• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CD Social/ Information booth VS. Whose got the lighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't had nightmares in a long, long time. I mean, I have tense, stressful dreams that I tend to die a lot in, but once you've faced a couple dream deaths there's not much that'll shake your sleep. The most intense one in recent memory was a plane crash. It was in the middle of a vacation/family reunion in VT, I had just been on the plane the night before, and, lo' and behold, that night I dreamed that the plane I was on went down into the middle of a body of water. Interestingly enough, the crash wasn't bad at all... it was when the cabin started filling with water and I couldn't get my seatbelt off that I started to panic. Next thing I know I've got a lungful of water, the dreams fades black and all I remember is thinking a lot of fucked up things while I was... I dunno, I guess in limbo? Happens a lot when I die in a dream-- everything fades black and I just go into a long monologue with my thoughts. It's pretty weird to reflect upon.

There've been a few times I found myself hoping that it wasn't a dream this time and it was real. Not because I want to die; I'm very much in love with Life-- but because it confirmed (in the dream at least) that death wasn't the final step in all of our respective journeys, that there was at least something that comes afterward. Again.... weird.

[EDIT: If you don't mind me asking, what's a typical nightmare like for you, CH? I always get a kick out of anything dream-related and it's pretty awesome when I find people that actually remember having dreams (or at least people that don't deny having dreams). I can't stand when I hear someone say "I haven't dreamed for 25 years," or something similar... it just irritates me that they're missing out on on of the coolest things I've ever had my mind do without drugs.]

I find this very interesting because I too have died in my dreams and everything you just said reminds me very much of my own death dreams I have. or have had in the past.

I feel like I should mention though that I have always had very long detailed dreams that always seem like my reality at the time. I have never had lucid dreams where you know your dreaming, instead my dreams will leave very real impressions on me, often times the emotions I felt in a dream will linger long after I wake up. When I quit smoking weed for like 4 years I would often dream about weed, sometimes I would dream i got high at a party and would feel very very guilty about it and even feel guilty about it the next day when I woke up(the guy I was dating at the time was very judgmental about any drug use).

I have died in my dreams prolly about 5 times, though two death dreams I had when I was in highschool really stand out to me even today. In one dream I was in the car with an old high school boyfriend who I was dating at the time, he was driving and I was in the passenger seat. We pulled up to a friends house cause we were going to a party or something like that in the dream, but I remember having a bad feeling about the stop. As he put the car in park in the driveway two guys came out of the house and one walked up to the driver side window. With out saying a word the guy took out a gun and shot my friend in the head...I was very shocked but before i could say anything i realized the other guy had walked up to my window and when i looked at him and lifted up a gun and shot my kinda in the neck but pointing up towards my skull and brain. I still remember exactly how the gun felt in my neck, then he shot me and I went limp....but I still had conscious thoughts. I remember wondering why they had shot us like that and feeling so sorry for my parents because I knew how sad they were gonna be. evetually the dream just faded out...but all the next day I still wondered why they had shot us.

I've had one quite intense experience with dying in my dreams. It was a very long time ago when I was a really depressed teen, I had completely forgotten about it actually until I read the above stories...

Anyway, I can't remember what occasion it was in my dream or what exactly the place was where I was, I just remember sitting inside this room that had dark blue and black colors in it. Whatever I was sitting on felt wooden and it was just flat and hard, slightly elevated from the ground. Some details are a bit fuzzy. Around me there were my friends and my family sitting in a circle in the same manner as I was. Then I just suddenly announced to everyone that I'm going to kill myself and I pulled a revolver to my heads temple and pulled the trigger. There was a very loud noise and I felt a powerful shockwave ripple through my head, thrusting me to fall on my side. Everything went black and I had this weird feeling of free fall, yet I felt my body was there lying on whatever we were sitting on a moment ago and I could hear the voices of everyone around me, although everything sounded muffled, like I was deep underwater but without the distortion. Everything happened in slow motion, I realized what I had done and I finally felt truly at peace, even though I was a bit scared. Shortly I woke up. It felt significant that I experienced death in that dream, death wasn't the end of all experience.

The force of the bullet in that dream felt really... out of place? Like a feeling out of the dream, hard to explain. I just don't ever feel that way in dreams, it's like I literally felt my sleeping body got shot instead of it being just a dream.

[EDIT: If you don't mind me asking, what's a typical nightmare like for you, CH? I always get a kick out of anything dream-related and it's pretty awesome when I find people that actually remember having dreams (or at least people that don't deny having dreams). I can't stand when I hear someone say "I haven't dreamed for 25 years," or something similar... it just irritates me that they're missing out on on of the coolest things I've ever had my mind do without drugs.]

The common recurring nightmares I've been experiencing consist of interactions with my ex, she is back in my apartment and I feel unable to get her out, it feels so real that it makes me panic in the dream, and when I wake up it takes me a few minutes to realize it wasn't real.

I have also had recurring nightmares that revolve around various themes of trauma I have lived through, although the circumstances of the dream are so far off that it doesn't match up with reality (I might dream about being abused, but it won't be the same person who abused me in real life, etc. stuff like that) - but honestly the worst parts of my nightmares consist of interactions with my ex.

I have also had nocturnal emissions that line up with the sexual content of the nightmares, which may or may not involve my ex.

If I was to get into all of the details of what I have had nightmares about, it would be hard to read, and I don't want to disturb anyone deeply with the details lol.

I go out of my way to smoke cannabis immediately before sleeping, in fact I will hit the bong in bed, with the lights off, set it on the night stand, and go directly to sleep. Often this will help reduce the nightmares, or it will allow me to just not remember the dreams/nightmares so they don't bother me upon waking up. However it doesn't always work and I don't want to take benzodiazepines or any other drug to help alleviate these nightmares.

I determined that life is a conscious and subconscious desensitization process, and that I will just have to accept what I'm going through and that the less I'm disturbed by it, the less it'll happen as my mind will move onto new things to terrify my subconscious with during REM sleep/dreaming. :| That's my theory though, not entirely sure if I'm correct yet.

The worst part about these nightmares is my ex hand down. I've already moved onto someone else who I like a lot, and if I could just have normal wet dreams I'd be totally ok with it. I just dislike having wet dreams about my ex of all people :! ugh.

I go out of my way to smoke cannabis immediately before sleeping, in fact I will hit the bong in bed, with the lights off, set it on the night stand, and go directly to sleep. Often this will help reduce the nightmares, or it will allow me to just not remember the dreams/nightmares so they don't bother me upon waking up. However it doesn't always work and I don't want to take benzodiazepines or any other drug to help alleviate these nightmares.

I literally tuck myself to bed accompanied with a bag full of thc vapor lol. It's the best relaxation technique for bed I've managed to come up with, just lie there eyes closed and breathe while slowly drifting to unconsciousness.

And yeah, I too believe that acceptance of subconscious issues is the key to beating your nightmares. I've had my share of nightmares about an ex too... Very rarely nowdays, maybe I'm slowly starting to get truly over it? I'm always interacting too, like, arguing and making up and stuff that raises very strong emotions. I actually think I've done a lot of forgiving inside my nightmares and THAT has really helped me reduce them. Conscious work by the day to prepare for the subconscious work in my dreams. :)

The common recurring nightmares I've been experiencing consist of interactions with my ex, she is back in my apartment and I feel unable to get her out, it feels so real that it makes me panic in the dream, and when I wake up it takes me a few minutes to realize it wasn't real.

I have also had recurring nightmares that revolve around various themes of trauma I have lived through, although the circumstances of the dream are so far off that it doesn't match up with reality (I might dream about being abused, but it won't be the same person who abused me in real life, etc. stuff like that) - but honestly the worst parts of my nightmares consist of interactions with my ex.

I have also had nocturnal emissions that line up with the sexual content of the nightmares, which may or may not involve my ex.

If I was to get into all of the details of what I have had nightmares about, it would be hard to read, and I don't want to disturb anyone deeply with the details lol.

I determined that life is a conscious and subconscious desensitization process, and that I will just have to accept what I'm going through and that the less I'm disturbed by it, the less it'll happen as my mind will move onto new things to terrify my subconscious with during REM sleep/dreaming. :| That's my theory though, not entirely sure if I'm correct yet.

The worst part about these nightmares is my ex hand down. I've already moved onto someone else who I like a lot, and if I could just have normal wet dreams I'd be totally ok with it. I just dislike having wet dreams about my ex of all people :! ugh.

It sounds like your worst nightmares revolve around things that could easily happen to you in real life, and, in my experience, those are the hardest ones to shake after I wake up. The batshit insane ones I'm normally good with, but when I'm having trouble figuring out if my dream's really happening in real-time or not I'm most likely to wake up in a cold sweat. Not immediately, just whenever I happen to wake up.

And sorry, but I lol'd at the wet dream thing. It came out of nowhere and caught me by surprise.

6 Mind Blowing Things Nobody Taught You About Black Holes - Cracked.com

Article Sample said:
Meteors light up because a thin layer of gas is heated by friction. When gas clouds fall into a black hole, the whole thing is being heated by friction. The consumed cloud is its own meteor and atmosphere, and both are burning with cosmic fire. They get so hot, they don't just glow white, they glow X-ray, converting 10 percent of their total mass into pure energy. For comparison, fusion warheads only convert 0.5 percent of their mass into energy. Understand: Black holes create a place where dropping something releases 20 times more energy than thermonuclear detonation. And our galaxy's central black hole, Sagittarius A*, will be doing that this year.

Awesome article. Hope someone enjoys it, and I hope err'body's having a good end of the week. I just gobbled down a Roxi' 30 and I've got grams for days of some kind of haze. Well... I've got 3 grams and it'll probably last two days.

For some reason I wanted to listen to some old KMK today, but then I did and was like "Why the hell was I ever into this shit? Oh right... weed."

And sorry, but I lol'd at the wet dream thing. It came out of nowhere and caught me by surprise.

hahaha it's ok. Yeah I honestly don't understand why I still have wet dreams so often (I literally have to jack off 1-2 times a day to make sure I don't have wet dreams 8(), and it perplexes me even more that the wet dreams normally have straight up bizarre sexual content to them.

High as shit again, listenin' to some music. Stumbled into one of my favorite videos of all time. Smoke somethin' and check it out:

Sage Francis - Escape Artist

they call me daredevil but I'm not precise enough
unprofessional-- on an amateur level; I love my life too much

Does anybody have Purple Cloud's (CD mod from years ago, with Chainer but before Neko) email address? I've got her on Facebook but I deactivated last August and really, really don't want to reactivate it for any reason whatsoever.

I've got a situation that I think she could help with so if anybody knows how to get a hold of her outside of this site and Facebook it would be greatly appreciated.

Does anybody have Purple Cloud's (CD mod from years ago, with Chainer but before Neko) email address? I've got her on Facebook but I deactivated last August and really, really don't want to reactivate it for any reason whatsoever.

I've got a situation that I think she could help with so if anybody knows how to get a hold of her outside of this site and Facebook it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't; best of luck. I can't blame you for not wanting to reactivate facebook. :) I'm glad not to be on it at all.

I don't; best of luck. I can't blame you for not wanting to reactivate facebook. :) I'm glad not to be on it at all.

Blower. Asking here was a long shot anyways given everything that went down right before she left BL but I figured it was worth a try.

Well im usually an every day toker but with only £8 to spend on food and weed next 7 days, i guess ill have to quit for a bit lol

Well im usually an every day toker but with only £8 to spend on food and weed next 7 days, i guess ill have to quit for a bit lol

I find myself in the same boat nearly every week. Living paycheck-to-paycheck is better than not having a paycheck, but it can still be pretty shitty.

na this hasnt happened before i spent nada. on 1/4 last week, and £60 ona rave this Saturday it was well needed tho i hadnt been out for 6 months

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you, man. Since I've started cutting back on all my habits I've found myself in my own little world. Wake up, work, get off and go home, eat, smoke, sleep, repeat. It's monotonous as hell but for the first time in my adult life I've gone 6 months without any legal trouble or run-ins with the police.

A decent trade-off, I suppose...

sup guys? what have i missed?

i met up with pff today, went and had dinner with her. got kinda nostalgic for bluelight and figured i'd stop in

i met up with pff today, went and had dinner with her. got kinda nostalgic for bluelight and figured i'd stop in

Not a got damn thing, really. How've you been, AP? I almost never realize BLers have vanished until they make a reappearance in CD, lol. Everything goin' well for you?

PurpleFirefly? I miss her! She used to tinychat with us back in the early TC of the lounge days. Tell her neko say's hi! Man I bet she would flip is she knew I was living with ChemicalSmiles now, haha!

What else is new CDers? I have been super busy with my business and taking on more and more design work. I also havent seen Chainer is quite some time, so forgive me is CD is a bit disorganized right now. This has been such a busy month, and now we are trying to buy a car(CS and I) which we reallyyyyyy need.

I am hoping to spend some time tonight cleaning of threads though, gotta get baked and laid first though. You know how it is...

What else is new CDers?

Not a lot, just a bunch of pain and suffering tbph.

21867367.jpg

made me laugh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.