• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine OD

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a antidote for cocaine as there is for Heroin. Coke OD's are usually serious such as heart attacks, brain heamrages(sp.) and severe ones usually require urgent hospitalization. Coke IV'd increases the OD risks immensely due to the strain on your body, your heart in particular. I've never smoked crack before as it's not available here, so im not sure about the OD potential.

I heard this from a non-reputable site, a DARE site actually, but anyway ... I heard a drug called narcain can help in a cocaine OD. I would search for it, but hey, this thread is alive. Anyone else heard if this drug, or is DARE pulling another myth on me?

Only thing you should ever give someone or take yourself in the event of a coke OD/ or just a very high dose is a benzo. Such as Xanax or Valium, if they don't feel better or are showing signs of getting worse such as any type of seizure, etc you should get them to a hospital immediately - it's not worth the risk.

And damn there is some serious bullshit floating around in this thread..first off as already said, do NOT give someone alcohol to drink or drink alcohol yourself if OD'ing on coke. Very very very bad advice. Also, the effects of an OD are a lot worse than 'being sick'.

Geetered:
and i didnt inject all that much just a little under a gram but the dude said it was regular street coke

That is a fuckload of coke to shoot in one hit! I'm not in the least bit surprised you OD'd. I mean..who here has 1 gram lines? Yeah exactly, not many. And the fact that coke is potentiated many times when injected just shows your ignorance. You shot way too much.

chinacat, that's right, narcan is used for heroin OD. I distinctly remember hearing about a new drug used for cocaine OD, but I am thinking of the wrong name. And it probably wasn't true anyway.

To my knowledge there is no narcan eqivelent.

I know this is the obvious advice (and has even been posted earlier), but

How good do you feel per 1/5 gram line after you have done lets say 1g in a night?

For me it's a no brainer. First line (1/10th gram) is great, and fuckin a does it get progressively worse throughout the night By the end you are using a lot of coke that could make you much happier on another night. I guess not everyone has their frugality come between their drug use, but think about it. You can get plenty outta hand and have lots of fun on a gram or less.

go-ee said:
Only thing you should ever give someone or take yourself in the event of a coke OD/ or just a very high dose is a benzo. Such as Xanax or Valium, if they don't feel better or are showing signs of getting worse such as any type of seizure, etc you should get them to a hospital immediately - it's not worth the risk.

Damn right go-ee most hospitals will give you an iv benzo. Ill always have valuims with me when im on a bender. One time i got trimmers and palpatatons so bad I couldn't get or move not a full on seizure. 30mg ground up and swallowed v brouhgt me back down .

Big Bump!

I know I'm a little late in the game, but this page shows up #1 on Google for cocaine OD[/U], so I'm going to share my thoughts on this matter.

FOOD & WATER.
It makes perfect sense. high blood pressure, constricted blood vessels... You need to get that out of your bloodstream. I'm sure even McDonalds meal (as unhealthy as it is) would help, though I'd personally go for a spinach salad with chicken (and every veggie you can think of!), a cup of kombucha tea, 1 small can of almonds, a carrot, 1 banana, a cup of yogurt followed by an orange (citric acid breaks down calcium), and some sushi. (pack on the ginger and eat lots of edamame!).

I'm pretty sure that's the ultimate food combo- it covers all the bases. I eat that exact meal the night before I run a 5k or 10k. The guys from Kenya always win, but I'm usually in the top 100, (not bad for a skinny white guy) but the real kicker is that I don't even train.

Trust me, waking up from a seizure on the other side of the room, bruised all over and bleeding is NOT fun.
at least someone here knows what their talking about. A buddy of mine almost killed a friend and myself liike twice in the same die on the same highway. He start seizuring at the wheel & we were use 2 pplz ODing while driving so we took the wheel but his foot locked on the gas & we went flying Lol. He came to like 15 seconds later.. This effected him all day, It was nasty & concerning. Only got bad when hed smoke Cookies(Freebase!) with his katz.

well if you over dose it will be a serious heart problem in which the person must go to the emergency room because they are the only one that have access to what is needed including monitoring blood levels and heart rate

I know I'm a little late in the game, but this page shows up #1 on Google for cocaine OD[/U], so I'm going to share my thoughts on this matter.

FOOD & WATER.
It makes perfect sense. high blood pressure, constricted blood vessels... You need to get that out of your bloodstream. I'm sure even McDonalds meal (as unhealthy as it is) would help, though I'd personally go for a spinach salad with chicken (and every veggie you can think of!), a cup of kombucha tea, 1 small can of almonds, a carrot, 1 banana, a cup of yogurt followed by an orange (citric acid breaks down calcium), and some sushi. (pack on the ginger and eat lots of edamame!).

I'm pretty sure that's the ultimate food combo- it covers all the bases. I eat that exact meal the night before I run a 5k or 10k. The guys from Kenya always win, but I'm usually in the top 100, (not bad for a skinny white guy) but the real kicker is that I don't even train.

PLEASE DON'T SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

A cocaine OD is not something where you will have the opportunity to say " I think I will have something nutritious to eat" or "I think I will drive myself to the hospital".

It happens so quickly, you don't have time to find a safe place to land. Your legs give out all of the sudden, you fall hard, crashing into whatever is near. Your hands and legs uselessly thrash about. If it's mild, you retain consiousness, and it's over in a few minutes.

If you do a bit more than that (all at once) you have a grand mal seizure, lose consiousness and (hopefully) wake up remembering nothing. If you are unlucky you end up with cardiac arrest, stroke or death. 8o

FC

cocaine OD's will usally just make you sick...no theres nothing that reverses the cocaine effects.

"Wow! I never knew that! Now I know I can do as much coke as I want and never die! I guess those reports of cocaine overdoses were just scare tactics. I feel much better now." ***goes and does an eightball in an hour - dies*** This is supposed to be harm reduction. That kind of advise is what causes people's lives to end.

But anyway. No. There is no "Narcan" for cocaine.

ok. Not proud of this but, stumbled into huge cocaine connection. Reverted back to the way i used to enjoy coke when i was a kid. We booted it. All the time. Thought snorting was such a waste. I have OD'd 4 times in the last year. Ugly stuff. Once did a HUGE boot directly into artery. This caused complete cocaine psychosis. Very Ugly. Very Frightening. At least 50 men trying to break into my house to harm me -- I was fighting every one of them, throwing some real quality punches -- at ghosts. They obviously were not even there. Ended up in hospital checking my heart and loaded me up with ativan. The problem with getting this high injecting cocaine is that it is a very fine line between heaven and hell. To get to the point where you can hear the water burning and the ceiling fan sounds like a turbine, etc............this is called shooting the moon and is just so close to another OD. My advice?? Find a different way to get high. I know this will not end well for me.

Last edited:
Ruffuss, been there, done that. I am glad you posted that. I always like hearing that others have experienced what I experienced during my coke shooting days. I mean, I'm not glad you went through that, but I'm glad that I am not alone.

Anyway, this thread is retarded. I don't know the answer so I'm not trying to make one up. I'm reading this to get educated and I have read so much bullshit, I don't know what is going on.

Somebody said something about this guy IVing a gram.. I think he meant he did a gram over the period of the night.. not one shot. Sometimes you need to read between the lines, dude.

Coke sucks.. it took a 6-9 month binge of shooting it like crazy for me to find that out. Of course, it sucks for me, I'm sure some people enjoy it and do it in a safer way than I did. I recently tried some (snorted) after not doing it for 2+ years. That 2+ years ago I was banging the hell out of it, I can't even give u a habit amount because I was so out of it. I totally lost it, complete Drug-Induced Psychosis, weighed 102 lbs when I went to detox. I am 5'9" so.. 102 lbs is not normal. I weigh 175 now and look pretty average/skinny.

Fortunately I never had a full on OD or seizure. I did have some scary ass experiences where I was positive I was about to die though. One time I remember shooting some and then I kept feeling this skip in my heart, not like a normal palpitation. It was like something was passing through my heart, then going through my body then through my heart again. Also, during that, when I would lay down, all this liquid/blood/whatever would rush to one side of my body and I can't even explain how weird of a feeling that was.

IVing coke (well IVing anything) is serious shit. I hope people know to be safe, careful, educated, and have someone with you. It is not good to shoot anything alone unless you have had a serious habit for a while, IMO.

I don't know why I posted this.. just wanted to share my experience. But seriously, people, please don't post bullshit info on Bluelight. I don't want to get some bad advice when I really need some truth and I don't want that for anyone else either.

G'Day.

i've never heard of a drug that will reverse the effects of a cocaine OD.. I'm sure in hospital they might give you beta blockers or something simiilar to slow down your heart rate maybe, but i think cocain OD's that result in death are pretty instantanious...

Status
Not open for further replies.