• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Exactly! And that's what I do. As a matter of fact I sometimes leave it in the freezer too long and a layer of ice forms (which I haven't noticed any negative effects from) before I add the ice to maintain temp.

What I was refereing too (quickly cooling the water) is that when the water is warm I use less than 1ml/pill warm water to dilute, shake, and then add the difference (in water amount) of ice to get the proper amount of water (1ml/pill or whatever your preferred amount... Like I said I use slightly more) after melting. This way it sits in the freezer for a much shorter time.

I'll start writing these posts sober... I'm very very bad at it otherwise. I'm tempted to delete everything and re-write it all correctly.

Actually I think that the reason I write this type of thing while stoned is because when I'm sober I don't care about the subject in general. While stoned I LOVE the subject and must feel the need to share the love.

Stay Happy. Stay Safe, my fiends. If someone writes something that you "need to be on LSD understand", as Ksa put it. I'd be seriously cautious of the authors state of mind while authoring it.

You just gave me a fucked up idea...partially freezing the water would allow you to lower the APAP content to near zero because...it's recrystallization principle, the water crystals that form are pure H2O and the impurities are left outside...so APAP will inevitably precipitate...this is a smart thing. It may have looked like you messed up but in fact these were the times when your APAP intake was at a minimum.

It makes sense because it does absolutely nothing to lower the potency after some freezing. I've read people who say it destroys the hydro or alkaloids, but honestly, since I lower the temp with ice before putting the solution in the freezer, I get a very small window before it starts to freeze. Even 5 minutes can cause a good 1/4" of ice, and I've never noticed any potency reduction.

On a separate note, you mentioned in your first critique of my method that a milky solution is unacceptable, but I've tried filtering up to 6 times (years ago when i first started CWE'ing and I was using blue or pink name brand pills), and those were still pinkish or bluish.... Now I use generic 325's and it's a slightly milky color. I've literally let the solution sit overnight in the fridge before and never get any settling. (If I do, I re-filter...) But that's very rare. I'm convinced that with the brands I use, you cannot get a perfectly clear solution. I think of this because yesterday I accidentally let the solution freeze more than normal so the filtering process stayed much colder than normal... Still milky. Any thoughts on this? I've tried various filtering methods over the years including britta (doesn't work) and a "lab grade" filter that just clogged too fast.

It makes sense because it does absolutely nothing to lower the potency after some freezing. I've read people who say it destroys the hydro or alkaloids, but honestly, since I lower the temp with ice before putting the solution in the freezer, I get a very small window before it starts to freeze. Even 5 minutes can cause a good 1/4" of ice, and I've never noticed any potency reduction.

On a separate note, you mentioned in your first critique of my method that a milky solution is unacceptable, but I've tried filtering up to 6 times (years ago when i first started CWE'ing and I was using blue or pink name brand pills), and those were still pinkish or bluish.... Now I use generic 325's and it's a slightly milky color. I've literally let the solution sit overnight in the fridge before and never get any settling. (If I do, I re-filter...) But that's very rare. I'm convinced that with the brands I use, you cannot get a perfectly clear solution. I think of this because yesterday I accidentally let the solution freeze more than normal so the filtering process stayed much colder than normal... Still milky. Any thoughts on this? I've tried various filtering methods over the years including britta (doesn't work) and a "lab grade" filter that just clogged too fast.

Thats ok it means it's the color agent, the problem is, if it settles and it was cloudy before.

It sure didn't seem to be "all wrong" since the end result was amazing. As far as I've been able to tell from the reading I've done APAPs solubility in approx 33 degree F water should be about 1 gram per 100 ml of water. The difference between using the 100ml of water I used versus the 20ml of water you say I should have used would have had a fifth less APAP in it. 1000mg of APAP is an acceptable amount to take at one time.

I like using about 5ml per pill and crushing my pills very fine before I put them into the water, I find I get a better end result. It also filters more quickly and with more liquid there is a better chance for more of the material I want out of the pills to be dissolved. It's not like I used a liter of water and potentially had 10 grams of APAP floating around in it.

CWEs can be done several different ways and if you don't like the way I did it then you don't have to do it that way! The purpose of my post wasn't to teach anybody how to do a CWE, it was a post about the method I used and the end result of that method.

If you do CWEs that take 15 minutes and you get good results that's great! Use whatever method you think gives you the best results.

The truth is that unless you are a chemist using the right equipment and have some way of testing the final products purity level in a lab nobody doing CWEs really has any idea of how much APAP they are removing or how many mg of active ingredient are even really left in their final product.

Hi guy's,

I've read all the various CWE methods and I just wanted to ask a bit of advice on the technique I currently use and one I'm thinking of using.

The method I normally use is this: I get 6 30/500 co codamol, crush them into powder and then empty that powder into 40-50ml of water. I then stir the solution for around a minute and then place the glass containing the solution in the fridge for around 2 hours. Then I take the glass out of the fridge, wet an old shirt and filter the solution through into another glass. Once all the fluid has passed into the second glass I strain the shirt to make sure I have all the codeine. This method always leaves the final product slightly cloudy. So my question here is: Is it ok for the final product to me slightly cloudy? There's always lots of white sludge left on the old shirt so I'm assuming I've removed most of the Paracetamol. So, again with all that said is it safe is the final product is slightly cloudy?

Method 2, is something I tried yesterday. Instead of crushing the tablets into powder and then stirring the powder into the water, I simply broke each pill in half, dropped then into the water without stirring, and then placed the glass into the fridge for 2 hours. The final product this time was crystal clear. I didn't drink the final product from this second methos as I'd already had my dosage from method one for that day, so I can't say if method 2 actually extracted the codeine.

So, which of the 2 methods above sound best to you guys? I'm slightly worried that method 1 leaves the water slightly cloudy, but at the same time I'm not sure is method 2 extracts the codeine because I don't crush the pills and stir them into the water.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

My method is quick and easy. No fridge, no crushing, no problem.

1. Put desired amount of T1's (or DOC) into shot glass. Cover with cool water and about 1/4 " head room. Let sit on counter.

2. Get glass, use a 6" square piece of cotton muslin (fine weave button up shirt material), wet the fabric in cool water, then place over top of glass, using elastic to secure. Use your hand to create slack in the center so your solution has a place to go.

3. After a few minutes, pills are completely dissolved. Pour the clearish liquid in filter. Once that's through, pour the rest of liquid in, scraping with a butter knifes get it all in.

4. Gently remove elastic from glass, gather the cotton by diagonal corners, squeeze out all liquid.

5. You should have a cloudy translucent liquid, add a splash of juice and drink.

some of you are making this far too complicated. I also prepare 3 shot glasses at once and alternate so I never have to wait, just filter when needed. Of course the muslin is reusable hundreds of times, just remove the Tylenol patty, rinse and repeat.

Here's a question...

I have a lot of 10mg Oxycodone tabs. I actually prefer to snort them as they hit harder and faster, though not for as long. However, the vast majority of the tablet is binders going up my nose and snorting any more than 10mg is just a very large quantity of powder and I'd like to snort 2/3 times that.

Can you CWE a large quantity of tablets, then evaporate the water to leave behind pure Oxycodone powder to be snorted?

Do you have pure 10mg oxycodone IR, or are they 10/325?
Ie are you CWE'ing the APAP or just trying to purge the binders?

Friend's butalbital cwe

Ok so i know what a cwe through my experiences in drug use but my friend wanted to know if he could do it with his perscription. It's Fioricet (butalbital 50/acetaminophen 300/ caffeine 40) I told him what i know and it would probably just take out the acetaminophen. Put the Fioricet in cold water, mix, chill, and strain. The thing is he wants to snort the butalbital because he says it hurts like a punch to the nose snorting it how it is.

What i'm thinking is once he gets past the straining step even if he chills the solution his problem is going to be getting a solid powder out of it. He has quite the temper and frankly, i have better things to do then talk him down from a rage due to not getting what he wanted out of the cwe and having to just drink it. I'm thinking the only way past it is to evaporate the water of the solution, which i'm sure he doesn't have the patience for, then scrape the remainder. Does anyone have any other techniques for getting around this? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

One of our members (sorry forget who) likes to use as a nasal spray. Best of both worlds, I think.

I did my cwe using 2 cups with thick walls, i put one in the freezer to cool while i crushed 7 pills (400mg APAP, 15mg Codeine hemihydrate, 30mg caffeine each pill), after this i added @50-100ml of water@20° C in the cooled cup, added the powder and mixed a bit; then i put it in the freezer until it cooled to @2-4° C and got it out and stirred to get a homogenous mix. I took a hydrophile kitchen towel @3mm thick. I filtered the mix and after most of the mix went through the towel I started squeezing it until it drained. I repeated the procedure. The final mix was transparent with milky white tone, it tasted a bit like APAP. On the towel i could see that 80-90% of the quantity of the initial powder was kept away. In about 10-15 minutes my hands went cold but that was the proof i did it right. I am now trying to neutralize the caffeine because it's certain that it makes the codeine weaker than it should be. So if someone has an answer, I'm listening.

The question is: How can you counter the effect of caffeine, it must be something that you can add to weaken it at least. Because for a 100mg of codeine you get @50% more caffeine because of the ratio and you still don t know what s the percentage rate of the codeine in the final mix.

That's hilarious! I would never have the patience for all of that. I started making mine in batches before I go to bed because I have zero patience for this stuff after working all day . I crush the pills, place each dose is separate bowl of warm water and stir, stick them in the freezer for 30 minutes, poor the solution over the cups that I placed a coffee filter on top and go to bed. When I wake up I have all my daily doses looking clear in my glasses and ready to drink. Easy. Tomorrows doses are dripping as I type this in bed lol

i have are read so many things on cwe and I'm still so paranoid about it. Hopefully that's just the anxiety.. I just would hate to think my clear water really had app in it after all.. That would mean I'm consuming over 3,000 mg a day of apap. :(

does anyone know how many hydro's I can cwe at once? It's time I start upping my does... I'm quitting cold turkey soon this is getting out of hand
thanks!

Whats the best CWE tek for poppy seed tea? Google has given me some very mixed results...

The most I've done is 4 Norcos which is my evening and am dosing. Assuming I'm doing it right and not losing the hydro. I use a total of 8 oz of water. It makes it easy to split and I can manage to drink 4 ozs of bitter stuff quickly.

Yeah I usually do 4 at a time too but then take a whole one orally when I drink the solution. I drink mine with diet dr pepper and I don't taste a bitter taste at all. It taste different but I have learned to like the taste now lol

The question is: How can you counter the effect of caffeine

There is no easy way to counter the effects of caffeine from canadian T1s. Filtering through carbon actually removes more codeine than it does caffeine, freeze precipitation doesn't work effectively, etc.

You can extract the caffeine out of an aqueous solution with stuff like DCM, chloroform or ethyl acetate if you have them, but then the resulting water is undrinkable.

BTW the biggest CWE you can do is easily in the hundreds/thousands of pills if you are equipped with proper filtration equipment and are patient.

How important is it to dissolve the pills in warm water. What about completely crushing the pills and using room temp water. Mix it for a few minutes and pop it in the freezer. ? Jw if I messed up

im starting to feel it now.. but just hoping i got all i could out of it. the solution for me is ALWAYS cloudy. i never have a clear solution. and if the cloudiness is APAP im not to worried because it can hardly be dissolved in water. i used 7.5/750mg hydrocodone/APAP pills