• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

combining 5ht2a agonists

I don't see much point in combining more 5HT2A-agonists, since it seems more of the same to me. Well except for smoking DMT or 5-MeO-DMT on a longer lasting trip.

I found that 4mg of DOC played very well with DMT during and after a DOC peek. I found this combo an amazingly insightful experience and will repeat someday... I wouls still like to try out a combo of ALD-52 and Eth-Lad @ 100ug each..

Pharmacologically it's safe to mix classical psyche. Wouldn't be physically harmful. Just would increase the intensity of the experience and cause the two substances to synergize in some fashion. I have knew a guy who took DMT while on acid. They said that the DMT pretty much overpowered the acid. But then when the DMT wore off they were still tripping. This really changed the experience but he found it enlightening and enjoyable. Obviously, this wouldn't be the case for everyone..... and some may be frightened by this aspect of the experience.

I've also knew someone who smoked salvia while on mushrooms. She said that it caused anxiety that ruined the rest of the mushroom trip..... which was a good trip prior to the salvia which caused it to go bad. She said that after this she used mushrooms and salvia separately with positive experiences (though salvia is frightening on its own to most people).

I had a nice experience with salvia during the come-up of 4g of mushrooms. Some crazy OEVs :) I had a white light experience during the peak of that trip. Awesome night :)

Both DMT and 5-MeO-DMT really rattle my cage! But 5-MeO-DMT goes straight for the money shot which is usually a very special but "plain" state of consciousness, tends to feel very spiritual in nature but very unified and the 'content' or narrative of the trip being much more abstract / pure / visionary. I tend to travel into some ultimate 'beyond'. Beyond everything.
DMT is much more about the narrative / content to me. Sure it is also transcendental and can immerse you into rich mental tapestries and it is also spiritual... but how DMT blows my mind has mostly to do with the incredible encounters and alien occurrences or vistas, there is also much symbolism, things like telepathic messages or objects that you intuitively attach some fantastic meaning to. However remarkable, in a way all those crazy things that happen are still distracting and a lot still ambiguous. With 5-MeO-DMT there isn't much there for me referring indirectly to spiritual or cosmic things, I very purely feel like I am transported there and melded into it.

I don't like to think about what a dark 5-MeO-DMT would be like, occasionally people have very bad ones (of course as always part of those could be avoided with set and setting)... it can be harrowing and traumatizing, so that is a big caveat.. I just thought I would give that warning when I also say that 5-MeO-DMT pretty much every time produced things like spiritual ecstasy or feeling as though I slipped into a mirror dimension that is heavenly (not religiously, it feels that way).

Power and glory? Those are still pretty open to interpretation but I guess I see what is meant. Not sure it is helpful for people who haven't tried either though.

5-MeO-DMT is a classic psychedelic in that it has a long history of (shamanic) use in humans, but it is not a typical one because like other 5-MeO tryptamines 5-HT1A activity seems to play a major role in making it energized and potentially spiritual. The lack of colorful content is believed to be due to relatively lower 5-HT2A activity at it's potency. I have to wonder what a pure 5-HT1A agonist would potentially be like if it was a 'flooding drug' although just like with NBOMe's, a selective potent drug like that isn't really a good idea. Would be interesting at least to see what these receptors bring to the party. Probably best is to have activity on both, not only for safety but also to not leave anything lacking.

About the 'flooding': both 5-MeO-DMT and DMT are special cases for another reason and that is because they have to be taken in a way that floods and overwhelms the brain to prevent it from being broken down too much before they can act. This property contributes to the kinetics and make typical parenteral use (vaping for example) very intense and highly compressed into a short duration. There are other examples that show how slower kinetics can make the experience less like a whack to the head.
I am saying this because it also explains why they overrule other psychedelics temporarily when you combine them, so there really isn't any sort of balanced synergy.
5-MeO-DMT isn't always such a safe plan to combine with just anything, but other than that your best bet seems to be to enrich the trip with one kind of activity with another psychedelic that has a little different action in situations like this. 2C-B for example is a bit unusual in how it works so an interesting plan to combine with DMT. LSD occupies 5-HT2A receptors (and 2B i believe) for a long time so it would also not be completely overwhelmed by a hit of DMT. If it wasn't for different synergy, since they compete the DMT would be a less effective.

5-MeO-DMT can be a potentially interesting idea to try with psychedelics that could do with a bit more spirituality. Unfortunately 5-MeO is already so intense on its own that it requires extensive experience and a good plan to get a manageable experience with combo's, but it could be pretty cool to blast off with 5-MeO from a trip on a colorful drug like 4-HO-MET. Maybe AL-LAD but I would personally avoid phens with it.
Also in retrospect I wish I tried 5-MeO-DMT together with DMT but I would really need to check what a nice ratio and dosage would be.. probably takes some tries to get it 'right'.

Anyway, combine psychedelics that are complementary!! From pharmacological reasoning, having read reports or other ways you can take educated guesses.

Piling psychedelics more randomly gives varying results which are also especially hard to reproduce. If you find it difficult to come up with good ideas for combo's you probably could use more experience with more different psychedelics on their own and in-depth knowledge about their properties. Which is good anyway: it's best to only start combo'ing when you have a handle on the psychedelics on their own.

Yeah salvia is a good example: has inherent potential to be complementary because it is so different from other psychedelics, but as was said: it is hard enough on it's own and can go beyond DMT or 5-MeO-DMT in terms of keeping your shit together. Can have an intrinsically delirious or dream-like aspect that can make you forget parts of your (self-)awareness. For example it is easy to forget you have taken a drug, things like that contribute to a massive loss of sober perspective. On salvia alone the experience isn't too long and people return alright, but if you were already on mushrooms I am guessing losing perspective can make things quite difficult and that could 'linger' into the tail of the shroom trip.

another one i cant wrap my head around is being in a walking hole state (i know some ppl consider it a 'hole' only when you are forced into immobility, but such a state doesnt seem to exist in my life, up to and including being completely blacked out) while also having a peak psychedelic experience.

ive mixed dissos and tryps, but never a hole dose. seems like it would be quite overwhelming, even considering my experiences with synthetic noids and dissos.

another one i cant wrap my head around is being in a walking hole state (i know some ppl consider it a 'hole' only when you are forced into immobility, but such a state doesnt seem to exist in my life, up to and including being completely blacked out) while also having a peak psychedelic experience.

ive mixed dissos and tryps, but never a hole dose. seems like it would be quite overwhelming, even considering my experiences with synthetic noids and dissos.

From my experience:

ket and mdma is pure bliss. if you're into spinal breathing, it feels so easy, natural and powerful :) wave after wave of bliss and interdimensionnal travel. easy on the ket while the mdma is still on, but you can go harder on the ket during the come-down.

ket+mdma+lsd can be confusing. you have to go easy with the ket and the l. done right, it is beautiful. I remember listening to psytrance, and it felt like a flowing river. seeing human bodies dancing was so amazing at the time :)

mdma+salvia on the after-effects of ket is wonderful. meeting the salvia lady without any fear, and having that feeling of being all and nothing at the same time :) nice visuals after too :)

im an idiot... i totes forgot ive holed and tryptamined at the same time...

@ 80 mg 4-aco-dpt + @ 15ish 3-meo-pce + @ 10-15 mg (what i surmise to be a very potent mixture of dck and [educated guess] o-pce, sold as dck) mystery ach that is very much indistinguishable from dck, aside from extreme potency, and some cannabis edibles (maybe 50-100 mg, a moderate dose for my tolerance)

had a very hazy but apparently also extraordinary trip. came closer to healing a deep wound than probably ever in my life, and i think im actually integrating it.

... one of those ''full circle" type ordeals.

the 4-aco-dpt seems to be quite the catalyst for sometimes powerful and cathartic emotional states; free of judgement in a way.

for some reason, probably the ACHs, i latched onto a compound id been reading about recently, 2c-t-21, and my imagination incorporated it in some weird abstract yellowy way i cant describe... im sure i picked yellow cause of the fluorine + sulphur

anyway, i also remember that i did zone out and forget about my body and just stay still during the hole, so i dont know if that is what ppl mean by a "hole", but im sure if i were needing to move because of an emergency, id at least be capable of 'fear and loathing' diethyl-ether-binge-walk style walking. fun stuff.

the same thing happened when i stacked (for sure that time) dck and dxm. but ketamine ive never lost the ability to know my body was there, even on my deepest holes. weird, huh? even pcp is more debilitating than ketamine, compelling me to sit or even lay on the ground.

i could rambline jambline for hourz but im off topic af, i got work in 3 hours, and the melatonin is kickin in...

FWIW, 2C-T's and also 2C-I for me can certainly provide a yellow, orange or golden glow-y feeling which seems to be associated with empathogen activity, I think I have read it in enough reports as well and kind of doubt it has something to do with halogens or sulfur but more coincidentally the pharmacology of these compounds. Orthorhombic sulfur powder may be yellow and also the typical color representation of S in structural formulae but other than that these color labels are pretty arbitrary and don't necessarily reflect a real property of the element.

Nonsense! Morning glory is still an ally in central america. Did you ever have T7?

I certainly can't dispute this as I have used Morning Glory and HBWR seeds with some fantastic effects. All I was stating is that I don't hear a lot of people talking about them irl, mostly just forums that are in the know on the entheogens and a select few friends who are into plant based medicines more exclusively. And also sadly I have only had the T2 (which I like to call judgement day if you can see the reference) I never had the chance to try t7 but being a fan of phenethylamines I'm sure it's nice. I know the few fatalities back about 10 years or so now had provided some bad press in the 2ct series so I try to be cautious with any of those.

I certainly can't dispute this as I have used Morning Glory and HBWR seeds with some fantastic effects. All I was stating is that I don't hear a lot of people talking about them irl, mostly just forums that are in the know on the entheogens and a select few friends who are into plant based medicines more exclusively. And also sadly I have only had the T2 (which I like to call judgement day if you can see the reference) I never had the chance to try t7 but being a fan of phenethylamines I'm sure it's nice. I know the few fatalities back about 10 years or so now had provided some bad press in the 2ct series so I try to be cautious with any of those.

Never snort 2C-T-7

Yeah, or any phenethylamine. But that's just my way. I ruined the "you take the PEAs orally" model when I learned 2cb, 2cc, and 2cd are nice IMed. But T7 is one I'd only take orally.

Combining these things to stay on-topic....anyone else ever add DPT to the tail end of a PEA trip? Oh my goodness what a magical experience...adding some DPT after a T7 peak.

if i could ever get my hands on 2c-t-21 or '-7, i would definitely try it with 4-aco-dpt, which seems very much well suited to combinations. if only...

im wary of mixing with mushrooms, as i feel the combo would be too confusing.

there was an owsley stanley talk i just watched where he mentions the combo dmt + det, which he describes as (to paraphrase) a two- hour dmt trip. ' says it can be extremely frightening for those two hours but i gather its also fun as hell if you get a good one.

he also calls the dmt beings "tinkertoymen", which i find hilarious and right on the money.

I discovered an amazing combination on my 20th birthday. Its high dose dxm and insufflated medium or high dose methylphenidate.

Pure psychedelic euphoria. "I finally found... IT!"