• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cleaning/Purifying Cocaine?

fairnymph

Bluelighter
This question has STILL not been answered! I've been on BL for over two years now and have yet to see a satisfactory response....
HOW do you get out the cuts/solvent residue from cocaine.hcl? And what if you want to get the cocaine.hcl back, i.e. as your end product ? I know that cocaine.hcl is insoluble in ether, but I'm not sure about typical cuts/solvents and whether they would be soluble in ether (in which case I could vacuum filter).
Details and information, please....It is so frustrating to have good quality coke (as in, the percentage of actual cocaine in the powder is high) that has a shitty drip/residue...
[ 10 May 2002: Message edited by: fairnymph ]

I posted a bunch of stuff, but reconsidered, because no matter how strongly I speak of education, some bonehead is gonna come along and set themselves on fire based on my suggestion.
My new recommendation:
Posts 99474, 55884 at the hive are your immediate starting points.

well, i think what you need to know to successfully do what you are asking is what the coke is cut with.....and then find something that the cut is soluble in.....

Cokeboy -- The first of those posts had no replies (it was another question like my own), and the second post could not be found (at least not by typing the post number into tfse). If it is ridiculously difficult to purify coke (which it really shouldn't be, by my thinking) then tell me so...otherwise I am still as clueless as ever and would like some details on the process...
pimpsta -- Unfortunately, I don't know what the hell the coke I get is cut with, sooo....yeah, that makes it more difficult also.

Ente di sol or la vey (as the french would say.. actually I just made that up) ..
Ok, it's easy and hard at the same time..
There are basically TWO ways to get the coke seperated from the cut or vice versa ..
1) Find out what the cut is, and then figure out how to destroy it without hurting the coke ... so say you know the cut is soluble in fluid A but the coke isn't... well, you would dump the shit into a jar and add fluid A, filter and the shit in your filter is the coke sans cut ..
2) Find out what the coke is cut with, then find something that the coke is soluble in but the cut isn't.. repeat the above but this time toss the shit that doesnt disolve.. you will then need to recoverthe coke - this could be easy as letting the dry but it depends on the solvent..
I honestly have no idea how the "cleaning kits" work..

See, the problem is, I have NO IDEA what this coke is cut with...and normally I don't care if my coke is cut, but when coke has that *nasty* drip I just can't stand snorting it...so yeah, is it possible to clean, or attempt to clean, cocaine, even if you dont know the cut?

Originally posted by fairnymph:
See, the problem is, I have NO IDEA what this coke is cut with...and normally I don't care if my coke is cut, but when coke has that *nasty* drip I just can't stand snorting it...so yeah, is it possible to clean, or attempt to clean, cocaine, even if you dont know the cut?
Not sure you can just blindly guess and have any hope of success... at this point... rock it and smoke it, or bang it if the drip is that bad...
doc

If you dont know what thwe cut is (and really, who does?) then just do it... I know youlike to be as pure with yer drugs as you can be, but this is cocaine, you just kinda do what you get... if you're going to bang then use ICE COLD WATER with NO HEAT .. otherwise, well, get rid of the crap, coke sucks!

1. take coke. base it
2. hcl bubble just like makin meth hcl from the oil, except you have a solid, so find an appropriate solvent.
problem solved. large scale? yes. scaleable? yes.

The reason it is going to be such a bitch to uncut your coke is because it is best cut with very similar uncontrolled molecules, particularly novocaine. I can't really find info on cocaine solubilities but it is going to be tough seperating these two. My guess is it isn't a do it at home sort of thing.
The homegrown way of poorely purifying your coke is to make crack and then resalt it. This will probably get rid of shitting cuts like sugar/salt but against something like novocaine I doubt it.
Still a little bit of bad tasting drip isn't so bad. Why not just go make crack and inject? That should be clean enough to inject.
[ 11 May 2002: Message edited by: quale ]

could be a long shot.....but i have heard of people mixing some koolaid with K, to overpower the drip with it...
is this maybe possible with Coke also??
::shrugs::
::scratches head::
casper

I don't want to inject, well, sometimes I do, but it isn't practical for me to solely inject cocaine, as the vasoconstriction resulting from the first injection prevents me from performing a second injection...fuck small veins, fuck being female. Soooo, if I want to make a night of cocaine, it's much more logical for me to snort it..and no I won't smoke it, I hate smoking things.
I guess making the freebase and then snorting that powder is the best option, right (seeing as I don't know the cut, etc)? If so, how to do this? Can I have detailed instructions? I have a wide variety of chemicals at my disposal so please give me the method that will result in the cleanest product, and with the best yield (though I am more interested in quality over quantity).
Thanks...

When searching on the hive by post number, you get only that post. You then need to click on the post heading to get the entire thread.
99474 and 59884 (sorry about the incorrect post number initially.
[ 12 May 2002: Message edited by: Cokeboy ]

(Taken from one of the above threads)
1) Dissolve the cocaine HCL in some water, add some decolorizing carbon and filter.
2) Add 28% aqua ammonia to the solution obtained in step 1 to produce the cocaine freebase and extract the freebase with low boiling petroleum ether.
3) Allow the petroleum ether to evaporate, dissolve the freebase in acteone and, if cloudy, filter again.
4)Prepare a solution of 1:2 conc. HCL in methanol. Use the aqueous HCL/methanol to acidify some acetone and then add to this solution the cocaine freebase/acetone solution.
5) Stir and allow the cocaine HCL to crystallize. Filter and acetone wash.
TO SUMMARIZE:
If any of the concepts are foreign to you (i.e. performing a chemical wash, an extraction or a filter), consider not attempting this.
Also, remember that petroleum ether has wonderful potential as a scarring tool, thanks to explosivity.
Finally, remember the bible: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0471129488/qid=1021195868/sr=8-2/ref=sr_8_3_2/002-7711694-8325665

It doesnt have to be that difficult.
Take your Cocaine HCl and make freebase via the the sodium bicarb (baking soda) route. Take your coke freebase and add warm hydrochloric acid to it dropwise until it;s completely dissolved. Now evaporate the solution to yeild very fuckin pure Cocaine HCl.

Hillbilly -
Ghetto-crack purity is NOT up to the same standard. Do a little reading.
The route you describe will not leave you with very clean product.

The only significant impurity found in crack (coke freebase) is unreacted baking soda. Baking soda is water soluble. The freebase isnt. Wash the product with water to get rid of all of the unreacted sodium bicarb. It's that easy.

According to several articles on Erowid, even after a wash in water some baking soda remains. Also, it has a lower yield than the ammonia version.
Want the highest purity, and the best yield? Use the more complicated method.
Want a simpler, less dangerous method with okay purity and yield? Use the baking soda method.
Thanks for the additional suggestion, Hillbilly.

Any method which dissolves the coke makes the solution basic and precipitates out the freebase will do. Baking soda will do just as good here as ammonia only problem is that it won't just evaporate away. Big deal. As hillbilly pointed out you can wash the freebase in water to remove alot of the baking soda (I dunno about all). It is my understanding that you don't lose a significant amount of coke doing it this way vs. doing it with ammonia provided you add sufficent baking soda. Both these methods are described in detail on erowid.
Also the little bit of baking soda she has when she reconverts back probably isn't going to be that bad a drip...then again I have never snorted baking soda to my knowledge.

Okay - just so that I was sure it'd work, I tried the longer way shortly after posting it.
Turned 1.2g into 550mg, but DAMN. That 550mg lasted a long freaking time. A sub-average line felt like I'd hoovered a three-inch rail.
Now it's all gone, I won't be buying more. That was a little TOO much fun. I've never been all that much into coke, but... wow.
Less product going in, likely easier on the nasal passages, too.