• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Clonazepam

I think people who end up with problems from benzos are people who abuse the hell out of them or who take higher doses regularly. Not people who take them as needed for anxiety.
Did I say that people who use them as directed can't have issues? No, I didn't.
I really love how people on here are quick to jump right down my fucking throat
focus on accurate self-expression if you don't want to be that upset, you seem to be making a lot of fuss of nothing.

I've taken it for 15 or so years and never upped my dose. Sometimes that's all that works for some and not everyone abuses them. I started at 4mg a day and now take 2mg(some days only 0.5mg. Last winter i went out of province and forgot them. After 4-5 days i felt some anxiety(my mom was dying so expected) but was ok otherwise. I did take a couple ativan that the doctor at the hospital gave me but in total i went 36 days with non and was fine. Seems i'm the unicorn when it comes to benzos.

Everyone is different and not everyone abuses them. Some weeks i wouldn't be able to function without them. It seems people get more flack for benzos but not fent and meth. odd

When I used to get prescribed Klonopin, I started on .5 3 times a day, then I went up to .5 4 times a day, then the doctor upped it to 1 mg 3 times a day and I stayed at that dose for about 10 months until I came off Klonopin. I didn't abuse it when it was prescribed to me. But after I came off of it I started abusing them by buying it off the streets and taking a lot, mixing it with alcohol and sometimes opioids which I don't recommend. I'm surprised some people didn't go through withdrawals. When I was getting it prescribed and when I came off of it, I went through muscle spasms, shakes, eyes twitching, paranoia, sensitivity to lights and sounds, fatigue, and anxiety for two weeks.

quick tip - consumer CBD products are ass. purchase full spectrum CBD hemp extract for a fraction of the cost, like 4$ a gram was my last. i got a kilo, has lasted years.
problem is, I don't know where to find it that cheap...

I said not everyone has problems with benzo withdrawal. Which is true.
People who abuse the fuck out of them are more likely to have issues, obviously.

Yeah, my mom was on clonazepam for 30 years. I watched what she had to go through during withdrawal periods. It was pretty brutal.
She didn't abuse them either, or at least she didn't think she was "abusing" them since she was taking them as directed. But taking high doses of benzos for 30 years, even if it a doctor says it's okay, is obviously not good. Yet she was old, uneducated & didn't know any better. She thought doctors knew what they were doing. She didn't see klonopin as a "drug" either. So she took it even when she didn't even need it, since the directions told her to.

Yet ironically I haven't had any of those problems going on & off of it. I wouldn't wanna be without access to it since I have a legit panic/anxiety problem.

So I said not everyone is going to have problems. Which isn't an "incorrect" statement when it's obvious that everyone has different reactions. More like, that's my OPINION.

I've known plenty of other people who've taken & left benzos without too many issues. Yet I'm totally aware how dangerous benzo withdrawal is, even deadly or at least is suppose to be.

Just like some people can get through opioid withdrawals like it's nothing, yet I'm completely dysfunctional during opioid withdrawal.

Pointing out the fact that not everyone will have brutal withdrawals from benzos is important because there's some people on here who love to fearmonger & try to get people to quit their fucking medications (that they probably need) by projecting their own fears & even flat out lying to scare the original poster. Which seems highly unethical.

I really love how people on here are quick to jump right down my fucking throat, including staff members, any time I speak my mind about shit, yet other users (like one in this thread) can go around saying klonopin causes liver damage (which is a highly untrue statement) to scare people off their meds and yet nobody "corrects" that. Some selective harassment that goes on on this site. Hilarious.
im curious to ask... how much would it be too much? recently I saw the opinion of a psychiatrist saying taking it 2 times a week will already be considered to be regular use, and that since clonazepam works different from other benzos the effect on this one lasts longer so you shouldn't have to take it everyday, because its considered more like an emergency pill.

I didn't get my trip report correctly, only reported 4 days out of the 10-12 days that I took it, but here is how it went:
I was taking .5mg 2 times a day, some days I would drink alcohol some don't. only one time that I was having an anxiety attack I took 2 full 1mg pills and it worked like magic, I don't know what I would have done except maybe cry and scream all night maybe even cutting myself but it only took a few minutes to work and I was able to calm down and call a friend.

the bad thing is I think, I started to condition myself whenever I was nervous (which was often) one time I was about to see someone that made me really anxious but I forgot to take my pills and that's why I didn't take it. even without it everything went fine and I was ok, so that made me realize maybe I didn't need it as much as I thought and that I had to be more selective on when to take it... after that I went three days without taking any. then, I continued with .5 twice maybe for a couple of days, maybe skipping days I don't remember, until I finished all 15 pills.

I said not everyone has problems with benzo withdrawal. Which is true.
People who abuse the fuck out of them are more likely to have issues, obviously.

Yeah, my mom was on clonazepam for 30 years. I watched what she had to go through during withdrawal periods. It was pretty brutal.
She didn't abuse them either, or at least she didn't think she was "abusing" them since she was taking them as directed. But taking high doses of benzos for 30 years, even if it a doctor says it's okay, is obviously not good. Yet she was old, uneducated & didn't know any better. She thought doctors knew what they were doing. She didn't see klonopin as a "drug" either. So she took it even when she didn't even need it, since the directions told her to.

Yet ironically I haven't had any of those problems going on & off of it. I wouldn't wanna be without access to it since I have a legit panic/anxiety problem.

So I said not everyone is going to have problems. Which isn't an "incorrect" statement when it's obvious that everyone has different reactions. More like, that's my OPINION.

I've known plenty of other people who've taken & left benzos without too many issues. Yet I'm totally aware how dangerous benzo withdrawal is, even deadly or at least is suppose to be.

Just like some people can get through opioid withdrawals like it's nothing, yet I'm completely dysfunctional during opioid withdrawal.

Pointing out the fact that not everyone will have brutal withdrawals from benzos is important because there's some people on here who love to fearmonger & try to get people to quit their fucking medications (that they probably need) by projecting their own fears & even flat out lying to scare the original poster. Which seems highly unethical.

I really love how people on here are quick to jump right down my fucking throat, including staff members, any time I speak my mind about shit, yet other users (like one in this thread) can go around saying klonopin causes liver damage (which is a highly untrue statement) to scare people off their meds and yet nobody "corrects" that. Some selective harassment that goes on on this site. Hilarious.
this was the statement i was referring to: I think people who end up with problems from benzos abuse the hell out of them or take higher doses regularly. Not people who take them as needed for anxiety.
Which can be your opinion, but I'm just saying I have seen a lot of people take exactly as directed for anxiety and end up in the brutal wd zone. IMO it seems to be about how long you take them. sorry if I set you off wrong - I think the reason that myself and others who have been through it
have such a reaction to these kind of statements is because we are collectively traumatized by the unique hell that is benzo withdrawal.

While you think it's unethical because some people might not have problems, I perceive it as the opposite - the problem is SO bad and in fact affects so many people that do take as directed, I feel it's unethical NOT to inform people of the possibility they might face.
It would be optimal if we had a genetic test or something that definitively showed whether or not you might have a problem getting off of them, but we don't yet.

Seems like one of us prefers a false negative, the other a false positive as the preferential outcome, which is fine. IME the people who I have seen take and leave benzos use them in a one-off fashion - which, IMO is their best use case.
The folks I have seen go multiple months on benzos more often than not (in my experience) have some sort of pretty brutal rebound/withdrawal period - and some of us have life-changing traumatic experiences.

But sorry, was not trying to come down on you and apologize if overly harsh.

im curious to ask... how much would it be too much? recently I saw the opinion of a psychiatrist saying taking it 2 times a week will already be considered to be regular use, and that since clonazepam works different from other benzos the effect on this one lasts longer so you shouldn't have to take it everyday, because its considered more like an emergency pill.

I didn't get my trip report correctly, only reported 4 days out of the 10-12 days that I took it, but here is how it went:
I was taking .5mg 2 times a day, some days I would drink alcohol some don't. only one time that I was having an anxiety attack I took 2 full 1mg pills and it worked like magic, I don't know what I would have done except maybe cry and scream all night maybe even cutting myself but it only took a few minutes to work and I was able to calm down and call a friend.

the bad thing is I think, I started to condition myself whenever I was nervous (which was often) one time I was about to see someone that made me really anxious but I forgot to take my pills and that's why I didn't take it. even without it everything went fine and I was ok, so that made me realize maybe I didn't need it as much as I thought and that I had to be more selective on when to take it... after that I went three days without taking any. then, I continued with .5 twice maybe for a couple of days, maybe skipping days I don't remember, until I finished all 15 pills.
what the doc is getting at is that the half-life of clonazepam is long 30-40 hours, meaning it isn't really "out" of you until two days later approximately - so if you take it every other day, you are essentially on benzos constantly and in danger of habituation.
IMO/IME a better agent for one-off anxiety use is alprazolam/xanax - it works faster, and has a much shorter half life.

Currently I am having the worst time of my life, I mean it. I've been going through some shit lately and today I haven't been able to get out of bed, im not hungry and I just want to cry, sleep or look at the wall... I was barely able to get the energy to check the thread and write about this. I'm in a very bad position with my partner because of my current mental state, I have become a burden to her, today I told her I needed help because of how I was feeling and she was angry with me because I made her feel responsible for myself and guilty if she didn't come see me (we are poly, she was on a date with a girl she fell in love with, who happens to be my best friend) so instead of taking charge of myself and my feelings I am starting to make her feel guilty for what she is doing and putting her in a position where she has to "save me", even tho she had to go through some dumb ass shit because of bad decisions I've been making, fighting everyday and her having to deal with my emotional outbursts. That last call we had was painful... I felt like a little kid crying for her mom to pick them up from school.

I hate to be that kind of person, I usually get by my issues without having such breakdowns, its been YEARS since I felt this way and it bothers me that I am now having suicidal thoughts, its so unnerving and intrusive to think about suicide, I really don't want to do it but getting images of myself dead in a pool of blood or hanged, wtf? why? ... I feel so pathetic right now and I am only making it worst for myself to the point where I can ruin my relationship with my partner, my best friend and fuck up my business and a project im working on. She is not in a good mental state either and is under a lot of pressure and I can see how hard she is trying to get by and trying to reassure me that she wants to be with me and support us, but im just making it hard for her to make it.

I don't want to feel like this and I really need help so I can get my shit together, and be responsible for myself. That's why I decided I will buy a 30 pills badge tomorrow. I understand the risk and I am very committed with taking them responsibly and not overuse them. I'm scared too because I know in my current situation it might be hard not to over take them but I really hit rock bottom today.

I will be posting about my use everyday so I can keep a journal and y'all can comment on that.

Thank you everyone for your comments on this thread its been really informative and helpful, this has also been a space where I can really talk about what's going on without being judged. I don't know how my partner will take my decision but I will have to communicate that to her since she is the one who talked me out of it (besides speaking to some of you), I hope she understands and it doesn't become a bigger issue. I really think I am making the best decision.

Nevermind... she asked me not do it so I won't. Instead I will try to get a psychiatrist through the government. I guess its the end of this thread.

Well.... I take Clonazepam 0.5mg.s twice a day and it really dosn't do much. I think it's because I'm on such a low dose. I think it's working though because I havn't been having too many problems with my anxiety lately.

Well.... I take Clonazepam 0.5mg.s twice a day and it really dosn't do much. I think it's because I'm on such a low dose. I think it's working though because I havn't been having too many problems with my anxiety lately.
Yeah .5 twice a day is a therapeutic dose and will certainly take care of anxiety.

Well.. my med list is bigger than just that. I take Clozapine 400mg at night, Clozapine 100mg morning, Lithium 600mg at night, Buspar 10mg 3 times a day, Clonazepam 0.5mg twice a day, Pantoprazol 40mg morning, Mirtazepine 45mg at night, Propranolol 40mg twice a day, Rexulti 3mg morning, Tamsulosin 0.4mg twice a day, Naltrexone 50mg morning, Famotidine 20mg morning, Dicyclomine 20mg PRN and Lisinopril 40mg morning.

this was the statement i was referring to: I think people who end up with problems from benzos abuse the hell out of them or take higher doses regularly. Not people who take them as needed for anxiety.
Which can be your opinion, but I'm just saying I have seen a lot of people take exactly as directed for anxiety and end up in the brutal wd zone. IMO it seems to be about how long you take them. sorry if I set you off wrong - I think the reason that myself and others who have been through it
have such a reaction to these kind of statements is because we are collectively traumatized by the unique hell that is benzo withdrawal.

While you think it's unethical because some people might not have problems, I perceive it as the opposite - the problem is SO bad and in fact affects so many people that do take as directed, I feel it's unethical NOT to inform people of the possibility they might face.
It would be optimal if we had a genetic test or something that definitively showed whether or not you might have a problem getting off of them, but we don't yet.

Seems like one of us prefers a false negative, the other a false positive as the preferential outcome, which is fine. IME the people who I have seen take and leave benzos use them in a one-off fashion - which, IMO is their best use case.
The folks I have seen go multiple months on benzos more often than not (in my experience) have some sort of pretty brutal rebound/withdrawal period - and some of us have life-changing traumatic experiences.

But sorry, was not trying to come down on you and apologize if overly harsh.
Yeah, you're not wrong that people can experience withdrawal from taking it as directed. And there's certainly nothing wrong informing people of the dangers of benzo withdrawal. But you won't know exactly what the person might go through.

I'm probably the rarity & was mostly posting that to show that people can be on benzos for lengthy periods of times without any problems. In fact, i'd like some one to tell me why I've been able to take klonopin for the past 15 years & not have any withdrawal symptoms. And my dosing has been all over the place with it.

Obviously benzo withdrawals can kill people. But for me, it's basically one day of rebound anxiety & then it's over. I'd love to know why I'm so unique in this case.
I'd imagine if I was taking it every single day for years & years, it would be worse. But I still take it pretty often & have some how gotten lucky. Yet when my mom went without hers, she was bed-ridden & would hear voices & all kinds of crazy shit. I always thought maybe she was just exaggerating but I doubt it. Wonder what the variable is that causes such drastic differences in how people feel withdrawal from benzos.

Yeah, you're not wrong that people can experience withdrawal from taking it as directed. And there's certainly nothing wrong informing people of the dangers of benzo withdrawal. But you won't know exactly what the person might go through.

I'm probably the rarity & was mostly posting that to show that people can be on benzos for lengthy periods of times without any problems. In fact, i'd like some one to tell me why I've been able to take klonopin for the past 15 years & not have any withdrawal symptoms. And my dosing has been all over the place with it.

Obviously benzo withdrawals can kill people. But for me, it's basically one day of rebound anxiety & then it's over. I'd love to know why I'm so unique in this case.
I'd imagine if I was taking it every single day for years & years, it would be worse. But I still take it pretty often & have some how gotten lucky. Yet when my mom went without hers, she was bed-ridden & would hear voices & all kinds of crazy shit. I always thought maybe she was just exaggerating but I doubt it. Wonder what the variable is that causes such drastic differences in how people feel withdrawal from benzos.
IME gabanergic WDs have a very genetic component, and those of us with already disregulated glutamate/GABA axis are MUCH more prone to this stuff.
My mom/sister and I ALL get ethanol DT symptoms from a single night of drinking, have bad anxiety issues and get awful bzd wds. I have had some friends that drink a gallon of whiskey a day and stop CT with no problems, so it's very much a dice roll.
That's why I like to present the info of what COULD happen because... no one seems to do that much when people are starting benzos. REally wish we had a genetic test. would help a lot of people.
and i know your mom suffered badly, but could be the combo of genes with your father and her just skipped a generation. It is also possible that with that kind of sporadic usage you just have not hit your threshold to tip you over into the real physical WD zone.

IME gabanergic WDs have a very genetic component, and those of us with already disregulated glutamate/GABA axis are MUCH more prone to this stuff.
My mom/sister and I ALL get ethanol DT symptoms from a single night of drinking, have bad anxiety issues and get awful bzd wds. I have had some friends that drink a gallon of whiskey a day and stop CT with no problems, so it's very much a dice roll.
That's why I like to present the info of what COULD happen because... no one seems to do that much when people are starting benzos. REally wish we had a genetic test. would help a lot of people.
and i know your mom suffered badly, but could be the combo of genes with your father and her just skipped a generation. It is also possible that with that kind of sporadic usage you just have not hit your threshold to tip you over into the real physical WD zone.
Yeah I dunno.
I get withdrawals & rebound anxiety from one night of drinking myself.
But I can take my klonopin one night & be alright the next day.
Could be a genetic thing. I'm also just much more prone to opioid withdrawal & have constant anxiety & body pain, so maybe I just don't differentiate my benzo withdrawals from my normal waking states because they're so similar as it is. I dunno. I'm sure some there's some psychological component to it as well. For instance, some one who prefers their benzos over most other drugs is probably going to perceive the withdrawal as worse than some one who's accustom to opioids. I dunno, just spitballing here. Of course gabaergic withdrawals can kill you, so I'm not saying it's all strictly psychological either.

What do you think about Chlordiazepoxide v.s. Clonazepam ? Which one's better for anxiety ?
Isn't that Librium? That's like the weakest Benzo out there.. They give that in the county jail where I live to detox people who come in addicted to benzos... But yeah Clonazepam blows that stuff out of the water