• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine , disolve & dry tips

mrlebrain

Greenlighter
Hey everyone
Excited to join this community
Was wondering if any experts on here can guide me on how to dissolve cocaine into liquid form then dry it again? Any help much appreciated !
MrL

Hey everyone
Excited to join this community
Was wondering if any experts on here can guide me on how to dissolve cocaine into liquid form then dry it again? Any help much appreciated !
MrL
Theres quite a few threads on the acetone wash which is pretty much what you're talking about.
Unless you just mean in water, for 'storage' reasons - if that was me id just dump the cokey water onto a plate or glass dish and let it air dry overnight, of course you could speed up the process by warming the plate/dish but be careful not to burn it. Ontop of a radiator, or leave it in the sun, heat from below with something weak like a hair dryer, etc

Theres quite a few threads on the acetone wash which is pretty much what you're talking about.
Unless you just mean in water, for 'storage' reasons - if that was me id just dump the cokey water onto a plate or glass dish and let it air dry overnight, of course you could speed up the process by warming the plate/dish but be careful not to burn it. Ontop of a radiator, or leave it in the sun, heat from below with something weak like a hair dryer, etc
Thanks for the response man, its to send a sample to a friend and he wants to hide it for future use . Distilled water would work ? And could he could put it into a dehydrator to dry it out ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the response man, its to send a 'small' sample to a friend
I wouldn't write that on here mods will probably be all over it
. Distilled water would work ?
Yeah
And could he could put it into a dehydrator to dry it out ?
No idea! It really wouldn't take long for it to evaporate on a plate especially in the sun or somewhere warm, like an airing cupboard, then just scrape it up with a razor or card 👍

Mods shmods if anyone knows let me know :)
I wouldn't write that on here mods will probably be all over it

Yeah

No idea! It really wouldn't take long for it to evaporate on a plate especially in the sun or somewhere warm, like an airing cupboard, then just scrape it up with a razor or card 👍

Nasty history youve got with that good stuff pal glad your better and concious of the fact

This just for storage and future use? What's wrong with a bag or plastic or glass bottle or other sealed container with a desiccant contained therein?

Reason I mention this: Cocaine is hygroscopic and degrades once wet. Also have to watch the pH level (should be neutral but who is to say your water is neutral without testing). And not to mention temperature and light. Seems like a pile of trouble to go to just to store a small sample for future use by somebody is my point.

"Cocaine is rapidly hydrolyzed by blood cholinesterase to ecgonine methyl ester. Spontaneous chemical hydrolysis to benzoylecgonine also occurs and cocaine is therefore unstable in aqueous solution (and urine) at pH values above neutrality."

@sekio got more than a few nice posts about this around these parts. And I've gone down the rabbit hole myself i.e. looking at lab. papers that test for degradation over time and in various solutions and taking into account pH levels, UV levels, temperature, you get the picture.

Nice to know that the compacting and drying of bricks and vacuum sealing them with a desiccant is all for naught and a waste of time! :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the discussion chaps
So just to be clear disolving the stuff into distilled water with neutral or slightly acid ph for 5-10 days storage then dehydrated back wouldnt work?

Thanks for the discussion chaps
So just to be clear disolving the stuff into distilled water with neutral or slightly acid ph for 5-10 days storage then dehydrated back wouldnt work?
Well it's not something I'd be happy doing I'll tell you that much. But that's just me (anal) and doesn't mean it WOULDN'T work. And for that period of time: not sure how much it would be affected.

I'm sure a chemist will chime in soon enough though.

In just a quick look around the Interweb: some of the chemical suppliers supply Cocaine HCL (reference material) suspended in Methanol i.e. 1mg/ml concentration. Also in something called Acetonitrile at the same concentration. I guess my point being is that if water was an option and was not going to degrade the sample then why go to the trouble of using a chemical solvent?

Well it's not something I'd be happy doing I'll tell you that much. But that's just me (anal) and doesn't mean it WOULDN'T work. And for that period of time: not sure how much it would be affected.

I'm sure a chemist will chime in soon enough though.

In just a quick look around the Interweb: some of the chemical suppliers supply Cocaine HCL (reference material) suspended in Methanol i.e. 1mg/ml concentration. Also in something called Acetonitrile at the same concentration. I guess my point being is that if water was an option and was not going to degrade the sample then why go to the trouble of using a chemical solvent?
Hi there, I am no chemist but from the reading I have done if you dissolve it in water, then the only way to retrieve it is by precipitation, and then it has become Cocaine sulphate "Crack". the reason for the solvent is to keep it as Cocaine HCL. I am sure someone will correct me if that's wrong.

find out how much you can desolve in water. add the appropriate amount of water to your sample. If you want to dry it out then, use a watch glass if it's a small sample and, if it's a big sample then use a pirex dish to hold it. blow some air over it if you want to limit thermal decomposition if that's not a problem then use a hotplate to evaporate the water.

find out how much you can desolve in water. add the appropriate amount of water to your sample. If you want to dry it out then, use a watch glass if it's a small sample and, if it's a big sample then use a pirex dish to hold it. blow some air over it if you want to limit thermal decomposition if that's not a problem then use a hotplate to evaporate the water.
Hi Josh, so does that retrieve the blow as HCL? I have been lead to believe that 1ml of water will dissolve 2gms of blow! So working on that basis, if the blow is dissolved in the water, by evaporating the water does the blow not go with it? I am not questioning what you are saying, I am just very interested to find out how this all works. cheers dude, regards BLC

Hi there, I am no chemist but from the reading I have done if you dissolve it in water, then the only way to retrieve it is by precipitation, and then it has become Cocaine sulphate "Crack". the reason for the solvent is to keep it as Cocaine HCL. I am sure someone will correct me if that's wrong.
Nah. I think you're getting confused with making freebase from HCL. The HCL is first dissolved in water and to that ammonia is then added and a precipitate (freebase) falls out of the solution. To this diethyl ether is then added and the diethyl ether (which now contains the freebase) is then siphoned off and evaporated and what's left is freebase crystals.

The above very different from simply dissolving HCL in water. Only way to get it back (and assuming it's not fucked) would be to evaporate the water. Think table salt or sugar. If dissolved in water it doesn't matter how long you leave it the table salt or the sugar is not going to start dropping out of (precipitating) the water. It'll remain in solution until the water is evaporated.

The above also different from ordering Cocaine HCL reference material that's shipped in methanol (as per my original post). Once the methanol has evaporated then you're left with Cocaine HCL (all 1mg of it per vial)! :ROFLMAO:

Anyway. We're, just today ironically, exactly one month away from the original post. IF that Cocaine HCL was ever sent to the OP's mate (bearing in mind this is after all Cocaine we're talking about here) it's either been seized, or it's fucked, or it's long gone that's for sure! :ROFLMAO: Although come to think of it: be jolly decent of the OP to give us some feedback here as to what, if anything, transpired! :unsure:

Nah. I think you're getting confused with making freebase from HCL. The HCL is first dissolved in water and to that ammonia is then added and a precipitate (freebase) falls out of the solution. To this diethyl ether is then added and the diethyl ether (which now contains the freebase) is then siphoned off and evaporated and what's left is freebase crystals.

The above very different from simply dissolving HCL in water. Only way to get it back (and assuming it's not fucked) would be to evaporate the water. Think table salt or sugar. If dissolved in water it doesn't matter how long you leave it the table salt or the sugar is not going to start dropping out of (precipitating) the water. It'll remain in solution until the water is evaporated.

The above also different from ordering Cocaine HCL reference material that's shipped in methanol (as per my original post). Once the methanol has evaporated then you're left with Cocaine HCL (all 1mg of it per vial)! :ROFLMAO:

Anyway. We're, just today ironically, exactly one month away from the original post. IF that Cocaine HCL was ever sent to the OP's mate (bearing in mind this is after all Cocaine we're talking about here) it's either been seized, or it's fucked, or it's long gone that's for sure! :ROFLMAO: Although come to think of it: be jolly decent of the OP to give us some feedback here as to what, if anything, transpired! :unsure:
Thank you for your reply Dalpat077, I was under the impression that once you put your HCL into water it dissolved in the water and remained in there as a solution, and the only way the retrieve it was by precipitation. Thank you for that information, It means I and 1 less bit confused about these processes.
Just as a matter of interest ( probably a daft question) Why would someone dissolve their HCL into water only to retrieve it back as HCL, because any adulterant's would still be in it, wouldn't it? Thanks again you are never to old to learn. Yeah it would be good to know what happened :cautious:

Why would someone dissolve their HCL into water only to retrieve it back as HCL, because any adulterant's would still be in it, wouldn't it?
My pleasure.

Well in this particular case the OP (apparently) wanted to ship a "sample" to a mate of his hence the idea to dissolve it in water. And then his mate was to store it undetected for future use. That's how I understand the conundrum anyway. Doesn't make sense to me but hey: what do I know i.e. not something I've ever tried. Cocaine has been dissolved and shipped, and seized, over the years in a variety of liquids. One thing in this business is that there's no lack of ingenuity or radical out-of-the-box and original thinking.

And you're right: those adulterants that are indeed soluble in water will simply reappear once the water has been evaporated.

But yeah: very keen to know what the end result of this little transaction was! :ROFLMAO:

My pleasure.

Well in this particular case the OP (apparently) wanted to ship a "sample" to a mate of his hence the idea to dissolve it in water. And then his mate was to store it undetected for future use. That's how I understand the conundrum anyway. Doesn't make sense to me but hey: what do I know i.e. not something I've ever tried. Cocaine has been dissolved and shipped, and seized, over the years in a variety of liquids. One thing in this business is that there's no lack of ingenuity or radical out-of-the-box and original thinking.

And you're right: those adulterants that are indeed soluble in water will simply reappear once the water has been evaporated.

But yeah: very keen to know what the end result of this little transaction was! :ROFLMAO:
Good morning, Maybe the transaction has gone Pete Tong, although I do hope not for both their sakes. :eek:

Although the way the law is heading, it is not to punish people who are hooked on drugs, but to rehabilitate and get them back into the community.
To me that is a far better way of doing things, of course it will not work for all, but if it works for most then that's good.

There are not many adulterants that are insoluble in water are there? :confused:

Maybe the transaction has gone Pete Tong,
I had to look that up! Too funny! And a new one for me! :ROFLMAO:

Although the way the law is heading, it is not to punish people who are hooked on drugs, but to rehabilitate and get them back into the community.
To me that is a far better way of doing things, of course it will not work for all, but if it works for most then that's good.
Agreed on the above.

There are not many adulterants that are insoluble in water are there? :confused:
Had you asked me that question 20 years ago I would have said not many. But who the fuck knows nowadays. Suppose the good news: anything that's not soluble in water will be visible and could either be siphoned off or filtered out. Point being: anything that does not dissolve isn't Cocaine HCL. Matter of fact somewhere around here there's a thread that was started by some dude while on a break in Mexico and had been supplied with some cut shit. So he tried this water idea and apparently, surprisingly, he ended up leaving the shit to evaporate overnight (I'll try find the thread), and it was "better" by the time he'd gotten his HCL back. Edit: just searched exhaustively for that thread and it's disappeared seems to me.

Actually: it'd be a good experiment or bit of research i.e. to take all of the old tried and tested and popular adulterants and see if they actually dissolve in water. Just for the hell of it. Problem: I don't have Levamisole lying around nor amphetamines. And I'll have to go through the various lists of "preferred" adulterants that I have lying around.

Anecdotally: even back in the day (late 80's and 90's and early 2000's) when preparing HCL for the freebase conversion with ammonia and ether: the initial phase of dissolving a gram in water and shaking up never ever. even back then, resulted in a clear solution. It was either cloudy or even had bits of shit floating in it. But by then the quality was already nosediving (that being the only reason for me even going down that route in the first place i.e. to prove a point).

This thread has had me smiling privately to self. I suppose one could be a right cunt and dissolve, say 10g in 20 litres of water, and ship that. You know how long it'd take for 20 litres of water to evaporate? Imagine being the recipient and sitting waiting in anticipation for that to happen? Or you could be 100% evil and just ship a 20 litre bottle of spring water without adding anything! :ROFLMAO: Sick huh!