• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos clonazepam how much is too much?

yeah..the alcohol and benzo interaction is craaaaaazzzyyy..i figured it would have a reaction..but not THIS bad of one.

I did tell you not to combine benzos with alcohol lol. Personally I've never done it but I've heard horror stories of other ppl doing it. I've combined benzos with opioids and alls that does is enhance the sedative effects of both drugs, hence a heavier nod potentially leading to increased respiratory depression which can be fatal.

Most ppl ignore advice so in the interests of harm reduction if your going to combine a benzo with another CNS depressant take small doses, and I'd say NEVER combine it with alcohol no matter what the dose, period!

Last edited:
I am asking for some help this is my first post. I got addicted to clonazepam over 30 years of prescriptions to the point well I had to have it to feel normal. I was taking about 30mg a day after a starting doze in the early 80s of 6 mg. I began finding ways to get it but that is not so easy these days. I also started as soon as Xanax came out on that and it was my first drug I got hooked on so they switched me to clonazepam. In addition to that I took Ativan etc. The drug store pharmacist warned me I was on too many "pams". This was a legal prescription. It got to the point that even that doze it did not work so I was constantly taking more to feel well enough to leave my apartment. At one point finally I got some help from addiction services and they had never seen anyone on such a high dose so could not advise how it would be after so long. I did a very slow taper (1 year) and I had to go to the drug store every 3 days to pick them up so I would not take them all at once. Fast forward 4 years after that to now. I am having problems again and of course am always running low on them. (I have been flagged as drug seeking behavoir and am always saying I can't go anywhere because I am sick (I ran out) since I live alone my adult kids don't really notice this as they did not the last time in fact I did not even tell them I went to addiction services until it was all over. I am ashamed to find myself in the same position again. How could I get the pills? Well what happened was the pshyc told me when someone was on these drugs for as long as I was it was good to leave me on a bit. So at the end of it all I had gone down to 2 mg. a day. Now it is nothing to me. My doctor in the last couple of years raised the dose to 6 mg. a day over time because my anxiety was so high I could not work and he is all about being in the workforce. Now I am hitting that point where I know I need to do something but I don't feel good. Any tips for me about how to go about getting myself back down again without being totally unable to function? I am a grandmother and take care of my grandchildren everyday (don't drive so that is not an issue) Thanks.
P.S. The original diagnosis was a severe anxiety disorder.

Buddy, stick with clonazepam (Klonopin) or diazepam (Valium). those are your taper medicines. Pick one and get on a high enough dose to cover all other drugs.
Alcohol, pills, can kill you. Opiates perscribed or not.
I suggest you see your doctor and get this settled. Your flirting with worse than just long term addiction.

Buddy, stick with clonazepam (Klonopin) or diazepam (Valium). those are your taper medicines. Pick one and get on a high enough dose to cover all other drugs.
Alcohol, pills, can kill you. Opiates perscribed or not.
I suggest you see your doctor and get this settled. Your flirting with worse than just long term addiction.
Hi my doctor wants to taper me down and off from the clonazepam. During this time everytime I have something come up that I have to face other people I feel like taking the whole bottle. I can see why someone who can afford to do it would go to a private rehab to be away from things as it would make it much easier I have too many responsibilities that tempt me back to the pills. The doctor has not been much help at all. Other advice appreciated.

Reading this post makes me cringe. These are examples of why doctors are hesitant a lot of times in prescribing benzos. Doesn't help when all the stupid rappers talk about popping "zans". Benzos are only good to relieve anxiety or help one come down from stimulant binges, IMO. They come on very handy

i did go to my Dr and i had them switch me from klonopins..that experience kinda scared me a little bit. fuck that shit. lol. thanks for all the replies..even if some were mean..i needed that kick in the ass for being stupid with clonazepam. it is indeed a mean thing if misused.

So I managed to curb my clonazepam use down to 2 mg. a day for about a year. Then a series of events happened and in the end I used a lot of clonazepam for about a week (that was some time ago now) and I ended up binging on them again and again so I keep running out early. Hospital has me down as drug seeking behaviour and will not help me. I don't have friends ( included in the series of events was a death of my good friend) so I get bored and then i want to take more.... I need to last now until the end of the month I am afraid that it will be too much for me. Is there anything else I can take that will soften the withdrawals? Thanks.

I think after 3 mg you shouldn't really do more without a tolerance. \

I tried 6 mg or so and didnt get much out of it differently

I have a stupidly high tolerance to benzos... 3 + years eating over 60 5mg per month. I no longer get any form of euphoria. If anything, I'll obtain a slight decrease in my usual panic mode.
I was recently prescribed clonazepam and abused the fuck out of it because I feel no relief, ever.

I think I'm doomed or medication resistant or just stupid.

I just want to feel ok.

So I managed to curb my clonazepam use down to 2 mg. a day for about a year. Then a series of events happened and in the end I used a lot of clonazepam for about a week (that was some time ago now) and I ended up binging on them again and again so I keep running out early. Hospital has me down as drug seeking behaviour and will not help me. I don't have friends ( included in the series of events was a death of my good friend) so I get bored and then i want to take more.... I need to last now until the end of the month I am afraid that it will be too much for me. Is there anything else I can take that will soften the withdrawals? Thanks.

There's nothing. I'm sorry, but it's true. Benzos for me would kill the pain, even if only momentarily. Now they don't cut it. There's nothing left except for serious self help, non drug induced stability. I'm on anti depressants, anti psychotics, benzos galore.
And I STILL feel like dying.
My own mind needs to repair. I need to figure myself out, from the inside out.

I did tell you not to combine benzos with alcohol lol. Personally I've never done it but I've heard horror stories of other ppl doing it. I've combined benzos with opioids and alls that does is enhance the sedative effects of both drugs, hence a heavier nod potentially leading to increased respiratory depression which can be fatal.

Most ppl ignore advice so in the interests of harm reduction if your going to combine a benzo with another CNS depressant take small doses, and I'd say NEVER combine it with alcohol no matter what the dose, period!

I've combined benzos with alcohol literally hundreds of times. I'm fully aware of the implications but when you're in THAT frame of mind, ya just don't care. I'll be lucky to survive the night... I've have a plethora of benzos and alcohol... I just do it without thinking. I'm falling to pieces mentally right now and unfortunately no longer care.