• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

<censored by user (profile compromised)>

Last edited:
Ms

Don't worry its me, i am Blondie and have no formal education past grade 5 , so i know it can be frustrating trying to explain something to e..lol I'm visual learner too, what i did seem too work although I'm sure i lost a lot do too over filtering being paranoid, but t seem to work for the most part and i understand now that the caffeine is not removed i hear you can do this with activated charcoal, all i can find is activated carbon dint think there the same not sure tho, but wouldn't say doing 25 325/15/15 be too much caffeine, and can anyone Tell me if the way I'm doing it safe enough to be doing i get i clear slightly yellow liquid at the end use about 30 ml water end up with 25? and has anyone tried h charcoal for caffeine

Last edited:

Last edited:
ya i guess so when you put it like that, lol so really even if I'm upping my number pills by 10 each time ts not a lot of caffeine not when I'm a 3 cup a day girl min, but would you say i got the jest of what i am doing? i played around a bit last night(your Kleenex version, felt like a lot more room for error or contamination, idk, but also i noticed i only went up by 4 pills but seemed to have a hard time g it threw the coffee filter it was going to dry up before a drop fell, and since when you first spoke to me of this you said not to use more then 25 ml water i hesitated to increase the water, can you explain the reasoning for this? and would that not filtering have anything to do with switching brands?

and what is the max dose for an extremely opiate tolerant person , what is too much? wheres that line, not knowing has got the fear hit me: (
ya i guess so when you put it like that, lol so really even if I'm upping my number pills by 10 each time ts not a lot of caffeine not when I'm a 3 cup a day girl min, but would you say i got the jest of what i am doing? i played around a bit last night(your Kleenex version, felt like a lot more room for error or contamination, idk, but also i noticed i only went up by 4 pills but seemed to have a hard time g it threw the coffee filter it was going to dry up before a drop fell, and since when you first spoke to me of this you said not to use more then 25 ml water i hesitated to increase the water, can you explain the reasoning for this? and would that not filtering have anything to do with switching brands?

Last edited:

Last edited:
Ms

damn takes me 1.5 hrs although i second guess too much, in this case pro not to ad of a thing tho, and damn i wish i had a diagram..lol just so i know I'm safe while trying out different things, as long as its a mostly clear product at the end the majority of the asap is gone? knowing that i can kinda play around bit more without being nervous, Is 500 mg pushing it on the codeine? sorry try to get te info while your here, so im probly better off with your way because im using so many pills its quite thick so hence the almost impossible filtration

Last edited:
no more than 10mL/pill is needed, even that's overboard on 5 pills. 5 T3's won't need to be extracted because you're not overdosing on apap.

Last edited:
I did a CWE on just 15 mg of hydro (5/325), and wondering how long til it starts to kick in; it was about 10 mins ago. I keep reading varying responses on how long it takes...

You're in for a 20-45min long wait. Depends on your stomach content, etc.

What I want to know is who told you that you needed to waste time running a CWE on 3 pills? You aren't anywhere near the limit on APAP.

In my opinion, you probably ended up wasting more drugs than you extracted with such a small amount of starting material. That dose of APAP won't do you any harm.

It just seems pointless to me, unless you have liver issues, to perform a CWE on 3 pills, or 5 pills, or anything less than at least a ~2-3000mg+ dose of APAP.

To each his own I suppose, though.

I guess some people just like doing CWEs, lol.

Last edited:
hell no i didn't like doing it lol...i was concerned bc i take probably 3000 mg of the apa a day and I thought that might mess w/ my liver. I'll be sticking to just eating them if that's not a big issue. It kicked in like you said after about 40 mins, and wasn't any better than just eating them. Thanks for the advice!

I see. If you take 3000mg a day I can certainly understand your logic. That is a pretty hefty amount, but I think the limit is 4000mg/day. I suppose a cold water extraction isn't a complete waste of time in that case. Liver health is important, although you will lose perfectly good drugs in the process.

It won't be any stronger/better than eating them of course, the whole point is being able to take more at once and not have to worry about the tylenol assaulting your liver.

You should be alright with 975mg of tylenol in one dose, though.

Last edited:
Amount of water

Does the amount of water used to perform an extraction REALLY matter, so long as it's enough to dissolve all the APAP (at room temperature, I mean, before cooling so the APAP precipitates out)? I didn't measure, but rather eyeballed, using probably about two cups (480 mL) for 5 30/300 codeine/APAP pills ...

Is the only reason not to overshoot, water-wise, that the filtration stage takes longer? Or am I missing something with the science, here?

EDIT: I guess another possible reason not to overdo it with the amount of water is that, in the end, you'd have to drink more of the bitter solution ... but honestly the taste, while not great, doesn't bother me that much, so that's a non-issue for me ...

Last edited: