• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Codeine Phosphate 30mg -Maximum Single Safe Dose

Crispin_616

Greenlighter
Hi all, I'm a fairly regular user of codeine now (last 2 to 3 months), I take between 6 to 8 tablets a day (180 to 240mg).

I want to take a maximum safe dose for a nice mellow hit.

In terms of dosage considering body weight, I am overweight (reason for being prescribed in the 1st place, back pain), weighing circa 20st (127kg).

I wondered what would be the maximum amount I could take in one go whilst keeping safe, & is there a way to maximize the effect (e.g. placed under lip, fully dissolved in mouth etc.), and/or with any other OTC medication (ibruprofen etc). I'm in the UK in terms of chemists available etc.

Many thanks in advance

Crispin

Hi all, I'm a fairly regular user of codeine now (last 2 to 3 months), I take between 6 to 8 tablets a day (180 to 240mg).

I want to take a maximum safe dose for a nice mellow hit.
Is the 180-240mg/day all in the one single dose, or is that spread out in several doses? What's the max you take in a single dose now?

Codeine has a ceiling effect so there is actually a maximum you can take before it stops having more of an effect, rendering it pointless to take higher doses. The jury is out on what that exact maximum dose is, some reports say around 400mg-ish. From personal experience (and lots of it, I was addicted to codeine for many years), I'd say it's actually much less than that, around 300mg. But hey it might be different for you.

If you do not mix codeine with other substances e.g. alcohol, benzos, other opiates, it's actually pretty forgiving in terms of safety. You could for example take 180mg and see how you feel, then 30-40 minutes later take another 30-60mg if you want a bit more. Always remember that you can always take more of a substance if you want to, you can never take less, so start with a lower dose and work your way up.

Thank you very much, I usually take 4 sometimes 5 tablets at a time. I've been a little nervous doing more. I'll take it up gradually and be mindful of the ceiling, good advice thanks again 👍

Book said ceilling effect aroung 500mg..i think around even 1g,but i am heavier.It depends also on cytochrom adverse reactions and level&quantity of acrltive metavolit.Better lay on lower 0.4-5g dos,if you tolerant

Book said ceilling effect aroung 500mg..i think around even 1g,but i am heavier.It depends also on cytochrom adverse reactions and level&quantity of acrltive metavolit.Better lay on lower 0.4-5g dos,if you tolerant
I've tried taking higher doses many many times (codeine fiend!!) and anything over 300mg-ish in a single dose for me is a total waste of codeine in my experience. For a nice enjoyable high my ultimate is about 250mg. It might vary for different people quite a lot though?

I should also note @Crispin_616 that high doses of codeine can make you feel nauseous (common with opiates), give you a headache and make you feel a bit agitated. So another reason not to go too high with the dose.
When you take 4-5 tablets at a time you should be feeling a nice warm buzz from that. Do you?

I'm whit N3ophy, no point in taking more than say 300 or so. Problem for me is if I were to take such a dose in one go I would scratch the living shit out of my poor skin, if I don't dose an antihistaminic before. If you do so, remember antihistaminics work as potentiators with opioids.

the only thing to potentiate it otc would be antihistamine like ^ said above. since you're uk you should be able to walk in and get sominex (promethazine) no problem and cheap as well. i believe the ratio for dosing them is 10mg:6.25 codeine: prom in US formulations but maybe do some research to see if thats ideal or not. and yea 400mg is the supposed max dose so id stay under that, 250mg all at once wiith prom should be a good enjoyable high at your tolerance.

I've tried taking higher doses many many times (codeine fiend!!) and anything over 300mg-ish in a single dose for me is a total waste of codeine in my experience. For a nice enjoyable high my ultimate is about 250mg. It might vary for different people quite a lot though?

I should also note @Crispin_616 that high doses of codeine can make you feel nauseous (common with opiates), give you a headache and make you feel a bit agitated. So another reason not to go too high with the dose.
When you take 4-5 tablets at a time you should be feeling a nice warm buzz from that. Do you?
Yes, I've settled at 5 to 6 tablets at a time, nice warm feeling, had 7 once and made me feel sick, headache and agitated, just as you described, thanks

Hey guys, just wondered what would be an accumulative limit for a day, say 5 tablets in the morning, & 5 in the afternoon, would that seem reasonable (300mg total)? Thanks

Last edited:
Hey guys, just wondered what would be an accumulative limit for a day, say 5 tablets in the morning, & 5 in the afternoon, would that seem reasonable (300mg total)? Thanks
Yeah for sure.
Just be wary of your doses creeping up. Codeine is very moreish and you do build a tolerance to it reasonably quickly.

Yeah for sure.
Just be wary of your doses creeping up. Codeine is very moreish and you do build a tolerance to it reasonably quickly. If you start to find that you need more and more to feel the warm fuzzy feeling, sacrifice 3-4 days of taking very low doses or none at all to get your tolerance back down, then take 150mg again after a bit of a break. You'll notice the difference.
Thank you, very helpful

Hi there, I have some codeine tablet left ( 30 mg each ) usually people down here crunch em and make a sort of "lean", but I don t feel like drinking a Litre of Sprite and shit and I am day 3 of a forced (by lack of product :eek::eek::eek::eek:) oxys w-d. i used to take 160-180- at times 200 mgs of oxys per day. Can I crush the tables and parachute them and have something of a buzz?

Hi there &thanks for your reply!
How many have you got?
46 pills , 30mg each

Is your aim to get high or to keep your withdrawals at bay?
Look, the worst of my withdrawals are kept at bay by Kratom (last time took 7-8 hours ago, 10 grams). Physically I am not at my 100% but I´m okish with kratom
If codeine can only keep the withdrawal at way I´ll still use it 9 ho you reckon? but if i can get high from this thing, the better! Especially because the worst part of my w-d are mental, I feel depressed, like shit and you know the drill, I miss the opiate high and I start fooling around which drugs I despise ( coke) or that I am afraid of ( xanax). If codeine can save the day while my " dr" gts its shit together I would be happy

Last edited:
my spiritual father here on BL when it comes to kratom is @jasperkent maybe he can add something if he feels like it
1) Kratom is a strange duck, at times it blocks the high of other opiates, to not waste the codeine i ´ll do the dirt tomorrow morning when k will be out of my system.
2) so, how much much codeine I need you reckon? Consider I have been clean ( from opiates) for 3 days and lean is not an option.

PS that´s very STUPID of Australia to ban kratom, has been a lifesaver for many , you should start a movement against this BS of a law ASAP!

I KNOW!!!!! Australia is ridiculously strict with illicit drug laws. It is endlessly frustrating, not only from a user's perspective but also from a harm reduction perspective. It's so counter-productive to be SO fucking strict, it is much more dangerous than if they loosened up a little and focused on drug education and providing access to support services. Omfg don't get me started 🤦‍♀️
As I might have already told here on BL I travelled a lil bit but I´m originally Italian, and lots of Italians, myself included, has some relatives who immigrated there in the 50´s - 60´s, hence I had this romantic idea of "Australia, the land of freedom and opportunities!" THen more recently lots of friends of mine from every paths of life ( druggies, non druggies, hard workers, criminals, etc) went there and they ALL told me : beautiful country, but you don t wanna go live there". After all it started as a prison and is still ...managed as one maybe? But I wanna see with my eyes, plus I´ve heard your heroin is great, coming from asia and stuff....

Ma friend got me blister from 30mg codeine phosphate.And I am on bupe around-3-4mg.Yesterdaybi took 4 pillz(120mg) and i fuckin', feel it....on top of vupe...yeh very light buzz,but i feei it definitely.Codeine is ok.If you make it easier for you to get through PAWS you can use a little bit,when the pressure got tooheavy.(if a Kratom did not fit you well)..it's weak drug,building fast tolerance,but withdrawls also are relatively easy...so nice product for me

As I might have already told here on BL I travelled a lil bit but I´m originally Italian, and lots of Italians, myself included, has some relatives who immigrated there in the 50´s - 60´s, hence I had this romantic idea of "Australia, the land of freedom and opportunities!" THen more recently lots of friends of mine from every paths of life ( druggies, non druggies, hard workers, criminals, etc) went there and they ALL told me : beautiful country, but you don t wanna go live there". After all it started as a prison and is still ...managed as one maybe? But I wanna see with my eyes, plus I´ve heard your heroin is great, coming from asia and stuff....
Look, all things considered, it actually is a great place to live. It's got its pros and cons but overall it's reasonably peaceful, clean, people are friendly, the healthcare is very good I must say. It's just really expensive, that's all.

Oh shit I forgot to ask, do the tablets have paracetamol in them?? Or just codeine?

Look, all things considered, it actually is a great place to live. It's got its pros and cons but overall it's reasonably peaceful, clean, people are friendly, the healthcare is very good I must say. It's just really expensive, that's all.

Oh shit I forgot to ask, do the tablets have paracetamol in them?? Or just codeine?
Just codeine (fosfato de codeina in Portuguese)

Last edited:
my spiritual father here on BL when it comes to kratom is @jasperkent maybe he can add something if he feels like it
1) Kratom is a strange duck, at times it blocks the high of other opiates, to not waste the codeine i ´ll do the dirt tomorrow morning when k will be out of my system.
2) so, how much much codeine I need you reckon?
I'm honored that you consider me jasperkratom, but honestly I can't answer your question. I haven't taken codeine in decades and I never had much experience with it. I can only tell you that when I laid off the kratom for one day and then took oxycodone... well, it was a waste of money and oxy. 60mg felt like 10mg. Very disappointing. So definitely quit kratom for more than a day....something I knew already but tried to rush it anyway. That's me: always looking for a shortcut. Rarely works.