• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Clonazolam (Clonitrazolam)

I didn't mean to offend anyone, it's just that being dependant on a drug to "function" causes more problems than it solves. Especially when it comes to self medicating with benzodiazepines.

This is 100% correct. Source: I've been taking benzos nearly every day for almost five years. During this time, I've become no stranger to both their positive and adverse effects.

Everybody should be warned that benzodiazepines are some of the most addictive drugs out there. I was first prescribed Adderall at the age of 15 for ADHD. Around the age of 19, I was prescribed Xanax to deal with the insomnia and anxiety caused by the stimulant medications. Of all the drugs I've taken and messed around with, the one drug that I cannot kick is benzos. And I have tried nearly everything.

I was switched from Xanax to Klonopin when I was 21, for a bunch of reasons but mostly because the short half life, addictive nature, and intense rebound phase/withdrawals. I was taken off Klonopin at 22, when my new psychiatrist determined that I had a drug problem (mostly to the drugs that they were giving me! but also, opiates.) I went through two weeks of a miserable cold turkey, before I finally caved and got some Etizolam. I started abusing Etiz, taking it all the time mostly due to huge tolerance and how shitty I perceived my life to be at the time. Well when the Etizest pharmacy got popped, I was able to source some Valium that I tapered off benzos with. It was a shitty, fast taper, but I didn't have any seizures or anything.

Well, after 3 months of being off Diazepam, I was still dealing with intense PAWS. Like, I felt like I was in constant withdrawal, for 3 months, and it wasn't seeming to get better. I decided to bite the bullet and get on Gabapentin, which really helped for a while. But Gabapentin helped with the social and general anxiety, but I still had very bad insomnia, so I fell into the benzo trap AGAIN. But these days I only take it for sleep. I take exactly .25mg Clonazolam per evening - never more. I do not take these drugs during the day, nor do I abuse them. I take them strictly for sleep.

I'm working with my psychiatrist to help me get off these things for good. He's recommended a sleeping medication called Suvorexant to help with the insomnia while I taper. You think at this point I'd have learned to not treat drugs with more drugs, but I guess that's how addict logic works.

And yes, I use many natural means to deal with anxiety. I meditate 20 minutes almost every day, and I exercise almost every day, alternating the days where I lift weights and the days where I work on endurance (like running.) I practice cognitive behavioral therapy, I have a really great therapist and psychiatrist and I try to be mindful of my nutrition, water intake, and sleep. I try and be mindful of my thoughts, words, actions and habits. I really am doing the best I can. But after being on benzos for almost 5 years, I can attest that it is a long and bumpy road to recovery. I'm also not a dumbass - I study math and physics at a good state University - but BZPs have a powerful clutch on my brain that is harder to shake than any substance I've come across. I really wish that I was never prescribed benzos in the first place. I don't think I needed them to begin with, but after taking them every day for 5 years, I do need them now. But I'm doing my best to get off, slowly but surely.

I guess tl;dr try to not judge people who take benzos every day. It's really sad when I meet people who need 10mg of Xanax to get through the day, it's a really shitty addiction that some people can fall into without realizing it. I've kicked opiates, amphetamines, nicotine, weed, various prescription meds etc various times throughout the years, but benzos are the one class of drugs that still have me by the balls. The way that they fuck with your baseline anxiety (not to mention your memory) is unreal.

All that being said - Clonazolam is still the best benzo I've ever tried :D I'm currently on my nightly .25 Clonazolam dose, plus a good amount of high quality weed, and one IPA (in the interest of HR, don't combine GABAergics and stuff plz). Feeling like I might fall asleep within the next 10 minutes or so.

Last edited:
Just curious, do you plan to take benzodiazepines until the day you die, numbing as much emotional pain as possible? I can only imagine this prolonging the "healing" process a lot.

Does therapy not help you at all?

Just curious, do you plan to take benzodiazepines until the day you die, numbing as much emotional pain as possible? I can only imagine this prolonging the "healing" process a lot.

Does therapy not help you at all?

I'm sure that everyone who is currently dependent on benzodiazepines will give you a different answer.

Personally, I would really like to get off them completely. As effective as they can be in the short term, all they've really done in the long term for me is mess with my baseline anxiety levels and screw up my memory. However, as I'm sure you know, it's extremely difficult to "just stop taking them" - if only it were that easy!

Allegorically, it's like you asking someone "just curious, do you plan on smoking cigarettes until the day you die? Are you aware that you're doing more bad than good? Have you tried therapy or other means?" Every cigarette smoker will answer your question differently, because their decision will ultimately arise from countless complicating factors. And that decision, medically speaking, is none of your flippin' business! ;)

Personally, I feel like I've tried everything. Yes, therapy and natural means can help quite a bit, but they can only be so effective against the sheer horror that is benzo w/d. I have tried cold turkey (protip: never, ever do that), I have tried tapering with Valium, I have tried substituting with Gabapentin and Phenibut and sleep aids...but no matter what I do, it seems like I can't get below the level of 10mg Valium per night (which is roughly equivalent to .25mg Clonazolam IME.) It is very possible to suffer through the tapers and live to see the other side, but the real issue there is the PAWS. Benzos have a very intense post acute withdrawal that I'm honestly not sure ever goes away. Of these past 5 years, I've been completely benzo free for 4 months, but then got back on them after noticing little to no improvement. Benzo withdrawal, and the (seemingly) eternal post acute withdrawal, made my life a living nightmare where I withdrew from school and work for a semester, suffering general and social anxiety to the point of agoraphobia. After suffering through living hell for 4 months every day, I bit the bullet and got on a small nightly dose, which has helped me immensely (at least in the short term.) To me it makes complete and total sense why somebody would choose to stay on these drugs for life. And it's really sad, but it's something that we shouldn't judge others for.

Plenty of folks are just like you and me, except they have to take a pill every day to function. When given the choice between "take this pill every day to function" or "not be able to function at all" - I'm sorry, but for a lot of people, that's not even a choice. Source: BZP addict who doesn't abuse his meds and is tired of the constant stigma, even among presumably open minded drug users.

I'll need to make a massive order thursday on payday. Stuff's getting banned mid august in Sweden....this makes me very sad. I was accepting that the 1mg flubromazepam pink caps I got was a one time very cheap thing. But this, I was using since more than a year to use very little of my rx's.

I'm gonna have to risk myself buying adinazolam from China, once that place has their credit card stuff working.

SWIM has been experimenting with clonazolam and it's wonderful. However, doses must be kept to .5mg to 1mg to avoid looking completely zonked and/or losing control if you where to be operating machinery or driving (basic FYI here, but makes SWIM feel better to spell it out). It has been speculated by chemists that lam (F-LAM) has a much greater tendency to cause seizures during w/d VS PAM such as diazapam. SWIM has not yet read any peer reviewed research studies on the topic yet, but SWIM receives info from extremely knowledgeable and experienced sources, not just SWIM.

The bottom line is safety is absolutely #1 issue and ALWAYS start small. Give yourself 1-3 breaks as to avoid chemical dependency in the brain. Also, there is a considerable amount of low quality research benzos being marketed and SWIM can recommended some superb sources, shoot SWIM a PM and we can discuss. Good example: think of Breaking Bad when the MA content is 99.8%+ purity which is infinitely more potent then say 95% purity. SWIM can attest to this personally.

Start small, know your limits and respect those around you such as loved ones as friends as these chems can and will kill you if used improperly.

All the best,

B_G (adj)

Walt's meth is 99,1%....just like all the elements they added up to make the human body (they forgot 2 trace elements but it's still pretty much the same thing), the 0,9998something "shy" he told Gretchen and then she said something about maybe the rest is the soul and young Walt scoffed at the idea. Just something you notice after a rewatch of the show or two ;)

And I B Profane, my rx for valium is 20mg a day and i get 15 xanax 1mg a month to prevent me from taking more valium, its perfect cos its short acting and will put me to sleep. But since a while I'm mostly stockpiling my rx's, due to having a source for clonazolam that is very cheap and I got enough to survive my surprise mega strong and cheap flub-lam 1mg pink caps I got from a site I never use at all who had a sudden fire sale due to it getting banned in sweden.

Anyway, the only way I'm getting off benzos, as to minimize the PAWS, too, me and my psychiatrist have decided that once I'm ready, since I've proven in the past being able to taper down 4mg clonaz a day to 20mg valium, started at 55mg valium a day, then 50 the next week and so on and if I felt discomfort hit hard below X dose, we would stop there. At 20mg, I'm at a low dose enough, to start taking 1mg less every i dunno yet, I'll have to re-read Dr.Ashton's book which is online. But thanks to Valium coming in 10, 5 and 2mg pills, which can be split in two, it's gonna be an 19 month process most likely. It's the only rational way so I don't suffer too much. Once the f-lam is gone, i'm gonna start spacing days where I think c-lam and when I take just 0.5mg a day (currently 1.5-2mg), I'll bring back the Valium in, just one 10mg, and I'm scripted double that. Eventually I'll have no RC benzo,unless the benzo gods make adinazolam "buyable" for me, I don't like Western Union and that crap, gotta wait for the place's credit card system to work and i'll be getting a gram of that and I'll have at least a year. But I won't use it for keeping wd's at bay, I'll use it like Xanax, it's the superior Xanax with a brand name Upjohn decided never to sell for some reason, too efficient antidepressant wise I imagine? would make SSRI's irrelevant? Who knows.

When I taper off the valium, I'll have a pile of it, sure it's gonna be hard taking 19mg, but I'll tell my psychiatrist then so he scripts me 10's, 5's and 2's so I can do it. I just can't wait to even do it. But not yet, life situation requires me to be an anxiolytic to endure the madness around me.

Last edited:
Having never taken any benzos/analogues before would this be a good choice to take to calm/help sleep on a DOM trip?? It seems most people recommend having benzos at hand. I plan to only use them to help with sleep after the bulk of the trip is done, or are there better alternatives? Thanks

Melatonin can help falling asleep. Obviously benzodiazepines as well. Just don't make it a habit, it'll bite you in the pooper.

I didn't intend to minimize the horror of benzo dependency, believe me I know... I'm tapering with help of professionals. I just needed to point out that not everyone can just get through crippling anxiety without therapy accompanied by a benzo- short term.

Where I and others got fucked was with physicians who prescribe these when you ask for them but don't have you take them as they were approved - temporarily.

I think we can all agree with this, can't we?

Ill look into Melatonin although it seems it prescription only in UK so probably harder to find than most illegal drugs! Ill have a browse of the usual places. It would literally only be for when I decide to take DOM, I can sleep pretty easily after LSD and thats my normal choice. Would be at most once every couple of months.

While melatonin is a prescription drug it's not scheduled and easily available, look around.

Having never taken any benzos/analogues before would this be a good choice to take to calm/help sleep on a DOM trip?? It seems most people recommend having benzos at hand. I plan to only use them to help with sleep after the bulk of the trip is done, or are there better alternatives? Thanks

This is why I was ever interested(just slightly in benzos to start with, make the uncomfortable kind of lingering all brain thoughts are drained yet you're still rolling around your bed at 6 am after taking a strong long lasting psychedelic, and I'm just speaking of LSD. I had a surprise DOB trip which left me with HPPD which led met to the cure to HPPD from a Neurologist (clonazepam).....Anyway, LSD is candy compared to DOM, which at least you know is DOM and surely not dosed in the 60's/70's way when called STP in the streets. So yes, go ahead. I just wish you never get HPPD, because I was once like you, a psy/dissociative kind of person only, then maybe too much LSD and a surprise DOB blotter left me with effed up vision which clonazepam cured, 0.5mg twice a day.When I saw a psychiatrist because my GP had retired and he was scripting me 15 Seconals a year for pre-exam insomnia/anxiety in college, then Canada removed all the good barbs in oct 2004, was switched to another old school sleeper, Placidyl, 15 a year only for my impossible to control lifetime insomnia, where I would get some sleep at least normally, but when I had very important exams at 8 or 10 am the next day I was doomed. That only lasted 2 years, Placidyl was removed in late 2006. But what's important to notice is here I was scripted a very strong pleasant as fuck barbiturate, Seconal, but I respected, just took 1. Knowing that taking 2 could as well kill me.

Went a bit into my personal history because your question resounded with me, the many times I wish I could just call my weed dealer at 6 am cos he was scripted 1 2mg clonazepam a day, and he would just give some to me most of the time, but nope, I didn't have any. So don't worry, enjoy your DOM trip lucky you, it's illegal, so like DET and AET I don't think I'll ever experience it.

I didn't intend to minimize the horror of benzo dependency, believe me I know... I'm tapering with help of professionals. I just needed to point out that not everyone can just get through crippling anxiety without therapy accompanied by a benzo- short term.

Where I and others got fucked was with physicians who prescribe these when you ask for them but don't have you take them as they were approved - temporarily.

I think we can all agree with this, can't we?

Actually, no I can't. My script was clonazepam .5mg bid, the original one, for HPPD,which you have to take for a year certainly. Also, a script prn for panic attacks with short acting benzos as long as no abuse happens is very common, and okay.The 4 weeks max thing is for daily dosing.

This is why I was ever interested(just slightly in benzos to start with, make the uncomfortable kind of lingering all brain thoughts are drained yet you're still rolling around your bed at 6 am after taking a strong long lasting psychedelic, and I'm just speaking of LSD. I had a surprise DOB trip which left me with HPPD which led met to the cure to HPPD from a Neurologist (clonazepam).....Anyway, LSD is candy compared to DOM, which at least you know is DOM and surely not dosed in the 60's/70's way when called STP in the streets. So yes, go ahead. I just wish you never get HPPD, because I was once like you, a psy/dissociative kind of person only, then maybe too much LSD and a surprise DOB blotter left me with effed up vision which clonazepam cured, 0.5mg twice a day.When I saw a psychiatrist because my GP had retired and he was scripting me 15 Seconals a year for pre-exam insomnia/anxiety in college, then Canada removed all the good barbs in oct 2004, was switched to another old school sleeper, Placidyl, 15 a year only for my impossible to control lifetime insomnia, where I would get some sleep at least normally, but when I had very important exams at 8 or 10 am the next day I was doomed. That only lasted 2 years, Placidyl was removed in late 2006. But what's important to notice is here I was scripted a very strong pleasant as fuck barbiturate, Seconal, but I respected, just took 1. Knowing that taking 2 could as well kill me.

Went a bit into my personal history because your question resounded with me, the many times I wish I could just call my weed dealer at 6 am cos he was scripted 1 2mg clonazepam a day, and he would just give some to me most of the time, but nope, I didn't have any. So don't worry, enjoy your DOM trip lucky you, it's illegal, so like DET and AET I don't think I'll ever experience it.

Sounds harsh. Yeah I purchased them as DOM at 5mg a blotter (its actually printed on the tab!) rather than being miss sold them as LSD (the horror I can only imagine! although I do have all reagents to help out). Aside from getting addicted is Clonazolam pretty safe at the 0.5mg range? It would probably be more like once every 4 months to be fair as im not at all short of Lysergic and dont intend to ever be haha!

Thanks

Sounds harsh. Yeah I purchased them as DOM at 5mg a blotter (its actually printed on the tab!) rather than being miss sold them as LSD (the horror I can only imagine! although I do have all reagents to help out). Aside from getting addicted is Clonazolam pretty safe at the 0.5mg range? It would probably be more like once every 4 months to be fair as im not at all short of Lysergic and dont intend to ever be haha!

Thanks

That's pretty cool DOM blots. Yeah 0.5mg is like maybe slightly stronger 10mg valium. Don't sweat it. Maybe the trip will turn in a way where you won't even need it, by the end of LSD carreer I could sleep on a couple of blotters 6-7 hours later if I had a 6 pack with it. You won't get addicted from a single dose if you decide to take it. Happy trails :)

Actually, no I can't. My script was clonazepam .5mg bid, the original one, for HPPD,which you have to take for a year certainly. Also, a script prn for panic attacks with short acting benzos as long as no abuse happens is very common, and okay.The 4 weeks max thing is for daily dosing.

I think I've been misunderstood, TRO - I'm not all critical of the way you've used benzos. Rather, I feel it is completely appropriate. My suggestion that benzos be used short term is for most people. Some people need them long term, possibly for life, be it prn or daily.

I have no argument with anything you've written, in fact I think you're quite articulate and on point.

Hope that clears that up. Thanks

I was thinking about something earlier today. Clonazolam is (put very simply) the molecular love child of Clonazepam and Nitrazepam yes?

I see no reason why Clonazolam and Etizolam wouldn't be able to have their own molecular love child. Seriously, the effects of etiz mixed with the long half life and more sedating properties of Clonazolam? I'm already sold. Hey chemists, get on this shit. Lol

I B Profane said:
I was thinking about something earlier today. Clonazolam is (put very simply) the molecular love child of Clonazepam and Nitrazepam yes?

I thought Clonazolam was the the love child of Clonazepam and Alprazolam...? Benzos and the like I am far from an expert in though so I stand to be corrected..

I tried Clonazolam for the first time the other night after a wee stim binge, just a single 0.5 tablet.. They don't half pack a punch ay. Abuse potential for these are ridiculous, as are most benzos I guess. I'm just grateful I don't see the recreational side to any of them..

Hey folks, would the yellow gel cap 0.5mg Clonazolam cause a blackout in somebody with zero tolerance? How strong is it in comparison to say, Alprazolam? Where does 0.5mg of Clonazolam land equivalent to Alprazolam?

I've read the thread and it seems a lot of people are getting absolutely blasted with this stuff, but didn't see anything on dosage comparisons except to Clonazepam (With which I have zero experience). Would appreciate any answers, thanks.