible to trip on them. So it is likely that the SSRI has a big part in this. It may be a combination of poor 2C-E and SSRIs.

Me and my friends just had a 2C-E trip on Saturday. Interesting that this thread is here. We took 15mg of it, and my friend "T" and I tripped our nuts off for over twelve hours. About 5 hours in, no one had said a word, and come to find out, my other friend ("B") thought we were just fucking with him becuase he was not tripping at all. He said all he had was a small body fry. The next day, we were talking about it, and I asked if he was on any meds. Apparently, he's on SSRIs, and they completely blocked his trip. That's the only answer I can come up with, because we all had our doses measured out of the same bottle, and there is no possible way that he could have had a "bunk" dose... I felt really bad for him that he missed out on the experience...

Actually, I believe SNRI stands for Selective Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor.

It's not selective because it works on two neurotransmitters, serotonin and norepinephrine. Again, it's Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor..

Oh, okay. I was actually responding to thatmdmahead's post where he said it was Serotonin Non-Reuptake Inhibitor. But it appears I was also incorrect.

Anyone know the effects of combining methadone with 2-ce....I'm on 100mgs and I just got some 2-ce for the first time. Thanks..

2C-E and Citalopram?

Before people tell me to UTFSE I already have. I'm aware of the Anti-depressents and hallucinogens faq, but some of the information in there suspect. Anyhow, I was hoping if anyone could tell me from personal experience or that of a friend.... does citalopram completely stop the 2C's and specifically 2C-E from working properly? I just got some for the first time, and my gf is wondering about trying it.

From what I understand (second-hand) it'll greatly reduce the mental aspect of the trip, but no, it won't stop it entirely. I'd save it if at all possible, but it shouldn't be a waste. I'm basing this off of 2C-B + citalopram but I'd imagine it's a similar situation.