• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine cocaine induced anxiety disorder

go canada!

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT STFU YOU LITTLE TROLL get out of here with your false rants and blasphemy. To the official poster I am kind of in the same situation as you but I do not abuse stimulants. I think it is because of years of prescribed use of Ritalin as a child that just somehow maybe permanently changed me/damaged me in some way and I personally find Weed one of the ONLY and VERY HELPFUL long-term solutions to all of my problems. Except money..... I can not grow and am not rich enough to have an endless supply. Also you DEFINITELY did not have high quality purity Cocaine my guess was it could of been cut with Methamphetamine considering how long your side effects lasted.
That makes sense..

If it was cut with meth, wouldn't I have felt something more? I barely got high. Weed is actually NOT damaging to your brain long term. Studies have proved that. But I want to get full tests done on my heart, because I definitley feel like there is just something wrong. My anxiety is not caused by emotions, but by physical symptoms that make me anxious. For example, my chest will hurt and my heart will rumble in my chest, thus causing anxiety as to why these things are happening. I have palpitations constantly 24/7 no matter if I'm anxious or not. It's just a scary thought

sounds like

You should be wearing a heart monitor for a day or two.. it really could have been cut with anything.. for example, people spray water on weed.. coke costs 10x weed.. think of the possibilities..

I used cocaine for the first time 3 days ago. The high was not even that great, but the after effects were devastating. I had uncontrollable anxiety and panic attacks with heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat even till this moment. I have been taking valiums to battle this, but I cant help but worry I forced some anxiety disorder out into the open.

It's possible, but not as likely as it having been cut with another stimulant like an amphetamine, it simply could have made you notice a pre-existing heart condition. Or maybe you're just noticing it now because you're paranoid.

Does anyone have any knowledge about how long the after effects will last? I only tried it once and it was only a few lines, but I have been miserable and barely able to breathe for 3 days now. I worry I have done permanent damage to my heart and or mind. Is there anyone that has had this reaction that can give me some advice or words of solace? Oh, and I WILL NEVER TOUCH COCAINE AGAIN! Ill stick to my weed. Definitely not worth this terrible long lasting comedown.

The only similar stories I have heard about cocaine and other stimulants causing issues like this resulted in them finding out they had a pre-existing heart condition.

If you have not used in three days and this is still happening, you should go to a doctor. Or at the very least, have a good friend come over and check your pulse and see if it's just you being paranoid or if there is a real problem - and then go to the doctor.

And DO NOT smoke marijuana while you're having these issues.

Marijuana increases your heartbeat to up to 50% and that can further cause irregularities.

In fact, don't consume any other drugs, period until you have this issue resolved.

And don't let it go on for days. Go to the doctors sooner than later. You can just make up a story that you were out somewhere like a coffee shop and dropped a piece of gum, weren't looking and all of the sudden after you chewed on it, your mouth went numb and you realized there was a bag of what you now believe to be cocaine on the floor.

And if they ask you if you use other drugs, try to evade the question without lying or just say "I've smoked marijuana in the past". That stuff gets put on paper and can haunt you forever as a "drug seeker".

It seriously sucks having been an opiate addict for years. I had a torn ligament two years ago, and because my abuse of opiates had been put in some file, I was tagged as a drug seeker and all I got was Robaxin and "good luck". I didn't want opiates, but Jesus, Advil is more effective than Robaxin. There are dozens of other muscle relaxers and pain blockers - and Heaven's forbid you try to break this news to a doctor.... they're professionals, you're just a junkie who has studied more about pain management than could be taught in eight years of med school.....

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT STFU YOU LITTLE TROLL get out of here with your false rants and blasphemy. To the official poster I am kind of in the same situation as you but I do not abuse stimulants. I think it is because of years of prescribed use of Ritalin as a child that just somehow maybe permanently changed me/damaged me in some way and I personally find Weed one of the ONLY and VERY HELPFUL long-term solutions to all of my problems. Except money..... I can not grow and am not rich enough to have an endless supply. Also you DEFINITELY did not have high quality purity Cocaine my guess was it could of been cut with Methamphetamine considering how long your side effects lasted. Or some type of nasty RC who knows.

Here are 5 well known studies linking cannabis to anxiety, psychosis, neurological dysfunction and depression:

^ Henquet C, Krabbendam L, Spauwen J, et al. (January 2005). "Prospective Cohort Study of Cannabis Use, Predisposition for Psychosis, and Psychotic Symptoms in Young People.". British Medical Journal 330 (7481): 11. doi:10.1136/bmj.38267.664086.63. PMC 539839. PMID 15574485.

^ Patton GC, Coffey C, Carlin JB, Degenhardt L, Lynskey M, Hall W (November 2002). "Cannabis Use and Mental Health in Young People: Cohort Study.". British Medical Journal 325 (7374): 1195–1198. doi:10.1136/bmj.325.7374.1195. PMC 135489. PMID 12446533.

^ Moore THM, Zammit S, Lingford-Hughes A et al. (2007). "Cannabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: a systematic review". Lancet 370 (9584): 319–328. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(07)61162-3. PMID 17662880.

^ Gonzalez R (September 2007). "Acute and Non-Acute Effects of Cannabis on Brain Functioning and Neuropsychological Performance". Neuropsychology Review 17 (3): 347–61. doi:10.1007/s11065-007-9036-8. PMID 17680367.

CEREBRAL ATROPHY IN YOUNG CANNABIS SMOKERS
A.M.G. Campbell,M. Evans,J.L.G. Thomson,M.J. Williams
The Lancet - 4 December 1971 ( Vol. 298, Issue 7736, Page 1219 )
DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(71)90542-3

But I don't suppose that you are genuinely interested in scrutinising your opinions.

S

Weed may help some people with anxiety & it may be worse for others. I dont smoke weed anymore myself because it doesnt do it for me anymore, meaning the high I would get from weed. As far as your palpitations, I recommend getting tested again. Its is a way that your body is telling you that something isnt right.

Sometimes I think we are guinea pigs that doctors are studying on with adderall & other stims.

I'm going to go the doctor and say I think it's either I have an anxiety disorder, or heart problems. Hopefully it's just an anxiety thing that therapy and breathing exercises will help. But it's better safe then sorry. I hope my doctor is understanding and tries his best to find the issue either way

sounds like

A good idea. Breathing exercises could help in federal.. a heart monitor will record info on your heart. You will record a journal. Bring them back, you should have had some data about your hearts details.. im sure you know what I mean.. good luck..

That's what I'm going to ask to have done. The time from here to there is miserable though. I hate having palpitations 24/7. It's like I get no break at all. I just hope the doctor doesn't shrug what I say off.

That's what I'm going to ask to have done. The time from here to there is miserable though. I hate having palpitations 24/7. It's like I get no break at all. I just hope the doctor doesn't shrug what I say off.

be prepared to go back. a dr will always get you there often.. you will most likely get refered to a cardiologist. then they will send you to hospital to get ekg. 4 or 6 sticky nodes, old school tape walkman sized unit and a little journal. you cant take the leads off.. wear it for x days, then drop it off and wait for a call. thats how it goes around here.. you better find a way to relax in the meantime, stressing isnt helpful. and they arent going to hook you up tomorrow.. go to the doctor and tell him you are having a heart attack or whatever, your not a dr... if they cant figure something out disclose about the coke, if you are still having issues..

Thanks for all your help, and Ive been trying to relax. I work at a warehouse and yesterday towards the end of my shift, my heart was rumbling and I kept getting sweat flashes. That made me anxious and then I had some trouble breathing. I just want to go back to smoking weed and chilling. Fuck coke, I should have never touched it. I know someone said to not smoke weed but it does help. I smoked a bowl last night and had a worry free fun night playing my Xbox.

Bluegreenman - would you let us know what happens when you see a doctor? I'm curious to see what sort of treatment/attitude you receive.

S

Weed may help some people with anxiety & it may be worse for others. I dont smoke weed anymore myself because it doesnt do it for me anymore, meaning the high I would get from weed. As far as your palpitations, I recommend getting tested again. Its is a way that your body is telling you that something isnt right.

Sometimes I think we are guinea pigs that doctors are studying on with adderall & other stims.

I know we are.

Cannabis is, for me, a very effective anti-anxiety drug. Aren't we talking about cocaine though?

Here are 5 well known studies linking cannabis to anxiety, psychosis, neurological dysfunction and depression:

^ Henquet C, Krabbendam L, Spauwen J, et al. (January 2005). "Prospective Cohort Study of Cannabis Use, Predisposition for Psychosis, and Psychotic Symptoms in Young People.". British Medical Journal 330 (7481): 11. doi:10.1136/bmj.38267.664086.63. PMC 539839. PMID 15574485.

^ Patton GC, Coffey C, Carlin JB, Degenhardt L, Lynskey M, Hall W (November 2002). "Cannabis Use and Mental Health in Young People: Cohort Study.". British Medical Journal 325 (7374): 1195–1198. doi:10.1136/bmj.325.7374.1195. PMC 135489. PMID 12446533.

^ Moore THM, Zammit S, Lingford-Hughes A et al. (2007). "Cannabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: a systematic review". Lancet 370 (9584): 319–328. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(07)61162-3. PMID 17662880.

^ Gonzalez R (September 2007). "Acute and Non-Acute Effects of Cannabis on Brain Functioning and Neuropsychological Performance". Neuropsychology Review 17 (3): 347–61. doi:10.1007/s11065-007-9036-8. PMID 17680367.

CEREBRAL ATROPHY IN YOUNG CANNABIS SMOKERS
A.M.G. Campbell,M. Evans,J.L.G. Thomson,M.J. Williams
The Lancet - 4 December 1971 ( Vol. 298, Issue 7736, Page 1219 )
DOI: 10.1016/S0140-6736(71)90542-3

But I don't suppose that you are genuinely interested in scrutinising your opinions.

S

You can quote whatever shit studies you want, you don't know what you are talking about. The only thing I agree about is Marijuana has an association with anxiety (temporarily, when too much is consumed). I can't be bothered arguing with you however. It is way off the mark to say weed causes brain damage.

You don't really need anything. Just about everything that isn't really good for you, is bad for you to one degree or another. BUT if you choose wisely, you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. Most of the time..

I used cocaine for the first time 3 days ago. The high was not even that great, but the after effects were devastating. I had uncontrollable anxiety and panic attacks with heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat even till this moment. I have been taking valiums to battle this, but I cant help but worry I forced some anxiety disorder out into the open. Does anyone have any knowledge about how long the after effects will last? I only tried it once and it was only a few lines, but I have been miserable and barely able to breathe for 3 days now. I worry I have done permanent damage to my heart and or mind. Is there anyone that has had this reaction that can give me some advice or words of solace? Oh, and I WILL NEVER TOUCH COCAINE AGAIN! Ill stick to my weed. Definitely not worth this terrible long lasting comedown.

PLEASE READ!!!
I experienced very very very similar things, if not exact. One night of binging on cocaine and alcohol use and the next morning I felt so weird and off and scared. Constantly anxiousness and very frequent panic attacks along side and ER visit. For nearly 3 months I could barely sleep and waken up in constant fear for no reason what so ever. My thoughts were so weird, didn't feel myself at all and most of the time had a feeling of "drunkness" or derealization. It all seemed to be for no reason either. Constant thought of "my life is over" felt I would go insane or lose control and hurt myself. It was by far the worst experience I have ever gone through. One of the worst things I did was read every little thing on the Internet. I convinced myself I had Lyme disease, a brain tumor, heart attack, aids, cancer and so much more. I literally felt out of control of everything. One thing I learned is that your cannot control your thoughts. My mind seemed like it was racing a thousands miles an hours. Visited 15+ doctors of so many feilds and said it was "anxiety" which yes it was but that term is so broad. It was debilitating me. I would get the weirdest and scariest dreams, little chest pain, numbness in my face hands and feet, headaches, scary scary thoughts, emotional, spaced out and the absolute worst was the "derealization/depersonalization" it was living hell. I was scared of so many things that didn't make sense, certain random songs, sounds, settings and so much more. I couldn't live where I was at so was at my parents house most of the time. Couldn't work or socialize like I used to and wasn't my confident normal self as I was. I had lost my feeling of masculinity. All of this at 20 years old. I tried Zoloft and lexapro seperate times and both gave me terrible/unbearable a side effects. Yes you must accept it for what it is but I was eventually perscribed buspirone and holy S*** did it change my life. It takes time but I was on 5 mg 3 times a day and after about a week I started noticing a little difference especially in my sleep. My brain and body were healing. At around 2-3 weeks I felt very very close to my normal self. I don't have these crazy scary thoughts and I was excited for my future like I had always been before. I thank god every day that this happened because before I was using drugs and binge drinking all of the time. I believe it all happened for a reason and will never touch drugs again. I don't drink much anymore and will never push the limits again. But one thing is certain for who ever is reading this that needs help, NEVER EVER give up, I know what it feels like and every one on this damn internet says they have it for 5,10,15,30 years and you seem hopeless but that's crap. You will get through this and will take time but please don't be afraid to try meds, and please try buspirone first. I had little to zero side effects. This was also along side of occasional therapy and knowledge of GAD. You will get through this, I promise you. And when you do, life is so much better than it ever was.