• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction CNS/Respitory depression question

Slayer0344

Bluelighter
Does your cns still get depressed when taking full agonists whilst bupe is still in your system and on your receptors? Or does it cancel it out?

I’ve been taking oxy pills (30mg today so far) im only 32 hours since my last bupe dose.

I’ve been feeling extreme extreme amounts of respitory depression. I thought the bupe in my system cancelled that out? Or does the bupe and oxy add together to create a larger respitory depression than usual?

Bupe, has a low respitory depression. I have been on oxycodone, morphine and Ativan and never had a problem all at the same time.

Everyone's different, it could well be the case.

If you're feeling extreme respiratory depression, I would get medical advice from a MD and not on here
What country are you from? Good advice, but that is not always an option.

That maybe an issue, the withdrawals may not be physically as bad but other symptoms, they may hit different receptors and cause other symptoms, why can't one of those opiod nerds be around when you need them? The anxiety and respiratory depression effects together might be an issue.
Not sure which benzo might be best, instead of bupe

Last edited:
When the oxycodone wears off, would a benzo be helpful? They give benzos for withdrawal.

Last edited:
I try not to take benzos unless I’m so desperate that I don’t have any other option. I’ve read so many horror stories about benzo dependence and how much worse it is than opiate withdrawal and I never ever want to go through that lol

The key to benzos is not to take them too long, I fucked up, but was told I was going too die but that didn't happen, so years went by and I have no choice but my doctor said if I wanted off everything a year too 18 months of a slow taper

I was in the hospital three weeks with 2mg of Ativan 3 times a day and opiods, left with nothing, I was fine but pain