• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Cigarette Smoking

Started smoking at 16, Cause of my drug habits it helped ease withdrawl having a relaxing cigarette, and feels good while taking drugs.
Newport 100's always have always will.
Dont plan to quit cause it helps relax me :)

Started smoking at 15 when I started working...started out smoking a pack every 2 days and shortly thereafter went to pack/day (and eventually 2-3, but backed off to 1).

First drug I tried recreationally was xanax (first drug I tried was vicodin in 6th grade; my mom would give them to me for migraines) a few months before I started smoking (had a couple beers, maybe a shot of rum before I started smoking, but never got drunk until I was 16).

Started smoking weed the same time I started smoking cigarettes.

I prefer Marlboro's (Red 83's or 27's), but have been smoking L&M red 100's as of late because I can get them under $5 a pack.

Don't plan on quitting because they keep me sane.

1) My sophomore year of high school, age 15, well after I had ingested a couple narcotics, cannabis, booze, &c., mostly for teh lulz, because the general consensus was that I shouldn't do it, and because many of my equally impressionable peers did so as well.

2) During the time that I was smoking (see below), Marlboro Reds/Menthols and American Spirits were my brands of choice, mostly because I could obtain nothing else of comparable quality, affordability, and whatnot.

3) Interestingly, and unlike most people who take up smoking from a young age, I quit easily and rapidly ~6 months after picking up the habit. The fact of the matter is, I had begun smoking with a certain deliberation, and a clear goal in mind: I wanted to conduct my own anecdotal, absurdly pseudo-scientific trial of tobacco products to assess how addictive they really were. Again, not particularly scientific, even by my own standards of proof at the time, but that was my goal, and I stuck to it. After having tried desperately for half a year to become seriously addicted to the small (basically non-existent) buzz that the nicotine proffered, I quit cold-turkey, experiencing no withdrawal and suffering no lasting ill consequences to report.

I smoked for a year when I was 14, then stopped. Now I only seem to chain smoke when I'm on amphetamines, not sure why. I'll just take cigarette after cigarette. Never been addicted though.

Im 23 years old now. I wasn't really heavy smoker, more mediocre/average: averaged 15-20 cigs a day (including friday when I would smoke 2-3 packs per night, but in weekdays I only smoked like 5-10 cigs).

1) The first ever cigarrete I had when I was 13, but didnt start smoking regularly until 2 years after that. I started smoking regularly by the time I also started drinking booze, so at 15. It took a long time before the cigs gave me even slightly pleasant high , it was best friend who had already been smoking since 12 and who he convinced me its an OK thing to do.
2) I smoked mainly Sparta (probably unknown local brand) and, when I had the money, Davidoff. Always smoked the longest available pack cause theyre cheaper per hit ;).
3) Next month it will be exactly 2 years that I am nonsmoker.

I quit cigs cold turkey and it was my first try ever too. Didnt really felt much physical wd, just irritability and increased appetite. Not because I would have strong willpower nor physical resistance to tobacco addiction, I managed it easily because by the time I wanted to quit I radically changed my whole lifestyle, and I cut down on booze significantly.

Im sure that if I didnt cease drinking for a month back then, I wouldnt have quit cigs either.

Nowadays I still do smoke tobacco actually, but only as a mixture with weed in joints, and since I smoke pot rarely I probably smoke like 1 cig per 3 months :)

Forgot to say: DO NOT SMOKE, its completely useless drug with one of the worst pleasure to damage ratio out there...

Last edited:
Fucks tabbacco, it's 2012. Just buy an electronic cigarette and ingest nicotine without the cancer. Blu cigs are great!

1) When did you first start smoking?
I think i actively decided to start smoking at about 17. i was addicted by 18, when i started smoking more out of stress or during stressful situations i noticed the actual dependency was strong for the first time.
Was it before or after you got into other drugs? after. my first thing was weed (hate it now) and the friends i started out with were all pretty anti-cigarette smoking. this was at about 13. it didn't really have much to do with that. i had a close friend who did not get high and we would steal her parent's butts to go smoke them in her basement. again, about 12 or 13.
2) What brand or type are you loyal to? when i am not too poor to care? cloves, first. then camel turkish royals, then silvers, then golds.
3) Any plans on quitting? Why or why not?
i would like to quit before i am in my thirties or in my mid thirties. there is cancer in my maternal side of the family. i will need a lot of nicorette, e-cigarettes, and support from others. i will need a reason to care beyond my own health, probably. people i want to be alive for a long time around. a partner, probably. that is not a good answer, but it seems realistic to me. my concerns about health tend to go up when i have more to lose apart from myself and whatever.

Also what drug do you associate with smoking cigarettes? Ex: Tweakers chain-smoking, etc.

i view it as separate, but similar in the fact that some things just compliment others.

1) When did you first start smoking? Was it before or after you got into other drugs?
I started smoking daily at 16. I had already tried other drugs (weed, acid blotters, shrooms, mescaline) at that time. I started buying my own packs of cigarettes after a few months of buying individual cigs at a corner store that sold them near my high school. They cost 25 cents each... Buying that first pack was a huge mistake. After that, I was never able to be high without cigs again. And I'm still hooked today.

2) What brand or type are you loyal to?
Benson & Hedges, but when I can't afford them I'll settle for Peter Jackson or Mark Ten

Sure, I hope to quit very soon. My goal is to graduate from uni first so that I will be relieved from the constant stress of writing a thesis while living from one contract to another, never knowing what the following month will bring in terms of contracts and all.
I really think the next time will be the good one. I can see myself without a smoke between my fingers. I just can't manage to calm down, relax, and reach for something else than a cigarette when I feel stressed. Actually I'm sick of being a smoker.

I associate cigs with alcohol and stims. To me, all 3 together feel so good, it's like french-kissing Lucifer!

I was an opiate addict and frequent poly-drug user before I even touched a cigarette, guess I went backwards with that one.
It's the only drug that I still have an addiction to; I only started because I got fidgety on coke and needed something to do with my hands and mouth, then realised how good they felt when I'm opiated. I do plan to quit, some time, later, possibly, probably, maybe.

1) I was 13 when i started smoking im 20 now and iv quit for 1 year before so iv smoked 6 years total, a older girlfriend had some newports at the time(13 years old) so i lit up, loved the high they give you at first. nicotine was my first drug to consume im pretty sure.
2) Marlboro 72s 27s reds, camel reds.
3) yes im tapering down at the moment, just need to go cold turkey now or get a e cig. because im worried about my health and quitting cigarettes is just a step closer to being more healthy. I also dont like the shortness of breath or pains after smoking to many cigs. i get headaches if i smoke over 4-6 in 1 day so its definitely very easy for me to smoke to many. i would be really happy with just smoking 1 cigarette per month.

1) When did you first start smoking? Was it before or after you got into other drugs?
In highschool, I was already using opiates daily

2) What brand or type are you loyal to?
I hate to think that im loyal to a brand just because lol
But I LOVE Nat Sherman Cigaretellos

Yea definitely...I honestly dont know why i still smoke them, its been like 2 years of every other day atleast but lately it has been like 3 cigs a day and i always ask myself why i smoke them since they are not even worth it but sometimes it just gets boring and you wanna smoke haha

Started smoking when I was 15 unfortunately, and it's more than a habit now. I prefer Marlboro or Winston products, although I really like Dunhill too. The only reason I continued smoking is because they were really cheap here up until two or three months ago, now the prices skyrocketed. Everything went up, the big guys from the govt say it's done to reflect the prices of the EU, but I wonder where are those EU salaries though. Hah.

1) I started smoking at 14 or 15 y/o age and it was because my friend told me it'd get me higher(we high on buds) and it did so I picked up the habit to "get me high" which became support my addiction.
2) I "usually" smoke marlboro, but like parliamonts more, and would rather smoke american spirits then winstons b4 all of them b/c they are additive free.
3) yes I plan on quitting. I've almost quit a few times with an e cig, but keep starting up again b/c I'm fucked up ;)

1.)Started shmokin at, Idk like 13 prolly.
After other drugs. Sadly I started drinking at age 10 :/ lol and was smoking weed and such that teenagers do.
2.) Cowboy killers, camel crushes, and Marlboro blacks. Anything that's available if I have none lol.
3.) Eventually. If I thought I was bad. I prefer other tobacco products tbh like my hookah or cigarillos

first started around 8 or 9 with Marlboro menthols only when I drank. then quit til I was 17 (stopped for about 7-8 years). started smoking Marlboro reds and 27s when I smoked bud. switched to 54s when they came out cuz they were cheap and fell in love with menthols. and eventually became a loyal Newport smoker. became a habitual smoker when I started smoking weed. still smoke to this day. 1-1.5 packs a day of newports baby. plan to stop in a few years as my recovery flourishes.

started at 15. I was already sort of semi 'drinking' by then. stealing sips from parents' drink cabinet.
started with camels but loyal gauloises smoker for years now.
never thought about quitting, still don't really. not really. I probably will eventually, but never completely, I think. it's just so much a part of me.
if you really pushed me for an answer, I kind of can not imagine being without sigarettes. sad maybe but true.
smoking is my default activity.

1. 14, same as when i started smokin' pot and drinking.
2. Newports.
3. Plan on quitting sometime relatively soon (1-2 years)

Whatever you do, once you quit smoking DO NOT DRINK BOOZE. I always caved in and smoked a cigarette as soon as the liquor hit me until I managed to quit both at the same time (over a year without either). Now I can drink without even thinking about cigarettes, and I've managed to stay off the cigs for almost 2 years now.

Effuzion buddie that is so true about the not drinking.If theres anything to switch on that craving stick a 100/percent its drinking.A family member of mine quit for exactly 12 months had 3 cans of larger if i recall correctly and his hand snapped up a ciggarette and he was back 2 square 1.Sound and spot on advice buddie!!!!

I like smoking because of the social aspect associated with it. I started smoking lightly when I was 18, and occasionally had peroids of heavier smoking. I still smoke, but usually only ~3-4 cigs a week. Some weeks if that.