• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Dosing CBN Dosing

Yea I’ve used CBN in many forms. Lately it’s been 1:1 THC:CBN gummies.

I’m definitely noticing the anxiolytic properties moreso than ever before. I’m finding certain CBN products vary in the sedation.

Overall it’s too sedating for too long to make me use it too often. Like you Snafu I’ll sleep a solid 10 and still wake up groggy.

-GC

From early research on cannabinol:

uRAr0rlm.jpg
lmfao

@sekio it's definitely active from my experiences in the last week. Oral doses of 5, 10, 20 and 25mg produce an unmistakable and relatively strong sedation, relaxation and amazing sleep, comparable in effectiveness to 10mg diazepam (sans gaba effects obviously). Anxiolytic as well for me, but this is probably indirect.

It does not feel like a cannabinoid, pretty much strict sedation, there is no head high.

I fell in love with it instantly. As someone with fried GABA receptors who generally must abstain from GABAergics it's amazing for me.

Compared to CBD which does virtually nothing for me even in doses of 1000mg, it definitely feels psychoactive in comparison.
this is a promising endorsement, I gotta get me some CBN, damn.

have been wanting something totally sedative without the risk that benzos present and that isn't Diphenhydramine because DPH has a host of other issues associated with off label use, lol. I just need to safely knock myself out sometimes.

I do recall very much enjoying batches of old cannabis other people didn't care for specifically because of the intense couch lock effect that oxidized cannabis begins to acquire.

For reference, it's apparently trivially easy to turn THC, THCa, CBD, CBDa, or any mixture of these into CBN simply by treating your cannabis extract with 2eq molecular iodine [ref1][ref2].(presumably with catalytic iodine if in presence anything to reoxidise the HI)

Last edited:
This stuff is a powerful hypnotic at higher doses. At 50mg oral I couldn't keep my eyes open. Felt like I had taken a z-drug.

I smoked a small hit of weed, and it woke me up.... after an hour when the hit wore off the sedation came right back. Slept like a log.

I suspect THC may boot CBN off the receptor.

I just got access to a new Cannabis edible containing 1:1:1 THC:CBN:CBD all at 2mg. They came in a package of 5 gummies so I just started eating them like Candy while watching Canadian football. After 40mg of each, sleep was much easier. I did have OEVs though.

Tom

I did have OEVs though.
What kind of OEVs?

Cannabinoids can give me a weird sort of visual noise, that includes flashes if light and color (hard to describe), but I've never had OEVs.

High doses with no tolerance has given me auditory hallucinations a few times (not voices, other weird stuff). One time I heard the 'growling' from the demon kid in the movie The Grudge.

What kind of OEVs?

Cannabinoids can give me a weird sort of visual noise, that includes flashes if light and color (hard to describe), but I've never had OEVs.

High doses with no tolerance has given me auditory hallucinations a few times (not voices, other weird stuff). One time I heard the 'growling' from the demon kid in the movie The Grudge.
Do you remember the kaleidoscope toys we had when we were kids? The ones that looked like small telescopes, containing a small mirror and a bunch of small colored beads. You’d turn one part of the cardboard tube and see patterns almost like fractals. I get those types of shifting colours usually in multiples of hex patterns. If I close my eyes they become more vivid and Mayan type. These usually happen after a tolerance break ( 2 weeks or so).

Tom

edit: My blood levels may be higher because I am on Haemodialysis (3x a week), whereas on Peritoneal dialysis (4x a day, 27x a week). Certain drugs (Aleve for instance) just continue to accumulate and can cause toxicity.

Last edited:
ive actually been using CBN hash which was recently available to me (cookies and cream cbn hash) it smells nice and tastes nice i sent it off for 3rd party screening and no synthetic cannabinoids were present .
I cannot accurately give an idea on the doseage because the hash might not be the % it says but all i can say is i would consume roughly the same amount as any hash i would get back in the day in one session on vape (highest temperature of 210c, still more life left in it i believe though) and it delivers a pretty decent effect , including relaxation and tiredness that as others have would compare to a hypnotic drug
A very underrated and underexplored cannabinoid at least in my part of the world

Last edited:
I used to make shatter that was over purged with heat to get some CBN created and it was always knock out stuff.

So glad that finally the science and market has caught up to stoner science from over a decade ago

we are only just barely seeing cbn in the UK , it is in hash form which i must say is very pleasant both taste and smell wise, bit harsh to smoke, vapes very nicely at higher temperatures very smooth
its meant to be 8% cbn and around 0.2-0.3g does something to me , if i get the right amount it seems to improve the quality of sleep way better than weed , i notice i dont wake up with red squinty dry eyes but rather refreshed and relaxed as well as alert peepers

Does thc if not stored in glass of some kind, causing cbn levels to raise?
it does degrade to CBN, correct
However im not sure if the quality itself diminishes or something or what, as a tester i once stored some weed in a tube with a corked end in sunlight and when i tried it a month later it just gave me a headache nothing else

it does degrade to CBN, correct
However im not sure if the quality itself diminishes or something or what, as a tester i once stored some weed in a tube with a corked end in sunlight and when i tried it a month later it just gave me a headache nothing else
No drowsiness at all? I left weed out for a few weeks once and smoked it and I definitely felt more sedated and drowsy. Felt like I took a few Benadryl.