• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

I usually squeeze... and I do CWE's on huge amounts of tablets and my liver checked out fine in a blood test last year.

As long as your filter isn't too porous to begin with it will be OK. :)

yeah, but you're a freak of nature;)

i too squeeze all the time and have never had any ill effects from the more cloudy solutions; no stomach aches, etc. i'm yet to have my liver checked but will be doping that in the near future when i have a full medical.

The initial post says that solubility is around 1gram per 100ml, yet the next poster says that he uses 50ml for 24 tablets? My arithmetic tells me that for 24 tablets containing 500mg of some undesired analgesic ingredient, 1200ml of water would be required?

The initial post says that solubility is around 1gram per 100ml

that's referring to the solubility of apap (paracetamol).

the ideal amount of water really depends on how many pills you are extracting from. 150-200mL is a good amount for 25-50 pills in my experiences

Maybe this is why I've found CWE's so torturously fucking repulsive in the past; namely that I've used large amounts of water, the rationale being that I didn't know codeine's solubility, and hence didn't want to use too little water and lose codeine.

Can I get an answer from one of our resident opioid-scientists to the question whether one could literally and simply just simmer the end product over a low flame and thus obtain crystal or some kind of solid? It seems like it would be relatively simple, and I'm therefore inclined to suspect that perhaps it isn't, since we're all downing this disgusting shit.

I usually squeeze... and I do CWE's on huge amounts of tablets and my liver checked out fine in a blood test last year.

As long as your filter isn't too porous to begin with it will be OK. :)

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that past liver damage will not necessarily be reflected by blood enzyme profiling. Its possible for enzyme levels to be totally normal when the liver is scarred or cirrhosed, because they tend to flare up for acute damage but return to normal after a period of time, damage notwithstanding.

The only way to accurately assess the health of the liver is to perform a biopsy. :(

Can I get an answer from one of our resident opioid-scientists to the question whether one could literally and simply just simmer the end product over a low flame and thus obtain crystal or some kind of solid? It seems like it would be relatively simple, and I'm therefore inclined to suspect that perhaps it isn't, since we're all downing this disgusting shit.

Here check out this thread asked earlier today.
My post quoted below.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=552646
The most effective way to get codeine out is to do multpile recrystalizations. The codeine is actually caught up in APAP and binder groups and fair amount won't dissolve in a standard CWE.

What you need to do is put it into enough hot water to get ALL solids to dissovle. Then cool it down so everything precipitates out, heat it up until everything dissolve, and finally cool it back down so it precipitates out again. Repeat this several times. Finally evaporate down to as small a volume as possible (just enough to fully dissolve all your codeine) and filter before evaporating for the codeine salt.

To get extremely pure codeine (usually just for future synths) you need to do a chemical extraction instead of evaporating at the end.
Add acid to the solution (makes codeine insoluble in nonpolar) and wash with a nonpolar to remove caffiene and crap.
Basify the solution so the codeine base precipitates out.
Then wash with a nonpolar solvent to collect the codeine base.
Evap for the codeine base or add acid to make a salt and wash with a polar to collect the codeine salt.

Does anyone here know whether or not dextro can be put through a CWE? Please spare me the "aw man dextros are for fucken pussies" bullshit and just answer if you can.

Dextromethorphan is water soluble (1.5g/100mL) so it will end up in the final product.

Dextromethorphan salt as supplied in syrup is soluble in water, but so is the syrup :S

If you want to extract it you need to mix the syrup in a strong enough base to make the free base precipitate out.
Wash with a nonpolar solvent to extract the Dextro.
Evap and collect the free base or acidify to salt and evap (or wash with polar and evap) to collect the salt.

No I don't have a syrup. I have capadex (paracetamol 325 dextro 32.5). I thought I heard somewhere that it can't be extracted....? If it can I might do it and evap to a solid. Anyone know about how dextro reacts to heat?

BIG MISUNDERSTANDING HERE

You said "dextro" and I assumed you meant dextromethorphan. The drug that you actually have is dextropropoxyphene (something totally different.) Its always important to use the full actual drug name so that we're on the same page and don't give you potentially dangerous advice.

Most brands of propoxyphene these days are the napsylate salt, which makes them insoluble in water. You're likely out of luck :(

Suess, you're taking 16mg/day of bupe and you expect ANY amount of dextroproxyphene to be usable?

I haven't taken bupe in a few days and will probably hold off until I'm quite a bit sicker. But yes it's dextropropoxyphene, and I'm not trying to get high, only to prolong needing to go back to my bupe, so that when I go back I'm well and truly washed out and can start it up again at a smaller dose.

I only have a script for the capadex and 7 x 30mg codeine phosphate tablets. I wanted to work the codeine to hydro but you need platinum type metals which are fuck expensive!

I wanted to work the codeine to hydro but you need platinum type metals which are fuck expensive!
Play nice suessmayr. If you look up you might find something cheaper ;)
Anywhoo not worth it on 210mg either way.

Yeah fuck it all anyway the best would be to grow poppies all year round.

Anyone on the dextropropoxyphene in CWE issue? And, dextro and heat?

S.

Quick CWE and dosing question

Hi all, and sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I'm very new!

I have some opiate tolerance, usually taking 3 10/325 Norco's every 4 6 hours, and also 15mg MS contins twice a day, or more like 4 a day if I am out of my Norco's. My question is: for someone with my tolerance, how many 10/325 Norcos can I do a CWE on for one dose, and still be safe with APAP levels, and not OD or get sick from the hydro? Not in a rush, just thinking about trying it and I don't want to waste any of my supply, either by taking too little, or puking it back up because I did too much.

The APAP level is a function of the amount of water used. Approximately 1g/100ml.
So as long as you use no more than 100ml of water to dissolve your pills, you can get no more than 1g of APAP in your solution (theoretically).

As for the efficiency of extracting the hydro, I'm not sure and it is variable. I'd say assume at least 80% extraction just to be safe, and if it is worse then you can increase your dosage.

Obviously to be completely safe you can assume %100 recovery and work from there but with just cold water and filtering that is unlikely.

Aspirin has two primary ways it damages your stomach when taken in solution (there are others with the pills not dissolving well but we can ignore those). The first is reduction of mucus production so the stomach acid damages the stomach lining. Taking with food will help with this somewhat. The second is interactions with natural(?) bacteria in some people's stomach lining which interacts with the aspirin and causes irritation. Aspirin use might not be the best idea in these people.

If you get DHC you should consider plugging it as unlike codeine it is not a prodrug and people find that rectal administration can greatly increase your buzz.

hi ampola, i have 60 30mg dhc from my doc, would you suggest plugging a few? im a h user and on 8mlof the green nightmare, so have a tolerance, but do you think its worth plugging them or is it not worth it due to my tolerance? any advice would be appreciated, thanks