• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine safe dosage?

Codeine is very mild by comparison to get off.id recommend getting on codeine to everyone coming off other opiates then coming off the codeine.
Its wds is so mild I've had it produce
mild manageable wds from heavy codeine use multiple times a day to not producing any wds at all after using once a day over multiple years.thats how mild codeine wds can be.great drug.

Agreed - to a point. Codeine withdrawal can be very mild, but trying to substitute codeine for heavier opiates is pretty much doomed to failure IME. I've just recently come off a two month run of codeine at doses up to 300mg per day and the withdrawal effects were minimal - but not insignificant. Codeine doesn't tend to produce the same psychological dependency as heavier opiates and is more physical in nature. Compared to heroin withdrawal it's a breeze. But if you've never experienced anything worse then that can be enough to lead to more serious opiate dependence. Never underestimate the power of codeine addiction...

Agreed - to a point. Codeine withdrawal can be very mild, but trying to substitute codeine for heavier opiates is pretty much doomed to failure IME. I've just recently come off a two month run of codeine at doses up to 300mg per day and the withdrawal effects were minimal - but not insignificant. Codeine doesn't tend to produce the same psychological dependency as heavier opiates and is more physical in nature. Compared to heroin withdrawal it's a breeze. But if you've never experienced anything worse then that can be enough to lead to more serious opiate dependence. Never underestimate the power of codeine addiction...
is this the first time since you got off methadone? beside the poppies you had in the summer/fall

2 months for someone with your experience can lead to some tricky issues, I had it for 2 weeks and got back to the w/d part easily, but nothing crazy just some bowel discomfort, not having hard withdrawal symptoms almost made me use again but after 1 week the effects are really minimal it's just a time filler drug honestly after the first cups. did you plant more poppies?

2 months for someone with your experience can lead to some tricky issues, I had it for 2 weeks and got back to the w/d part easily, but nothing crazy just some bowel discomfort, not having hard withdrawal symptoms almost made me use again but after 1 week the effects are really minimal it's just a time filler drug honestly after the first cups. did you plant more poppies?

No, decided to give it a miss this year for obvious reasons....

Hi bluelighters, hope you guys are safe from Corona!

I was recently prescribed Tramadol 100mg IR for pain, and have been taking it 50mg (half tab) every 3-4 days, sometimes id take 75mg but nonetheless, i add a break of 3-4 days as somehow effects of tramadol linger for 2 days for me....But recently many people have told my how Tramadol is the evil drug so i went to me doc and got prescribed Codeine 15mg/paracetamol 500mg/caffein 30mg...I was thinking on taking 3 tabs...2 at once and 1 an hour later...

Would that be safe?
Euphoria wise, how that get compared to 75mg tramadol?, Any help would be amazing Thanks!

mg for mg Codeine and Tramadol are the same. So if 75mg Tramadol does it for you (fucking lucky!) 75mg Codeine should.
Codeine is more sedating than Tramadol.
If you are on an SSRI or SNRI than usually codeine will be more euphoric. If you are not than usually Tramadol will be. Usually.

Luckily I was wise enough to taper down over several weeks. I got down to about 60mg of codeine a day before jumping off and even for a pussy like me, that was doable. Would have been a different story if I'd jumped straight off 300mg/day...

I asked for codeine and paracetamol as two separate prescriptions, that way I can have 60mg and no paracetamol and if I need paracetamol I can have that as a one off rather than be forced to take it every time I need codeine but to be honest 60mg doesn’t do much for me anymore but I’m afraid to try to a higher dose

Yes. I was thinking the same thing. Too much caffeine can ruin the high of codeine. Although there are people who say that it helps to potentiate it but it's not my case.
yea theres a very very thin line when it comes to caffeine potentiating opiates . if you go over that line, you stop feeling that opiate. IF i was to drink caffeine while taking an opi, i would drink something like a very small glass (1cup) of Soda . Anymore than that, and my high would be completely defeated and i would wind up raising my tolerance accidently thinking the meds aint workin.