• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Closest RC to MDMA?

My personal top mdma-like substance (in order of preference):
1. 4-fma
2. 6-apb (psychedelic touch brings kinda deeper thoughts)
3/4. mdma / 5-mapb (don't see difference sorry)

Exactly. There is no difference between 5-mapb and MDMA, the buzz is the same, the only difference is 5-mapb lasts a lot longer. Good quality MDMA (Which is super rare now a days) beats it, but nobody gets good quality MDMA anymore. Even the best qualities now a days don't compare to the quality of the 90's. I even took a 2.5 year break and I did roll balls and they were the top beans going around and it still didn't compare to the old rolls I used to get.

I liked 4-fma a lot too but it started messing with my heart so I flushed it! I mixed it with methylone and it was JUST LIKE MDMA, and I mean GOOD MDMA, even better than the 4-fa/methylone mix(Which also beats mdma IMO)

In view of so many opposite suggestions what about to make a comparison table of Ki affinities of drugs mentioned? What internet-knight can be so brave to do this? (at least for substances there is accurate information about them)

Since my first post in this thread a few months ago, I've had time to mess around with 4-FA and methylone and combinations there of. Methylone provided a very magical and euphoric 60-90 minute high the first 2-3 times I took it. Standard procedure for me was 150mg taken at t+0 and another 100mg at t+60. Keeps you up and happy for about two hours, very floaty and spacy sort of feeling, more magical than MDMA was ever to me, but very shortlived. You're then left with a few hours of rather irritating residual stimulation. Further redosing doesn't seem to bring back the initial high very well. The quality of that methylone peak dropped drastically after those first few times. Still sort of MDMA-esque but it feels much dirtier (very sweaty, heart pounding and cokey sort of vibe to it).

4-FA imo is a better MDMA replacement. It's got a similar social/empathy/chatty side to it and is more clearheaded than MDMA. It lacks a body component to me though, dancing on 4-FA to me is ok, but I get bored rather quickly and much prefer to just talk to people on it. On MDMA I struggle to get myself off the dancefloor, even if I'm drenching in sweat and feel like I'm overheating xD. Higher doses of 4-FA (170mg and up) sort of improve the danceability of this drug but also bring along a bit of amphetamine-style paranoia and negative thoughts. Residual stimulation on this one means you probably won't get to sleep until 12 hours after initially dosing, unless you've got some downers. 4-FA also seems to barely affect my heart rate, there's little to no jaw tension on it and the sweatyness is also rather minor for a stimulant.

Combining 4-FA with methylone is pretty great! The few times I did this I'd take about 120mg of 4-FA and supplement with 75-100mg rizzla bombs of methylone as needed. The methylone kicks in initially as a bit of sweatyness and increase in heart rate, followed by jaw tension, increased physical energy, euphoria boost and chattyness. Comedown from this is worse than 4-FA alone, but strangely less bad than the methylone comedown by itself.

4-FA supplemented with little key bumps of MXE works really well for me too, it improves the empathic side of it as well as massively improving dancability. It does make your conversations a lot more disconnected though xD.

As for me 4-fa + methylone don't really work - I mean, methylone interrupts and completely substitutes 4-fa and whatever I do I can't feel 4-fa anymore (or only a little). It's like taste a chocolate or vanilla cream (methylone) and then trying to eat oat cookie (4-fa). Yes, there's no fun to eat cookie when you sugar receptors if overwhelmed :) Probably the key is to restrain myself with methylone and do only moderate doses of both (for me) and don't try to feel heavenly as soon as possible.
Btw, don't really feel/like 4-fa nor 4-fma, nor 2-fma - they were somehow dull comparably to methylone (but 4-fa is still the best from 4-fma and 2-fma as for me); mb that was just bad batch, mb I used too much methylone prior... Who knows?

It's a shame I never tried MDMA so don't really mind my message as advice.

Anyway, I really did like 6-apb - it completely reminds me of methylone but it was really long lasting. So it probably could be close enough to MDMA AFAIU.
I didn't really feel anything from 5-apb and 6-apdb (there could be several reasons I guess).

ps: thread inspired me to try 5-mapb (and maybe give a another chance to 6-apb, will see).

As for me 4-fa + methylone don't really work - I mean, methylone interrupts and completely substitutes 4-fa and whatever I do I can't feel 4-fa anymore (or only a little). It's like taste a chocolate or vanilla cream (methylone) and then trying to eat oat cookie (4-fa). Yes, there's no fun to eat cookie when you sugar receptors if overwhelmed :) Probably the key is to restrain myself with methylone and do only moderate doses of both (for me) and don't try to feel heavenly as soon as possible.
Btw, don't really feel/like 4-fa nor 4-fma, nor 2-fma - they were somehow dull comparably to methylone (but 4-fa is still the best from 4-fma and 2-fma as for me); mb that was just bad batch, mb I used too much methylone prior... Who knows?

It's a shame I never tried MDMA so don't really mind my message as advice.

Anyway, I really did like 6-apb - it completely reminds me of methylone but it was really long lasting. So it probably could be close enough to MDMA AFAIU.
I didn't really feel anything from 5-apb and 6-apdb (there could be several reasons I guess).

ps: thread inspired me to try 5-mapb (and maybe give a another chance to 6-apb, will see).

lol so many different opinions. To me 6-apb feels absolutely NOTHING like methylone....Metylone feels like MDMA but shorter lived (and a bit stronger as people said) 6-apb to me feels like a dirty, weak trip. My skin feels hot and dirty/itchy on it. It's also p[retty boring, compared to metlyone or mdma. But 6-apb combined with methylone was awesome. But it had too many bad side effects I could never recommend it. 4-fa methylone was awesome, surprised you didnt like it. You should take the 4-fa first and then take the methylone about 20 minutes after the 4-fa kicks in. That's how it worked best for me.

4-FMA and methylone combo however was the closest thing to good mdma I've ever done. Even better than the 5-mapb.

Since my first post in this thread a few months ago, I've had time to mess around with 4-FA and methylone and combinations there of. Methylone provided a very magical and euphoric 60-90 minute high the first 2-3 times I took it. Standard procedure for me was 150mg taken at t+0 and another 100mg at t+60. Keeps you up and happy for about two hours, very floaty and spacy sort of feeling, more magical than MDMA was ever to me, but very shortlived. You're then left with a few hours of rather irritating residual stimulation. Further redosing doesn't seem to bring back the initial high very well. The quality of that methylone peak dropped drastically after those first few times. Still sort of MDMA-esque but it feels much dirtier (very sweaty, heart pounding and cokey sort of vibe to it).

4-FA imo is a better MDMA replacement. It's got a similar social/empathy/chatty side to it and is more clearheaded than MDMA. It lacks a body component to me though, dancing on 4-FA to me is ok, but I get bored rather quickly and much prefer to just talk to people on it. On MDMA I struggle to get myself off the dancefloor, even if I'm drenching in sweat and feel like I'm overheating xD. Higher doses of 4-FA (170mg and up) sort of improve the danceability of this drug but also bring along a bit of amphetamine-style paranoia and negative thoughts. Residual stimulation on this one means you probably won't get to sleep until 12 hours after initially dosing, unless you've got some downers. 4-FA also seems to barely affect my heart rate, there's little to no jaw tension on it and the sweatyness is also rather minor for a stimulant.

Combining 4-FA with methylone is pretty great! The few times I did this I'd take about 120mg of 4-FA and supplement with 75-100mg rizzla bombs of methylone as needed. The methylone kicks in initially as a bit of sweatyness and increase in heart rate, followed by jaw tension, increased physical energy, euphoria boost and chattyness. Comedown from this is worse than 4-FA alone, but strangely less bad than the methylone comedown by itself.

4-FA supplemented with little key bumps of MXE works really well for me too, it improves the empathic side of it as well as massively improving dancability. It does make your conversations a lot more disconnected though xD.

Be careful that you don't do the 4-fa too often though or it also will fuck you up. I agree about the methylone...if you do it too much, it loses that push and gets kinda dirty. But the 4-fa is even worse if you abuse it too long. IT took me a couple of years though to get to that point. Infact 4-fa was my fav. RC until I absused the heck out of it. Now I will never do it again. Everytime I do it now, I get absolutely horrible effects and even the buzz is very weak from it, compared to what it used to be. It used to be almost like a weaker version of mdma. Now it's just garbage. I also hate how the stimulation lasts all night, after the euphoria wears off. Not a good drug IMO

MDAI and 2C-D was pretty damn close.

By MDMA not being stimulating, I meant its not a typical CNS stimulant. There's no question its a stimulant but it doesn't have the push of the other stims, at least not for me. And I'm not looking for a chemical that has that side.

BK-2C-B sounds interesting on paper but beta ketones sketch me out. I've yet to find one I didn't abuse the living hell out of.

Magical Kat, what were your doses for the MDAI + 2C-D experience(s) you had? I trust your opinion and am very curious about this combo…

Also, what are your usual (average?) doses for these chems by themselves, and did you try these particular batches separately to know that they were indeed as advertised?

Thanks!

A friend said that his dose of ~140mg MDAI + ~20mg 2C-D was not noticeably different than a similar dose of MDAI by itself. He thinks the 2C-D might have been slightly more "analytical" or added a touch of "trippyness" but overall, it was essentially the same experience. Perhaps the same amount of MDAI with a greater dose of 2C-D would change this?

His usual doses are 120-150mg for MDAI, and 10-35mg for 2C-D. These usually result in moderate intensity MDAI experiences, and mild-to-moderate 2C-D experiences.

It is amazing to me what people find MD like, all the 2Cs are very different to my mind (bk2-c-b is a bit bland) and the empaths all different. That said I have tried all these combos and would personally be wary; I can imagine in theory that methylone & 5mapb together might be similar (the meth for euphoria and a bit of spark - the mapb for slush) or even mephedrone & 5mapb. 5mapb on it's own doesn't cut it.
I guess it is all down to what you call "closest" or similar. everythiing i have tried been like one aspect of MD whilst all missing the real magic; apbs for example I can't see being anywhere near so useful in relationship work even though you feel good towards others and like MK777 suggests most feel a bit more stimulant or loaded than the real thing. Again amt isn't bad at the right amount; below the point where it gets trippy. You wouldn't confuse the two but it's kinda sedate deeply contented but mashier and without the same bonding.

Honestly it's got similarities to it, but much more like speed than MDMA. has a euphoria but not my suggestion of a fill in for M's

Would the 5-mapb/2-fma/4-ho-met combo work with 4-ho-mipt in place of 4-ho-met? I have 4-ho-mipt, but not 4-ho-met.

Would the 5-mapb/2-fma/4-ho-met combo work with 4-ho-mipt in place of 4-ho-met? I have 4-ho-mipt, but not 4-ho-met.

I think so... Theoretically, the tryptamine is there only to provide the 5ht2a activity, so 4-ho-mipt should work fine.
Also, the original combo I saw was with 5-meo-mipt, and 4-ho-met was just a possible substitute.
I have the components for this combo, but I had not tried it yet. As I try to give a lot of time between trips/rolls, this one keeps being postponed, mainly because I did not find 5-mapb to be very good. Nice, but too short-lived...

I think so... Theoretically, the tryptamine is there only to provide the 5ht2a activity, so 4-ho-mipt should work fine.
Also, the original combo I saw was with 5-meo-mipt, and 4-ho-met was just a possible substitute.
I have the components for this combo, but I had not tried it yet. As I try to give a lot of time between trips/rolls, this one keeps being postponed, mainly because I did not find 5-mapb to be very good. Nice, but too short-lived...

I really enjoy 5-mapb, although it doesn't seem to quite "get me there", and I end up compulsively re-dosing (not smart, I know). I'm hoping this combo will solve that problem for me….a little nervous to try though...

Closest compound subjectively to MDMA?

What is the closest compound you have tried to MDMA? I am very interested in knowing as I hear 5-mapb is a good runner up even more so then methylone. I found MDMC(bk-mdma, m1, etc) to be very very similar to MDMA but more stimulating, less magical/empathogenic, a horrid comedown(I dont really get much of a comedown from MDMA) and worse on the body I find which is typical of cathinones. Is 5-APB, 5-MAPB, MDAI or any other 3,4-Methylenedioxy phenethylamines and benzofurans almost identical to MDMA? I hear 5-MAPB is closet with little to no stimulation.

What is the closest compound you have tried to MDMA? I am very interested in knowing as I hear 5-mapb is a good runner up even more so then methylone. I found MDMC(bk-mdma, m1, etc) to be very very similar to MDMA but more stimulating, less magical/empathogenic, a horrid comedown(I dont really get much of a comedown from MDMA) and worse on the body I find which is typical of cathinones. Is 5-APB, 5-MAPB, MDAI or any other 3,4-Methylenedioxy phenethylamines and benzofurans almost identical to MDMA? I hear 5-MAPB is closet with little to no stimulation.
There's already a thread with a lot of replies about this so I'll move your thread there. Read through the replies and I'm sure you'll find a satisfactory answer

^What he said.

5 mapb actually gets you very stimulated. A strong body buzz and euphoria goes with it too. But be careful as it is considered toxic, and more so on re-doses or high doses.

I'll keep it short, but ya to me it's just like mdma except it's a bit sedating and it lacks that mdma magic. Everything else is similar, and strikingly so. But it felt toxic aka pretty bad vasoconstriction ensued after the peak was over.

Take an allergy and small to medium test dose before jumping into it. It is a strong substance.

Hmm, that's the consensus among the people who have tried it. There is probably anecdotal evidence somewhere in the other threads, but I wouldn't say it's written in stone. I'll try to find it later when I have time.

I think it's an assumption based on benzofurans (the apb and mapb analogues).

Edit: Here's one reference. So in essence, it is cardiotoxic, at least, if it is taken too often. The links go in depth too. All credit goes to CaptKratom (dug this up from his post :)) and the authors of the paper(s).

Double edit: Haha, forgot the link.

http://bitnest.ca/external.php?id=%257DbxUgY%255CC%2540%251BZ%2521%253F%253D%255BE%250F%250A%2513_JKw%257Cd%250BUhfGF%257E

*This is assuming that the apb's and mapb's do the same type of damage, which may be the case more or less.

Last edited: