• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

Can every combo med be CWE’d?

No. Some combo meds also contain a third ingredient such as an anti-cholinergic. If this third ingredient is potentially dangerous and soluble in water, a CWE will not remove that risk.

Also, there are some preparations of aspirin that are soluble in water. A CWE will not work on these medications.

Note that for brand name Vicoprofen (hydrocodone + ibuprofen) there is a binder named Titanium Dioxide that is used for making skim milk cloudy and milky white which could make your solution look unfiltered even if already has been rendered safer.

How does one know if a particular medication contains this "third ingredient"?

For example:

Hydrocodone - Acetaminophen
Quantity: 24
Generic Name: Nophen 5-500
Substituted For: Vicodin 5-500
Manufacturer: Mallinckrodt

Any feedback with this particular manufacture/type is greatly appreciated.

I've recently done CWE of codeine I evaporated the water to get a powder and have ended up with a shiny browny yellow powder that seems to be allot more(bout 2 gram maybe more will weigh when I have time and post exact weight) than I should have ended up with(codeine used 600mg) .
can anyone tell me what I've done wrong.
Thanks

At least some of the inactive ingredients in your codeine tablets are water soluble.

They were just co-codamal no caffeine(30mg codeine 500mg paracetamol). Could binding agents have got through?

Yes; of course. Micron filtration would be necessary to remove anywhere close to all of the inactive ingredients.

Merging with CWE Megathread.

My setup looks like this:

setup.JPG

Nice setup man, and I thought mine was pro. Might have to go back to doing this when my OC script runs out.

Cold water extraction codeine

Hello,

I'm writing with regards to extracting codeine from 8mg co-codamol, I have done this several times using boiling water first however I tried today dissolving the pills in cold water then putting the liquid in the freezer for 5 minutes. The water was still quite milky even know there was a fair bit of residue at the bottom, i then filtered it through a t-shirts twice, still cloudy. I tried the freezer again and it left a tiny bit more residue so i just drank the liquid that was left. do you think this will be ok?

cheeeeers :)

No need to boil the water...Doesn't make a difference on the yield of codeine and may actually cause more paracetamol to dissolve (not sure about the science, but it's an unnecessary risk nonetheless).

Double, or triple-up your filters if the water's always milky after filtration.

And patience is a virtue. Especially when the liver depends on your patience.

Im Going to do my first cwe pretty soon and i just wanna check if iv got it right

Im gonna get about 20 panafen+ crush them with the bottom of a glass on a chopping board. Pour them into a cup of warm water from the tap (50-100ml) stir until it has all completely dissolved (or most of its dissolved not sure what i do there) then put it in the fridge for a while until its "cold". Then put a teatowel or old shirt over another cup, pour the liquid onto that and let it filter for a few minutes. Then squeeze the rest out of the filter being careful. Then discard of the filter and its contents and then drink the liquid.

Can someone please tell me if that will work fine and any signs i should look for to know if things arnt working properly during the procedure. Thanks

there's no need to use hot water, simply use cool tap water. that's why it's a cold water extraction;)

sounds fine otherwise.

just be careful squeezing through the excess left in the filter, as to not squeeze through a heap of apap after it's been filtered.

I've always used a cutting of a white dress shirt & it works like a charm- tabs must be ground to powder & ice cold...

personally i think crushing the pills is a waste of time and energy. i can't understand people crushing a ton of pills when they dissolve in a matter of minutes to then be stirred and finally filtered.

All went fine. Put in 128mg of codeine, no way I got that much out of it though. It just made me really relaxed and tired Gonna double the dose next time and see how it goes.

Lightly boiling down your cwe to 10-20mls, chilling again in the fridge and then refiltering resulted in a noticeably less jittery caffeine effected high. I used 50 t1's, 8mg codeine 15mg caffeine 325mg apap. Not much solids were visibly filtered but caffeine is not very soluble in chilled water so statistically speaking a decent amount of the caffeine should be gone once filtered. Codeine does not degrade at low temps and is fine to boil, the extreme sensitivity to heat is a myth. Once the filter dried that I put the 15ml boiled and chilled cwe through I was able to scrape off quite a lot of fluffy crystal stuff which I assume was the caffeine.

personally i think crushing the pills is a waste of time and energy. i can't understand people crushing a ton of pills when they dissolve in a matter of minutes to then be stirred and finally filtered.

Pestal and mortar my friend, literally takes 30 seconds for a nice powdery pill pile.

yeah, simply comes down to personal preference. like i said it takes no effort waiting for the pills to dissolve because crushing them with a m&p would be too labour intensive;)

for those people without a m&p using a spoon and whatever else are simply wasting their time and effort.

yeah, simply comes down to personal preference. like i said it takes no effort waiting for the pills to dissolve because crushing them with a m&p would be too labour intensive;)

for those people without a m&p using a spoon and whatever else are simply wasting their time and effort.

I like to consider it a workout, I enjoy intensely grind the fuck out of those pills until they are a powder. Powder flies every where sometimes that is part of the fun.

haha, we should start promoting the health benefits of using a mortar and pestle:D

cold water extraction replacement for coffee filter

I just attempted my first cold water extraction, I have no coffee filters so a used a paper towel instead, is thins a good replacement? would any acetminophen have been able to get through?

A paper towel is better than nothing but I would not trust it with the continued good health of my liver. The chance of it getting sodden and tearing is pretty high. What's stopping you taking 30 minutes to go to the shops and buying a pack of filters?