• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

christianity condones murder and violence

Geek Riddle

Bluelighter
If god permits and encourages animal sacrifice which is murder and genital mutilation (circumcision) doesn't that contradict the wholesome and moralistic teachings that are supposed to be implied by the religious philosophy of Christianity?

Ancient middle eastern tribal religions have no place in our modern society. It's dangerous and it's offensive.

Ancient middle eastern tribal religions have no place in our modern society. It's dangerous and it's offensive.
Why? They provide a moral framework that is like pretty good 85% of the time. Plus they give people comfort and community.

I think more fundamentalist interpretations of pretty much any religion are more harmful as they cannot tolerate the gap between scriptures and reality, so end up trying to alter reality.

But idk, people gotta feel ok with being on this strange planet somehow.

I don't think religion is completely useless or all bad, either.

I just think they need some major updates... or people need to look at it from a different perspective. People need to form their own beliefs and not take the preacher's word literally or as the only view.

I think without religion the world would be a grim place. Probably a lot more nihilists walking around.

Our planets ecosystem is on the brink of collapse because Christian beliefs say it's good to murder animals, intolerance and hatred run rampant, and unnecessary cosmetic procedures are performed on innocent babies robbing them of 20k nerve endings and causing excruciating pain. The Bible condones deception, violence, and bullying as acceptable moral behaviors. If God ever been in this planet he had long since abandoned us and left our species and our planet in shambles.

I don't think religion is completely useless or all bad, either.

I just think they need some major updates... or people need to look at it from a different perspective. People need to form their own beliefs and not take the preacher's word literally or as the only view.

I think without religion the world would be a grim place. Probably a lot more nihilists walking around.
The Bible is an untapped wealth of hidden wisdom, but as far as being a code of morality it's garbage.

I'm fairly agnostic (with an atheist bent) and I have an omnivorous diet. I don't exactly see a correlation with religeon.

I also know vegetarian and vegan Christians conversely.

I think there are other causes of our envinronmental troubles (ie an economy based on unceasing consumption) than people's antiquated belief systems.

Animal sacrifices were part of the Old Testament (agreement with God). The Old Testament was replaced the New Testament so animal sacrifices were no longer needed. Christianity is the New Testament. No animal sacrifices.

Yea I think us being on the brink of collapse is a whole other issue, one that is all due to humans bloodlust and greed.

I think what hit home for me was learning that our ancient ancestors brains grew to the sizes they were on the backs of hundreds if not thousands of now extinct species.

Also anywhere our early ancestors went, other hominid species also went extinct. We are simply disgusting creatures that seem to revere the few humans that have broken from the mold to do some good on this planet. Jesus Christ being somewhat a personification of this ideal human we all wish we could be.

-GC

Animal sacrifices were part of the Old Testament (agreement with God). The Old Testament was replaced the New Testament so animal sacrifices were no longer needed. Christianity is the New Testament. No animal sacrifices.
Yes, but because God said it was okay in the old testament people still murder animals for food and cause harm to babies. Regardless of what Jesus was trying to accomplish christianity and other religions and their influences are ruining our planet and our species and the lives of billions innocent lives.

Yes, but because God said it was okay in the old testament people still murder animals for food and cause harm to babies. Regardless of what Jesus was trying to accomplish christianity and other religions and their influences are ruining our planet and our species and the lives of billions innocent lives.

Jesus did not "try" to do anything except sacrifice Himself in place of all the sacrifices that had preceded Him. God did not demand animal sacrifices, Kain and Able offered them as an attempt to make up for what had happened in the "Garden". All "religions" were created by man, not God.

We are all still trying to put words into God's mouth, while in reality no man knows what He thinks or wants. All religions serve man, not God.

Our planets ecosystem is on the brink of collapse because Christian beliefs say it's good to murder animals, intolerance and hatred run rampant, and unnecessary cosmetic procedures are performed on innocent babies robbing them of 20k nerve endings and causing excruciating pain. The Bible condones deception, violence, and bullying as acceptable moral behaviors. If God ever been in this planet he had long since abandoned us and left our species and our planet in shambles.
I find it hard to believe that you have come to the conclusion that christianity is the root cause of evil and the environmental issues we may or may not face in the world today. What a complete load of rubbish. Are you familiar with the 10 commandments? Whether you are christian or not they seem like a good moral framework to live by? Humans and our inherent nature are responsible for the issues you have listed.

Violence, hatred, intolerance, envy, jealousy etc.. are an intrinsic part of human nature and there is evidence to suggest that we are biologically designed for violence and that violence has played a big part in the evolution of humans.

Homo Sapiens appeared around 300000 years ago, so prior to the last lets say 4000 years (we'll use Judaism rather than Christianity) there were around 286000 years of human evolution and development prior to Christianity and Judaism. During which time violent behaviours occurred and increased in rate. guess what there was even climate change back then - go figure..

Interesting article here https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tinct-to-kill-murder-each-other-a7335491.html

With regards to "murdering" animals - I guess you don't own and wear garments, accessories or shoes made from leather? Animal by products are used in the manufacture of water filters, insulation, rubber, antifreeze, certain plastics, floor waxes, crayons, chalk, adhesives, fertilizer, cosmetics and shaving cream there's a good chance that you have benefited from a "murdered" animal.

Perhaps you are getting Christianity mixed up with Islam in regards to condoning deception?

NB I am not religious in any way, just want to call out crap when I see it.

Last edited:
i disagree.

by pretty much any metric most of us would find important, the general rule is the more secular a country is, the better.

Normal.The sacrificial lamb is Jesus Christ.Crucifixed without real fault.Even Pilat saw this

If god permits and encourages animal sacrifice which is murder and genital mutilation (circumcision) doesn't that contradict the wholesome and moralistic teachings that are supposed to be implied by the religious philosophy of Christianity?
Well the gnostics believed that the god of the Old Testament was a flawed god that was the product of a primordial pregnancy gone wrong. And that this flawed god is the creator of our physical universe and the god that communicated with Abraham and Moses and implemented all of these barbaric rituals and is the god that forbids Adam and Eve from eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

If you want to entertain that possibility, it is possible that this flawed god just cares about worship and conflict amongst the inhabitants of this flawed manifestation of 3 dimensional physical reality and only wants blood and ritual sacrifice. You will find many situations like this throughout history. If you consider the Aztecs, they were in communication through psychedelic drugs with what they call the war god or the god of the sun. And these so called “gods” or entities would convince them to sacrifice thousands of people who were willing to give their lives to the gods. But it seems to be a systematic thing that happens in many different civilizations throughout history. There seems to be an active force that seeks to dominate and control large groups of people and manipulating them into exhibiting behaviors of an unwavering desire to kill and sacrifice and to see death as a good thing. Not saying that all of these different scenarios are being haunted by the same being but rather the entities that are associated with each scenario are tapped into a particular kind of consciousness that is in resistance to god. Christians will call it satan and new age people will call it luciferian. But the people who operate under this type of consciousness will tend to exhibit a lot of similar behaviors this is the force that governs a lot of the cults that are active now in our society and the cults that involve mass suicide or genocide or potential genocide.

However it is possible that there are other types of entities who operate under different types of consciousnesses and some of them might just be confused and may seem evil and mislead people but that does not necessarily mean that they are operating under this extreme form of luciferian consciousness.