• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction CNS/Respitory depression question

He has a shit load of benzos like hundreds but will not take one, but goes out and find oxycodone and takes it, while trying to get off opiods, while in withdrawal from bupes yesterday, I give up he can't go to detox or get dupes but has benzos and gabapentin and will not use them as comfort meds but finds a bunch of oxy buys it and has problems yesterday, now afraid a week or so of benzos will make him an addict. I fucking give up

Do they have nurses hotlines to call somehow ???!? Like here ?

A pharmacy possibly ?
Unfortunately New Zealand is way behind when it comes to detox options. We do it HARD over here. Theres 5 million people in the country and only 4 inpatient detox programs all with 12 month wait lists.

That leaves options for someone like me with a successful business, a wife, a son and an athletic career very limited to say the least. Even to start on the suboxone "program here" you must go through assessments over 2 weeks before suboxone is even prescribed. hahahahahaha the ridiculousness of even typing that is INSANE.

So I'm 48 hours out from my last sub dose now and I've been dosing oxy to stop withdrawal and am feeling ok.

I have an appointment to get back on subs tomorrow at 11am so I'm hoping because i was in the suboxone program here only a month ago they can fast track my prescription and get me back on to stabilize asap. They don't do sublocade here or i would definitely be using that as an option to get off subs completely. Its a rocky road here in NZ.

Honestly i thought i wanted to just go through the withdrawal but its not realistic with all the responsibility i have to be sitting in bed for weeks tossing , turning, sweating. I cant let my son see me like that he's only 8 the one time he saw me having a panic attack in withdrawal he completely freaked out and ill never forget the look on his little face when i told my wife it feels like im dying ( i completely forgot he was standing there because i was in such bad withdrawal) i cant ever put him through that again.

These fucking drugs like suboxone are fucking evil but when i was on low dose 1mg a day i was actually quite stable. getting up in the morning training for 1hr in my home gym then going to the track for sprints then off to work to run my business coming home getting all my chores done etc etc. out and about in the weekends living my life and taking my son to do fun things that make him happy. great relationship with my beautiful wife. I'm actually just starting to think maybe i would be better off just re stabilizing on suboxone and staying there until im in a position where i can take a month to just sit in bed and do nothing and let the withdrawal take me.

I do have a huge stockpile of benzos, kratom, loperamide. hell I've even got a huge stockpile of vyvnase and i have some oxy. I can get stuff like fent and ketamine if i wanted but i really don't want to just dose myself with a cocktail of different drugs and risk becoming dependent on those too.

I'd take 20g of kratom before I'd take oxy to stop opi wd... Kratom is hard to come off of but I've heard more friends having success stories weaning off of opis with Kratom than through detox

I’m going back on subs so the oxy is just to get me through until I do
I'd take 20g of kratom before I'd take oxy to stop opi wd... Kratom is hard to come off of but I've heard more friends having success stories weaning off of opis with Kratom than through detox

Been taking just morphine today. Sevredol instant release tablets. It’s doing nothing for the withdrawal at all and I’m like 96 hours out from my last bupe dose and piss tested negative for bupe yesterday . I’m in horrific withdrawal and I’ve taken like 40mg morphine this morning it’s doing nothing, trying to get hold of some more oxy. Thoughts on my morphine dosage? Just been swallowing them.

Been taking just morphine today. Sevredol instant release tablets. It’s doing nothing for the withdrawal at all and I’m like 96 hours out from my last bupe dose and piss tested negative for bupe yesterday . I’m in horrific withdrawal and I’ve taken like 40mg morphine this morning it’s doing nothing, trying to get hold of some more oxy. Thoughts on my morphine dosage? Just been swallowing them.
The bioavailability on Morphine tabs is low like 30%, snorting gets you more and obviously iv the best. But for me I just take 4a handful like 160mg once off and that's enough to take wd's away from my bupre or overall opiod/opiate addiction.

Side note: I have a high opiod/opiate tolerance.