• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

it's possible I'm not using enough Codeine yet. I'm starting out with relatively small doses (8 pills - about 100mg of Codeine) because I think it's safer to start small as I don't know how it will affect me

I will gradually increase the dose. I'll try a couple more and then post a step-by-step list of what I'm doing exactly

Yes I think that's a distinct possibility. 100mg is a low dose The medical dose for pain relief is 60mg and it's unlikely that even an opiate nieve person would see much of a buzz at only 100mg. This also assumes your CWE technique is spot on and you are getting all the codeine out of those 8 pills...even a perfect technique will probably only get 90-95% of the codeine due to unavoidable loss through the filter paper

You are wise in setting out slowly but remember you can't dose with codeine and then redose half an hour later if you haven't taken enough. This is thought to be the case due to the enzyme that converts codeine into morphine...(I forget the exact technical reasons..but yuou can look it up if you're interested).

Again remember thst I'm here to help you if I can.

Just had 10 of my little 30 mg pure codeine tabs got 300 mg dhc on the extract to I wish I could send a pic cus u can see tons of white stuff on top of my filters but the extracted water below looks just like drinking water. It would be a perfect example to a nooby.

It will however got a bit cloudy after I squeezes the filter but then I just filter it again and walla you can take it with you in a water bottle or sprite bottle if its cloudy and dose up in public my favourite is on the bus home after doing a pharmacy run drinking it down with my beats on roll a spliff and/or a fag and enjoy life as long as you are sensible take breaks etc you should be fine.

Oh and this pharmacist said I needed to see a doctor cus I was buying to much co co domal but I got my prescription now so gonna shove that in his face(not literally ofc) will he have to let me buy OTC painkillers again?

Yeah...I mean it depends where you go. Some large chain chemists charge over X but if you find a small shop it's often much less. I've no idea why anyone would pay X for codeine and ibuprofen

Incidentally chemists CAN sell you as many packets as trhey want not just 1 but it's up to their own discretion.
what scenario would they sell more than one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and 30 mg tablets are pure codeine tablets some people call them the white diamonds I get 56 every 2 weeks but I do have actual medical needs to due to suspected crohns disease or ultravitus I'm just not one of the apparently lucky few who don't seem to get any disease although I haven't had an attack in a while probably because I take at least 120 mg a day

Just had 10 of my little 30 mg pure codeine tabs got 300 mg dhc on the extract to I wish I could send a pic cus u can see tons of white stuff on top of my filters but the extracted water below looks just like drinking water. It would be a perfect example to a nooby.

It will however got a bit cloudy after I squeezes the filter but then I just filter it again and walla you can take it with you in a water bottle or sprite bottle if its cloudy and dose up in public my favourite is on the bus home after doing a pharmacy run drinking it down with my beats on roll a spliff and/or a fag and enjoy life as long as you are sensible take breaks etc you should be fine.

Oh and this pharmacist said I needed to see a doctor cus I was buying to much co co domal but I got my prescription now so gonna shove that in his face(not literally ofc) will he have to let me buy OTC painkillers again?

is pharmacy hopping your fulltime job? =D

I just did a CWE with approx 200mg Codeine in total. (used a T-shirt to filter it because the coffee filters take *ages*)

it had an effect I think - I noticed a sort of heavy/groggy feeling in my head, but not much else

I know Codeine is considered a relatively weak Opiate - does it have much recreational value? Can it cause euphoria and give you a high, or is it too weak for that?

Newbie to newbie advise (learn from my idiocy)

First CWE yesterday. Started with 24 tabs of 8 codeine/500 paracetamol. Slight feeling of nice warmth, very mild.

3 hours later did 30 tabs 12.5 codeine/500 paracetemol. Really nice warm chilled fuzzy relaxed high, lovely!

3 hours later same again (after getting the munchies and necking a large donor kebab and chips). Felt awful, itchy, felt very sick, not nice at all.

This morning I feel like shit. Right before Christmas.

New to opiates and just pushed it too far too quick.

Anyone got any codeine hangover remedies?

Yours sickly and feeling like a fool,

Rich x

Merry Christmas!

@Dakster

I noticed headaches as well when I use Codeine. When I was using kratom there were often comedowns - hangovers, nausea, constipation - it's just part of the experience I guess.

you used quite a high dose, perhaps you should experiement with lower doses. And make sure your CWE technique effectively removes all the paracetemol

good luck

Too much kratom is a perfect recipe for nausea/headaches. If you continue using it try smaller doses. The buzz is underwhelming at best for folks seriously devoted to opioids, but it can still be appreciated. Just try not to push it too far or you’ll end up feeling far worse off.

With codeine the comedown tended to include a bit of discomfort and A LOT of cravings for me. But it’s also easier (and far more pleasurable) to dose than kratom.

Kratom is now banned in my country so it's out for me. But yeah I often found it hit and miss

Does Codeine have much recreational value or is it too weak? The results so far for me have been a little disappointing, but I'm going to persevere

Last edited:
Kratom is now banned in my country so it's out for me. But yeah I often found it hit and miss

Does Codeine have much recreational value or is it too weak? The results so far for me have been a little disappointing, but I'm going to persevere

Depends on the person. Some people seem to be able to get a lot more out of codeine then others, probably due to differences in metabolism.

I've always been able to enjoy codeine but I think I'm more sensitive than most. I can feel a buzz from 30mg assuming my tolerance is low (most people wouldn't get much of anything at 30mg) 90mg and up would give me a very strong buzz with no tolerance.

Also, codeine will probably be pretty much worthless (except to hold of withdrawals) if you currently have a high tolerance to any other stronger opiates/opioids.

Years ago when I was taking kratom daily, without tolerance to any opioids, I found it to be much stronger and more enjoyable than I have ever codeine to be. Codeine also has a bit of a dirty feeling to me, feels a bit off in a way that's difficult to explain. Everybody's different, but it's been curious to me to see so many codeine related threads cropping up here lately. I dunno if it's mostly a random wave of British peeps that can obtain it legally that account for this or what.

Merry Xmas fellow cwe'ers I finally managed to get some codeine linctus from a chemist on holiday

I tried some codydramol dihydrocodeine and apap (500/10) and it felt incredibly stronger than 4 paramols which is supposed to be. More dhc I dunno just thought I'd add this insight in case anyone can explain it?

My theory is that maybe these codydramols 10/500 have a modified version of dhc that kicks in faster and harder with more oral bio to perhaps all I'm saying is at least keep ur eye out for em in ya folks medicine cupboard stronger than they look I'm gonna have the other table latert tonight with paramol and codeine cwe ofc if I don't have my pure codeine white gems which BTW I got an extra 2 month supply early from the lovely chemist ladies but I won't be having any until I'm supposed to so I don't run out but less anxiety chasing the chemist

merry Xmas all godbless stay safe always cwe paeraceatomal and get fuked

Oh and remember less is more if u do it right at least with these drugs.

Merry Xmas fellow cwe'ers I finally managed to get some codeine linctus from a chemist on holiday

I tried some codydramol dihydrocodeine and apap (500/10) and it felt incredibly stronger than 4 paramols which is supposed to be. More dhc I dunno just thought I'd add this insight in case anyone can explain it?

My theory is that maybe these codydramols 10/500 have a modified version of dhc that kicks in faster and harder with more oral bio to perhaps all I'm saying is at least keep ur eye out for em in ya folks medicine cupboard stronger than they look I'm gonna have the other table latert tonight with paramol and codeine cwe ofc if I don't have my pure codeine white gems which BTW I got an extra 2 month supply early from the lovely chemist ladies but I won't be having any until I'm supposed to so I don't run out but less anxiety chasing the chemist

merry Xmas all godbless stay safe always cwe paeraceatomal and get fuked

Oh and remember less is more if u do it right at least with these drugs.

what is the difference between codeine and dihydrocodeine?

where am I going wrong?!

I've done Codeine/Ibuprofen CWE several times now but with no noticable results. Am I doing the technique wrong or not using enough?

* I put 20 codeine/Ibu pills (approx 250mg codeine) into 80ml room-temperature tap water

* I Leave the pills to dissolve for about an hour (is this long enough for the Codeine to fully dissolve into the water?)

* I pour the solution through a T-shirt. Most of it drains immediately into the glass, but I leave it for an hour anyway and then squeeze the remaining water out of the shirt

* Drink it but feel no effects :? (does a full or empty stomach make a difference?)

Is it possible that the Codeine doesn't dissolve in the water? Or that it doesn't filter through properly?

any advice appreciated

Last edited:
I'm going to try CWE with Codeine/Aspirin because the Ibuprofen apparently doesn't work too well

I'd like to clarify something - when it says '1 gram of aspirin is soluble in 100ml of water' does that mean that as long as you only use 100ml (or less) water, it's not possible to overdose on aspirin when you CWE no matter how many pills you use? Since 1 gram is a safe dose

If you feel the need to keep trying this, the paracetamol/codeine tablets are, by every account that I've read, the safest and most effective way to go. Just use as little water as possible, cool the solution if you feel that it is warranted to do so, and filter properly.

If you want to go the extra mile, you can evaporate the end result, scrape up the codeine and weigh it up to make sure that you have got things right.

You've been at this for a while and it really isn't working for you though. My suggestion would be to either see a doctor if you legitimately need opioids, or just move on to something else. Why are you so insistent on using a drug which isn't working for you?

^ because I don't want to give up just yet. I might be doing the CWE incorrectly or using a poor brand/combo that doesn't work well

as for safety, that is the top priority, which is why I didn't want to start with APAP. But if such a small amount of APAP dissolves in 100ml of water then it sounds safe enough

Paracetamol/codeine preparations seem to be the tried and true way to go. Just follow the tek carefully, there's really not that much to it. Maybe try a small amount first just to get a feel for it and see how that particular brand of tablet goes when added to water. Some brands go cloudier than others, or take longer to break up.