• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

cocaine addiction

Try baclofen, it has shown some efficacy for this purpose. Taken daily it will produce physical dependency however. But its certainly less destructive than cocaine.

Benzos are a bad idea, if anything they might increase cocaine consumption due to loss of inhibition. I know I'd use more cocaine or be likely to go out and try to get some if I had benzos in my system.

Try baclofen, it has shown some efficacy for this purpose. Taken daily it will produce physical dependency however. But its certainly less destructive than cocaine.

Benzos are a bad idea, if anything they might increase cocaine consumption due to loss of inhibition. I know I'd use more cocaine or be likely to go out and try to get some if I had benzos in my system.
100% agreed! There are some small studies showing efficacy of Buproprion (atypical SSRI, cathinone) or NAC. Don't know about Baclofen from my own experience. Pregabalin and F-Phenibut have helped myself with quitting stims. Be careful though not to trade the cocaine habit for another compound!

Jose: really brave to admit you have a problem - you can do it I believe in you!

When I was in rehab they gave NAC to cocaine people to aid with the cravings. Just 600mg which didn't do much probably but it's safe to take in higher dosages.

Guys, I need help, going out of control

Any advice is more than welcomed, how to deal with cravings, I do not know.

What medicine can I take, what type of benzos, to avoid using cocaine when craving? Alprazolam? Clonazepam? Quetiapine, perhaps?
I took a vacation day from work and a clonazepam every Friday for a month to knock myself out to get over the chem hook craving. I used to ge the crave Fridays and go 3 day benders. I was trying to get a job that did hair follicle drug testing so I was clean for 3-1/2 months. It wasn’t hard to stay off cause I had a reason to stop and I knew I was going to party again. Just not right now. Note I never used any pills or mixed anything with blow before for crash or anything like that. Clonazepam was the only thing I had access to as well.

Guys, I need help, going out of control
Knowing you can cop ya basically free at will where you are makes this a very interesting topic, imo.
And I agree that benzos will probably make matters worse cause of the lack of inhibitions produced.
My use of cocaine dropped drastically when those around me were doing without because of my selfish behavior but this may not be an issue in your case so....
Not a big fan of group therapy (possibly because of my distrust in public places maybe) but as suggested by @StickToYourGuns this may be the most helpful to this situation.
Best wishes with this and yeah it takes some balls to admit we have issues.
Always my love
ptah

ed
What is this NAC I am seeing posted more and more recently?

If you wait long enough to regain homeostasis, the cravings will go away in a week or two, at least the nasty cravings. It's probably the best thing you could do for yourself. I know suffering sucks, but it gets better the sooner you stop it all together. I have been there and know how it feels, for whatever that's worth. It's one reason why I wouldn't touch a mountain of blow if it was given to me for free.

Knowing you can cop ya basically free at will where you are makes this a very interesting topic, imo.
And I agree that benzos will probably make matters worse cause of the lack of inhibitions produced.
My use of cocaine dropped drastically when those around me were doing without because of my selfish behavior but this may not be an issue in your case so....
Not a big fan of group therapy (possibly because of my distrust in public places maybe) but as suggested by @StickToYourGuns this may be the most helpful to this situation.
Best wishes with this and yeah it takes some balls to admit we have issues.
Always my love
ptah

ed

What is this NAC I am seeing posted more and more recently?

N-Acetycysteine is known as a cough medicine to loosen mucous e.g. from bronchitis.

It has some activity on receptors (glutamate regulation and dopamine) and is able to reduce cravings this way. It’s OTC in most countries and quite inexpensive. No toxicity afaik but not easy on the stomach from my personal go with it. It has helped me a lot with a benzo-taper a while ago.
Cravings didnt suddenly stop but NAC made them bearable for me. It stopped the endless thought loops which were telling told me to fuck the taper and go on a benzo-binge.

(As always: me no doctor and YMMV)

I've suffered through many severe addictions: alcohol, benzos, cocaine, meth, opioids.

I always liked coke but I could take it or leave it until I IVed it.  NEVER IV coke! It took me down hard and fast. Really hard. Really fast.

The good news is that coke was relatively easy to kick compared to the others. The cravings are intense but they aren't physically debilitating and they don't last terribly long.

Eat well, exercise, distract yourself with anything you can-- movies, books, hobbies, support groups. I'd advise against benzos. Benzos make you think that any whim is a great idea.

Trust me when I say that the cravings will both weaken and become less frequent within a few weeks.

Hang in there.

@jose ribas da silva are you allright?
Ive been a couple of times to rehab and what cocaine addicts used to have is pregabalin. Go to your doctor and tell him your problem.
But benzos are very addictives. They work well but you can get hooked easily.
Phenibut and NAC Ive never used.
We all want to know what are you taking or what are your feelings.
Send u love brother Jose

What's goin' on with that guy Jose?Are u olright mate?Anybody heard something?It's not good like that...what a community spirit is that?An old member suddenly disappeared and no one even care?Where is the empathy?It hurts me really.....i don't wanna BL be just another useless soulless plastic.Let have some care to each other......to be human😔♥️☦️

Pregabalin will stop anxiety and give a good buzz take it on only badf days because i know cocaine cravings are bad and anxiety that comes with but pregab wd is another level max 2 times a week spaced out

What's goin' on with that guy Jose?Are u olright mate?Anybody heard something?It's not good like that...what a community spirit is that?An old member suddenly disappeared and no one even care?Where is the empathy?It hurts me really.....i don't wanna BL be just another useless soulless plastic.Let have some care to each other......to be human😔♥️☦️
Thanks man, I am doing well, I have stopped all drugs, except weed. I hope to have found the balance and strenght to continue in this way. I wish you a happy holiday season. This is no longer serving my purposes. To regain the control of the mind is the best; Strangely, I have found the benzos have increased my use of other drugs including alcohol. When I have stopped clonazepam, my cocaine cravings disappeared. I am barely drinking beers. I cannot even imagine how I was taking that high doses (Cocaine and benzos). My last and perhaps one of the evilest demons is weed; it has changing my personality a lot. I need to stop smoking

Pregabalin will stop anxiety and give a good buzz take it on only badf days because i know cocaine cravings are bad and anxiety that comes with but pregab wd is another level max 2 times a week spaced out
Now I have reinterpreted the way that I see withdraw symptoms and cravings; Instead of suffering, I imagine that is my body leaving addiction behind. The cravings are my mind wanting more, ultimately my body asking for more. This gave me a lot of strength

Thanks man, I am doing well, I have stopped all drugs, except weed. I hope to have found the balance and strenght to continue in this way. I wish you a happy holiday season. This is no longer serving my purposes. To regain the control of the mind is the best; Strangely, I have found the benzos have increased my use of other drugs including alcohol. When I have stopped clonazepam, my cocaine cravings disappeared. I am barely drinking beers. I cannot even imagine how I was taking that high doses (Cocaine and benzos). My last and perhaps one of the evilest demons is weed; it has changing my personality a lot. I need to stop smoking
Great man!!!!Glad for u,that u stoped coke...as to weed...strange to hear in fact how many people got problem with this herb.Decades of pot smokin'.For years....than stop for few years.Withdrawls-zero.Cravings-a lot easier than tobaco....but if u feel this could be trigger for usin' coke or some other strong shit....just abstain....God bless u....ye I am happy about u👍😃💥

Great man!!!!Glad for u,that u stoped coke...as to weed...strange to hear in fact how many people got problem with this herb.Decades of pot smokin'.For years....than stop for few years.Withdrawls-zero.Cravings-a lot easier than tobaco....but if u feel this could be trigger for usin' coke or some other strong shit....just abstain....God bless u....ye I am happy about u👍😃💥
I have to say that this herb is not a soft drug like so many people says, Ganja is for me one of the most power herb in the planet. I had problems with Marihuana after a decade of abuse. It gave me panic attacks and paranoia. I use to smoke with bongs and chilum and the high is spectacular. Big respect now for this plant.

Nice to write to you Nassss!!
Kongoman
❤️❤️❤️❤️