• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine stoppage cold turkey advice needed

mimi89

Greenlighter
Hi all just recently joined, I have been a dihydrocodeine daily user for about 10 years and have just found out I'm pregnant, so have literally stopped, have been taking 150mg 3 or maybe 4 times a day, thing is, it's been 2 days and I haven't had my usual withdrawals (usually feel withdrawals within 12hrs of last using) but right now, both my legs are killing me, I've been taking paracetamol to no avail, was wondering if anyone on here is in my boat, will the withdrawals (cause I know they're coming) affect unborn child? Thanks in advance ☮️

Hi all just recently joined, I have been a dihydrocodeine daily user for about 10 years and have just found out I'm pregnant, so have literally stopped, have been taking 150mg 3 or maybe 4 times a day, thing is, it's been 2 days and I haven't had my usual withdrawals (usually feel withdrawals within 12hrs of last using) but right now, both my legs are killing me, I've been taking paracetamol to no avail, was wondering if anyone on here is in my boat, will the withdrawals (cause I know they're coming) affect unborn child? Thanks in advance ☮️
I highly advise you to speak to your Dr. Withdrawal can affect placenta function so you might be better to taper down. instead. Please do speak to your Dr, they will help with a taper schedule.

The thing is, my doctor wasn't prescribing me them and I don't know if I'd get into trouble because of it, am at the end of my tether, do I maybe take a 30mg dose, instead of the insanely greedy 150mg per dose I was taking?
Thanks for the swift reply, didn't think someone would get back to me so quick xx ☮️

The thing is, my doctor wasn't prescribing me them and I don't know if I'd get into trouble because of it, am at the end of my tether, do I maybe take a 30mg dose, instead of the insanely greedy 150mg per dose I was taking?
Thanks for the swift reply, didn't think someone would get back to me so quick xx ☮️
Honestly, it doesn't matter if your Dr wasn't aware, you will need help to taper off and you will need your Dr to know your history. For the health of you and your baby. Don't feel shame, they will support you. I'm sure you don't plan to continue using after the baby is born so this will be the best way to get help now and for the future.

You have been a user for 10 years, you will need help tapering off to reduce the harm to your baby.

I know, I am Catholic so am very pro life, there are friends who have told me to abort my baby and if I did that I'd be disowned by my strict Irish family this baby is going to change my entire life for the better, I am really ready to stop as I couldn't Imagine the guilt within me if I damaged my little bean in anyway, thanks a million for your kind advice ☮️

I know, I am Catholic so am very pro life, there are friends who have told me to abort my baby and if I did that I'd be disowned by my strict Irish family this baby is going to change my entire life for the better, I am really ready to stop as I couldn't Imagine the guilt within me if I damaged my little bean in anyway, thanks a million for your kind advice ☮️
Speak to your doctor like Msdiz said your health and the health of the baby come first he has to help you . And only you can decide if you want to keep your baby I'm pro choice but my wife is a devout catholic and on our 3rd baby she wanted to have abortion i wanted to keep it she was in 2 minds at the abortion place before giving the pill they listened to the baby heartbeat and my wife and me both teared up that baby my daughter is ten now and so special we had another after her . No one can tell you what to do its your choice listen to what your heart is telling you

I've never heard of kraton, is it available in the UK? Thanks a million x

I've never heard of kraton, is it available in the UK? Thanks a million x
You can get it on the web there is one i get it from a bit of a rip off but it reliable don't think I'm allowed to give site forum rules or check with doctor first or people on here will know pregabalin will give you a pain free easy wd

Speak to your doctor like Msdiz said your health and the health of the baby come first he has to help you . And only you can decide if you want to keep your baby I'm pro choice but my wife is a devout catholic and on our 3rd baby she wanted to have abortion i wanted to keep it she was in 2 minds at the abortion place before giving the pill they listened to the baby heartbeat and my wife and me both teared up that baby my daughter is ten now and so special we had another after her . No one can tell you what to do its your choice listen to what your heart is telling you

I literally am so beyond ready for this 100% immediately I've been taking antenatal vitamins for the baby and looking after myself in general I mean I don't smoke or drink or do anything other than the dihydrocodeine and have tried to kick it many times but I know now this little being is now Inside me I know I can never go back to how I was, thanks a million for your advice ☮️

You can get it on the web there is one i get it from a bit of a rip off but it reliable don't think I'm allowed to give site forum rules or check with doctor first or people on here will know pregabalin will give you a pain free easy wd
Okay I'll give that a go thanks a million 😊 🙏🏻

I literally am so beyond ready for this 100% immediately I've been taking antenatal vitamins for the baby and looking after myself in general I mean I don't smoke or drink or do anything other than the dihydrocodeine and have tried to kick it many times but I know now this little being is now Inside me I know I can never go back to how I was, thanks a million for your advice ☮️
Not a problem reading your posts your baby going to be very lucky having a mom like you I'm sure you will be a great mom

Okay I'll give that a go thanks a million 😊 🙏🏻
Please don't take kratom and definitely not pregabalin whilst pregnant. They are not safe for pregnancy.

Honestly, just be honest with your GP, they will treat you fairly and there are support groups they can signpost you to in order to get some help with addiction behaviour.

Honesty will serve you well and will ensure you and you baby get through this pregnancy as healthy as possible. I am sure you're worried about telling your GP but they have heard all this before and they will support you. If you hide it and something happens and then you are forced to tell the truth it really wouldn't look good Trust me, tell the truth and they will organise a safe taper and you should have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. I really do wish you all the best.

Please don't take kratom and definitely not pregabalin whilst pregnant. They are not safe for pregnancy.

Honestly, just be honest with your GP, they will treat you fairly and there are support groups they can signpost you to in order to get some help with addiction behaviour.

Honesty will serve you well and will ensure you and you baby get through this pregnancy as healthy as possible. I am sure you're worried about telling your GP but they have heard all this before and they will support you. If you hide it and something happens and then you are forced to tell the truth it really wouldn't look good Trust me, tell the truth and they will organise a safe taper and you should have a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. I really do wish you all the best.

You seem to have a lot of faith in doctors. I agree that assuming you have a good doctor, telling them is a no brainer. That's not necessarily a small assumption though, at least in my experience.

What evidence do you have that kratom is any more dangerous than dihydrocodeine during pregnancy?

What evidence do you have that kratom is any more dangerous than dihydrocodeine during pregnancy?
Because there is a significant lack of study on kratom in order to make a determination on its safe use during pregnancy. I would never advise anyone take a supplement that we are still studying to someone who is pregnant.

Taking kratom during pregnancy would still lead to the newborn going through withdrawals.

I do have faith in Drs, I work with a lot of them in the UK and Ireland, of course there are some shit Drs but regardless, they will put the health of the mother and baby first.

It only speaks well of you that you don't want to harm your baby by using, but as Ms Diz said, wds are very taxing on your body from a lot of view points.
Listen to her and Yubacity, go to yours or other doctor and tell them the situation. If they have or have not prescribed you the drugs you are wding from, or what they may or may not think about it is not the question here, keeping you and your baby safe is.
Ask them and research about the safety of pregabalin during pregnancy. If it is safe, it will help you like no other thing, and if you have any doubt about how to use it, Yubacity will fix it up.

By the way, I am also catholic. I am pro life but also pro freedom. I find it great that you want to have your baby and I support you, but if YOU, and no other person, were to think that you should abort, I would be also there supporting you.
I dont think your friends have the right to tell you to abort if you don't want to, but neither has your Irish catholic family to disown you if such were your will. People always have their religion in mouth, but it is not the same religion that I was thaught as a kid, one wich says:
"Don't judge and you won't be judged, don't condemn and you wont be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven". (Luke, 36-38)

Good look and much love, amiga.

It only speaks well of you that you don't want to harm your baby by using, but as Ms Diz said, wds are very taxing on your body from a lot of view points.
Listen to her and Yubacity, go to yours or other doctor and tell them the situation. If they have or have not prescribed you the drugs you are wding from, or what they may or may not think about it is not the question here, keeping you and your baby safe is.
Ask them and research about the safety of pregabalin during pregnancy. If it is safe, it will help you like no other thing, and if you have any doubt about how to use it, Yubacity will fix it up.

By the way, I am also catholic. I am pro life but also pro freedom. I find it great that you want to have your baby and I support you, but if YOU, and no other person, were to think that you should abort, I would be also there supporting you.
I dont think your friends have the right to tell you to abort if you don't want to, but neither has your Irish catholic family to disown you if such were your will. People always have their religion in mouth, but it is not the same religion that I was thaught as a kid, one wich says:
"Don't judge and you won't be judged, don't condemn and you wont be condemned. Forgive and you will be forgiven". (Luke, 36-38)

Good look and much love, amiga.
So true she should find out about pregabalin it is miracle drug but like you said and Msdiz said she got a baby growing inside of her only if doctor said its safe to use . No matter if she was not prescribed the codiene the doctor has a duty of care to her and her baby .

Also your words about being catholic and pro life but pro freedom and it is her decision and hers only. My wife is a devout catholic we started dating at 15 and married at 22 i waited 7 years to have sex with her because of her beliefs. I wanted to keep out 3rd baby but she had very long difficult labors during our first 2 kids and she was scared even though i wanted to keep our third child i had no right to tell her keep baby it was her choice we came minutes away from my wife taking the abortion pill which i knew would mess her head up because of her beliefs thank god they wanted to hear the heart beat first we both teared up now that baby our beautiful special ten year old daughter .

Also way she speaks about being ready for baby and how special she feel about the baby growing inside her she sounds like she be a great mother.

I have no kids, I can't even imagine how hard that situation has to be. Pregnancy sure is a matter of two, but ultimately, it's the woman who has to have the last word.
I am so pleasent that it all ended well and both your wife and your little lady were ok. I am sure you are as good as a father as you are as a man.
Also the Op, Mimi, will be a great mum.

As said I have no kids, but as I am ageing I find myself thinking about them weirdly often. Too late, tho

Hi everyone just to give yous an update: I have been going through such bad WD that I've literally been taking a real low cocodomol, literally 8mg/500 paracetamol, just the 2, I practically lived in the toilet yesterday, my lovely Mammy got me some diarolyte and dry crackers etc, she's wonderful I have doctors later on and I'm just going to put my cards on the table and just tell him everything I got the anxiety in my tummy thar he'll have a go at me, but I've prepared myself for that, anyways much love and ill let yous know how the doctor went xxx

💜☮️💜