Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

(Queensland) clonazapam vs Valium

Twofaced

Greenlighter
Is clonazapam the same as Valium except 2mg clonazapam feels like 40mg of Valium .. are they almost identical like in structure? So Valium feels like I’m in cotton wool after a stressful day and I tried clonazapam and it felt like that warm cotton wool but as if I had taken 40mg of Valium .. might sound silly
Ativan and Xanax just numb me and not calm n relax me .. any one else agree 😊

Benzos are all relatively similar in effect but Clonazepam and diazepam (Valium) are very similar even among benzos. They are both long acting benzos which have strong anxiolytic (anxiety reducing) effects, musculoskeletal relaxant effects and low hypnotic effects as far as benzos go.

The main difference is that clonazepam is much more potent by weight and your estimation of 2mg/40mg sounds roughly right to me.

I don’t know exactly how similar they are in chemical structure but yes they are certainly very similar in effect.

Xanax and Ativan (but especially Xanax) are more suited to panic attacks as they hit harder and wear off faster so that may be why you didn’t like them as much.

I prefer clonazepam myself :)

They feel different to me personally, Because I suffer from anxiety I find alprazolam to be euphoric and stimulating. It helps me get out and about.

2mg Clonazepam is equivalent to 30mg of Diazepam.

Ashton manual puts 0.5mg clonazepam as equivalent to 10mg diazepam. Personally I think it's more like 1mg clonazepam to 10mg diazepam, those charts are all estimates and differ by individual.

To me diazepam and clonazepam feel very different. They're both long-acting benzos sure but Vallies have a nice warm fluffy feeling to them while Rivotril "smacks" more since it's much more potent, but it lacks the warmth and is more likely to cause blackouts.

Both are great for anxiety but I find clonazepam in low doses is best for functional use while diaz is better for recreation.

Clonazepam--
imgsrv.fcgi

Diazepam--

As you can see, Valium, the more old school drug, is closer to the archetypical benzodiazepine,

Few things to note:
- Valium has both a shorter onset and time to peak as well as a significantly longer T1/2 and it has many active metabolites.
- Klonipin has a longer onset, a subjectively similar duration of peak, much shorter T1/2 but lacks active metabolites

Result: Valium is more euphoric, lasts longer (although the subjective effects fade), and has a sort of built-in tapering mechanism due to the active metabolites, e.g. if you are steadily taking it and skip a dose you might not notice, whereas with Klonipin you definitely will. Both are good drugs for anxiety. Valium is more sedating, going many hours later. It is more likely to get you "fucked up" but both will do so nicely.

Whilst where on the subject
Ativan is useful for ?
Xanax is useful for ?
clonazapam useful for?
Valium useful for ?
Recreational values of each 🙊

Xanax for panic attacks

Valium for being warm and monged out and also for tapering

Clonazepam for GAD

Lorazepam... same as Valium but not quite as good

Recreational value is best for Valium imo.

I prefer Xanax but we're not talking about that.
Clonazepam then Valium for me, Clonaz is more potent but way less likely to make you blackout like Alpraz. I'm struggling to get effects from any dose of Diaz, I can literally take handfuls yet 2-4mg of Clonaz is PLENTY to fulfill any needs I have
I REALLY wish I had access to Midazolam! That stuff is great and water soluble.
Temazepam and Oxazepam are both metabolites of Diazepam and on their own are pretty pathetic imo.

Is it true Rivotril is gone & there is only Paxam in Australia? For Clonazepam 2mg?

Last edited:
I only ask because if you had something harsh that you were snorting, something in the small mg's, you could use some crumbs of Rivotril to offset some harshness with their minty-ness. I also just prefer them.

I use both. Valium has always given me a bit of mild euphoria (within the first half hour of taking it under my tongue) at around a 30mg dose. I have a high tolerance to it.
Recently prescribed Clonazepam and while it generally works to ease my anxiety, I've never felt any type of effect from it, even at high doses. I have no idea why this is.
Valium will make me sleepy, too, while Clonazepam doesn't.

I use both. Valium has always given me a bit of mild euphoria (within the first half hour of taking it under my tongue) at around a 30mg dose. I have a high tolerance to it.
Recently prescribed Clonazepam and while it generally works to ease my anxiety, I've never felt any type of effect from it, even at high doses. I have no idea why this is.
Valium will make me sleepy, too, while Clonazepam doesn't.

Same. It's almost as if clonaz is 'just there' underneath the surface doing some job, yet other's rave about it, especially people from the USA.
I'm thinking of asking for a change to Ativan.
Do you get Rivotril where you are? Or is it gone?

I'm in Australia. I've also been on Ativan in the past but unfortunately cannot comment on its effectiveness as I was in very unstable state at the time and took 21mgs in one go (21 pills at 1mg each) on top of other substances 😐 I was drinking heavily that night too so don't know what I felt.
Yeah I was looking forward to being prescribed Clonazepam as I'd read so many positive things about it on this site, but it failed to impress. I'm now back on track and only take it as prescribed, I don't try to abuse it anymore. Wouldn't do anything anyway IME.
I agree! It works great to keep my anxiety at bay somewhat, which I guess is exactly what it's meant to do. Wouldn't mind a bit of a buzz from it though 😆

I know this. But Paxam is small and instantly turns to chalk under the tongue with less of a minty taste, Rivotril were binded better and tasted mintier.

Some people say Rivotril (Roche) is still available, others says only Paxam

I'm in Australia. I've also been on Ativan in the past but unfortunately cannot comment on its effectiveness as I was in very unstable state at the time and took 21mgs in one go (21 pills at 1mg each) on top of other substances 😐 I was drinking heavily that night too so don't know what I felt.
Yeah I was looking forward to being prescribed Clonazepam as I'd read so many positive things about it on this site, but it failed to impress. I'm now back on track and only take it as prescribed, I don't try to abuse it anymore. Wouldn't do anything anyway IME.
I agree! It works great to keep my anxiety at bay somewhat, which I guess is exactly what it's meant to do. Wouldn't mind a bit of a buzz from it though 😆

Oh shit that sucks and sounds like me with my Xanax problems. That's why I don't go near the fuckers anymore/ever again

I know this. But Paxam is small and instantly turns to chalk under the tongue with less of a minty taste, Rivotril were binded better and tasted mintier.

Some people say Rivotril (Roche) is still available, others says only Paxam

Oh hmmm no idea. Yeah my Clonazepam has always been "Paxam", come to think of it.. Never had it branded Rivotril.

Oh hmmm no idea. Yeah my Clonazepam has always been "Paxam", come to think of it.. Never had it branded Rivotril.

OK Thanks. How long have you been on it roughly?
I assume the the patent expired and it wasn't worth Roche keeping up with it.
I would have loved to experiment with the IV Rivotril ampules.