• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social v. Stoned apes in orbit

Status
Not open for further replies.
allegedly.

i been turning from cannabis. turning to alcohol.

bombay gin tbe

I like both alcohol and cannabis :D But i enjoy getting stoned everyday, can't do that with alcohol unless you want to destroy your body&mind.

Smoking some hash right now, tastes pretty good

I don't think a beer or two at night will destroy your body and mind any quicker than a joint will tbh.

i don't go over 2 drinks or 2 beers if i'm drinking alone on a week day.

on the weekend i may get tipsy or drunk. but i don't drink to stupor.

I don't think a beer or two at night will destroy your body and mind any quicker than a joint will tbh.

neither a few glasses of wine or some scotch but i meant using alcohol like some of us use cannabis, i like to smoke through the day. Abusing cannabis is not nearly as bad to the body as alcohol.

But yeah i wasn't being entirely serious when i wrote that

bombay's good sauce, been meaning to try the EAST spin. i'm not much of a drinker these days. when i think of the bombay i reminisce about cold winter days with a flask in my pocket, shoveling some warm poutine buzzed af while the snow falls peacefully.

neither a few glasses of wine or some scotch but i meant using alcohol like some of us use cannabis, i like to smoke through the day. Abusing cannabis is not nearly as bad to the body as alcohol.

But yeah i wasn't being entirely serious when i wrote that

ya I think I agree, I was just thinking about the way smoking damages the lungs, something most people don't talk about when they talk about weed vs alcohol. Also I'm pretty sure weed is harder on memory/learning than alcohol is, well at least how most use them. Alcohol could kill you, but most people who drink don't drink all day or even every day. Alcohol seems like the easiest drug to keep to the weekends, compared to weed at least. I know quite a few people who smoke weed and most smoke through out the day and smoke every day, although I do know quite a few people who will drink every day but can manage to wait until after work.

different streaks for different freaks as my old boss would say.

i like good beer but don't crave it the same way I do weed. had a kirkland beer sitting in my fridge for a few weeks now, would rather smoke reclaim from my oil rig.. both are pretty nasty tbh.

very very true^

there's just something so seductive about alcohol and weed. they are so comforting both. weed a bit more forgiving but i fully agree that weed will fuck with your head quicker than booze. unless you're heavily abusing alcohol then i can't see it messing too much with what weed easily messes with. i believe weed will cause a quicker dependency as well and it'll be easier to become isolated and withdrawn being a pothead than someone who has a few drinks a night.

it's even argued that a glass of alcohol is not harmful towards the liver as it keeps it in check in the removal of toxins and such. it's also much easier to abuse weed in high amounts.

"I don't go over 2 if I'm drinking alone....."

LMAO

I consider it an accomplishment if I manage to drink less than 6 beers in a day, and on a fat day I weigh about 130lbs.

On the flip side, if I top out around 9-12 I'll hate myself the next few days, so there is a bit of a counterbalance there.

#OnABingeSinceITurned21

it's even argued that a glass of alcohol is not harmful towards the liver as it keeps it in check in the removal of toxins and such. it's also much easier to abuse weed in high amounts.

That "argument" (it's a valid point) refers solely to red wine consumption.

::in my Starship Troopers voice::

Would you like to know more? click here

"I don't go over 2 if I'm drinking alone....."

LMAO

I consider it an accomplishment if I manage to drink less than 6 beers in a day, and on a fat day I weigh about 130lbs.

On the flip side, if I top out around 9-12 I'll hate myself the next few days, so there is a bit of a counterbalance there.

#OnABingeSinceITurned21

That "argument" (it's a valid point) refers solely to red wine consumption.

::in my Starship Troopers voice::

Would you like to know more? click here

i'm aware. but i was referring to the normal booze.

here's my 2cents on it. you expose your body to a moderate amount of toxins a day (1-2 cigarettes, 1-2 drinks) and it's immune system will be accustomed to fighting toxins i.e becoming stronger or making it easier to recover from sickness.

i got the idea from the claim that a cigarette smoker's immune system works harder than a non-smoker cuz their body is more accustomed to removing toxins. i noticed that even when i get sick it's for no more than 1 day of the peak cold and a day of recovery. back when i was younger i remember being sick for 3 days on avg. though this could have been cuz i was younger.

idk, it's just what i think.

i also read something about a woman who smoked up to 2 cigarettes a day and she's extremely old. like 90+ iirc

I mean, it makes sense. Then again, because a smoker's system is constantly working harder than a non-smoker's, the constant "overdrive" could (and, in my opinion, does) tax and render a smoker's immune system, on a whole, less effective than a non-smoker's.

Personally, if given the choice I'd rather my immune system were constantly on stand-by instead of constantly at work... but on top of that I'd honestly prefer to keep on smokin', so.....

I don't see a way that a smoker's immune system could be better than someone who eats healthy and exercises regularly. A smoker's immune system would probably be working harder but that is because it is already stressed from the toxins in the smoke. Wishful thinking but I'd have to disagree on that one lol. If there were identical twins who ate the same and exercised the same but one smoked and the other didn't, I'd put my bet on the one who didn't smoke in terms of better health/immune system.

Sound like my old roommate Jib, he was maybe 10lbs heavier if that and would usually put down a 6 pack of craft beer nearly every night... and then ask to borrow money lol. Not saying you do that last part tho, pretty sure he had some other expensive habits that he wasn't being so upfront about.

So apparently I like the smell of skunk- not just the weed but the animal too. My parents dogs killed a skunk and god damn they smelled delicious. I wanted to wrap them up in a Raw paper and light them up... smelled like my dad decided to grow an outdoor crop almost. maybe I'm just scent-blind...

Sound like my old roommate Jib, he was maybe 10lbs heavier if that and would usually put down a 6 pack of craft beer nearly every night... and then ask to borrow money lol. Not saying you do that last part tho, pretty sure he had some other expensive habits that he wasn't being so upfront about.

So apparently I like the smell of skunk- not just the weed but the animal too. My parents dogs killed a skunk and god damn they smelled delicious. I wanted to wrap them up in a Raw paper and light them up... smelled like my dad decided to grow an outdoor crop almost. maybe I'm just scent-blind...

I don't ask for money, but I also don't get out much outside of work.

And skunks can smell unusually good sometimes. Always reminds me of weed.

...and speaking of skunks and work, the feeder drivers (18 wheelers, not package cars) seem to run over at least one a week pulling up to the building. I always smell that shit, man... when I first started a few years back, I'd smell dead skunk and start rifling through trucks looking for suspicious drug packages, lmao. Never found one-- or, at least, I've never opened one up to check. It's never been a sure enough thing to offset the paranoia of losing my job.

crazy part was my roommate was working 40 hrs a week and was doing a few side jobs on top of that. I know he had a taste for coke and I would find baggies, hooters, and residue pretty often. Then there was his drunken confessions(or denials) where he would blurt out stuff like "i swear I don't have a problem with vicodin" when no one even said anything about that... lol we had a 3 month deal worked out and that was enough for me. To each their own, but take care of yourself at least. whatever.. i tried helping that guy out more than once and it came back to bite me every time.

what would you do with the package if it wasn't weed? lol be like "idk it just fell"

I'm going to get high with a friend tomorrow. I haven't blazed with him since 2011. This should be good. :D

crazy part was my roommate was working 40 hrs a week and was doing a few side jobs on top of that. I know he had a taste for coke and I would find baggies, hooters, and residue pretty often. Then there was his drunken confessions(or denials) where he would blurt out stuff like "i swear I don't have a problem with vicodin" when no one even said anything about that... lol we had a 3 month deal worked out and that was enough for me. To each their own, but take care of yourself at least. whatever.. i tried helping that guy out more than once and it came back to bite me every time.

what would you do with the package if it wasn't weed? lol be like "idk it just fell"

Shit busts open all the god damn time. There are multiple people whose sole job is to clean up spills (spilled goods and spilled hazmat's) for nearly their entire shift. Ain't no thang to have to retape a busted up Amazon box, or seal a tear in an overstuffed envelope with a little bit of tape. I have to do it pretty much every day anyways. Par for the course.

I don't even know what I would do if it was weed. I might just find it, be satisfied at my detective skills and seal that bitch back up and send it along.

It's one of those things where you never really know what would happen until you find yourself in that situation.

I'd be hoping to stumble across the package that has the cash on the way back :D

but a box full of weed would be pretty cool too.. much harder to conceal tho, might have to split it with a co worker haha

I'd be hoping to stumble across the package that has the cash on the way back :D

but a box full of weed would be pretty cool too.. much harder to conceal tho, might have to split it with a co worker haha

Lol, I feel you.

I mean, I have it all planned out if it were to just fall in my lap, but other than that I don't really worry about it anymore.

The benefits and pay are too good after all these years invested to fuck it up, you know? Besides, I can afford my own weed. I just hope and dream of the day some dumbass tries to sneak some serious weight onto one of my trucks without a vacuum seal, lol.

And honestly? I would think drugs'd be much more likely to come through our system than cash money. I've heard older co-workers talk about boxes of change just collapsing on the belt and spitting silver all over the place, though.... that'd be cool, too. Normally I just see dumb shit spill, like sampler-sized bathroom products or cases of water, or buckets of paint, shit like that. Little things that find their way into every nook and cranny of our conveyor belt system because some clown decided to fit 50lbs of hand sanitizer into a little old cardboard box with a single strip of packing tap down the center.

Pro tip? COVER yo' shit with a layer of tape, and pad the fuck out of the inside of your boxes. Also? Shipping insurance, because things break every fucking day and if the company can prove you didn't pack your package according to our shipping guidelines, you're fucked out-of-pocket pretty much every time. Let the fuckers at the customer counter pack your shit for you if it's something super valuable and likely to break-- that way the responsibility is all on them and if something happens in transit, it's much harder for the company to try to put the blame on the customer.

Side-note: I've been watching Black Sails (on Starz) for a couple days now and it's got me fiending to play Assassin's Creed 4, so I went out and bought it for PS4.

Any of y'all play that shit for this system? I'm tryna find out what multiplayer's like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.