• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

I might've been unclear, I'll be taking the 6 all at once, not over the course of a day. So storing it in the fridge would be a good temp?

This megathread is awesome btw.

As long as it doesn't start to freeze or mold the temp is fine in a fridge/countertop. The bacteria can cause mold to become noticeable within days depending on the temp and how clean everything was when it was prepared. I never kept it beyond 36 hours and stored it in the fridge.

Hi all. I tried the CWE method for generic brands of 'Paracetemol + Codeine' and 'Ibuprofen + Codeine'. I achieved the desired result for the first CWE method (a clear bitter tasting liquid) however for the second, my final solution was very milky/cloudy and did not taste very bitter at all. Could this perhaps be due to the different ingredients (eg - binders) in the generic brand or have I done something wrong? Thanks.

I found a post on here from 2006 on a "less than 1 minute cwe" where the guy started with cold water, thereby skipping the 30 min or so cooling process. Is this reliable? If not, why it is important to start with warm water and then cool it?

Most steps most instructions call for are irrelevant IMO.
I start w cool water, don't warm it or freeze it or anything. The colder it is the less apap can dissolve, but if you use a small amount of water to begin with it doesn't matter because of the poor solubility in water. The biggest time waster is letting the solution drip at its own pace.i use a fine weave Muslin and twist all the liquid out. It does go from crystal clear to a translucent milky colour but it's still only a very marginal Amt of Tylenol.
If you were super concerned or have a shitty liver, I'd advise doing all your dailies at once, say before bedtime, letting them drain overnight. But you'd still be missing a fair amount of solution if you don't twist it.

Hi all,
Pretty newbie at posting here. I attempted CWE in the past with not great results. I'm going to go over the basic process again but have a couple questions. I have 5/325's of Percocet. My tolerance has gotten pretty high and I need about 5 for any effect. I know the APAP isn't good for multiple times a day. If I successfully did the CWE how many should I try first? Does it increase the strength in some way or would I still need to crush up 5 at a time? Also considering plugging if I'd get better results. Thanks everyone!

CWE's dont increase the strength of anything - they simply remove the APAP content.

As a review, here's a CWE procedure that works well:

Starting with hot water and cooling ensures you will extract the maximum amount of material from the pill binder. I find it easiest to filter ithe solution twice - first, while it's still hot, to remove the pill binders only. Rinse the filter with a little warm water too, to ensure you get everything out.

Then cool the solution and you should be able to visibly see the acetaminophen you've previously dissolved coming out of solution. Once the solution is nice and cold (0 - 5c), decant (pour) most of the liquid off of the acetaminophen, and filter the liquid a second time with a new filter. Then you should have a clear solution, with no pesky APAP, and all of your opioid dissolved.

As for the choice of filters, a drip coffee filter works best. And patience.

Again, all you're really doing here is dissolving just the opioids out of your pills. There's no fancy chemistry, no transformations are occuring. So if you normally need 25mg oxy to get high, you'll want to CWE at least 5 x 5mg percocets. The only potential locations for losses are: if you leave the filter cake unwashed, and if you spill or slop any liquid around. You'll have to calculate those by gut feeling ;)

Last edited:
So basically if I wanted to dose 4-5 5/325 Percs I should drink all the end resulting liquid? Tia.

I'm the pest in this thread. Just want to make sure I'm doing this right but also not wasting my product. I'm not great at math and I don't have a good way (at the moment) to measure water in smaller amounts of ml's . My smallest measuring cup begins at 100 ml's. I'm already working A cwe with 4-5/325 Of Percocet. I used ABOUT 40 ml's of warm water. Put it in fridge about an hour then freezer for about 5 minutes then used a damp coffee filter in to a new glass. Some of the solids seemed a tad frozen so I'm hoping I didn't screw it up. Filtering now. Will dose later and post my results. I guess what I'm asking is if the amounts seem right and if I should filter twice. I know I'm getting WAY too much APAP in a day!!!! Thanks.

CWE first time concern - help!

I've tried to CWE paracetamol/codeine tablets for the first time (500mg/8mg) and now I'm concerned about overdosing on APAP. I'm kind of an anxious person, so I worry about these things. Here's what I did:

- 18 x 500mg/8mg tablets (paracetamol/codeine)
- Crushed tablets and put in 50ml lukewarm water, stirred and left for 15 minutes
- Put mixture in freezer for 35 minutes, until ice started forming
- Poured clearish liquid on the surface in a glass covered with 2 kitchen towels folded over multiple times
- Disposed of white gunk and did not get any in filter
- Let it drip for 10 mins
- Result was an ever-so-slightly cloudy liquid, no floating particles
- Let it rest for another 10 minutes in the fridge

There was nothing on the bottom of the glass, but the liquid wasn't 100% clear.

Is it possible I have consumed to much APAP / paracetamol? Am I worrying about nothing? Are there any signs I should look out for?

A little bit won't exactly hurt you, but, get some coffee filters or whatever is the most recommended filter( I've used coffee filters ). Simply re filter your liquid. You may loose a little liquid, but that should take the remaining APAP out. I would let it filter in a cold place, like the fridge.

Still not convinced, so it again, but I'm sure this will work. Also, let it filter and drip as long as needed (1/2 hour, hour, should be the most time needed.

Also, for future refrence, if not the most, a whole lot of APAP will come out at 25 degrees, vs whatever your fridge is is set to.

Depending on containers, filtering material and a refrigerator/freezer, you can take CWE almost as far as you want

Remember to use Google, YouTube and tfse, you will find a wealth of information.

I've tried to CWE paracetamol/codeine tablets for the first time (500mg/8mg) and now I'm concerned about overdosing on APAP. I'm kind of an anxious person, so I worry about these things. Here's what I did:

- 18 x 500mg/8mg tablets (paracetamol/codeine)
- Crushed tablets and put in 50ml lukewarm water, stirred and left for 15 minutes
- Put mixture in freezer for 35 minutes, until ice started forming
- Poured clearish liquid on the surface in a glass covered with 2 kitchen towels folded over multiple times
- Disposed of white gunk and did not get any in filter
- Let it drip for 10 mins
- Result was an ever-so-slightly cloudy liquid, no floating particles
- Let it rest for another 10 minutes in the fridge

There was nothing on the bottom of the glass, but the liquid wasn't 100% clear.

Is it possible I have consumed to much APAP / paracetamol? Am I worrying about nothing? Are there any signs I should look out for?

I merged your post with the megathread, please make sure to check already existing threads before posting :)

Safely getting high on OTC codeine/paracetamol

Hello!

I've tried to get a kick out of the 8mg codeine/500mg paracetamol pills, but I seem to be doing something wrong. And what's kind of surprising is that I've done it 3 times and got less high each time. First time I was doing it I crushed up 17 8mg/500mg pills(the powder didn't have chunks in it, but it wasn't very fine either as I used a coffee mug and a beer bottle to crush them), mixed them with 50ml of cold tap water, let it settle for a bit less than 10 minutes in the freezer, then proceeded to filter the clearer top layer of the mixture through 2 coffee filters, that were stuffed inside of one another and a little wet, not adding most of the white mess on the bottom. I didn't drink it on an empty stomach, I had a light meal beforehand and drank some plain liquid yogurt like 15 minutes before the codeine extraction. In about 40 minutes after drinking it, I was barely feeling high, so I decided to do 3 more pills, did a CWE and drank the shit(3 pills is not a lot of APAP, but I had the filters set up and didn't want to risk anything).
I felt the effects in a bit more than an hour(after taking the initial dose), felt a small warm wave go through my body, zoned out a bit and found it hard to concentrate and perform mental tasks, but it was nothing exceptional. Then I smoked some MJ and the high was definitely different, I was extra calm(despite reading on here somewhere that some people can get paranoid on opiates) and it was more of a body high, I was dizzier and sleepier than usual. Also I noticed my pupils were smaller. Next morning I got nauseous and thew up a couple of times(having drunk some yogurt after waking up), the nausea stopped after I threw up and I didn't really feel bad(even though I couldn't hold food down for a few more hours). I believe it was a combination of some bad food I probably ate and the codeine(with a bit of paracetamol). Next time the process wasn't much different, only this time I used room temperature water, didn't put it in the freezer and used 23 pills in one go, but I lost about 1/3 of the codeine when I tried to filter it through dry toilet paper lol I also had a small bottle of beer before that(mixing alcohol and opiates is dangerous). When I drank the codeine I got some really mild effects(and didn't throw up in the morning this time). The 3rd time I went through the same process, used 25 pills, room temperature water(same amount, 50ml) and a wet coffee filter, but this time after I drank it I felt literally no effects. I CWE'd 5 more in 1h 20 minutes and drank the extract, even though I didn't filter it good enough and the liquid was a bit cloudy(it's bad, but it was only 5 pills). Still wasn't really buzzing, so I went to sleep in about 40 minutes after that, but I'm pretty sure I felt a little high as I was falling asleep. It's also worth mentioning that other than the ^5 pills, every time I did the CWE, the liquid came out crystal clear.

What would you guys suggest I should do differently in order to get fairly high off the codeine? Some people suggest using lukewarm water and then putting it in the freezer, but wouldn't that allow for more APAP to dissolve? Also I've seen a guy on youtube dissolve the pills in lukewarm water without crushing them up(just by stirring the liquid with a spoon), to make sure that all of the pills were completely dissolved, I was thinking about trying that. None of the "traditional" potentiators(promethazine, benzos) are available to me at the moment.

Last edited:
Either way, is it better to crush the pills into a very fine powder and pour them into cold water or to dissolve them in slightly warm water, without breaking them up?
And also is it necessary to put the cup you mix the pills in into the freezer for a little bit? Or I can just wait for the APAP to settle?

You need to put it in the fridge after you mix it up, the codeine is extremely soluble in water but paracetamol isn't. The freezer helps the paracetamol harden so alot of it stays out of your filter. Also use good paper towel, they work better than coffee filters. Dpnt cheap put though.

Always crush it as fine as possible i get mine to the point where it starts flying around in the wind.

You need to put it in the fridge after you mix it up, the codeine is extremely soluble in water but paracetamol isn't. The freezer helps the paracetamol harden so alot of it stays out of your filter. Also use good paper towel, they work better than coffee filters. Dpnt cheap put though.
Okay, thanks. From what I understand it's even better to almost freeze the liquid and take it out of the freezer right before it starts turning into ice, is that true?

Always crush it as fine as possible i get mine to the point where it starts flying around in the wind.
I tried crushing it with a mortar+pestle and it works a lot better than anything I've tried before, but I feel like when you do that you are inevitably losing some powder in the process which is a bit wasteful

A few days ago I've tried using warm water and extracting all of the liquid as opposed to leaving a little bit on the bottom with the APAP(I used 27 pills with 8mg codeine in them). My pupils became smaller for one and I was zoning out again, but I feel like the effects were still extremely mild. My body probably doesn't turn the codeine into morph that well, so I feel like I should do more

How much pills would you guys suggest doing next time to get me buzzing(8mg codeine/500mg apap)? And also what would be the appropriate ammount of water to use on 35 pills? Last time I've used 60ml on 27 pills and I feel like it was a bit too little, is 100ml safe?

Be careful OP in how you are phrasing your threads. You've done nothing wrong, but we don't like our content to focus around themes like "How can I get the most high, the fastest, the cheapest etc". We do not actively discourage drug use, but we certainly do not encourage it either. Try to frame your threads with the idea of safety and HR being the paramount subjects.