• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Clonidine to reduce adrenergic side effects of stimulants

I really want to drink a c4 energy drink but likely not a great idea. Sto it has l tyrosine and it will wake me the fuck up. I’m guessing it’s too risky tho co Sri g the amount I’m on

Yes, please avoid the energy drink at all costs.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with you, stimulants make certain people very impulsive and that’s even more likely if your aim is to get really high using stimulants. i’m sure you’ll be okay, just don’t take any more stimulants and try not to panic. i’m sure people have taken much more than you have and been okay. just make sure to try and avoid stimulants for at least a few weeks or months if you can, it will give your brain chance to recover it’s neurotransmitter levels.

Thought I was coming out of it but no stupid should hurt

My mind is so foggy like I have abused stims before tho not happy I did, but in more large doses and they never caused break. Fight like this. I literally think I’m about to fall out at times but very briefly then the feeling goes away

I’m guessing anxiety or blood pressure but hard to say. But very hothersome. Can’t explain it quite.

Okay I woke
Myself up after falling asleep which sucks because I think I’ll feel better after sleep like someone else said. Right now I’m scattered. So scattered. But I think they are coming back together

I am a little nervous tho because obviously so I fell asleep but it was out of no where and then I woke right away. It’s like I fell into such a deep sleep so quickly I got scared and woke up. Damn it now I’m scared to ho to sleep and if there’s anything needed right now it is sleep. Have you ever experienced this before

Okay I woke
Myself up after falling asleep which sucks because I think I’ll feel better after sleep like someone else said. Right now I’m scattered. So scattered. But I think they are coming back together

I am a little nervous tho because obviously so I fell asleep but it was out of no where and then I woke right away. It’s like I fell into such a deep sleep so quickly I got scared and woke up. Damn it now I’m scared to ho to sleep and if there’s anything needed right now it is sleep. Have you ever experienced this before
K it was just sleep. I was out the last half hour or so which is a good thing actually.

Hey @Juicewrldfan I'll open by saying that the energy drink is probably a very bad choice. When our brains are not pre-exposed to powerful stimulants like Amphetamine, Caffeine can be both physically and mentally energizing. After being on a long stimulant binge, the only thing Caffeine is gonna do is make your heart palpitations worse and exacerbate general tension.

I am a major proponent of Clonidine (Catapres) and I don't mean just in this situation here. When your choice for sedation is either Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or Alprazolam (Xanax) it's pretty nice to have this little nugget as some middle ground. Clonidine's pharmacology could be explained simply as a tension-reducing agent; now this is in a physical sense, though this feeling of lesssening tension in the chest tends to feed back into the psychological, convincing a person that they are chill.

Regarding your dosage, given Clonidine's relatively safe nature, I would advise you to experiment and figure out what makes you feel the most okay.

I take 70mg Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) per day, this equates to approximately 40mg Dextroamphetamine; for you "Adderall" folks, it's' basically like taking 50mg Mixed Salts. For my mind, it's perfect. Now for my body, sometimes I can get restless, twitchy etc.

For this daily dose of my stimulant, it's totally normal for me to take 0.2mg Clonidine. It's the perfect balance for myself. So for you, someone who has been binging, it wouldn't be crazy at all to suggest 0.3mg Clonidine and if you're actually trying to sleep 0.5mg Clonidine is not outrageous. Clonidine is a pretty safe drug. but don't get me wrong, if you take too much, your blood pressure will drop low enough to cause hypotensive crisis.

My advice for right now,. do not exceed 0.5mg for any reason unless you really feel like you get how the drug effects you.

Hey @Juicewrldfan I'll open by saying that the energy drink is probably a very bad choice. When our brains are not pre-exposed to powerful stimulants like Amphetamine, Caffeine can be both physically and mentally energizing. After being on a long stimulant binge, the only thing Caffeine is gonna do is make your heart palpitations worse and exacerbate general tension.

I am a major proponent of Clonidine (Catapres) and I don't mean just in this situation here. When your choice for sedation is either Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or Alprazolam (Xanax) it's pretty nice to have this little nugget as some middle ground. Clonidine's pharmacology could be explained simply as a tension-reducing agent; now this is in a physical sense, though this feeling of lesssening tension in the chest tends to feed back into the psychological, convincing a person that they are chill.

Regarding your dosage, given Clonidine's relatively safe nature, I would advise you to experiment and figure out what makes you feel the most okay.

I take 70mg Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) per day, this equates to approximately 40mg Dextroamphetamine; for you "Adderall" folks, it's' basically like taking 50mg Mixed Salts. For my mind, it's perfect. Now for my body, sometimes I can get restless, twitchy etc.

For this daily dose of my stimulant, it's totally normal for me to take 0.2mg Clonidine. It's the perfect balance for myself. So for you, someone who has been binging, it wouldn't be crazy at all to suggest 0.3mg Clonidine and if you're actually trying to sleep 0.5mg Clonidine is not outrageous. Clonidine is a pretty safe drug. but don't get me wrong, if you take too much, your blood pressure will drop low enough to cause hypotensive crisis.

My advice for right now,. do not exceed 0.5mg for any reason unless you really feel like you get how the drug effects you.
Yeah I took a couple quarter doses of .2mg pills thru the day after reading your comment earlier and it did help. Now I’m ready to crash lol seriously fall asleep and I fall instantly into deep sleep kinda scared me at first it was so quick and so deep

Hey ya all….sorry I haven’t been myself these latest posts.

I’m feeling much better now and just wanted everyone to know. I was staring into the abyss for a minute there tho. I’m good now.
Hate stims. So bad for me.

Glad to hear that. We all make mistakes, but try to reflect on this experience to, hopefully avoid repeating it.

Diazepam 10mg
Alprazolam 0.5mg
Pregabalin 150mg
Clonidine 0.1mg

Ultimate anxiolytic cocktai. Tablets pulverized into powder, dissolved in 1.oz of warm/hot water, add orange juice to mask bitter taste ……30-45min onset creeping in / 1h in full effect.

Diazepam 10mg
Alprazolam 0.5mg
Pregabalin 150mg
Clonidine 0.1mg

Ultimate anxiolytic cocktai. Tablets pulverized into powder, dissolved in 1.oz of warm/hot water, add orange juice to mask bitter taste ……30-45min onset creeping in / 1h in full effect.

All you need is 30mg Methamphetamine thrown into the mix and you have a blockbuster drug of the 1960's ;)

I'm not surprised that cocktail is effective buddy. It ticks all of the boxes with a little Pregabalin to give it some character.

Ya….for a euphoric Brompton Cocktail, a dopaminergic stimulant is absolutely essential….but for an anxiolytic strictly no.

in fact….I would add Oxycodone 5-7.5mg (opioid naive) Oxy-IR 5mg scored tablets (no excipients).….and very low dose Ketamine.

Diazepam 10mg - the ultimate anxiolytic with Potent muscle relaxation properties
Alprazolam 0.5mg - rapid acting anxiolytic with prominent antidepressants properties
Pregabalin 150mg - effective anxiolytic with mood-boosting properties
Clonidine 0.1mg - VERY robust anxiolytic properties, lowering BP & HR (half a scored tablet sufficient)
Oxy-IR 5mg - VERY Euphoric non-sedating, stimulating Opioid (opioids are the most effective compounds with anxiolytic & euphoric properties due to endorphins (euphoria) & dopaminergic (euphoria)

Ritalin IR 5mg - Methyphenidate (Ritalin) is a VERY Euphoric Dopaminergic stimulant 3-4X more DAT over NET, has little to no negative effects on increasing HR or BP and safe enough for small children. 0.25mg / per kg of body weight ED-50 required dose to inhibit 50% of DAT - dose required to induce euphoria

Ritalin 60mg IR is well enough to induce euphoria within an hour

Desoxyn (d-Methamphetamine) 5mg tablets are of coarse the most euphoric dopaminergic stimulant on earth, especially IV injection of pharmaceutical METHEDRINE 20 or 30mg ampoules

Preludin (Phenmetrazine) is apparently even more euphoric & pleasurable than IV injected d-Methamphetamine