• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine cocaine induced anxiety disorder

bluegreenman

Bluelighter
I used cocaine for the first time 3 days ago. The high was not even that great, but the after effects were devastating. I had uncontrollable anxiety and panic attacks with heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat even till this moment. I have been taking valiums to battle this, but I cant help but worry I forced some anxiety disorder out into the open. Does anyone have any knowledge about how long the after effects will last? I only tried it once and it was only a few lines, but I have been miserable and barely able to breathe for 3 days now. I worry I have done permanent damage to my heart and or mind. Is there anyone that has had this reaction that can give me some advice or words of solace? Oh, and I WILL NEVER TOUCH COCAINE AGAIN! Ill stick to my weed. Definitely not worth this terrible long lasting comedown.

I dont know. I actually use cocaine a lot of times and have never any problems, also I suffered in the past of anxiety, panic attacks and benzodiazepine addiction.

I used to suffer from anxiety attacks, but I was fine for months. Then I tried cocaine and ive been depressed and super anxious :( I guess Im just not made for cocaine.

The effects you described are more typically felt by chronic and/or heavy users. I am very surprised the effects have lasted for this long.

My inclination is to think that an adulterant (cut) is to blame rather than the cocaine itself. Acute intoxication of cocaine is no where near 3 days.

Possibly psychosomatic as well...

It is highly possible the cocaine you had was of very poor quality. I.e containing some horrible cuts, and possibly even some other active ingredients like amphetamine or some other shitty stimulant.

This effects are not abnormal, but I am surprised they would still be effecting you three days later and you only did a few lines.

Have you had anxiety issues in the past? If you are taking valium to combat it and you are still having issues, it is hard to say what the deal is.. Unfortunately we cannot accurately diagnose you via the internet.

If these symptoms continue to persist, or get worse, I would highly suggest going to the doctor jsut to make sure everything is alright. you don't necessarily have to say you were using cocaine. But they can do a few simple tests, to see if it is something other than simple anxiety problems.

I would be very surprised if it were anythign serious, but it cannot hurt to get it checked out.

Personally, due to my extensive stimulant use when I was younger I have very horrible anxiety/insomnia/RLS problems now due to it and without benzos/neurontin I cannot function.

Bottom line - see if the symptoms continue and if it is still worrying you, please go to the doctor.

It sounds like it triggered and underlying medical issue. The advise of from a doctor should be much advised

It seems to happen to alot of people that their mood or anxiety issues only begin to present upon use of whatever drug. I have had anxiety and dissasociation since I first tried weed.

I think it will get better and that you should leave the valium alone or at least be sparing with it. But most importantly, why are you using weed if you know you are prone to anxiety? Weed is terrible for that. Even in cases of people who use and love weed and seem to "agree" with it, they are invariably some of the most anxious people around - the ones I have met anyway.

S

It seems to happen to alot of people that their mood or anxiety issues only begin to present upon use of whatever drug. I have had anxiety and dissasociation since I first tried weed.

I think it will get better and that you should leave the valium alone or at least be sparing with it. But most importantly, why are you using weed if you know you are prone to anxiety? Weed is terrible for that. Even in cases of people who use and love weed and seem to "agree" with it, they are invariably some of the most anxious people around - the ones I have met anyway.

S

I am experienced in a lot of different drugs and use them responsibly. I know all the chemical structures and what transmitters they work on or how they effect the body and mind. I find weed to be a very relaxing feeling for me, and I use benzos sparingly. I wanted to add cocaine to the list of drugs I could responsibly use sparingly, but I had a very negative reaction on the comedown. I actually feel better now. It took 3 days for my mind to go back to normal. I think that cocaine and my chemical makeup do not match. I didn't even feel that high from it. I get more high from weed or even Valium. My heart didn't even race on it. But the comedown fucked with me. It was just strange. It was like I had the withdrawals of a chronic user. The cravings were intense and when I closed my eyes for a while I saw images of cocaine being used or played with. It was creepy. I smoked weed that night and went right into uncontrollable shakes. The next 3 days my heart was haywire and I felt an impending doom feeling at all times. What could have caused such a dramatic response from one time use. All I know is I don't want to touch the devils dandruff again. I like occasional adderall at normal responsible doses better than that shit.

Lol; what fucken difference does it make if you know the chemical structures of drugs? Are you trying to argue that drugs are not harmful? The medical consensus, as I understand it, is that there are numerous clear and undeniable links between weed and both brain damage and anxiety.

i think

Lol; what fucken difference does it make if you know the chemical structures of drugs? Are you trying to argue that drugs are not harmful? The medical consensus, as I understand it, is that there are numerous clear and undeniable links between weed and both brain damage and anxiety.

He is explaining his success with the different drugs he's tried. And he is looking for a more personal explanation. Hope this keeps on track the discussion..

and i guess it

Wouldn't matter if you have already diagnosed him with marijuana induced anxiety disorder...

this is making sense

It is highly possible the cocaine you had was of very poor quality. I.e containing some horrible cuts, and possibly even some other active ingredients like amphetamine or some other shitty stimulant.

This effects are not abnormal, but I am surprised they would still be effecting you three days later and you only did a few lines.

Have you had anxiety issues in the past? If you are taking valium to combat it and you are still having issues, it is hard to say what the deal is.. Unfortunately we cannot accurately diagnose you via the internet.

If these symptoms continue to persist, or get worse, I would highly suggest going to the doctor jsut to make sure everything is alright. you don't necessarily have to say you were using cocaine. But they can do a few simple tests, to see if it is something other than simple anxiety problems.

I would be very surprised if it were anythign serious, but it cannot hurt to get it checked out.

This

Personally, due to my extensive stimulant use when I was younger I have very horrible anxiety/insomnia/RLS problems now due to it and without benzos/neurontin I cannot function.

Bottom line - see if the symptoms continue and if it is still worrying you, please go to the doctor.[/QU

This is probably the most likely in my not ever using cocaine opinion. Unless someone else experienced identical symptoms then you are going to have to wonder.. is it possible to get a second opinion from a friend that was with you. You said you only did a few lines. Who cut them up for you. Do you have any way to describe the amount you did. Was it your bag or someone elses? If all the info you have is you did a few lines of something you never did before I hope you can see how we cant tell you anything. As much as some would like to help..

I bought a gram and there is .6 of a gram left. So in total I used .3 because my friend did a portion. And I am not denying that drugs can be and are harmful, in fact I believe me stating that I have done my research should have told you I know the negatives. Weed does NOT cause brain damage, and yes it can cause anxiety in some people. I just don't get that effect from it. There are links to weed and paranoid schizophrenia, but only if you already had the disorder laying dormant in your mind. My friend said it was high quality "rocket power" and was cut with b14. But he could be lying. From the amount I did I got the high I would of gotten from a few monster energy drinks and an adderall. I'm feeling completely back to normal now, so my guess is that cocaine and my chemical makeup just don't agree. I love drugs and use them responsibly. Ive never let any addictive drug get me. Since I'm back to normal now it had to be a chemical reaction that lasted until the cocaine was out of my system. Im sorry if you felt I was downplaying the risks of drugs. I understand them full well. Thanks for your help everyone. Now I'm going to go smoke some "brain damage"

I also hate coke because of how negatively it makes me feel the next day. Also while im on it, my heart is racing a marathon, f**k that, I dont need it, I will stick with the chill drugs.

Yeah that's what ive decided. Me and stims don't get along. I have terrible heart palpitations in my stomach and I think it is because of adderall, which I never abused, I was prescribed by a doctor and took the recommended dose every time. The doctors ran blood tests, EKG, and an X-ray and said my heart looks ok. Call me a hypochondriac, but it's creepy shit when your main aortic valve palpitates so strongly it can move a book up and down. It just does not seem normal to have your stomach pulse so strongly all the time. I also have chest pains frequently. I know I'm changing subjects but do any of you have similar palpitations?

Not trying to be rude, but ^

That's not rude. It's very possible. I think that there was a source to the psychosomatic response. I read that the comedown can be extremely intense for some and almost non existent for some. It wacked my Brain chemistry for a few days. I read that it can last up to 4 days for some people. I wonder why I barely got high, but the comedown was extreme.

Weed, unlike opiates, is neurologically toxic and assuredly DOES cause brain damage (understood as toxic or material degeneration, memory loss, impaired abstract and verbal reasoning, and importantly, anxiety!). It's like benzos, it helps short term but in the long run absolutely does not.

Weed, unlike opiates, is neurologically toxic and assuredly DOES cause brain damage (understood as toxic or material degeneration, memory loss, impaired abstract and verbal reasoning, and importantly, anxiety!). It's like benzos, it helps short term but in the long run absolutely does not.

WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT STFU YOU LITTLE TROLL get out of here with your false rants and blasphemy. To the official poster I am kind of in the same situation as you but I do not abuse stimulants. I think it is because of years of prescribed use of Ritalin as a child that just somehow maybe permanently changed me/damaged me in some way and I personally find Weed one of the ONLY and VERY HELPFUL long-term solutions to all of my problems. Except money..... I can not grow and am not rich enough to have an endless supply. Also you DEFINITELY did not have high quality purity Cocaine my guess was it could of been cut with Methamphetamine considering how long your side effects lasted. Or some type of nasty RC who knows.

Last edited: